PDA

View Full Version : Anime Evolution

VanFanel
04-13-2005, 03:53 PM
I didnt bother to check other areas for this as it doesnt fit anywhere else.
Is anyone on here going, id love to meet up with more people.

archangeli
04-13-2005, 04:01 PM
I just had a look at the AE website (www.animeevolution.com) and it's REALLY late this year (August 19-21). I remember it being earlier in July... o_0"

Lucky.. Kirby Morrow and David Kaye are guests ;)

Katasha
04-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Should I manage too find a place too stay I'll be taking the Edmonton bus trip too AE. It should be so much fun!

☆Skull Rabbit☆
04-13-2005, 05:42 PM
I'll be going. It shall be fun... I hope. As long as I don't have many creepy nerds walking around me and staring at me haha~~

And I should start my costumes for it. I got a wig for one of them and some fabric, so at least it is a start hey? :D

Aha I didn't know it started kind of earlyish in my guess, I was thinking like just before school starts weekend or something. Not a whole lot of time between animethon and ae I guess :D a couple weeks.

~Yukiko~
04-13-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm going, as always. :O Gotta start my costumes too, one of these days.

Edit: By the way, does my sig load all the way for you people? It's not working for me... Cut off and such.

RottenOnion
04-13-2005, 11:17 PM
XD I be going! ^_^ hahahah! waaaahhhh! Kirby morrow! *dies*

Yukiko:: Yeah. it loads all the way for me.

Mekou
04-13-2005, 11:19 PM
>> Edit: By the way, does my sig load all the way for you people? It's not working for me... Cut off and such.

It's cut off because there's a 130 pixel height for sigs. ^^

I'd iek to attend AE. But it's funding and transporation that are stopping me. -.-; We shall see though.

Infini
04-14-2005, 12:53 AM
I might go too, but I'm trying to decide between 3 or 4 cons near that time. Anime Expo, Anime Evolution, Animethon, and CNAnime. >_> I wanna go to Anime Expo, but if I can't find anyone to go with and it doesn't happen, I'm considering Anime Evolution/Animethon.

Same problem with funding/transportation as Mekou. ^^

~Yukiko~
04-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Mekou: Damn. I'll resize it later.

Infini: When I went to Animethon... It sucked. XD Just to let you know and stuff.

Katasha
04-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Animethon rocks! I've gone 5 years in a row now, I love it. and If it was a real con ( Registration and all) , it would only be slightly smaller then Anime north.

Kioko
04-14-2005, 07:29 PM
I will be going to AE. Since it is my local convention here. ^^;;

Saffi
04-16-2005, 10:49 PM
i'm really hoping to go to AE this year, my friends and I have a Cats plan thing going (go fig... it's me... ) I'm hoping to drag Infini along too... *grin* it's a matter of convincing.. hey Infini.... Space Channel 5...................

-saff

Kawaii Akina
04-16-2005, 11:19 PM
I new convention I've just heared about now ^^;; I would like to go but it's too far away ^^;;

Infini
04-17-2005, 03:24 AM
i'm really hoping to go to AE this year, my friends and I have a Cats plan thing going (go fig... it's me... ) I'm hoping to drag Infini along too... *grin* it's a matter of convincing.. hey Infini.... Space Channel 5...................

-saff

Space channel 5 is sooo tempting....but I really wanna go to Anime Expo too... ;_; (being a new job person sucks, since it's impossible to get time off and I don't get paid holidays till next year).

California calls to meeeee.

☆Skull Rabbit☆
04-17-2005, 06:29 AM
Ahaha Animethon does suck when you gotta wait in that cosplay room for hours and hours. It kind of puts me off from wanting to enter cosplay at Animethon ever again.

And they need more things to do, but hey, it's still a good festival thing~? Didn't really do anything last year~

ShiroInu
04-17-2005, 06:12 PM
I'll be going to AE this year. I went last year, but only on the Sunday and I had to drag my dad around with me. This year I'll be going in costume and with friends. I've got about 15% of my costume done already (the ears, the rosary and the base for the non-transformed Tessaiga).

Jakotsu_sama
04-24-2005, 04:18 PM
I'll be attending AE, as always. ^^

I don't have a lot of money, so Anime Evolution is my "big con". ^^' It's always a blast.

I'm sort of regretting my cosplay choice, though... it's going to be so hot and muggy in two out of my three costumes(multiple layers in both, pleather in one). *sighs* It's a labour of love. ^^

ShiroInu
04-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Lucky me . . . I'm designing my costume so that I can remove layers without changing the costume too much. It wasn't very hot when I went last year, but that may have just been because I was only there in the morning.

For me, this is the only convention I'll get to go to this year, and I had to rely on my parents to pay for registration.
. . . . . man, I need a job . . . . -_-;

Jakotsu_sama
04-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Lucky me . . . I'm designing my costume so that I can remove layers without changing the costume too much. It wasn't very hot when I went last year, but that may have just been because I was only there in the morning.

For me, this is the only convention I'll get to go to this year, and I had to rely on my parents to pay for registration.
. . . . . man, I need a job . . . . -_-;

*laughs* I know how you feel. I managed to scrounge up enough money to go last year through a part-time tutoring gig, but that's done now. It's back to throwing resumes around again, I guess. -.-'

Heh... I had to get my mum to pay for my registration the first year I went. I felt like such a mooch. ^^'

But lucky you! Being able to remove layers, that is. *sighs* If the shoot gets a little hot, please feel free to strip down a bit. ^^

I mean that in a platonic way, too. There are going to be quite a few people, and since the shoot is most likely going to be sometime mid-morning on Saturday, it's probably going to be quite hot. My friend, who's also cosplaying Inuyasha, has already said that she'll probably go sans her "fire-rat" top. Which is made of heavy felt, so I don't blame her. ^^

ShiroInu
04-24-2005, 11:06 PM
hmm . . . still haven't figured out what type of fabric I'll be using (it really depends on price - unless I get a job, I've only got about 30$ to spend -_-; ), but I'll be sure to keep temperature in mind.

(BTW - See? I told you all Inu-Yashas are female crossplayers anyways ^_-)

CanDyMaN
04-27-2005, 12:59 PM
=^^= jsut got into cosplay and hoping to go to the AE. Wanting to meet new people, look for jiroubou ^-^

☆Skull Rabbit☆
04-28-2005, 02:32 AM
Who's jirobou?

RingoBubbleTea
05-12-2005, 08:29 PM
This is awsome, so many more people are going to AE this year =D
I'll be anticipating everyone's costumes~

LadyPhoenix
05-14-2005, 12:40 AM
Oh I went last year, it was great! ^-^
Just a note of warning, last year it poured on one of the days, bue cleared up later. So don't wear anything that you can't afford to get wet, or stay inside and bring an umbrella. Fortunately, I had the foresight to laminate my cardboard shield...

ShiroInu
05-14-2005, 01:00 AM
How clever of you, LadyPheonix. Well, it is Vancouver. You should always be prepared to get rained on, no matter what the sky looks like. ^^

Jakotsu_sama
05-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Oh I went last year, it was great! ^-^
Just a note of warning, last year it poured on one of the days, bue cleared up later. So don't wear anything that you can't afford to get wet, or stay inside and bring an umbrella. Fortunately, I had the foresight to laminate my cardboard shield...

Yeah, I had to stay out of the rain because I'd painted the leaf pattern on my yukata in watercolours... >.>

Who'd have imagined that after three weeks of perfectly sunny, dry weather it would've rained on the one main day of the con?

PikminLink
05-16-2005, 09:36 PM
it looks like we will be going to AE this year! as well as consplayers.com. We are going up to Edmonton for Animethon, and then to Anime Evolution, and kumoricon on the way home.

This will be my second Canadian anime con ^___^

Kioko
05-17-2005, 12:31 AM
Wow thats quite the road trip your going on.^^

~Yukiko~
05-17-2005, 02:22 AM
Oh, cool. I'll be seeing you to eat your horse afterall then.

venus
05-26-2005, 11:30 PM
I'm going to AE this year.
I've gone to ae last year and the year before.
This year it will be more special for me since I got a friend of mine to come along with me. :rofl:
I can't wait!

ShiroInu
05-27-2005, 01:45 AM
That's cool venus. Did you cosplay in previous years?

(My friend has been going to AE since the con started a couple years back.)

venus
05-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Last year was my first time cosplaying. I cosplayed Ino Yamanaka from Naruto with her orange outfit and her usual purple outfit.

ShiroInu
06-24-2005, 01:27 PM
wh00t! It's roughly 2 months (give or take a couple days) until AE! I'm so excited, but that's probably normal for someone's first cosplay. :geek:

How's everyone going on their costumes? I've got everything I need for my costume (except for the wig), so I've just got to corner my mother and get her to show/teach me how to sew.

Would anyone else (local people - I know a lot of you are coming in from outside the province/city) be interested in having a Gathering some time? I've heard of all the other conspeople doing it, so I figured why not put the idea out there. The weather looks like it'll be good for this summer, so maybe a picnic or a beach gathering. What do you think? :cool:

Kioko
06-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Would anyone else (local people - I know a lot of you are coming in from outside the province/city) be interested in having a Gathering some time? I've heard of all the other conspeople doing it, so I figured why not put the idea out there. The weather looks like it'll be good for this summer, so maybe a picnic or a beach gathering. What do you think? :cool:

You might want to actually check out the AE webby site forums because there is always gatherings being posted on there. ^^

Jakotsu_sama
06-26-2005, 12:55 AM
wh00t! It's roughly 2 months (give or take a couple days) until AE! I'm so excited, but that's probably normal for someone's first cosplay. :geek:

How's everyone going on their costumes? I've got everything I need for my costume (except for the wig), so I've just got to corner my mother and get her to show/teach me how to sew.

BOO!

Yeah, I'm back. And as annoying as ever, unfortunately. >.>

Anyway, I regret not having contacted you sooner, ShiroInu-san... but I forgot. *sighs* Seriously. I did. I have the memory of a senile goldfish.

Just to let you know, there's an Inuyasha Cosplayer meet-up on July 9th at Metrotown. Details can be scavenged from the thread on the AE forums. Maybe you can come? We'd love to have you. ^^

ShiroInu
06-26-2005, 01:50 AM
Wow. I feel like such an idiot. I had completely forgotten about the fourms on the AE website. Your lack of memory must be contagious, Jakotsu-sama.

I've checked out the post and it looks interesting . . . have to see if I can get my parents to drive me (I tend to get lost when travelling on the bus). On second thought, maybe I'll bring some of my friends - they use the bus/skytrain all the time to get to metrotown.

Ashadeus
06-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Hey, I'm going to Canada for the first time to infiltrate AE. Reading your memories of past weather conditions and based on the recent bi-polar behavior of Mother Nature (she forgot to take her pills again), I have no idea what to expect weatherwise during the con. I've got two costumes so far, both relatively warm (Aya Fujimiya from Weiss Kreuz and Itachi Uchiha from Naruto) and I'm praying to the powers that be that it won't be hellishly hot like it is down here in California. So ah...since it seems you all reside in Canada, would you mind giving me a little heads up on the typical weather for August? That would help a lot...if it's gonna be sweltering, I might as well mentally prepare myself now.

ShiroInu
06-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Sure I'll help you out. I'm not familliar with Farenheight-Celcius conversions, so you might want to have a converter handy to translate my temperatures.

Mid-August in BC ranges from the low 20s to the high 30s (I'm probably off a little on this -I live near the water, and SFU is more inland), depending on the weather. SFU (the location of AE) is up in the hills, so chances are it will be a little warmer up there than down in the valley. Mother Nature has very extreme mood swings around here, so always be prepared for rain/cloudy weather. Rainclouds can roll in overnight, just as skies can clear in an hour. On rare occasions (like a couple years ago) El Ninyo shows up and turns up the dial about ten degrees. It'll be easier to tell if we're going to have weather like that once the date gets closer.

The basic rule of thumb my dad tells me to follow is whatever the weather forecast tells you, think five degrees on either side and that's your range for the day. I don't often look at the weather, or pay attention to temperatures, so if someone else has more accurate info, it'd be better to listen to them. Summers up here are generally mild (again, with the exception of El Ninyo), but the farther you are from the coast, the hotter it gets.

~Yukiko~
06-27-2005, 01:32 AM
Haha, they probably don't understand celsius.

Ashadeus
07-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Sure I'll help you out. I'm not familliar with Farenheight-Celcius conversions, so you might want to have a converter handy to translate my temperatures.

Mid-August in BC ranges from the low 20s to the high 30s (I'm probably off a little on this -I live near the water, and SFU is more inland), depending on the weather. SFU (the location of AE) is up in the hills, so chances are it will be a little warmer up there than down in the valley. Mother Nature has very extreme mood swings around here, so always be prepared for rain/cloudy weather. Rainclouds can roll in overnight, just as skies can clear in an hour. On rare occasions (like a couple years ago) El Ninyo shows up and turns up the dial about ten degrees. It'll be easier to tell if we're going to have weather like that once the date gets closer.

The basic rule of thumb my dad tells me to follow is whatever the weather forecast tells you, think five degrees on either side and that's your range for the day. I don't often look at the weather, or pay attention to temperatures, so if someone else has more accurate info, it'd be better to listen to them. Summers up here are generally mild (again, with the exception of El Ninyo), but the farther you are from the coast, the hotter it gets.

Thank you so much. I have a basic understanding of Celsius-Farenheit conversions, so the ranges you gave me paint a basic picture of the temperature. And now I know I'm gonna die in my costumes :sulk: . But I'm still gonna go to AE! See you guys there.

NamaeX
07-01-2005, 03:35 AM
I'm going to miss coming to AE. T_T I'm in Vancouver for 4 days and then I'm in Hong Kong for the rest of the summer.

☆Skull Rabbit☆
07-01-2005, 05:30 AM
There is always next year maybe?

LadyPhoenix
07-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Translation: Bring an umbrella (or waterproof your shield and use it as an unbrella) and sunblock.
You can't predict the weather around here, so prepare for anything and make sure your costume can stand some moisture. I remember last year; Friday was sunny and hot. Saturday poured buckets.

I also remember being very warm with all the costume layers, but any seasoned cosplayer knows that's to be expected especially with armour... *grimaces* I advise against all vinyl costumes. Cotton is a godsend. It breathes. It's much nicer in the shade, although there are a lot of people inside, so it can get quite warm in there. However, the AMV room is quite cool, so if you're dying of heat, pop in there. I can almost guarntee you if you stay inside that you will not be uncomfortably cold.

Katasha
07-03-2005, 12:52 AM
OH god I hope its mild there. I don't want too be melting in my costume. Its like 33 meters of fabric. An over and an under Kimono and probably a tank top under that..I'm going too die! though if we got 10 people too hold up my skirt and like flap it around it would make a great fan :)

ShiroInu
07-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Well, I hope it isn't too bad for you. That seems like a very hot costume, Katasha. I've heard of people who wear heavy costumes like that building interior pockets and putting ice-packs in them. Maybe that could help. Or, if it would match the character better, by a big folding fan. Those things are great. I got one last year, and I always carry it with me in the summer.

Jakotsu_sama
07-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Well, I hope it isn't too bad for you. That seems like a very hot costume, Katasha. I've heard of people who wear heavy costumes like that building interior pockets and putting ice-packs in them. Maybe that could help. Or, if it would match the character better, by a big folding fan. Those things are great. I got one last year, and I always carry it with me in the summer.

Ice packs, says my Vash-cosplaying friend, are a God-send.

Of course, it's only possible to carry them if the costume is fairly loose... a form-fitted costume doesn't all for one to hide much. -.-

I would suggest bringing a fan (as aforementioned) and/or a spritz-spray bottle... thingie. >.> Those are supposed to cool you off wonderfully. and it shouldn't ruin any make-up you have on, as long as you use it sparingly...

ShiroInu
07-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Last time we were in California, we bought a pressurized water spritzer that my mom uses all the time whenever we go to the beach. I can't remember what the store called it, or where I got it, but it's got a pump that keeps the water under pressure, and a strap so it's easy to carry. All you do is turn the small valve on the nozzle and it sprays you with a fine mist. Very refreshing.

Something like that would be good, but it might be hard to conceal under a costume. Unless your costume has big puffy wig - then you could just hide it under your hair ^^.

(quick costume update: I'm cutting the fabric for the costume tonight [once my mom stops playing her addicive computer games -_-;])

Hikaru Tsuki
07-14-2005, 02:43 PM
I'll be at AE this year as well. This will actually be my fourth Anime Evolution, the first one I went to was back before it was a con. Ah, memories.

This year I decided to not continue my cosplay panel from last year, mostly due to my own laziness. However, I will be debuting several new costumes, including Inuyasha characters Kikyo and Inuyasha (boyfriend will be Inu), Tsubasa characters Sakura and Syaoran (boyfriend again), and DDR characters Emi and Rage (boyfriend). My Puchiko costume from last year will re-appear, since it was a lot of fun to wear last year. ^^

... Yes.

☆Skull Rabbit☆
07-17-2005, 06:15 PM
I should work on my costumes after animethon, I'll have about 10 days to finish :D I hope I am not lazy. I could work on them now, but there is not much time until animethon, so I'm working on my costumes for that :D

ShiroInu
07-25-2005, 05:11 PM
This may sound like a little self-promotion, but if you guys have any more questions about the Burnaby/Vancouver area - ask away! I'm a local (as are a few of the otheres here, I think), and I'm sure we could help you with any questions about the location/climate/people etc.

I like being helpful!

Jakotsu_sama
07-25-2005, 06:43 PM
This may sound like a little self-promotion, but if you guys have any more questions about the Burnaby/Vancouver area - ask away! I'm a local (as are a few of the otheres here, I think), and I'm sure we could help you with any questions about the location/climate/people etc.

I like being helpful!

....Um.... being from a small hick town on VI, is there a faster way from the dorms to the con than walking along the same road that the bus route is? It's just that... it's a long way when you're wearing high-heels or hard, flat sandals. And even longer when you're dumb enough to take said footwear off. ;_; I've heard of some people cutting through the parking lot, and I tried that last year and got lost... *worst sense of direction known to man*

ShiroInu
07-25-2005, 09:19 PM
^_^; It totally wasn't expecting that! I don't really know about that, Jakotsu, since I don't know where the dorms are.

http://www.sfu.ca/about/maps.html <-- here's a simplified map of the campus

http://students.sfu.ca/tour/images/campusmapTOUR.jpg <-- a Slightly better map. The dorms are #1 (I think).

It looks like you could cut through the visitors parkade, or go around through Terry Fox Field . . . . Sorry for being of such little help. It might be a good idea (if you have time) to get there early and 'explore'. But I suppose if you're staying at the dorms, you're only staying for the weekend. ^_^;

Jakotsu_sama
07-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Thanks, Shiro. ^^

And sorry about that--I have a tendency to ask Unanswerable Questions.

Yeah, I feel like an idiot for not knowing yet. I tried exploring at the first AE, thinking I could be useful and find a short-cut... and I got lost for two hours. Then last year, I did the same thing, different route, 1 1/4 hours.

Yay me. -.-

.... ^^'

RottenOnion
07-28-2005, 11:34 PM
X..X
Al..most...there!! *squeals*
And I finally finished my freaking Trowa costume >.<'''

yeah..i'm off to go do a little frolock in "la la land"

Katasha
07-30-2005, 12:23 AM
SO like. YAY! I was asked too double up my panels so yay I now have no free time. OMG its gunna be fun. I only going too being 3 costumes though. My hinoto, a purple Sari EGL and my kikyo for the photoshoot. I cant wait, the 12 hour drive will be totally worth it!

ShiroInu
07-30-2005, 12:34 AM
12 hour drive? Poor out-of-province peoples . . . although if I ever wanted to go to a convention other than AE, I'd have to drive/fly too. That's gotta be tough.

RottenOnion
07-31-2005, 02:48 AM
SO like. YAY! I was asked too double up my panels so yay I now have no free time. OMG its gunna be fun. I only going too being 3 costumes though. My hinoto, a purple Sari EGL and my kikyo for the photoshoot. I cant wait, the 12 hour drive will be totally worth it!

I can't wait to see your costumes in person XD.
They're so grood!

PikminLink
07-31-2005, 05:40 AM
im leaving for canada on wednesday..its gonna take 2 days to drive up there lol..im heading to animethon first then anime evolution on the way back

costume update wise..nothing new hehe im taking my current stuff with me ^^.

I never been to vancover before...or maybe i have but i was really young then..
so what is the size like for this con? location wise?

ShiroInu
07-31-2005, 12:18 PM
Have fun driving!

As for the size, I don't really have anything to compare it to, since it's the only one I've been to. The SFU campus is rather remote though - you'd have to drive/take the bus in order to get anywhere. Driving, it's about an hour away from Vancouver, give or take, depending on traffic.

Jakotsu_sama
07-31-2005, 03:34 PM
The con itself seems fairly large. Inside, it's confined mostly to SFU's Academic Quadrangle, I believe... but use of the campus grounds makes it seem much, much larger. The dealers rooms are tough to navigate, just to let you guys know. If they keep the same plan as they did last year... i hope you all have large props to help give you a berth, otherwise you'll be swept away or trapped while trying to explore the DR.

RottenOnion
07-31-2005, 04:17 PM
wow...animethon and AE are like..two weeks apart...
I have no idea why i felt like i need to say that..O.o.
So far i'm doing...costume wise
friday- Zanarkan Abes "Babe" (i think....O.o.)
saturday- Trowa Barton Clown Lolita (continuation from Kei-kon)
saturday night-(for dance) Gackt-ness, Vanilla (PV) style.
sunday- Revenant, Living Dead Dolls (finished this for AE 04, but never wore it)

Huzzah >.<.

AE is a nice sized con. Not too large and not too small. And it's got outside and inside stuff. (outside being: staged area, waiting for Dealers room, That Asian festival thing. Inside: Big hallway thing, slightly around the corner and erm..yarr..>.>)

☆Skull Rabbit☆
08-01-2005, 03:00 AM
I.. realized I have to buy a bunch more fabric for my AE costumes, just when I thought I'd be able to save up the rest of my vancouver fund XD Fook~ :heart:

RottenOnion
08-01-2005, 05:18 PM
;-;
your not the only one >.>
I'll have..$10 left for anime stuff...unless I don't plan to eat anything other than homemade granola and milk tea..O.O

K U R I
08-02-2005, 12:03 AM
;-;
your not the only one >.>
I'll have..$10 left for anime stuff...unless I don't plan to eat anything other than homemade granola and milk tea..O.O

XD hey RO.

Yeah, Im in saving and diet mode T__T'' .. le evil.
Muah, I plan on buying a cloak and sneaking young'lings into the yoai pannel XD

RottenOnion
08-02-2005, 09:51 PM
XD hey RO.

Yeah, Im in saving and diet mode T__T'' .. le evil.
Muah, I plan on buying a cloak and sneaking young'lings into the yoai pannel XD

KUUURRRIIIIIII!
*glomps* XD
I don't think my stomache will like me after AE (it didn't after kei-kon O.O)

yeash...sneaking into yaoi panel= gooood

K U R I
08-10-2005, 01:24 AM
KUUURRRIIIIIII!
*glomps* XD
I don't think my stomache will like me after AE (it didn't after kei-kon O.O)

yeash...sneaking into yaoi panel= gooood

XD why is that?

omg, 10 more days. :love:

☆Skull Rabbit☆
08-10-2005, 04:27 AM
6 days until I leave... hmm.. someone kick my ass into finishing my Tayuya. I've decided not to finish Kin for AE, instead I will wear MINI MONI. :)

Smile.
08-10-2005, 05:23 AM
Ahhh, I already posted this in the AE forums, but...

I'm unable to cosplay Zaku and Kazekage Gaara as I wanted. (They'd be my last Naruto costumes too, I think.) I was supposed to use someone else's sewing machine and such, and they ignored me for the longest time. Probably because they were too busy moving, and today, they moved. FOOK.
I'll probably not have any costumes for a long time... How disappointing. I'll just cut my hair cool and go.

Kaijugal
08-10-2005, 09:08 AM
Hey Gang !

I hope you all are planning on posting con reports or links to con reports so those of us in Ontario and the other provinces across Canada can enjoy AE vicariously thru you. :thumbsup:

Cheers!

RottenOnion
08-10-2005, 01:59 PM
XD why is that?

omg, 10 more days. :love:

Lack of proper food = Ro's tummy hurtage. >.<

*squeals* ....9 more days! *falls over*...O.O. It's gonna rock!You have a Table in the Artist Alley right?
Ish will vist thou!

I will atttmpt to write a con report..somewhere..O.o. If i can remember. heheh...

ShiroInu
08-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Definately, Kaijugal. I'll be writing a con report of my own, probably to be posted in my Blog, or anywhere else I can find to put it.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Kioko
08-12-2005, 02:31 AM
AE is coming up so fast and I still have not finished all my costumes and the ones I am doing for my friends... XD

*Is lazy* But it will get done.

My list for the con is as follows:

Nemu- Bleach
Sakura- Naruto
Naruto- Naruto (duh)
Lolita

I am sure that I will add + make another one from now till the con to wear so if anyone sees me don't be afraid to say hi.^^

ShiroInu
08-12-2005, 04:36 AM
wow. So many costumes. Almost makes me feel bad about only having one - almost. I could whip together a ghetto Winry if I wanted to, but maybe not.

Hope you can get all your costumes done. And hey, if any of you spot me at the con, don't be afraid to say hi (or even glomp me!). It would be nice to actually meet the people that post here.

Lucrezea
08-14-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm really looking forward to Anime Evolution this year. I didn't go last year, but I went the first year and it was so much fun. It will be my 3rd convention thus far. I'm quite thrilled that I live not far off the route of the SFU night bus so getting home will be no problem at 2 in the morning. :D

On that note, I think we may have some floor space at our apartment, since only one of my friends is coming over from Victoria (last time it was about 6). If you need some crash room, message me and I will double check with my partner. We live int he West End in Vancouver... about 10 blocks off of the night bus route.

LadyPhoenix
08-15-2005, 09:48 PM
4 more days to go!
...and I still have all 3 costumes to complete... -_-"
However, it's amazing the stuff you can come up with when you're pressed for time, my Vincent's claw arm is made up of stuff I fished out of the recycling bin, masking tape and paint. And it looks pretty dang awesome. Not sure it'll hold up if manhandled, though. Stiff paper only gets you so far.

Lucrezea
08-15-2005, 10:39 PM
I'm quite thrilled to hear about a Vincent. :D :D :D I would lurve to take mass Final Fantasy group photo at the con, since there will be at least 50+ of us all.

PikminLink
08-16-2005, 05:16 PM
we are not going, the registration department became very rude with us and we will not spend our time or money to visit the con. Instead we are driving back to CA tomorrow.

Lucrezea
08-16-2005, 11:10 PM
Thats no good. Sorry to hear that. :(

Kaze no Yume
08-17-2005, 01:52 AM
Which day of the convention would be the best to wear a costume? I only made one, the very first one, so I thought it may be too repetitive if I wear it all three days.

Any suggestions?

ShiroInu
08-17-2005, 01:58 AM
I think Saturday would be the best. I've only made one costume, and I'm wearing it all three days (look for me! I'll be the InuYasha without a big Tessaiga ^_-), but I'm bringing an extra change of clothes for when I get tired of wearing it. I'm sure there are a lot of people who only have one costme and want to wear it all three days.

It's your choice though - that was just my 2 cents. What's your costume?

Kioko
08-17-2005, 03:44 AM
we are not going, the registration department became very rude with us and we will not spend our time or money to visit the con. Instead we are driving back to CA tomorrow.

Aww... thats sad to hear that you will not be attending.;_; I was hoping to try and snag some pictures with you guys!

*Le sighs*

Kinda disapointed tho to hear that the registration department was rude with you. Tho I don't know your exact situation with them I hope it will not stop you from ever thinking about stopping by the con in other years to come. Canadian cons and the cosplayers that attend them don't get alot of attention as I think we should in the North American cosplay world. There are many great costumers up here but not alot of websites willing to shoot us.^^;; Oh well such is life I guess.

Have a safe ride home. I will have to catch you guys at another con.^^

Kaze no Yume
08-17-2005, 03:57 AM
I guess I'll wear mine for most of the time then. But it's a good idea to bring a change of clothes. Thanks for the suggestion. However, is there a secure place to put your bags? I wouldn't want to be in my costume while carrying a backpack.

I'm cosplaying Mai Shiranui. Just thought I'd try something easy to begin this whole cosplay thing. Plus, the required materials are quite cheap since there aren't a lot. ^.^y Saves me some money for university.

Kioko
08-17-2005, 03:58 AM
I guess I'll wear mine for most of the time then. But it's a good idea to bring a change of clothes. Thanks for the suggestion. However, is there a secure place to put your bags? I wouldn't want to be in my costume while carrying a backpack.

AE is offering a baggage check this year from what I have read.

Kanina
08-18-2005, 03:36 AM
I leave today for anime evolution. I'll be the summoner yuna with a double-bladed axe :3 I'll see you all there!

PikminLink
08-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Aww... thats sad to hear that you will not be attending.;_; I was hoping to try and snag some pictures with you guys!

*Le sighs*

Kinda disapointed tho to hear that the registration department was rude with you. Tho I don't know your exact situation with them I hope it will not stop you from ever thinking about stopping by the con in other years to come. Canadian cons and the cosplayers that attend them don't get alot of attention as I think we should in the North American cosplay world. There are many great costumers up here but not alot of websites willing to shoot us.^^;; Oh well such is life I guess.

Have a safe ride home. I will have to catch you guys at another con.^^

I will be going back next year to Animethon in Edmonton, and Ill also be at sakura con in washington and anime oasis in idaho..maybe we can meet at one of those cons. I would have liked to go to, but i really lost my interest for how they were treating us.

Kaze no Yume
08-19-2005, 01:35 AM
Oh yeah! I got my pass today. Luckily, the line up isn't too long.

Soo happy ^.^ y

I'll see you guys there!!!

Kioko
08-19-2005, 03:13 AM
I will be going back next year to Animethon in Edmonton, and Ill also be at sakura con in washington and anime oasis in idaho..maybe we can meet at one of those cons. I would have liked to go to, but i really lost my interest for how they were treating us.

I will look for you guys at Sakura con then.^^ I still feel kinda embarrassed that our con here was so rude to you as I have some close ties with staff. Not very Canadian staff! Tisk tisk...^^; We seem to have a bit of a problem with attitudes. (But that is mostly to do with stress... but that is no excuse to treat someone badly still.)

Still sad you and Consplayers will not be here but I cant dewl on it. Another time another con.^^

Well to all who still remain! I will see you all tomorrow! I will be in my Sakura costume with my brother as Jiraiya in tow and my bf as Kakashi.^^

Lucrezea
08-19-2005, 05:59 AM
Watch for a troupe of moogles. We will be there Saturday and Sunday... unfortunately I have no extra employees to work for me on friday, so I have to work, as does my partner, as ALSO does my friend from Victoria who is coming over for the convention. Ultimately, I don't think I'm supposed to be there on Friday. Or, today rather. :)

If you see us, come up and say hi! I know I'm relatively new, but it doesn't hurt to say hey.