PDA

View Full Version : Victorian Hellsing

tsumikuroi
04-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Well, it turns out I'm going to AX this year. One of my costumes is a Victorian style Integra (possibly cosplaying as Mina, probably Lucy though), inspired by a VERY beautiful Hellsing fanart on Elfwood. And if my ne'er-do-well significant other is roused, I will be accompanied by a very handsome Count Alucard.

I've got the top down (blazer with a white dress shirt, ascot/scarf with a big brooch) but my problem is the skirt. Anyone can help me in making the Victorian style skirt that flares out from the hips? I also need to attach a bow to it...

Tess
04-13-2005, 09:24 PM
I believe I know which piece of fanart you're talking about, actually. ^_^ Check out Butterick's "Making History" series. They have a lot of very customizable Victorian-era blouse, jacket, and skirt patterns.

I'm also working on an Integral cosplay, but I'm doing the more-canon Knight outfit. Good luck on your own Integral! ^_^

@-->--- Tess

Mystic Blossom
04-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Just a note of caution: if it's fanart, make sure you have the artist's permission, since it's their original design. Makes everyone happier ^_^

tsumikuroi
04-13-2005, 10:59 PM
^^ I'll have to see that. Thank you.

tsumikuroi
04-13-2005, 10:59 PM
Well, it's BASED on a fanart but I'll go ask her anyways... Thanks for the tip.

Rip Van Winkle
04-14-2005, 01:59 AM
Count Alucard (http://www.bloodknight.net/Manga/Pictures/Cover60.jpg) eh? That should be interesting...unless you mean Gary Oldman's version of 'Alucard' during that era *laughs*

tsumikuroi
04-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Not Warlord. Count. Victorian attire in form of a crisp black suit with white shirt and a blood red ascot and a single white rose in his lapel. ^^

Rip Van Winkle
04-14-2005, 09:47 PM
So more like Gary Oldman's Prince Vlad, than Alucard, eh? Interesting ^_^

tsumikuroi
04-15-2005, 07:14 PM
I suppose. Though he won't be in a powder blue suit (hopefully).