PDA

View Full Version : The Katsucon Countdown!

Sami
01-10-2003, 01:25 PM
Well guys, according to my Pizza Hut calendar (yes, i do have one, they sent it in the mail ^_^) as of today we have exactly FIVE WEEKS until Katsucon! When did time get so SHORT?! >_<

Five weeks to plan get togethers, to raise spending money (ack!), to find directions, to finish costumes (double ack!), and more importantly.. to stress out. ^_^ (and get excited too!)

So how's everyone doing on getting prepared? Hopefully we can keep each others morale up and stop from going nutty.. ^___^;

I actually got a good deal of sewing done on one of my costumes last night (McDohl) so I'm motivated to do a lot more this week. That and I mailed the Katsu security people, and they're allowing me to bring my staff-prop! ^____^ Which I have yet to make.. but that's beside the point.

I'm also very much looking forward to staying in the con hotel - yay convenience!! ^_^

psythe
01-10-2003, 01:30 PM
5 WEEKS!!!>?!?!?!?>

*runs around in a frenzy*

heh, actually I'm fairly well set for Katsu, got my room all set and everything. Driving up from orlando! Let's hear it for roadtrippin!! Making a stop in Atlanta for a couple days to see some friends then off to Arlington. Fully expecting to freeze my ass off. Just gotta finsih up getting everything for Reno and I'm good to go ^^v

Sami you are staying at the Hyatt?

Sami
01-10-2003, 01:33 PM
> Sami you are staying at the Hyatt?

Yessir! I'm staying with Kellie (cherii chan), who I am VERY grateful to for being able to get us a room there back in November.. we were worried it would be filled up. ^_^v

psythe
01-10-2003, 01:42 PM
*nods*

Thats around when I got my room, I'm staying there too. :D

In a way I want the 5 weeks to blow by and in another way I want more time O_O;;

Gingerbread Man
01-10-2003, 02:02 PM
hehehe, five weeks eh? I guess I should start my costume..:D

twentystitches
01-10-2003, 03:07 PM
X.x;; So much to doooooooo~! *runs around trying to get everything done* It seems like Katsucon is very close and still very far away and it confuses me. ^^;; I don't know when to panic!

XD But I can't wait! It's going to be so much fun.

kitty_neko
01-10-2003, 04:08 PM
omg i cant wait!! >.<
but at the same time i can, because i only have half my costume done X.x;
weeeeeeee, im gonna have the best time either way! ^__^

Sami
01-10-2003, 04:11 PM
LOL I am the same way..

I can't WAIT because I'm going to get to meet so many cool people and prance around in costume..

But I want to wait because non of my prance-able costumes are finished yet. ._.;;;

kitty_neko
01-10-2003, 04:21 PM
hehe...

i can just imagine someone wearing a half-finished costume and then they'd poke people with pins when they glomped them! =3

i dont kno why i thought of that...but i did XD

Ayaka
01-10-2003, 04:43 PM
5 weeks? *pretends not to panic* Luckily, three of those, I will be on break. So we're talking full-time sewing, baby! :D

Well, costuming worries aside (and I never panic really about that, I just do it), I'm *really* looking forward to this con and meeting bunches of people from the board. I have a post-it on my comp that says "Katsu". Before it was to remind me that it was coming and it would be good, and now it's also to remind me to go sew when I'm on the computer lol.

lol @ kitty neko ^.^

Recca-kun
01-10-2003, 05:04 PM
5 weeks is too soon for me... I have a whole costume to do and am only on break for two of those weeks. ;_;

Rinkun
01-10-2003, 05:41 PM
=/ dang, 5 weeks? better get my costume sewing, but it should be easy...it's a robe and white dress XD

only thing i need to do is steal a ride with someone...i have 2 people in mind >=D

kelldar
01-10-2003, 07:20 PM
Argh I've got less than that, I have to have all my stuff done at least a week before ><;
I just got my plane tickets the other day... I should be getting there around 1 friday afternoon.
whee so excited!! *jumps around in circles*

ZiggyB
01-10-2003, 07:25 PM
Is it that close already... ugh, and why did I decide to start a new costume from stratch yesterday?

Weee... I guess I know what I'm spending my weekends doing. :)

Hmm, we hear from any of the Ohyaho con goers yet? Or has the chaos just started?

Aya Mikage
01-10-2003, 07:42 PM
OMG!!*o* :::runs to sewing machine::::: so many things to do!!so little time!!!!!

MargauxZ
01-10-2003, 07:51 PM
I'm done with one of three. All three from scratch. #2 is about 40% done, and #3 was planned three days ago. I'm on break though, and maybe for the first time ever, progressing on schedule.

Mako-san
01-10-2003, 08:18 PM
OMG, that too soon, I have yet to begin on my costumes! I better get started, but I work every other weekend and I work two jobs, so i'm gonna have to find some time somewhere.

lol Kitty Neko!! I think that has actually happened to me, it was not a pleasant memory -_-

Tenshi
01-10-2003, 10:46 PM
LOL, this is funny. On my calendar at work I wrote countdown numbers on every day from here to February 13 (when I leave). I think it was 33 days XD.

Well, out of my four costumes. . .one is done, one is 80% done, one is 50% done, and the IMPORTANT one is about. . .2% done. ^^;;. I guess I'm going bargain fabric shopping on Sunday for that costume (since I can't miss the Eagles winning tomorrow, o ho ho).

Sciguy
01-11-2003, 12:01 AM
This is going to be awesome! I have a running countdown in my school planner and on the noteboard on our fridge. The countdown continues... MUA HA HA HA HA!

HEHE! You're all worried about your costumes! I haven't started mine and I'm not worried. "Why?" you may ask. Well, my mom is making my costume and she's a professional seamstress! Well, was, but she's still great! She should be able to complete my costume in under a week, no problem. (sorry, I have a thing with arrogance that tends to act up *sweatdrop*)

Heather
01-11-2003, 02:38 AM
GAH!!!!! I need to get working on my costumes! >_< *kicks school*

Oshidori
01-11-2003, 12:09 PM
well, since i'm on break too, i've been working steadily since Monday, from the time i get up (11:30 am) till the time i pass out (12 or 1 am). If i keep up that pace, i'm *praying* it'll be enough time to get my costume done. Wait, positive reinforcement: it WILL be enough time ;) I better get to it!

Sami
01-11-2003, 12:32 PM
One of my costumes is almost done!! WOOHOO!! ^_____^ I made a WalMart run last night at 1 am (we have a 24 hour one) to get some more bias tape.. I'm hoping to have one done by today and start on another this evening!

I'm strangely motivated lately for some reason.. o_O

Ayaka
01-11-2003, 04:36 PM
Sciguy . . . can I borrow your mom? :D

Sciguy
01-12-2003, 10:16 PM
you'd need to take that up with her. Although, she's a bit busy. Sorry! :p

ThatYaoiBoy
01-13-2003, 01:29 PM
O_O FIVE WEEKS!? Probably less now that I'm replying x___x; I have THREE costumes to finish and exams all one week! Ack.. Good thing for Yuki I just have to make the shirt, Locke I need to buy fabric to wrap around my head and waist, and Forcekill I just need to make the shirt/hoodie ^o^ I can't wait.

Rosiel
01-13-2003, 01:34 PM
Katsucon is too close... I just finished a sewing panic for Ohayocon (you know you're in trouble when you're in your room 2 hours before the cosplay run through starts and you're still sewing!)... and now Katsucon?

I don't know if I will make it, since I need to do both Zechs and Noin in about 4 weeks. I might end up bringing Yuber again because I'm too burnt out to sew like a madwoman. Or if I find a way to better harness my Laures wings, I might drag him... although the thought of lugging around a huge box yet again does not inspire me. X__X

Sciguy
01-13-2003, 03:37 PM
That reminds me, I have midterms this week. But with 32 days left to go, I don't have the time to think about Midterms! Not that I'd study for them anyway, lol.

psythe
01-13-2003, 03:49 PM
4 weeks until Im off and on my way up I-95!! :D

First stop: Atlanta, Second stop: Katsucon!

Sami
01-13-2003, 05:38 PM
> 4 weeks until Im off and on my way up I-95!!

How long does it usually take you to travel up here in one straight shot? ^__^

Off topic, when is everyone arriving in Crystal City? I'm hoping to get there sometime Friday morning.. -hoping- being the key word, I've never driven down there and I'm a little directionally challenged.. ^^;;;

kitty_neko
01-13-2003, 05:55 PM
im going thursday evening...after school...
hmm....
i never thought about it, but i just realized that i might be arriving near midnight or some time around there.... @_@;

gah! midterms are eeviilll!!! mine are on wed. and fri.... i wish i had more time x.X

psythe
01-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Sami
> 4 weeks until Im off and on my way up I-95!!

How long does it usually take you to travel up here in one straight shot? ^__^

Off topic, when is everyone arriving in Crystal City? I'm hoping to get there sometime Friday morning.. -hoping- being the key word, I've never driven down there and I'm a little directionally challenged.. ^^;;;

Well one night I left at 5PM and went straight to Richmond, VA. Got there at around 3AM so 10 hours straight. Gonna be visiting a friend in Atlanta, which is out of the way, so it will split into 2 6-8 hr stretches Im gathering.

I will be getting there thursday afternoon, staying at the crystal city hyatt.

Sciguy
01-13-2003, 08:19 PM
I should be there before 1400 that Friday. With any luck, I'll convince my mom to take me up there earlier and get there sometime before 1200. I'll just gently apply pressure to her and I'll succeed. To quote the great D'ni: "With pressure and time, even the greatest rocks will move."

Tenshi
01-13-2003, 11:39 PM
I'll be there Thursday around 8 or so. I've never been from home farther than New Mexico, so I'm excited *_*.

kelldar
01-14-2003, 08:42 AM
Two costumes down... three to go... *_* Though two of them shouldn't take too long!
You lucky people who live within driving distance. I have a long plane flight ahead of me >< I'll have to remember to bring my DVD player and FOTR to watch on the plane... at least I have no connections!!

You know what the worst part of flying to a con is? Waiting on your luggage. Besides the fear that something might have happened to it, just standing there... waiting on it... when you have a convention to go to... gosh it's torture!!

ThatYaoiBoy
01-14-2003, 09:30 AM
Well ^__^; I live near Arlington which is right near DC which is right next to where I live lol so it's probably less than an hour drive for me :3 I'll be getting there on Friday (Skipping school for a convention lol typical me) I guess. I need to hitch a ride with a friend of mine or something. Wooo I wonder what our hotel number is x.x; I must ask roomies!

Lady Ava
01-14-2003, 03:50 PM
One Month to GO!!!

Sami
01-14-2003, 03:52 PM
I wish I could get there Thursday night.. >_____< Nowhere to sleep but my car though, muaha! XDDD

> You know what the worst part of flying to a con is? Waiting on your luggage. Besides the fear that something might have happened to it, just standing there... waiting on it... when you have a convention to go to... gosh it's torture!!

LOL, I hate waiting for my luggage too! I've never flown to a con before, but I always get a little twitchy watching the bags come out... slowly.. on that round conveyor thing and hoping some jerk didn't pick mine up by mistake.. >____<

psythe
01-14-2003, 04:02 PM
I wish I could get there Thursday night.. >_____< Nowhere to sleep but my car though, muaha! XDDD

What time would you be getting in town on thursday?

Sami
01-14-2003, 04:06 PM
> What time would you be getting in town on thursday?

I honestly don't know, it all depends if I'm working then.. hopefully I should know by next week how long my assignment will be. @__@

( Either way, I'm taking Friday and if they don't like it, they can screw off! ^____^;;; )

Rosiel
01-14-2003, 04:06 PM
> You know what the worst part of flying to a con is?

Yes. Having your masquerade costume fill your WHOLE suitcase and being forced to commute to the con wearing your hall costume. add to that people staring in the airport... and, well, it makes for quite an interesting experience.

Luckily Yuber wasn't /too/ over-the-top... I think the hat got the most stares, actually.

psythe
01-14-2003, 04:13 PM
> What time would you be getting in town on thursday?

I honestly don't know, it all depends if I'm working then.. hopefully I should know by next week how long my assignment will be. @__@

( Either way, I'm taking Friday and if they don't like it, they can screw off! ^____^;;; )

Cool, if push comes to shove and you need a place to crash for thursday night, you can crash at my room. But I won't be there until later thursday.

psythe
01-14-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
> You know what the worst part of flying to a con is?

Yes. Having your masquerade costume fill your WHOLE suitcase and being forced to commute to the con wearing your hall costume. add to that people staring in the airport... and, well, it makes for quite an interesting experience.

Luckily Yuber wasn't /too/ over-the-top... I think the hat got the most stares, actually.

lol, I wonder how security would handle someone in full costume these days.

Sami
01-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by psyth3
Cool, if push comes to shove and you need a place to crash for thursday night, you can crash at my room. But I won't be there until later thursday.

WEE! :D If I do leave on Thursday, it won't be until later either.. either that or early Friday morning, it all depends on how early I feel like getting up and battling traffic..

.. Unless.. anyone know if there's a Metro stop near the hotel? ^____^;;; *plotting*

psythe
01-14-2003, 04:26 PM
I have no idea about the area at all O_O;;

*drives around aimlessly narrowly missing the potomac river*

Rosiel
01-14-2003, 04:33 PM
> Unless.. anyone know if there's a Metro stop near the hotel?

The closest rail station is Crystal City (Yellow/Blue line), but it's a far walk south from 18th street and Clark. The hotel runs a shuttle service to Crystal City Metro center; please call the hotel for more information. Also there is yellow cab service at 703-534-1111.

This is my plan. If you don't want to go alone on Friday morning, Katan and I can meet up with you on the way.

Lilli
01-14-2003, 05:08 PM
._.;; Once I unpack my boxes, I can get back to work on those costumes... yeah... *dies*

Sami
01-14-2003, 05:35 PM
> This is my plan. If you don't want to go alone on Friday morning, Katan and I can meet up with you on the way.

Ooo, that would be cool! Although I'm not sure how much crap I'm going to have to lug with me.. *needs one of those suitcases on wheels like the little old ladies have, LOL* I'll keep you posted as time passes and I get to know my schedule a bit better. ^^

HikaruShindo
01-16-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by ThatYaoiBoy
O_O FIVE WEEKS!? Probably less now that I'm replying x___x; I have THREE costumes to finish and exams all one week! Ack.. Good thing for Yuki I just have to make the shirt, Locke I need to buy fabric to wrap around my head and waist, and Forcekill I just need to make the shirt/hoodie ^o^ I can't wait.

ff...fforrce...kill!!!!!!!! from the web comic!!! @_@!!!!! From Morbid Trance!!!! O_O!!! Omg you rock!!

Oshi
01-16-2003, 11:41 AM
Hmm... shit. A month to go, huh...
In this time, I gotta...
1) Make my Tidus costume
2) Make my Tidus sword
3) Finish my Rufus costume
4) Work and get $200
5) Get a new car...
6) Get a new cellphone & more minutes
7) Re-do SeeD uniform (optional)
...I think I can do it. I may drop #2 (because of the weapons policy)
Then when the con rolls around... I'm leaving at 5AM to pick up Lady Ava and krystal1314 around 7AM, then heading south... I guess we should get there around 11:30?

Ranma Saotome
01-16-2003, 11:46 AM
*is uber excited!!!*

Sami
01-16-2003, 12:40 PM
Oshi: If you really want, you can email their security.. I actually emailed them because I figured my prop wouldn't be let in, but it will! ^____^ And I am happyyyyy now. However, methinks swords are a different ballgame.. ;-; (mine was just a staff)

I think I'm going to start on Nanami's bootcovers tomorrow. >_< That girl has some weird shoes..

psythe
01-16-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Oshi
Hmm... shit. A month to go, huh...
In this time, I gotta...
1) Make my Tidus costume
2) Make my Tidus sword
3) Finish my Rufus costume
4) Work and get $200
5) Get a new car...
6) Get a new cellphone & more minutes
7) Re-do SeeD uniform (optional)
...I think I can do it. I may drop #2 (because of the weapons policy)
Then when the con rolls around... I'm leaving at 5AM to pick up Lady Ava and krystal1314 around 7AM, then heading south... I guess we should get there around 11:30?

So this means all is good and you and Ava are going to be able to make it to Katsucon?

Oshi
01-16-2003, 01:48 PM
Yes, Psythe... The chances are very good ^^

psythe
01-16-2003, 01:53 PM
*waves flag*

Right on, Boss :D

Sami
01-17-2003, 12:35 PM
*pops in*

4 weeks! :D :D

*secretly freaking out because she is so behind*

psythe
01-17-2003, 01:46 PM
XD!!!

4 weekssssss, must maintain.......controll......

*bounces off walls*

Eurobeat King
01-17-2003, 06:01 PM
Less than a month to go, but I'm already busy planning for Katsu, in terms of costumes, shtuff to do at the con, and photo printing.. :thumbsup:

I decided to postpone my Trowa Heavy Arms' missile-packs until Fanime (June!!) due to fear of damaging the 8 boxes while transporting them to the con.. :( So I will wait until the first con that I DRIVE to, hence Fanime, but until then I'll have my new Endless Waltz Trowa that Erika made for me :) I might also have Ralf from KOF, else I'll wear Ohgami again to pose with some friends who are doing Sakura Taisen. We'll see.. ;)

Can't wait, and the countdown continues...

Oshidori
01-17-2003, 06:43 PM
ack! I'm so nervous now! If only my trim store didn't run out of those paillettes that i so desperately need!! :waaaah:

Sciguy
01-17-2003, 09:02 PM
I have everything I need except for the long dowel itself for the staff! I already have the rings and whatnot, now all I need is that rod and a couple cans of spray paint!

HikaruShindo
01-17-2003, 09:15 PM
I just need to go out and buy some blonde hair dye for my bangs, a pair of either camo shorts or a pair of long jeans that i have to fold the bottoms up over my shoes, and a Go stone (preferably black or something that looks like one XD)

Wish i knew someone who was going as Sai.. I wanna walk around with an ultra genki ghost! Ohhh Ive been talking to my good friend Sharon (aka Radical Ed) Plushie Con person.. and was wondering if anyone was gonna go to it. XD Im gonna go hang out with her and bring my hikaru plushie

Sami
01-17-2003, 09:23 PM
> I have everything I need except for the long dowel itself for the staff!

I need one of those too! >_< Everywhere I've been has had SHORT dowels and I need a long one.. grr.. time to hit the hardware stores. @_@

Oshi
01-18-2003, 03:00 AM
I STILL HAVN'T STARTED ANYTHING >.<

psythe
01-18-2003, 11:26 AM
oro....Oshi O_o;;

living on the edge, neh? under 4 weeks to go XD!!

Mako-san
01-18-2003, 09:37 PM
I'm with you Oshi, I just started today my two planned costumes for Katsu.. I'm such a procrastinator....

Missy
01-18-2003, 11:09 PM
I still don't know what I'm doing yet. I'll probably deside a few nights before the con. [ I hope not though] >_< No sleep EVERRR.

HikaruShindo
01-19-2003, 12:53 AM
O_O i havent started either lmao XDD but mines pretty easy i guess

psythe
01-22-2003, 08:35 AM
3 weeks left!! XD!!

Ganbatte!!!

Sami
01-22-2003, 10:06 AM
Uwaaaa! >_< I have two costumes, so that's 1.5 weeks per costume.. plus I'm working now so I don't have my days to work on them.. ARRRGGGG!!!

*slams head against desk* X_x

Rosiel
01-22-2003, 10:21 AM
I spontaneously started to ghetto a new costume for Katsu... and it's all Diechan's fault for inspiring me! >__>

But since I am not being too careful and avoiding hand-sewing the whole thing, I estimate only a few hours to go before I am done.

The down side is... I'll need to shoulder my wings again. But it'll all be worth it once I track down Diechan and her Adam Kadamon costume! I just hope people won't step on my costume too much... X_X

Aya Mikage
01-22-2003, 10:37 AM
*o* 3 weeks^o^ ahhhhhhh!!! *.* ill have my costumes done by then^^hehe^^

Aya Mikage
01-22-2003, 10:38 AM
! I just hope people won't step on my costume too much... X_X

-.- ::been there::: just be very careful and have a friend walking behind ya making sure no one steps on it^^ :skidude2:

Rosiel
01-22-2003, 10:43 AM
> just be very careful and have a friend walking behind ya making sure no one steps on it^^

Generally my problems came more from people in my group than strangers though... Lucifer and I kept on walking on each other's costumes last Katsu. It was quite annoying. *laughs*

But since this time it'll be even longer, I might have to do it your way and ask Katan to grab the end of it or something. ^__^

Aya Mikage
01-22-2003, 11:10 AM

But since this time it'll be even longer, I might have to do it your way and ask Katan to grab the end of it or something. ^__^

lol ^^ yea, katsu is going to be crowded this year^o^ ::dreads wearing neo queen serenity on sat ^^; :: *o*hopefull people will be respectful and walk AROUND your costume^^

Oshi
01-22-2003, 12:24 PM
OMFG I STILL HAVE NOT STARTED MY TIDUS COSTUME >.<
I'm so screwed...
Will, I might wanna borrow your Brotherhood for our skit, cuz I highly doubt I'll have the time to make my own o_o;;

Aya Mikage
01-22-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Oshi

Will, I might wanna borrow your Brotherhood for our skit, cuz I highly doubt I'll have the time to make my own o_o;;
???*.*??? huh?

kelldar
01-22-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Aya Mikage
lol ^^ yea, katsu is going to be crowded this year^o^ ::dreads wearing neo queen serenity on sat ^^; :: *o*hopefull people will be respectful and walk AROUND your costume^^

When I'm with you I'll keep them away :D
I was so worried about my Lina cape whenever I wore that costume that I told my dad to walk behind me and make sure no one stepped on it.... and guess what he did as soon as we left the room? Yep, ripped it right off.

arisuchan
01-22-2003, 09:40 PM
Last year at Katsucon it was a nightmare! People kept steping on LadySomairot's Lulu costume train and it wasn't even that long! Just a little circle in the back really. I had to hold it up for her. But then again at Otakon when the two of us both had massive trains for our Bloodlust characters people were really respectful about it and I only got stepped on once. You just have to be careful and make sure your costume doesn't get damaged!

Oshi
01-22-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Aya Mikage
???*.*??? huh? That was directed towards Kamui Motoaki that I may have to borrow his Tidus sword for the skit we're in o.o;;;

sailor-moon
01-22-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by kell
When I'm with you I'll keep them away :D

good^^ announcment to everyone!!! if you step on my NQS dress , jupiter will beat ya to a pulp!! XDnyahahahaa

psythe
01-23-2003, 07:28 AM
Moonie is back ^_^v

kelldar
01-23-2003, 08:26 AM
Yeah! *cracks knuckles*

sailor-moon
01-23-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by kell
Yeah! *cracks knuckles*

:thumbsup: lol^^ :p

heck yea im back:D its almost katsu!!! gotta get back into character :skidude2:

ChibiLikun
01-24-2003, 11:44 AM
Lori, YOU ARE ALWAYS IN CHARACTER!!! IT'S CUTE BUT REALLY....I'm just used to I guess....

-Yaten/Hellios/Tony/Li/Rain

krystal1314
01-24-2003, 01:15 PM
All right... it's officially 3 weeks till' Katsu... OMG! MUCHO STUFF TO DO!!!!!

sailor-moon
01-24-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by ChibiLikun
Lori, YOU ARE ALWAYS IN CHARACTER!!! IT'S CUTE BUT REALLY....I'm just used to I guess....

-Yaten/Hellios/Tony/Li/Rain

lol^^ :thumbsup: its Helios hon^^ not HeLLios^o^ hehe

Gingerbread Man
01-24-2003, 02:59 PM
:mad: I just got fired from my job, so I'm not going to have any money, I wish they had fired me last month that way I could have found a new job and gotten some money in the bank for Katsucon. oh well, at least I have the room handled. ;)

rpd_girl
02-01-2003, 07:36 PM
"twooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeeks." said a'la Total Recall... get it?? anyone? anyone? :p

Rosiel
02-01-2003, 11:11 PM
I have to note I finished a random costume with no planned con, started one with a deadline in July or so and did not even touch the one I needed to have done for Katsu.

Whoups. ^___^

dizzylizzy
02-02-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by rpd_girl
"twooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeeks." said a'la Total Recall... get it?? anyone? anyone? :p

::wink:: got it.... lol. i was going to say it earlier, but thought no one would understand. ::giggles::

i've finished chii! time to throw in my traditional last minute cosplay... what will it be this time? lmao

Oshi
02-02-2003, 04:02 AM
My Tidus jacket/shirt/thing is just about done, just gotta attach the hood tomorrow!
Then, gotta finish up the left arm thing (right now I just have the lattice done)
...and then I start working with the pleather x_x; Fun =D

Sciguy
02-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Ahem... ELEVEN MORE DAYS! MWa ha ha! It's almost time! Cosplay.com is going to take the Hyatt by storm!

And good job on Chii, Lizzy. I have a soft spot for Chii and Freya, so you'd better watch your back for my surprise glomp! Mua ha ha!

dizzylizzy
02-03-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Sciguy

And good job on Chii, Lizzy. I have a soft spot for Chii and Freya, so you'd better watch your back for my surprise glomp! Mua ha ha!

i felt that glomp all the way out in my living room! lol pics tonite. joy!!!!

Sami
02-03-2003, 06:43 PM
ELEVEN!!!! Soon we'll be down to single digits! ^_____^ *happy*

psythe
02-03-2003, 06:54 PM
Yaay!! And I am just about finished getting my costumes ready to go ^_^

krystal1314
02-03-2003, 11:26 PM
Huzzah! Done with my costumes! Whoo... for the first time I'm not waiting until last minute to finish up some things, lol ^_^

ZiggyB
02-03-2003, 11:29 PM
Woohoo. :) I saw your photos KH Yuffie right? It looks great. :D

I'll have my regular FF8 Squall at Katsu, hope to get a few pictures with ya. :)

krystal1314
02-03-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by ZiggyB
Woohoo. :) I saw your photos KH Yuffie right? It looks great. :D

I'll have my regular FF8 Squall at Katsu, hope to get a few pictures with ya. :)

Shhhh! KH Yuffie was supposed to be a secret costume! lol ^_^ I couldn't wait much longer so I just had to post some pics :D
Ah another Squall, awesome! I'll have both my regular Rinoa and ballroom with me, hehe ^_^

ZiggyB
02-03-2003, 11:52 PM
Haha, yah, great secret when you post photos in the members' gallery. ;-)

Yay! Shall we dance?

Don't worry, I can't dance, so it's an empty threat. ;-)

kelldar
02-04-2003, 12:11 AM
yay!!! *bounce* I finished belldandy!!!! well except for a few little details but... yay only a bit more left to do on chun-li and I'm ready for katsucon!! :D

belldandy ---->
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=21387&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500

Sami
02-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Kell, it looks GREAT!!! ^___^ I love the wig!!

psythe
02-04-2003, 09:27 PM
t-minus 10 days O_O;;

dizzylizzy
02-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by ZiggyB
Yay! Shall we dance?

Don't worry, I can't dance, so it's an empty threat. ;-)

i may not be rinoa for the con... but i'll take the offer... cuz squall is... well.... squall. ::wink::

ZiggyB
02-04-2003, 10:39 PM
Hehe, just make sure to wear heavy boots for when I step on your toes. X-| But I'll save a dance for ya. :)

Rosiel
02-04-2003, 10:53 PM
Having finished Diamond for no con in the foreseeable future I am now blissfully working on my Anime Expo costume... and I didn't even make the one for Katsucon.

Can someone please knock some sense into me? >_<

Ayaka
02-04-2003, 11:31 PM
I'll do it, Rosiel, as soon as I can tell my stupid brain not to try to make a simple costume because I dropped a more complex one. It keeps saying, "you have time! Just think of something!"

But, then I shall be happy to help.

Sciguy
02-05-2003, 06:45 PM
nine more days! I still have to make my staff! *begins to get slightly anxious*

sailor-moon
02-05-2003, 06:58 PM
*o* ::starts to touch up costumes and wigs:::

:D heheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ::dances::

psythe
02-06-2003, 07:51 AM
8 Days O_O;;;

Giant Alucard
02-06-2003, 10:10 AM
i am both happy and stressed about the con right now.
on one hand it's closer to the con, the fun, and the memories.
one the other hand i am the planner of the con trip for me and my friends ( which s equals a neverending supply of stress), i Have to finish both my hellsing and my love hina costume, I havent even started on the Seta Van, i havent gotten all the cash together for the room, people are dropping out of the trip for different reasons, and my costume parts i need haven;t come in the mail yet.

But all in all, i say this has been one of my beter con experiences. For once i get to plan somthing that helps others get to a con , I am doing somthing my friends said could not be done in such a short period of time (less that 2 months of planning), And my friends think i have planned this con out very professionally. I know that even if peop;e drop out i will still go to the con, even if a have to gopher the whole time it will be worth it.

Rosiel
02-06-2003, 10:29 AM
> 8 Days O_O;;;

Maybe I should try and get a bit of work done on my Katsucon costume? Naaaah... that's what Thursday night is for. ^__^

Somehow it still didn't hit me that Katsu is coming soon and probably only will once I get Katan at the airport... now if only I could finalize the list of costumes I am bringing. X__X

khamryn
02-06-2003, 11:06 AM
::Realizes I -still- have to sew my Aya shirt together.::

>.>

::Runs around o.o::

sailor-moon
02-06-2003, 11:08 AM
-.-. :thumbsup: so many wig s to finish styling!! so little time XD aaaaaaah , nah, im pretty much done with wigs^^ heee

HikaruShindo
02-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Omgosh!! I have to finish my costume!! @_@ only 8 days left. eep

I cant wait to see all of you guys there! *squeee*

Sami
02-06-2003, 06:59 PM
LOL this really sucks. I'm so behind. SO BEHIND. OH LORD THIS BLOWS. HGMSAMY^@##. x_X

die-sama
02-06-2003, 09:29 PM
.... X_X 8 days??? *freaksout*

Where is my big stick i need to paint the big stick and the stupid model.. GARRRRRRRR EVIL EVIL EVIL MATIERAL ALL OVER MY FLOORRR *Whineee*

i still have about 10% of my costume to do and i feel over exhausted and overhwlemed, looking at my stupid costumes make me feeeel LAAAZZZYYYYYYY

*tugs at ROsiel* Maybe you can help me sign for something again? :X *falls oveR*

die-sama
02-06-2003, 09:34 PM
oh yes and
DUEL JEWEEEELLL!!!!

*sits in line super duper early and puts on makeup *HISS* XD

Sciguy
02-06-2003, 11:51 PM
Seven days henceforth. Yes, one week from today! (well, in nine minutes, anyway)

I'm excited! Duel Jewel is going to be cool! If you see a plump dark-skinned girl with multicolored hair shoving people to get to the front of the concert, say hi to Laura and tell her that Rob says "hi!" lol

Sami
02-07-2003, 06:09 PM
I AM GOING TO FINISH MY SKIRT TONIGHT!! HA HA HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD XD XD XD XD

Yui
02-07-2003, 06:22 PM
I think....I'm going to be okay....I sorta seem to be done. With everything. This is weird. I guess I get to sleep a bit ahead of time now. Get that sort of nonsense out of the way.

Oh wait....except for the dang art show. Grr.

And packing. I don't know how anything will fit in a suitcase.

HikaruShindo
02-08-2003, 06:57 PM
my weekend is going to be tight!! @_@ Coming up with someone to cosplay with only 8 days to make the costume is INSANE.. but so far so good for me. (Im trying to cosplay as Tsukasa from .hack//sign) I think i might just keep my hair brown u.u;; *I WOULD dye it.. but i go to ecpi and they dont like multicolored unnatural hair colors.* XDD

But so far i have the staff pretty much done and painted *Crappy.. but it works lol*, and Ive got to sew sew and sew some more on the shirt! >.< pooo gas

Other than that.. just gotta find me a hat and Im set XD whee
*Im daaaaaaancin like a monkey*

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Ill be meeting my good online bud Sharon (Who's husband is responsible for plushiecon at some of the conventions) We'll be meeting Steve Bennet from IC Entertainment along with Big Danny T XDD on Saturday yayhuuu! (Sharon wrote a comic for me to draw and they want to look at it cuz it involves kitty girls XDD)

Rosiel
02-08-2003, 07:16 PM
I just went nuts and made a replica of the shirt Schu wears under his vest which means that if I get too hot I can take off the vest and still be accurate!

^___^ The anal-retentiveness strikes again!

And thank God for the model sheets in Assassin and a White Shaman!

psythe
02-08-2003, 07:48 PM
I JUST FINISHED MY TAZER PROP FOR RENO XD!!!!!111 That's it! Got all my supplies earlier today, I am reddah!!

6 days left! Start your engines!!!

Sami
02-08-2003, 08:11 PM
I'm so cheesed off - I won't be wearing Nanami because I totally don't know what I'm doing and just wasted a few yards of fabric... x_x And I haven't even BEGUN the shirt... *sigh*

So, it's back to the drawing board. I still have McDohl finished (thank goodness I got that done earlier), and Kidd is going to have to be a stand-in for some day.. probably Saturday.. I might try something quick (and EASY), I have a few thoughts in mind.

But I am sad.. ;______________________;

Sciguy
02-08-2003, 09:01 PM
this great! the weather will be clear, arrangements have been made for school, travel plans have been made, and funds amassed! Now all I need is for my mom to finish my Hakama and start/finish my Yukata! She's such a procrastinator!

psythe
02-08-2003, 09:24 PM
I'm so cheesed off - I won't be wearing Nanami because I totally don't know what I'm doing and just wasted a few yards of fabric... x_x And I haven't even BEGUN the shirt... *sigh*

So, it's back to the drawing board. I still have McDohl finished (thank goodness I got that done earlier), and Kidd is going to have to be a stand-in for some day.. probably Saturday.. I might try something quick (and EASY), I have a few thoughts in mind.

But I am sad.. ;______________________;

Sorry to hear it :( But Kidd rawks ^___^

Just bum around in street clothes on sunday like me :bigtu:

Sami
02-08-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by psythe

Just bum around in street clothes on sunday like me :bigtu:

Haha, that's probably what I'm going to do! ^____^ Unless I can shmuck something up realfast.. hrrrrmmm.... XD XD XD

ACK, that reminds me! Gotta finish McDohl's staff! X_X;;;;

neoangelwink
02-10-2003, 05:14 PM
i cant what just couple more days, it came so fast ^^

Sciguy
02-10-2003, 07:59 PM
yep, just four more days. In 3 days, 15 hours I should have my badge and be headed to the video suites!

kitty_neko
02-10-2003, 08:03 PM
gah! i cant believe its so close now!! im glad i finished my costume in time because it was really getting close there x.x;

be sure to look for me! on saturday i know im gonna wear my Chii costume, and i might be wearing my Faye costume some time, but i still havent quite decided... @.@

kelldar
02-10-2003, 08:25 PM
I am SO finished!!!! Bwahaha!! All 5 of my new costumes are ready, all of my old ones have been repaired, etc... just got to pack now!
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee no more late nights sewing!!!!

ZiggyB
02-10-2003, 08:46 PM
kell: I just saw your Chun Li in the images gallery, it looks fantastic! Now get some sleep so you won't keel over at the con. :)

kelldar
02-11-2003, 08:14 AM
thanks!! :D I am totally going to bed early and sleeping late for the rest of the week now!

psythe
02-11-2003, 09:43 AM
I'm hitting the road in about an hour so I'll see YOU all at Katsucon!

:bigtu:

Rosiel
02-11-2003, 10:05 AM
I completely procrastinated and am not even close to done!
(Well I am done with Prince Diamond but he's not for Katsucon...)

Which means, tonight's mission is to ghetto a Rosiel outfit for Saturday afternoon, then look at the wings, sigh at the repairs needed, and not do them. ^__^

I'm tempted to just run around in Schuldig all weekend.

ZiggyB
02-11-2003, 10:07 AM
Woohoo, I'm done with my Nanbara costume! First time I've ever sewed anything from scratch.

I appologize in advance about how crappy it looks, but if you see a guy in a purple suit, that'll be me...

Of course... now to figure out to get the wig to look right.... Ok maybe I'm not done. :/

arisuchan
02-11-2003, 11:49 AM
I really need to post so people remember i exsist and that I'm going to this con *^^*

I'm so close to done! I just have my and my boyfriend's Onegai Teacher costumes to finish, which I will force myself to do today and any touch ups tomorrow!

I'm so excitied! I just want to know how this con snuck up so fast on us O_O

Sciguy
02-11-2003, 10:42 PM
oh... who are you again?

lol, j/k Arisu, you know we love you! Yay, 60 hours, 26 minutes until I'm out and about at Katsu!

arisuchan
02-12-2003, 02:31 AM
I'm glad someone remembers me *^^*

And why do costumes have to be evil at the last moment??? I think i went insane today over costumes. bad thing to do last minute before a con O_o

Sciguy
02-12-2003, 09:36 PM
I'm glad that mine are going so smoothly. Hehe, I'm using plastic Mardi Gras beads for Miroku's prayer beads, lol.

HikaruShindo
02-13-2003, 12:22 AM
>.< Im also doing mine last minute (still working @_@) eep I still have to make Tsukasa's hat *runs around in circles*