PDA

View Full Version : PMX2005 Cosplay Gathering List

Squall
04-15-2005, 03:46 AM
OK the list is done. There aren't that many gatherings, so I've made some suggestions that I hope most people can agree with meeting up at. If not, then no worries. Hope to see everyone tomorrow and have a lot of fun!

Pacific Media Expo 2005 Cosplay Gathering List

Saturday, September 3rd

12:00pm Final Fantasy (Inbetween the Hyatt and Con. Center)
01:00pm Kingdom Hearts (Hyatt's Rainbow Lagoon)
01:00pm Full Metal Alchemist (Inbetween the Hyatt and Con. Center)
01:00pm Super Dollfies (Hyatt Regency B)
02:00pm Bleach (Inbetween the Hyatt and Con. Center)
02:00pm Takarazuka (Hyatt Regency B)

Sunday, September 4th

11:00am Naruto (In Front of the Con. Center)
12:00pm Random Cosplay (Inbetween the Hyatt and Con. Center)
01:00pm Full Metal Alchemist (Inbetween the Hyatt and Con. Center)
01:00pm Ragnarok Online (Inbetween the Hyatt and Con. Center)
01:00pm Jrock/Jpop (Hyatt Lobby)
03:00pm-06:00pm Cosfest (Long Beach Con. Center *LBCC 104AB*)

Monday, September 5th

N/A

Super No 1
04-15-2005, 10:22 AM
If you need photos of the area, I can do it since I live about ten minutes from the convention center. I can probably get it done by the end of the month. Right now, they're still cleaning up from the Grand Prix race and a lot of the area still looks like hell.

Just tell me what you need and I'll see what I can do.

Squall
04-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Sure thing Super! That'd be a big help. I may just have the gatherings posted here and then copied over to the PMX forum since not many people frequent the PMX forum, but I'll see what's most convenient or if Shogun has some idea's.

shogun
04-18-2005, 02:40 AM
BTW, it's not a central site, but would costumers like it if we set aside a special area like the Rainbow Lagoon for photos? Or does everyone prefer the area between LBCC and the Hyatt?

Mike

Squall
04-18-2005, 03:20 AM
I'm sure any area would be good. Its just that the area between the LBCC and the Hyatt is like the most common place everyone will be going back and forth from. So whatever works.

Super No 1
04-18-2005, 10:21 AM
I was hoping that the Rainbow Lagoon area would be used more because it really is a pretty area. There are a lot of possibilities for this area. The area between the LBCC and Hyatt was very useful when AX was there because of the stairways. They were good for very large gatherings. That area isn't as picturesque, but it's practical and convenient.

shogun
04-18-2005, 01:11 PM
Well, I think people will meet in that in between area no matter what. Just tell us what you think works best and we can try to schedule accordingly. (Unless a wedding pushes us out of the lagoon!)

Mike

Super No 1
04-30-2005, 10:51 PM
I haven't been able to take pictures of the convention site yet because my camera is out of commission at the moment. The parts needed for repair finally arrived this week so I hope to get it back sometime next week. I definitely want to get it done before Fanime.

Squall
05-04-2005, 04:48 PM
I haven't been able to take pictures of the convention site yet because my camera is out of commission at the moment. The parts needed for repair finally arrived this week so I hope to get it back sometime next week. I definitely want to get it done before Fanime.

Ah, no rush Super. Take yer time. When your ready, just lemme know and we'll get things done.

Kitty
05-05-2005, 10:43 PM
I was hoping that the Rainbow Lagoon area would be used more because it really is a pretty area. There are a lot of possibilities for this area. The area between the LBCC and Hyatt was very useful when AX was there because of the stairways. They were good for very large gatherings. That area isn't as picturesque, but it's practical and convenient.

I agree I wouldnt mind pics over there I am going to have a ton of costumes for this event so pics in both locations will be good .

-Myo ho !

Super No 1
05-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Okay. I got the photos done. I took a lot of photos of various locations, even if some things seemed out of the way. I wanted to use plenty of angles and show as much of the different areas as possible so that people can also get some ideas for individual photos as well. I also wanted it to help people who have never been to this location before to see the proximity of the locations to the various hotels so that they can get an idea about the walking distance. I can always go back and add some stuff later if necessary.

The photos are here (http://super-no1.com/longbeachcc/)

Ready! Set! Plan!

Yeah, I ran into a few weddings while I was there. Some of the folks thought that I was the wedding photographer. :eeek:

Squall
05-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Okay. I got the photos done. I took a lot of photos of various locations, even if some things seemed out of the way. I wanted to use plenty of angles and show as much of the different areas as possible so that people can also get some ideas for individual photos as well. I also wanted it to help people who have never been to this location before to see the proximity of the locations to the various hotels so that they can get an idea about the walking distance. I can always go back and add some stuff later if necessary.

The photos are here (http://super-no1.com/longbeachcc/)

Ready! Set! Plan!

Yeah, I ran into a few weddings while I was there. Some of the folks thought that I was the wedding photographer. :eeek:

OOOOOOOH!!!! *o* very nice Super! These'll help a lot for planning out gathering locations. Thanks for taking the pics!

shogun
05-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Wow, can we link to that from our website? The cosplayers will love it!

Mike

Super No 1
05-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Wow, can we link to that from our website? The cosplayers will love it!

That sounds like a good idea. I'm sure that a lot of people will find it to be useful.

shogun
05-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Plus, as you develop the locations for the gatherings, do you want us to point to someplace on your site? Or do you want us to try to keep things updated on ours? It seems that pointing outside the site would let you change things quickly.

Mike

Michi
05-17-2005, 01:39 PM
Awww. Those pics bring back memories of previous Anime Expos. I doubt I can afford PMX this year unless a big guest I like makes me go crazy and fly out to it. >_>

Super No 1
05-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Plus, as you develop the locations for the gatherings, do you want us to point to someplace on your site? Or do you want us to try to keep things updated on ours? It seems that pointing outside the site would let you change things quickly.

It depends on what people want once this gets more traffic. We can get a better feel for what people need once they start posting here. In the past, these type of systems have worked fairly well and it's enough information for people to make their decisions. As long as people know where to find the photos, they're pretty good at figuring out things on their own.

I wanted to do these pages to help all attendees of PMX. Right now, we just need input from them. I'm always open to suggestions.

Devi Dark Wolf
07-22-2005, 06:49 PM
So... ARE there any official times yet for gatherings?

Devi

Squall
07-22-2005, 07:25 PM
So... ARE there any official times yet for gatherings?

Devi

As soon as people start submitting gatherings, there will be =O

blueplum
07-27-2005, 10:49 PM
er... im gunna be going... ^^;;;

kabuki_KILLER
07-27-2005, 10:59 PM
There is going to be a Jrock/Jpop gahtering for all fans and cosplayers of Jrock/Jpop. We'll probably meet somewhere in the lobby of the Hyatt at around 1 pm on Sunday the 4th. We will be taking photos, posing, and possibly going over to the mall for food. We'll have a vote on that when the time comes.

It's hard to decide right now if you want to eat at 1 pm for a day over a month from now. XD

Squall
07-28-2005, 03:55 PM
There is going to be a Jrock/Jpop gahtering for all fans and cosplayers of Jrock/Jpop. We'll probably meet somewhere in the lobby of the Hyatt at around 1 pm on Sunday the 4th. We will be taking photos, posing, and possibly going over to the mall for food. We'll have a vote on that when the time comes.

It's hard to decide right now if you want to eat at 1 pm for a day over a month from now. XD

Its been added!

Shun
07-28-2005, 07:38 PM

This isn't really about the gathering...but I absolutely love your signature hehe

Ami Yuy
08-04-2005, 03:56 PM
The Naruto gathering is scheduled for 11 AM on Sunday. We haven't picked a place yet though.

Squall
08-04-2005, 07:21 PM
The Naruto gathering is scheduled for 11 AM on Sunday. We haven't picked a place yet though.

That's ok, just lemme know the location after its been decided on.

Cyan Bloodbane
08-06-2005, 06:02 AM
The Screen has been Pierced! I repeat, the $40,000 screen has been pierced!
http://super-no1.com/longbeachcc/theater/terrace28.JPG

:bigtu:

Ah, memories..... But anyhoo, Any word on who the musical guests will be this year?

Squall
08-06-2005, 12:32 PM
The Screen has been Pierced! I repeat, the $40,000 screen has been pierced!
http://super-no1.com/longbeachcc/theater/terrace28.JPG

:bigtu:

Ah, memories..... But anyhoo, Any word on who the musical guests will be this year?

Please post anything outside of cosplay gatherings in another thread. This thread is for cosplay gathering questions and submissions. Thanks!

shogun
08-06-2005, 04:01 PM
BTW, when you guys agree, please send us a listing so we can add it to the website or link to somewhere with the info.

Thanks,

Mike

Squall
08-07-2005, 05:40 AM
BTW, when you guys agree, please send us a listing so we can add it to the website or link to somewhere with the info.

Thanks,

Mike

Sure thing Mike! I'll submit a link with this list after its completed!

shogun
08-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Thanks for your help on this!

Mike

Squall
08-18-2005, 03:17 PM
The gathering list is looking very sickly at the moment~~

Just 2 weeks to go before PMX, so if ya want a gathering listed, please post here!

RandomSchoolBoy
08-20-2005, 12:25 PM
I guess you can add the Bleach gathering around Noon on Sunday now, since its getting close.

Though would people be waiting in line around noon for seats to the masqurade?

Squall
08-20-2005, 02:13 PM
I guess you can add the Bleach gathering around Noon on Sunday now, since its getting close.

Though would people be waiting in line around noon for seats to the masqurade?

That's true too. Hmmm...the masq is due to go from 3pm-6pm, so we "could" have it afterwards, but then it might be too late in the day. Saturday afternoon might be a better time slot.

RandomSchoolBoy
08-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Okay so then Saturday 3-4pm btwn Hyatt and LBCC

radical_akira
08-24-2005, 05:58 AM
Greetings! I don't actually have a group and its just gonna be simply me with my cousin who is going there so I did not have to create a thread. I'll be going there as simply GTO in simple civilian clothes with my cousin who is going to be Ed of Cowboy Bebop.

Can we join you guys? ^_^;;; :thumbsup:

Squall
08-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Greetings! I don't actually have a group and its just gonna be simply me with my cousin who is going there so I did not have to create a thread. I'll be going there as simply GTO in simple civilian clothes with my cousin who is going to be Ed of Cowboy Bebop.

Can we join you guys? ^_^;;; :thumbsup:

You can cosplay where ever you want to. If ya want, try starting a thread for a random cosplay gathering, that way anyone who doesn't have a group will have one.

radical_akira
08-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Well I've made one already but we can still join you guys? :thumbsup:

Evil Bishounen
08-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Well I've made one already but we can still join you guys? :thumbsup:

I...think you're missing something. There's nothing really to join in on, certainly not on this thread. O.o This isn't a "hang out for all cosplayers" thing, this is just a list where people announce their already organized gatherings (based on a particular game/anime/genre/franchise). These gatherings are organized and scheduled in other threads for people to see, and then once the details are figured out, it's handed to Squall so he can stick it on a list. Nothing more than that.

It's really just a tool for cosplayers to meet up with other cosplayers more easily. There's no permission involved or even necessary for public gatherings.

Squall
08-24-2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the clarification evilbishounen.

Also another reminder, I've extended the gathering list deadline to next tuesday, Aug.30th at 10pm. So if ya want your gathering to appear on the list, please post it here so I can add it. After the deadline, no other gatherings will be added.

Thanks!

radical_akira
08-24-2005, 09:04 PM
Thanks evilbishounen! that clarrifies something in my mind. I'd love to meet you guys and gals more. So hope I could join like in Sunday (Sept. 4th), I'd be honored to meet American cosplayers and see how they do they're own ways in cosplaying. Yeah, its just the same with costume making and other stuff but I'd still want to see the differences.

So Squall how could we catch up with you all at Sunday?

RandomSchoolBoy
08-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Squall, I think im gonna push the Bleach gathering to 2pm since some of the bigger events start arond 3pm. unless anyone else prefers it to be 3pm.

Thanks

Squall
08-29-2005, 02:28 AM
ok its been changed.

-----------
Another reminder, I've extended the gathering list deadline to Tuesday, Aug.30th at 10pm. So if ya want your gathering to appear on the list, please post it here so I can add it. After the deadline, no other gatherings will be added.

Aya Mizu
08-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Hi Wayne, I don't know if this counts or not but it's kinda cosplay-related and I know a lot of people here have Super Dollfies so Aimee is having a Super Dollfie panel followed by a Takarazuka panel on Saturday as seen on the schedule -

http://www.pacificmediaexpo.com/2005/schedule.htm

The dollfie panel/meet up is at 1-2pm Saturday and Takarazuka is 2-3pm in the same room right after on Saturday. There is going to be dollfie meet up that usually has a lot of Gothic Lolitas and we could have a Takarazuka cosplay meet up if anyone's interested in that too. Would that be okay to add to the list?

Squall
08-30-2005, 06:08 PM
Hi Wayne, I don't know if this counts or not but it's kinda cosplay-related and I know a lot of people here have Super Dollfies so Aimee is having a Super Dollfie panel followed by a Takarazuka panel on Saturday as seen on the schedule -

http://www.pacificmediaexpo.com/2005/schedule.htm

The dollfie panel/meet up is at 1-2pm Saturday and Takarazuka is 2-3pm in the same room right after on Saturday. There is going to be dollfie meet up that usually has a lot of Gothic Lolitas and we could have a Takarazuka cosplay meet up if anyone's interested in that too. Would that be okay to add to the list?

Sure that's totally fine to add to the list, just list here what, when, and where, and I'll add it =D

DaBossKnight
09-02-2005, 12:47 AM
Naruto Gathering at 11am sunday
convention center entrance

Squall
09-02-2005, 10:50 AM
I'll be adding a last minute RO Gathering by tonight, just figuring out what day and time.

Shogun - I'll send out a listing of the list to ya tonight before 9pm.

Ami Yuy
09-02-2005, 08:44 PM
The Naruto gathering will be in front of the convention center.

Shiya Wind
09-02-2005, 10:42 PM
I just found out when the kingdom hearts gathering will be from Shun. It's going to be at 1PM at the Lagoon on Saturday. That's all. ^^;

Squall
09-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Ok, everything has been added and or updated. List has been submitted. See everyone at PMX!