PDA

View Full Version : .hack costume

hathe
04-15-2005, 08:26 PM
I need help making a costume of Elk. Its fingerless glove arm wrapp I'm confused about. The picture shows him wearing solid gloves but everyone does this wrap thing, plus how do you do all his layers since I heard he wears a lot? Can anyone help me please?

Galzley
04-15-2005, 09:31 PM
What'd I'd do is get a lot of cloth bandages, or something similar, and wrap that around your arms a few times.

hathe
04-15-2005, 09:38 PM
yes but I don't think he has cloth bandage gloves I think there plain leather gloves. THe other problem I'm having is that my clothes keep bunching up and on me and making me look fat. Here is a good picture, I just can't get it right http://www.dothack.com/game/img/chara/elk.jpg

Galzley
04-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Okay then, here's what you do for the gloves. (I think. I've never done this type of costume before.)
Okay what you do is buy a pair of leather gloves and snip of the fingers. Then put them on and then wrap yourself.

hathe
04-15-2005, 09:51 PM
wrap yourself what does that mean? and what about all those heavy layers

Galzley
04-15-2005, 09:53 PM
I mean wrap your arms. And the layers... perhaps you could use a similar fabric that's a little thinner?

hathe
04-15-2005, 09:56 PM
hey thanks, anyone have any other ideas as well since this is a really hard costume

eruk
04-16-2005, 05:36 PM
About the layers I don't know what you are going to do? There are atleast three and very hot. The gloves though are solid I think but the tops are wrapped. I feel bad for you having to wear all those layers

hathe
04-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Do you think he was wearing one of those loincloth wraps under it? I like being authenic, or maybe it was like chastity leather underwear? LOL

slitpaw
04-16-2005, 06:10 PM
what are you talking about LOL, like a leather speedo or something? That might work though I don't know. I would try to work on the layers, but if you really want to be original it has to be all of the layers, and that means you'll half to be hot. His clothes were designed to be on at all times since he would have been in a rough environment. I don't think they are suppose to even come off. I would make it as if it were real battle clothes. So you need to guess about all the layers even the unshown ones like you said about the leather underwear. There might even be some armor under his tunic as well. As for the heat, deal with it and drink lost of water. Remember Elk wasn't very strong in the story so he probably had a lot of layers for protection. Just my thoughts lol

moonfight
04-16-2005, 06:14 PM
About your question on the gloves, yes they are solid and not wrapped. Where anyone got the idea they were wrapped I'll never know. He is wearing a red turtle neck though just so you know