PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a costume...

Kanshou
01-10-2003, 02:53 PM
I'm trying to think up something to go to the San Diego Comi-con as - and having about 7 months still, I have some time - but I keep comin up blank. Any ideas would be really appreciated! Preferably a tall character, because at 6'2" 190 lbs, I don't think being a short character would work to well ^_^.

Ayaka
01-10-2003, 04:00 PM
Heheh you could always be a short character just to trip people out. :D Or maybe that's just my weird sense of humor . . . well, my advice when people are struggling (cause it was given to me) is to sit down and make a list of series that you've enjoyed. Doesn't even have to be your faves, just stuff you thought was cool. Then you go through it and do a mental rundown of the characters, see if anybody crops up.

If you're still stumped, try throwing a (bigger ^^) pic at us; maybe we can help you brainstorm.

Kanshou
01-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Well, I already spent the better portion of last night doing what you suggested :) A larger pic of me is located at http://www.storshun.com/images/fullpicofme.jpg
Maybe that will help...Anyhoo, thanks!

Ayaka
01-10-2003, 05:10 PM
Well, question #1 then is - how attached are you to your facial hair? lol. Not that there aren't characters with it, but that narrows the field a bit.

Mei Lan Chang
01-10-2003, 05:23 PM
I think I saw you at last years Comic Con come to think of it.

But since it IS a comic con, ever think of doing a science fiction costume or fantasy costume? I think that's one reason I like Comic Con is because I can love anime and sci-fi and not run into any red tape. (Besides the tape on my fake weapons...)

You look like you would make excellent elf. Eh? Eh?

Kanshou
01-10-2003, 07:09 PM
Ayaka - nope not attached to my facial hair emotionally, course, it feels fairly attached to my face ;)

Mei Lan Chang - Thanks for the elf comment (I think :P) and I would prefer to do anime cosplay, but I would be interested in hearing your ideas :)

Setzer
01-10-2003, 07:28 PM
how about a giant catbit?

damn tenshi univers!!!

*grumbles for finding about anime too late in life!!*.

Radical Urd
01-10-2003, 07:58 PM
Whoa well buddy I have no idea, what are your favorite anime's? What about you're favorite character? I always go by that. Or I go by what will be the most eye catching costume, or do what my male friends do, what costume "attracts the chicks" hehe. anywho! its all up to you, brotha

Ayaka
01-10-2003, 10:51 PM
Well you kinda remind me of this one character from Saiyuki . . . XD lol but I doubt you've seen that, or would really want to be an insane doctor anyway (you'd have to carry around a stuffed bunny . . .)

Anyways . . . this always happens, I know that someone reminds me of a character, but have a dreadful time placing which one. oO;;; I'll just brainstorm wildly. Gateau from Sorcerer Hunters . . . maybe Bolt Crank from Eat-Man? He's pretty tall. Maybe Andy from Cowboy Bebop? Though I've already talked one guy into cosplaying him, lol. Err . . . Cid Highwind?

*edit* And you also kind of remind me of Champ from Zillion. (Speaking of things you won't have heard of lol!)

Kanshou
01-11-2003, 01:40 AM
Haha, well, I don't really have the braun to be gateau, but nice idea ;) Well, if someone weren't already doing Andy, I would do that. I was thinking maybe Gowa from Gasaraki, but I have no way to make all the suit stuff that he wears when piloting the ATs. Never seen Eat-man, and I definately haven't heard of Zillion. I was trying to think of myabe something from Love Hina, but all the guys in that are pretty standard looking.. I wouldn't look like I was cosplaying. I had thought about Ikari Gendou, not sure though.

Rethul
01-11-2003, 09:27 AM
Gendou Ikari'd be cool, you just have to grow you'r hair out a little bit and dye it black. And if you see anyone as Shinji you can tell them that they're a failure and you're still in character!

Kanshou
01-11-2003, 12:48 PM
That sounds good :) Now the fun part, deciding how I am gonna make that coat of his :D