PDA

View Full Version : Any AN cosplayers looking for a group

rainetomoe
01-10-2003, 03:15 PM
Are there any csoplayer that are going to Anorth or/and Toronto Trek that are looking for a group to join? This year we are doing Sailor Moon, next year is seramyu and the other is undecided. Either Tokyo Mew Mew or Magic Knight Rayearth.
For more info please check my site. If you are not interested just desregard this post.

http://www.angelfire.com/80s/tsukinomusic

Yuna-X2
01-15-2003, 05:00 PM
I'm trying to get through your site, but it's really slow at loading...

rainetomoe
01-21-2003, 10:07 AM
Really? It could be the background music as it is a fairly large file.

Kia
01-22-2003, 01:05 PM
Don't know if it counts but I'm working on my Human Luna costume as we speak. :D

rainetomoe
01-23-2003, 06:51 PM
Oh cooliez!! We could do some hall pics with everyone. ^_^

Kia
01-25-2003, 12:17 AM
I've been thinking of applying for your group but I'm no where near finishing my costume yet...and I don't have a pic up on the net of me...but please keep me in mind! :)

Lafiel
01-25-2003, 02:31 AM
*waves* I might be interested too.
I live in toronto, so I can be there for Anime North.
But I don't have a sewing machine anymore :(

rainetomoe
01-25-2003, 12:23 PM
Hey that's not a problem for both of you. Any member of the group can do costumes, it only takes me a few days to get a sailor fuku together. Are either of you planning on going to Toronto Trek? Right now our group is only doing a hall cosplay at anime north and if we can come up with a skit we could do the masqurade but right now our groups Sailor Jupiter is being a guest at Anorth so she will be busy with other stuff.
At Toronto Trek I am working on getting our group a Seramyu panel and time to do a short preformance since I missed the deadline for the main preformance. We are also looking into doing some Sakura Taisen stuff from that musical...and maybe Hunter X.

Sorry for the long post...I tend to ramble sometimes ^_^'

Kia
01-25-2003, 12:30 PM
I've never been to Toronto Trek...when is it?

Lafiel
01-25-2003, 01:26 PM
rainetomoe: I hadn't planned on going to Toronto trek (not to sure when and where it is either). But depending when it is should be a problem to go if you need someone.

Toyko mew mew, Sakura taisen, Sailormoon, Hunter X all those groups sound so exciting :) Woud love to be part of it.

rainetomoe
01-25-2003, 01:59 PM
Well Toronto Trek is the second weekend in July and it's held at the Regal Costillation...same place as Anime North. If you would like to be on the panel you get a discount on your registration which is a tad bit more than Anime North since they have big stars go there...this year they have Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer!!! Anyway there is a messageboard on the group site if you want to join that has a list of potental songs that we would like to do. I can also give out lyrics, CD's with the songs on them and if you need the video of the songs.

Yuna-X2
01-25-2003, 10:34 PM
Ooooh... I'd get in on that musical thing, but I dunno about my costuming skillz and transportation to Toronto. :/

Kia
01-26-2003, 08:15 AM
Sounds cool...but don't mind me if I'm a little confused... panel?

rainetomoe
01-26-2003, 03:24 PM
Yah, you know like the panels at Anime North. This panel for seramyu we would just talk to people about the seramyu..actors and such plus the cosplayers and why they like the seramyu. Plus I have a video that I would like to show and then the preformance.

Yuna where do you live? If you would like to join us I might be able to get a ride for you.

Yuna-X2
01-26-2003, 06:06 PM
In between Kingston and Ottawa. :/

heki-chan
01-26-2003, 06:55 PM
stupid question...but...is TT anime/videogame friendly?? bcuz Gord Rose sugested we go and enter TT's masq for 2003...buuut everyone is a bit iffy, since some comics/sci-fi fans at CN kept calling us the "anime-kiddies" which was reallllly irritating^_^;;;

~heki

Chosuke
01-27-2003, 07:44 AM
Ne?!

You guy's are doing Hunter X?
Wahhhh I wanna be part of that! Are you gonna have char listings on the site soon?

rainetomoe
01-27-2003, 10:20 AM
Heki: Actually there are quite a few anime cosplayers at Toronto Trek. They are also trying to get more anime involved in the con cause a lot of anime is scifi/fantasy. I'm not sure but I think a day pass for saturday is around $30
I would love to see you guys there!

As soon as I get all the info and character listings. I'm not too familiar with Hunter X but I would like to do it's musical. I think that might be interesting.

rainetomoe
01-27-2003, 01:14 PM
Yuna if there is a way for you to get to Peterborough you can go to Toronto with me.

Yuna-X2
01-27-2003, 02:32 PM
*damns* There is definatly no way to get to Peterborough... I'm having enough trouble getting to my friend's house to help him with HIS costume, and he lives a kilometre away!!

*smacks the level driving tests* Stupid waiting 8 months for my G2.....

heki-chan
01-27-2003, 10:57 PM
*gasp* $30???? O DEAR. X_X; i hope we can afford it! LOL^_^

thanks for the info Raine ^0^ but hmm....maybe i should AT LEAST watch Starwars episode 1 (yeah i never saw it yet) before i go tho LOOOL X_X;;;; im so ignorant^_^;;

but i mainly want to go to check out the costuming-arts in the Scifi fanworld :) so i HOPE i can go! HOPE TO SEE U GUYS THERE TOO! ^0^

rainetomoe
02-02-2003, 08:53 PM
Yuna if you are still interested in going to Toronto Trek with us I might have a ride for you. If I can manage we can come and pick you up.

For anyone else interested here are the characters we still need:
Sailor Neptune
Sailor Pluto or Mars
and an understudy for Sailor Mercury.
If you are interested in being a villan by all means please do.

Kia
02-02-2003, 08:57 PM
Too bad Luna has no songs...

rainetomoe
02-02-2003, 09:04 PM
Actually she does have a song from the first stage. I don't remember the title of it, but it has something to do with the difference between boys and girls. ^_^'

Kia
02-03-2003, 04:24 AM
For some reason after hearing that my weirdness meter is hitting pretty high...weird, but cool none the less. If you remember it I'd be happy to know. :)

Yuna-X2
02-03-2003, 03:42 PM
:O You don't have a sailor mars yet? Man, I wish I hadn't got my hair cut, cause I've got a Sailor Saturn type haircut now. :P .... well, I'll definatly consider it. Do you think you could send me some more information on it? I'd definatly be interested in the Sailor Mars one, cause my hair might have grown out then...

coscrew
02-05-2003, 05:38 PM
what is toronto trek? i've heard about it, but i have no idea where it is, or what it involves? can someone please enlighten me?

does this mean i've been con hopping for 5 years and missed one?

rainetomoe
02-05-2003, 09:04 PM
Toronto TRek is a Sci-fi/fantast con held every July in Toronto Ontario at the Regal Costellation hotel. I went last year and had a blast. Just watch out for all the Klingon cosplayers ^_^'

There is also anime there so don't worry if your not a big scifi fan. Most of the stuff they focus on is Star Trek, Star Wars, Buffy the Vampire Hunter, Farscape, and so many other shows and books.

This year I'm working with programming to do a seramyu panel and short preformance. I sent my proposal and am just waiting to hear back from them. If for some reason we can't preform this year I will be sending a propsal to do a main stage production at Toronto Trek next year.

coscrew
02-06-2003, 03:10 PM
keen, thanks for the info.

say, if i read right, you're from peterborough? look about a half hour south to port hope. *waves* hi! =D

rainetomoe
02-06-2003, 11:29 PM
Yup I'm from good ol Peterborough. Wow I didn't know you were so close! That's cool!

heki-chan
02-07-2003, 12:09 AM
silly question again!^_^;

around wht time in july? (beg...mid..end?)

THANKIES IN ADVANCE :)
woow! if i go to TT, that meansill be going to..FOUR cons in one year *_* is that even possible..? O_o;

Lafiel
02-07-2003, 01:57 AM
[url]http://www.icomm.ca/tcon/tt17/
Hope that helps

Google is my friend ^^
except when I can't find things :(

coscrew
02-08-2003, 09:52 AM
i looked that con up.. it looks tres scary.. worse than cn..

about HOW much of the con is anime tho?

Sion
02-08-2003, 02:53 PM
Ahh.. I was watching this show called "The BUZZ" or something on the comedy network and they went to TT to make fun of people.. Let me say I dislike that show much, but when I saw them at the Regal I was like WTF?? But yeah, I didn't see ANYTHING anime there, just a whoooooole lotta Star Trek.

Eeek Clingons x_x

Eriku-san

coscrew
02-08-2003, 03:53 PM
LMAO! oh god.. i love the buzz XD
i didn't see that episode tho.

i guess i wont be hitting that con then. Hmph, i'm going back to sewing. i've just overcome a HUGE hair crisis for a UFO... *runs*

sew sew sew sew....

Kia
02-09-2003, 07:43 PM
Klingons are COOL! :D I met some at CN a few years back. Now they are deffinately the perfect people to be bouncers! Who's got the guts to try and get past a Klingon? ^_^

Yuna-X2
02-10-2003, 09:50 AM
I would. :)

stillvisions
02-12-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by rainetomoe
Well Toronto Trek is the second weekend in July and it's held at the Regal Costillation...same place as Anime North. If you would like to be on the panel you get a discount on your registration which is a tad bit more than Anime North since they have big stars go there...this year they have Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer!!! Anyway there is a messageboard on the group site if you want to join that has a list of potental songs that we would like to do. I can also give out lyrics, CD's with the songs on them and if you need the video of the songs.

Bad news: Spike cancelled. The home page (http://www.icomm.ca/tcon/tt17/) talks about it.

Still, I'd recommend it to anyone: it's a blast. My site talks about our misadventures there.

More anime people are always needed to scare the trekkies.

Um, as for the anime content, it's growing; gradually cross-over makes it happen. The masq is much less crowded, and Gordon Rose is a great MC for it. Much much much better than CNA; well-run, lotsa panels, lotsa fun.

rainetomoe
02-13-2003, 08:21 AM
Yah I saw that Spike cancelled. *sniffles* Oh well TT is still a fun con to go to.

rainetomoe
02-20-2003, 02:58 PM
Just a little update on how things are going. ^_^
We almost have a full senshi cast!!! If there is still anyone interested we need a Sailor Neptune and a Sailor Mars!
We are also casting villans and Luna & Artimis.

Kia
02-21-2003, 09:09 AM
You need a Luna? Which version?

rainetomoe
02-21-2003, 10:21 PM
Well since we are doing first stage it would be Luna in her cat form, but if we can find someone that wants to be Artimis we can do them both in their human form.

Scoti
02-22-2003, 09:41 AM
I'll be Artimis if it's still open

rainetomoe
02-23-2003, 06:44 AM
Yup it's still open.
here is the URL to the site for you to check out:

Also if you could send an e-mail to me with all the
info needed off the site that would be great. ^_^

Scoti
02-23-2003, 01:29 PM
which info would that be? I click on the Application link in your Audition Rules page and it just took me back to the main page

rainetomoe
03-01-2003, 12:13 PM
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've been busy with con stuff, costumes, and work. ^_^
Yah some of the links still don't work properly as that is a fairly new layout. Just click on the audition button in the side menu and it will take you there.

Also a note to all the current members, can you please join the messageboard as I have posted info about the upcomming conventions on it. Thanks.

Kia would you like to be our Luna for Toronto Trek? If so I also need some info from you so I can stick you guys up on the cast page. I can also get you a copy of the song I was telling you about. Both Luna and Artimis sing that.

Kia
03-02-2003, 05:33 PM
^_^ I'd love to! Right now I'm just waiting for for my friend to develop and print my cast picture for our school musical, as soon as I have it I'll send it to you (it *was* part of the application thinggy, right?)What other info would you like? ^_^

rainetomoe
03-08-2003, 10:41 AM
Yah a picture is part of the application.
Here is all the info pulled off the site:
Name/Nickname:________ Age: __ Height:____
Role(s) Desired: ____________
Email:_______
Dance Experience? For how many years?
Acting Experience? For how many years?
Singing Experience? For How many years?
What can you contribute to Tsukino Isho/Jem Project?

Sarcasm-hime
03-20-2003, 04:15 PM
The website may make TT look all corporate like CN, but it's not. It's fan run just like AN, and there's always tons of panels and fun stuff to do. If you're interested in SF/F fandom at all, it's a blast.

rainetomoe
03-25-2003, 02:20 PM
Yah thats right a lot of the people that run Anime North also help out with Toronto Trek and just remember a lot of anime is also sci-fi/fantasy based. ^_^

~Group Update~

Now that Toronto Trek is getting so close we really need a couple of hard working and dedicated people to fill some roles. We are still looking for a Neptune and a Mars. If we do not have the whole sailor soldier cast we cannot do a lot of the songs that were on the list.
I know we do not have a lot of time to get everything together but I'm here to help pull some sailor fukus together help find wigs and footwear along with props if needed. Most of the songs for now will be lip synch. We are planning for a big show for 2004 Toronto Trek I didn't put in a proposal for this year because we do not have a full cast as of yet. So if you are interestred please check us out. ^_^

rainetomoe
04-18-2003, 01:19 PM
Hey we have a new member for our group!!! We now have a Sailor Neptune so we just need a Mars to make up the whole cast of sailor scouts! ^_^ I'm so excited!! If there is anyone who would like to be part of the group and play another character like a villan or guardian that would be great! See you all at Anime North and Toronto Trek!

Kisa
04-18-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by heki-chan
silly question again!^_^;

around wht time in july? (beg...mid..end?)

THANKIES IN ADVANCE :)
woow! if i go to TT, that meansill be going to..FOUR cons in one year *_* is that even possible..? O_o;

Ha... and you could see ME! XD
...yeah. I'm sure TT loves me scaring away their potential people. They even have me doing STUFF. Like Panels... Which is really quite amusing.

On a good note, I'm like... the one person trying to actually bring more Anime into the con... Anime that isn't SailorMoon, DBZ or Pokemon I mean. Because we all know how those represent the diverse world that is Japanese Animation, and specifically sci-fi/Fantasy animation...
Colour me various shades of bored, but when the most diverse panel is 'gundam' you aren't going to attract the people who watch it to any significant amount...

Oh. There will also be a pokemon/dbz/Yugioh panel.... wheeeee.
-_-
But no fear! Kisa got a WHOLE bunch of people to email in complaints/Suggestions ^-^ Enough that they caved on a few of my little pet topics... >:D
Now if only they'd actually update their panel list...

Oh. And Heki, they also call us various other more *colourful* things besides "anime-kiddies".
That's just what they say when they see you paying attention. Christine probably remembers my ranting on lj about it, and the poor poor kingston crowd got an earfull.. for several days...

But, whatever issues I had with it, it didn't.. you know... piss me off the way crappy-con did ^-^ so that's something. Plus I got to horribly offend a bunch of tourists with my now patent 'slutty man pose' and a kid got his arm caught in the revolving door which was quite delightful to see.

Limeyaku
04-18-2003, 10:34 PM
LMAO!!!!

" Plus I got to horribly offend a bunch of tourists with my now patent 'slutty man pose' and a kid got his arm caught in the revolving door which was quite delightful to see. "

tht is one of the funniest things i've seen posted on this board. XD ooooh dear. LOL!!!

hmm...now that saku-chan and i are planning eowyn and arwen maybe we could go roam around TT too? *__* hmmm....!

Kisa
04-18-2003, 10:43 PM
well, it WAS funny... the kid was being stupid and loud and yelling, and had really bad hair. He deserved it. He had a mullet. And not a cute J-rock mullet. Like, a Rat-Mullet.

heki-chan
04-18-2003, 11:07 PM
LOOOOL awww poor ratboy...tht mustve hurt *_*;

LOL yeah since we're not going to Otakon anymore, i think ill grab a buncha ppl and head to TT^_^

mite do a small LOTR thingie then...and bring FFX-2 bcuz im working so hard on it^____^;;
and maybe FF9 too, bcuz a con isnt a con without the goodness of finalfantasy^____^

i never go to panels/showings/ANYTHING really at cons, so i dunt think ill be missing much tee hee^_^ ill jsut bum around the hotel. ooor use the weekend as a chance to do photoshoots in their prettypretty tropical pool area *roar*
muahah^_^

~heki <--bored too

Minakolabelle
04-19-2003, 01:51 PM
Yes, yes I remember that complaining on your LJ very well, but it was all good their all retards that think their better then us ;P

I'm still thinking about hitting TT cause Heather keeps on bugging me to, but my probs are:

a) I don't have any one to go with, thus no ride up there
b) I'd wanna make my secreat costume that I don't have the money for
c)Dad is making me get a job after AN which means I might not even get teh time off to go to it ;_;

the whole wirld is agents me going

JustinCredible
04-19-2003, 03:03 PM
I was thinking about going to TT, but it was either go to TT or AN... as I can only really afford 2 Cons currently. And I ALWAYS go to CNCBE/Anime/Sci-Fi... so because James cancelled and Kia is such an excellent seller... I'm going to AN. Maybe next year for TT... but with college its going to be tight.

kenhidaka
04-21-2003, 04:46 PM
I just heard this recently but I hear someone was looking for a Ken or Omi for a cosplay group and I'm going as Ken so whoever is looking for Ken for their cosplay just message me back. I'm also going as Seifer from FF8. I just went last year as him with Hero and Nanami from Suikoden 2 and Selphie from FF8. If anyone remembers a tall FF* Seifer jsut give me a shout!

heki-chan
04-21-2003, 05:57 PM
I think i heard that on the AN board. lemme check and ill post back here :)

*twirls back*
okok i got it^_^

http://pub43.ezboard.com/fteahouseofthemaplemoonfrm40.showMessage?topicID=1 37.topic
(scroll all the way down)

im relaly sorries if u already saw that^_^;;;

~heki

kenhidaka
04-22-2003, 12:10 AM
thank you anyways I did find it and posted it. I appreciate you helping me though. BTW, did you go last year and if you did as what?

kenhidaka
04-22-2003, 12:12 AM
oh as well going out to rainetomoe I think one of my friends is in your group I'm not too sure.

Chosuke
04-22-2003, 06:46 AM
How soon is Toronto trek exactly? oo;

rainetomoe
04-22-2003, 12:23 PM
Toronto Trek is July 11 - 13 at the Regal...same place as Anime North. ^_^

Kisa
04-22-2003, 07:46 PM
I had a question for the people doing the X group...
are you guys wearing your costumes all weekend or just one day, and if so, which day? Because I (and possibly a friend) want to do photos in X costumes... Because we're anal and have to do at least one X costume a year and we're not overlapping anyone you have already, so it would look snazzy...

Kia
04-22-2003, 07:54 PM
good question... *I* don't even know when Chobrat wanted to do the X thing...

heki-chan
04-22-2003, 10:17 PM
whoops. sorta late reply^_^; but, kenhidaka, yep i was at AN last year^_^
i was FFX's Yuna (hmm tehre were 3 or 4 yuna's at the con, i was the shortest one -_-; LOL! but yeah if ur not sure then check my gallery)

WHA!!!!

U GUYS!!!! 24 days TILL ANIMENORTH!!!!! *_*

rainetomoe
04-22-2003, 10:34 PM
I know and I don't even have all the costumes done yet!!! ^_^'

Kia
04-23-2003, 06:40 AM
EEP! Neither do I!!!! O_O

Chosuke
04-23-2003, 07:01 AM
I had a question for the people doing the X group...

Well...I'll give you our ever shrinking group as of now:

Kamui = Myself

Sorata = Mike

Nataku = Ray

Seishirou = Well we did have one,but we're not ABSOLUTELY sure if he's coming anymore thanks to him being a boy and being a dumbass and getting his white-person but grounded ._.;

Subaru = Our Subaru cosplayer is WAY too much like Subaru. And his current moodiness is making him all 'I AN even worthwhile?"
and being bitchy..

Karen = Kia MIGHT be our Karen hopefully <.<.. -prods-

But all other characters are free ^^;

Mage
04-23-2003, 08:50 AM
What about Yuuto...? T_T (possibly the only character who could distract me from Kisa stalking....*evil grin* j/k!!!!)

I am not done costumes yet either. More importantly, my masquerade costume has very, very little progress completed and I'm not sure when I'll be able to work on it with schoolwork picking up again.

Chosuke
04-23-2003, 10:29 AM
Our Yuto decided he was better suited to being Seishirou for he is an IDIOT.

He would of been the PERFECT Yuto too!
Blonde hair,blue eyes... tall and white xD

but nooooooooo he had to be Seishirou,because he wanted to drag our subaru on a chain ^^;

kenhidaka
04-23-2003, 11:25 AM
Oh you're with the big group of FFX people like Tidus, Auron, Lulu and the Blitzball players right?

Kisa
04-23-2003, 12:56 PM
You didn't really answer my question Chobrat. I asked WHEN you were wearing your costumes. ie. What day/all weekend sort of thing. I'm not overlapping any of your costumes so I wanted to do pictures cause NO-ONE ever does the character I want to do.
I wanted to see if I could find a time to wear him, since i'm booked for regular costumes for the rest of the weekend, so I'd be doing it especially to do a few photos.

heki-chan
04-23-2003, 04:02 PM
ken--yepyep that was us^_^

hey guys, do u think the security would get mad-pissd at us if we set up a backdrop-photo area in a corner???

think taht would be a good idea? we'll be doing that anyways late-saturday nite, but if people wanna use the backdrop too ill get the guys to set it up earlier or something^_^ we'll be bringing......7 digital cameras i think^_^ so YAH! powah!^_^
anyone interested?

Chosuke
04-23-2003, 05:41 PM
You didn't really answer my question Chobrat. I asked WHEN you were wearing your costumes. ie. What day/all weekend sort of thing. I'm not overlapping any of your costumes so I wanted to do pictures cause NO-ONE ever does the character I want to do.

ohh,sorry.
I must not of been paying attention ^^;
the date will soon be decided,but I guess saturday or sunday.
Any time best for you?

Kisa
04-23-2003, 07:27 PM
Sunday is best, just because I'm stuck doing something else I'd rather not, except that it would be comfortable for the car ride home and the group is big. But if I had a reason to wear something else too, I woudln't feel so lame.
Saturday is less good just because I'll have my CCD outfit and a Masq. outfit, AND a Dance outfit so I'll be all changy (tho two out of the three will be clamp, so that's vaguely amusing...)

Chosuke
04-24-2003, 07:00 AM
Sunday sounds good to me too!
And hey,two out of my three are clamp too!

Kisa
04-24-2003, 03:08 PM
Sweet. Y ou should pick a time, and place so I can meet up with your group for photos!

Kia
04-24-2003, 05:32 PM
Arg! Anyone want to make my Karen costume? ... no, huh... :: sigh :: oh well ^_^

rainetomoe
04-30-2003, 01:58 PM
Hey everyone!!!
We are still looking for a Sailor Mars for Toronto Trek. If you are interestred please send me a message. The deadline for a new Sailor Mars is May 31 as that is the last day for pre reg. If you are interested in doing the panel with us plaes sign up on the TT website ASAP.
Arigato!

archangeli
05-30-2003, 02:38 AM
Pre-reg is until June 13th isn't it?

Just found this thread tonight. Terribly disappointed that James Marsters isn't going.

*sniff*

rainetomoe
05-30-2003, 09:56 AM
Yes it is until June 13. I know the first time I checked it was May 31. They must have extended it due to the guest problems and stuff.

mechaex.com
05-31-2003, 12:29 PM
im not sure if anime ans star trek really fot well together ?

Kia
05-31-2003, 01:52 PM
Why wouldn't it?

stillvisions
05-31-2003, 04:31 PM
There is an anime presence at Toronto Trek, and they're be more if we can get more to show up. It's limited to videos, panels and dealer room stuff right now, but if the response was bigger, so would be the anime aspect at TT.

Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
05-31-2003, 05:58 PM
wat is taht toronto trek convention? Is it another anime convention? What is it about?

stillvisions
06-01-2003, 10:47 AM
Toronto trek is really a general-purpose sci-fi convention that's fan run, so there's plenty of events/panels and guests that don't cost 60 bucks extra for an autograph.

The name is kinda anachronistic now, since it started in the Trek vein but now's all over the map in sci-fi, including anime (gradually). There's a strong Buffy & Angel contingent too if that's your thing too.

You get a Masq (hosted by Gord Rose no less) and a bunch of other stuff you can find at this site (http://www.tcon.ca) .

And as a blatant piece of self-promotion, you can check out my extended take on things here. (http://www.stillvisions.com/events/tt16/tt1.htm)

archangeli
06-01-2003, 05:53 PM
:)

I will so be there - BtVS is fantastic. Vampire lore in general is. I'm proof that Buffy, Star Trek and Anime can mix! :D

rainetomoe
06-01-2003, 07:11 PM
If any of you like the sailor moon musical head on over to our panel. We'll be doing a bit of a preformance too. ^_^
If anyone wants to join in they are welcome to.

Kisa
06-02-2003, 12:48 AM
Since half of the fun of any con is making your own fun... Stillvisions, we're looking for someone to document our path of terror this year and hopefully if Louise is in her Legolas costume a re-visitation of 'slutty man poses' as well as someone to document the Eowyncest which will be happening...
and follow us around again. Me, Xio, Sunny, Erica and Ruth are all being various panelists at various events...
You know. So that means making sure we don't suck by asking good questions that wont involve us writing a gr. 12 essays about how vampires are metaphores for sexual repression....*cough*flashback*/cough*

heki-chan
06-02-2003, 01:36 AM
im thinking of doing the 2 hour visitor pass for TT.
im much too poor/ghetto to afford 58 ;_;

plus im not sure if ill like it. so it seems good to me!
then ill just roam the hotel for the remainder of the time hehehe^_^

Kia
06-02-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by stillvisions
You get a Masq (hosted by Gord Rose no less) and a bunch of other stuff you can find at this site (http://www.tcon.ca) .

And as a blatant piece of self-promotion, you can check out my extended take on things here. (http://www.stillvisions.com/events/tt16/tt1.htm)

Gordie! Wheeee! ^_^

JustinCredible
06-02-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by archangeli
:)

I will so be there - BtVS is fantastic. Vampire lore in general is. I'm proof that Buffy, Star Trek and Anime can mix! :D

HERE HERE!!!!

Kia
06-02-2003, 08:54 AM
It is for those reasons that I love CNA, many people don't agree, but it's one of my favourite parts of the year... but this thread isn't about CN, it's about Toronto Trek, so for everyone who gets to go, let me know how it is. If I have the money then I might just be joining you next year. ^_^

stillvisions
06-02-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Kisa
Since half of the fun of any con is making your own fun... Stillvisions, we're looking for someone to document our path of terror this year and hopefully if Louise is in her Legolas costume a re-visitation of 'slutty man poses' as well as someone to document the Eowyncest which will be happening...
and follow us around again. Me, Xio, Sunny, Erica and Ruth are all being various panelists at various events...
You know. So that means making sure we don't suck by asking good questions that wont involve us writing a gr. 12 essays about how vampires are metaphores for sexual repression....*cough*flashback*/cough*

You know I'm always good for doccumenting peoples' paths of destruction; it's the best part of being there.

So you folks are all doing the panelist thing now? Geez, the inmates are in charge of the asylum now... I look forward to keeping you all honest.

This should be good...

Kisa
06-02-2003, 05:16 PM
Yeah well... it was the only way to avoid "ADD GLITTER!" and Pokemon=anime...

Sarcasm-hime
06-02-2003, 06:17 PM
heh, I look forward to meeting up with all you guys; I'm also on a bunch of costuming panels at TT. ^_^

stillvisions
06-02-2003, 08:02 PM
Actually, Hime, we were very glad for your semi-hostile takeover of the anime cosplay panel last year.

And Kisa they had more to anime than that; don't forget the discussion about Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, GI Joe(?), and some lesser-known shows like bubblegum crisis... o.O

*checks the panel listing* well Kisa, many of the panels you're doing have a certain, um, theme to them.

Damn, no "vampires and sexuality" this year, though (but they've got one about the fact that *gasp* the vampire mythos has changed over the years).

Edit: They're also listing "misconceptions" about vampires...

Kisa
06-12-2003, 07:46 PM
*snerk* Well, Xio and I had evil plans to crash certain panels this year at TT, but we figured a take-over from INSIDE would work better then causing trouble. And I figure if you're going to have a panel about panty-shots and cat-girls, you have to expand it to be about pretty boys with Wings, too...
Of course, TT doesn't deserve it us being bastards, since they don't suck. Well... except with the vampire thing. That STILL amuses me to this day.

CNA on the other hand... I'll let you know how our Sabotage goes. It's nice to have contacts to people in the Industry.
*smiles* I didn't warn them for nothing last year, when I said we were going to make sure people knew how annoyed we were.

Kaijugal
07-05-2003, 06:50 PM
*snerk* Well, Xio and I had evil plans to crash certain panels this year at TT, but we figured a take-over from INSIDE would work better then causing trouble. And I figure if you're going to have a panel about panty-shots and cat-girls, you have to expand it to be about pretty boys with Wings, too...
Of course, TT doesn't deserve it us being bastards, since they don't suck.

I'm glad to hear that TT doesn't suck! :bigtu: I still wish I could convince you to "crash" the Closer Look At Costume Creations Panel with your costume from the AN masquerade this year. I even offer to let you crash on my behalf as my ride lost thier van and my sister and I will be taking Go Transit in and then bussing it the rest of the way. (Which means I won't be draging any more than one or two small pieces for that panel).

:) We have to get all the same cool people coming to TT that go to Anime North. :)

It will be fun and we'll have a good time. :)

Kaijugal
07-05-2003, 07:01 PM
So that means making sure we don't suck by asking good questions that wont involve us writing a gr. 12 essays about how vampires are metaphores for sexual repression....*cough*flashback*/cough*

Kisa, I have to request that you please explain this to me when you see me next time. IT sounds like an interesting story. :D

Kisa
07-05-2003, 10:53 PM
LOL. No problem. I'll be crashing the costume panel. Mostly cause I offered Xio moral support, and I can explain last year's Vampire Panel when I see you there. ^-^ It's an amusing story actually. Well, if you're Me and find such things amusing.

And, if you need me up there, just let me know. All it'll involve is stuffing extra hangers into my garment bag, so it isn't like packing will take any extra space in the car!
I just did't want anyone feeling bad for me and giving up their spot on the panel! Especially from someone who builds things Like giant monster suits!! Thats way more impressive then my experementing!

Kaijugal
07-07-2003, 11:25 AM
LOL. No problem. I'll be crashing the costume panel. Mostly cause I offered Xio moral support, and I can explain last year's Vampire Panel when I see you there. ^-^ It's an amusing story actually. Well, if you're Me and find such things amusing.

And, if you need me up there, just let me know. All it'll involve is stuffing extra hangers into my garment bag, so it isn't like packing will take any extra space in the car!
I just did't want anyone feeling bad for me and giving up their spot on the panel! Especially from someone who builds things Like giant monster suits!! Thats way more impressive then my experementing!

*pshaw!* I only build monsters because I can't sew! LOL! That's my dark seceret. (okay well actually more like my dim seceret) :D

Sure stuff away. The more the merrier! I've got to bus it up to the hotel so I'm really limited in what I can take this year. :(
Thanks for the help.
~Dawn

im_sailor_moon
11-02-2003, 09:28 PM
im 11 and i could go as ichaigo i aready have the costume from hawloeen!

Bata
01-18-2004, 02:25 PM
BLAH! :lost: I feel so alone almost everyones going with ppl in cosplay to AN :waaaah: the only ppl who will come are my friends but there either
A) pretending not to know me there
B) trying to figure out what anime is or
C) Picking a fight with a voice actor or a cosplayer (remembers a year ago)

I just hope no one stand me up or pulls at my Inu-yasha ears for my cosplay! Or i will be forced to take a cute bishie seiyu hostage and create massive destruction and chaos ^^'''

StreetClothes
01-23-2004, 01:52 PM
I just hope no one stand me up or pulls at my Inu-yasha ears for my cosplay! Or i will be forced to take a cute bishie seiyu hostage and create massive destruction and chaos ^^'''

That could be fun :bigtu: