PDA

View Full Version : VIA DIRECTIONS TO GCAF ~Could someone local take it from there?

Kaijugal
04-17-2005, 12:15 PM
I previously posted the VIA directions on how to get to the city GCAF is being held in. Could someone local elaborate and add directions from the train station to the hotel where the convention is being held? Or give an approximate fare to take a cab from one to the other? Thanks.

Michele,

I remember from my college days that you can take the VIA train,

VIA's WEBSITE HERE ! (http://www.viarail.ca/)

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE FAIR FROM OAKVILLE TO ST CATHRINES:

OAKVILLE - ST.CATHARINES, on Friday Jul 15, 2005
Departs: 18:08 Arrives: 19:12 Train: 95
Class: Comfort

ST.CATHARINES - OAKVILLE, on Sunday Jul 17, 2005
Departs: 08:02 Arrives: 09:06 Train: 92
Class: Comfort

Review Fare Rule Fare Comparison
Passenger 1 (Student) $29.96

Service Charge for cancellation = $0.00
Service Charge for exchange = $0.00

Student proof of age (if under 18) or an ISIC Card required to justify discount eligibility
Fare: $28.00 G.S.T./H.S.T.: $1.96 P.S.T.: $0.00 Total: $29.96

Cheers!

sasuke88
04-17-2005, 02:59 PM
hmm... the train station?

let me think, I"m from st. catharines hmm

the train station is located on 5 great western st.

and you want to go to the hotel which is on
QUALITY HOTEL 327 Ontario Street let see

1. go EAST on GREAT WESTERN ST toward AMBROSE ST.
2. Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto ST PAUL ST
3. Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto ST PAUL ST
4. Turn LEFT onto WILLIAM ST
5. Turn LEFT onto KING ST
6. Turn LEFT onto ONTARIO ST

so ya it should probably take 15-20 min drive, as for fare can't help you too much

but what I wanted to suggest is for people to take a coach bus

especially if your a student its really cheap ( as well if u have an isus card) u can get discounts.

and since the MTO of ontario is located in St. Catharines, the coach stops in the city bus terminal

note I think cost from toronto to St, catharines one way should be less than 30$ so about 25 ish

and when u get off just go on the NUMBER 2 bus which goes on Ontario ST.

and within 10 mins you'll pass by the Hotel, you know for sure cause its a pretty nice building, they actually did renovations to the entrance, so its pretty nice

and if your not sure of the stop, u can just ask the bus driver, they are usually really nice people

so ya that is in my opinion the cheapest ways going to st. catharines

note the only reason why I would suggest Via rail, is because of the time factor

I find taking a bus from Toronto ( down town) to St. Cathaines it takes about 2 hours
cause they make stops in Grimbsy, Beamsville etc... before actually stoping in St. Catharines, but

than again the time I took the bus it was during rush hour about 4:00 pm

so ya if you take a morning bus or a early afternoon bus , I really don't think you will have any problems with the traffic,

cause the fact is how many people will actually be taking a bus at 10:00 in the morning to st. catharines, or beamsville

well ya
that's what I have to offer

hope that helps

Believed
04-17-2005, 07:13 PM
So there is a way to get from Toronto by bus, sweet. This makes getting there easier!

Freedom
04-17-2005, 10:22 PM
Wow that was so hard to read. Ok. The train should stop at the via rail station on Great Western, which is pretty much tucked in corner behind the TRW plant. From there, you can just head towards the Walmart/Bestbuy plaza at 4th Ave and Vansickle Rd, turn right, past the Ridley Plaza/Square, all the way down over the highway overpass, then hang a left. That puts you on Ontario St., and the hotel is in the first plaza on your left.
Piece of cake.

Edgar Strife
07-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Quick question
is there any way to get to ST.CATHARINES where GCAF is from Hamilton either from Bus or Train?

Freedom
07-12-2005, 09:36 AM
You'd have take a Greyhound or something, but there's definately a bus that runs between the Hammer and St. Catharines. It'll drop you off downtown, and from there you can just look at the map or ask the unfriendly jerk at the counter which bus to take to Ontario St.

Edgar Strife
07-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Alright, thanks alot Freedom.