PDA

View Full Version : xenogears question

Ayaka
01-10-2003, 04:26 PM
I am, on the recommendation of Recca and Psyth, trying to pick up a copy of Xenogears. But, I got kinda cofused by the eBay listings; could someone help me pick which auction to bid on? ^^;;; *feels stupid*

makio
01-10-2003, 07:58 PM
Personally, I *try* to buy items from eBay bidders that are domestic or local to my area (save for anime/CDs) and without any reserves... but anyway, here's some decent ones:
Item # 1950729382
Item # 1950593514
Item # 1950895174

...good luck!

psythe
01-10-2003, 09:04 PM
Brand New from EB: 42.99

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=152239

psythe
01-10-2003, 09:11 PM
or Playonline: 39.95

http://www.squaresoft.com/playonline/

Setzer
01-10-2003, 10:06 PM
hmmm personally id recommend the special edition with the fei or elly box...

if your just in it for the game..just get a regular..

Recca-kun
01-10-2003, 10:10 PM
Millenium Editions are Japanese versions though, she needs a US one first. ;)

psythe
01-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Correct. Although I'd like to get them anyway now :)

Setzer
01-10-2003, 10:13 PM
just be ready to read.... i love it... i cant wait to finally be able to understand xenosaga...(yes i bought it....yes i cant read anything....yes im dumb....yes im getting a usa version... )

Ayaka
01-10-2003, 10:39 PM
Why are there two different covers? There's one with the rather attractive guy (lol ^^;) and then one with a mech. oO Is there any difference between the two?

And yeah, I have to get domestic cause a) I can't spend more on a fancy version, I've never played it and b) I'm not set up to play imports (my system OR my language skills lol).

Thanks muchly for the help ^^

psythe
01-10-2003, 10:45 PM
If you buy a copy from playonline.com for 40 bucks that is the honest original copy of Xenogears. with Fei(im guessing the attractive guy) on the cover.

Ayaka
01-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Playonline's shop wasn't working for me. Got a weird string of code. But the one at EB is also that cover, (guy with black hair and a white shirt with blue trim), so maybe I'll pay the extra $2.99 and get it from there. Besides, if they ship in 24 hours, that means I can start playing it when I go on my break. :D

Recca-kun
01-10-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Setzer
just be ready to read.... i love it... i cant wait to finally be able to understand xenosaga...(yes i bought it....yes i cant read anything....yes im dumb....yes im getting a usa version... ) *Points above his desk to the Xenogears Millenium Edition Elly Version and Xenosaga Limited Edition boxes* We're not stupid, we're fanatics! :D

psythe
01-11-2003, 09:35 AM
*shakes fist at Recca and Setzer*

one day I shall own them.....one day.....

:bigtu:

psythe
01-11-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Ayaka
Playonline's shop wasn't working for me. Got a weird string of code. But the one at EB is also that cover, (guy with black hair and a white shirt with blue trim), so maybe I'll pay the extra $2.99 and get it from there. Besides, if they ship in 24 hours, that means I can start playing it when I go on my break. :D

Yaay! ^_^

Score another Xeno fan! :D

*scurries off to handle babel tower*

Mizuho
01-12-2003, 01:48 AM
Oh man! You're looking at the one of the best RPGs ever. Sadly, didn't get much publicity...

I wish I had the release with the Elly/Chu Chu figurine.

:D

Freya
01-12-2003, 10:57 AM
Xenogears is sooooooooo good! I can't wait till Xenosaga finally gets released.

(Now must decide whether its worth it to cosplay Elly or not)

Zephyrs
01-12-2003, 11:13 AM
mmm, Xenogears. I'm going to have to play through it again soon, but probably not before Xenosaga (which comes out the day before my birthday, woo!)

I totally lucked out, I picked up my Xenogears new for $35 at EB a while back... too bad us Americans never seem to get the good game accessories, although you bet I'm going to bother all the game stores in the mall for their Xenosaga displays :)

Recca-kun
01-12-2003, 05:32 PM
Oh man, I already reserved my display. :D

FYI, Gamestop and EB stores are doing pre-order specials on Xenosaga where you get a chaos lithograph when you pre-order which is one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time (I will cosplay chaos soon...), and then if you order from Gamestop you get a KOS-MOS t-shirt on pick-up or an artbook if it's from EB.
Apparently not all the stores know about this the last time I checked though so look around a bit; I went and harrassed Babbages but they were clueless, then I went to Funcoland (which to me is like asking Mordor for the One Ring) and saw the display there but they didn't have the special things in yet so I reserved and will harrass until they do. I have a somewhat humorous text recreation of those dialogues for anyone who wants to read about a crazed fan looking for something that no one knows about. ;)

Mizuho
01-13-2003, 01:16 AM
Ooooo! Can I reserve a display at a place near me? :D

XENOSAGA! YAY! Do you know when the last day is to pre-order to get a Lithograph? T-shirt? Art book? *_*

Recca-kun
01-13-2003, 02:13 AM
No clue, but I'd say go harrass your local Gamestop or EB store because lithographs are while supplies last. And if they do have a display up for the game, ask if you can reserve or purchase it. Can't hurt. ;)

Zephyrs
01-13-2003, 05:52 PM
oh man oh man I am so going to the mall ASAP to reserve... need pre-ordering goodies ^^ Too bad it's not Software ETC, I got free WA3 promo goddies from them just by asking them (I'm sure they don't get a whole lot of rabid fangirls asking for game displays :))

psythe
01-13-2003, 05:57 PM
:bouncer:

Already pre-ordred! Just a month away until the sequel we have been waiting for so long for!!

:bouncer:

Recca-kun
01-13-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by silentduelist
Too bad it's not Software ETC, I got free WA3 promo goddies from them just by asking them FYI Software Etc is a Gamestop store, along with Babbages and Funcoland. If they aren't doing it yet then their store is just slow in receiving information (or needs some physical threats).

Zephyrs
01-19-2003, 01:08 PM
I just went yesteday to reserve Xenosaga at Software Etc (didn't know all 4 stores were the same - I thought Funcoland and Gamestop were their own group ^^) and got the lithograph which is on my wall right now and will get the t-shirt too. and the guy at the counter also was really cool and gave me a big promo poster just cause he's cool WOO! Now to make room on the wall to hang it up...

Recca-kun
01-19-2003, 04:27 PM
Oh man, your guy is cool. ;_; All the people around here are either idiots or jerks.