PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Ohio

NecromanticChii
04-17-2005, 03:05 PM
I think, that we should hold cosplay get togethers. Not a full blown out convention, but where we set up places for people to meet and cosplay. I think it would be good, for new cosplayers, as well as older cosplayers. We could even set it up somewhere, where there is a gamming place. *example is gameworks* I mean more experianced cosplayers can share what they have learned about cosplaying, to the younger generation. That and everyone could also discuss anime, manga, and japanese related subjects. It is just a thought, please post what you think. ^_^

marsie
04-18-2005, 05:15 PM
I have been saying this for a long time!!!!

I second this motion!

NecromanticChii
04-19-2005, 07:54 AM
well now we are both saying it. ^_^

Miyabi-
04-19-2005, 03:16 PM
The only problem with Gameworks is that they have a dress code and if our costumes attract too much attention they can ask us to leave. >_< (We checked into this because I was gonna celebrate my birthday there)

I've always liked the idea of a picnic at the Botanical Gardens on E.Broad St. ^_^ Everyone can bring a dish and we can just goof off and take pictures.

Isis Ishtar
04-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Actually, it's funny you've mentioned this...

Chibiusa and I have actually been planning a big Ohio Cosplay picnic for June, probaly to be held at a nature park like Highbanks or Darby Creek, although the Botanical gardens (do you mean Franklin Park Conservatory?). It'll most likely be sometime in early June, probably the weekend of 10-12...but we haven't announced it yet because we don't have all the details together yet ^^;;; But it IS being planned, so stay tuned...

Also, we're going to be organizing an Ohio Cosplay Club to have monthly meetings and seasonal events ...more info on that will be coming soon, too ^_^

NecromanticChii
04-20-2005, 07:55 AM
Well I was only using gameworks as an example. It doesnot have to be there. As for something in June, I am all for that, but I just hope it is not between the 13-22. I think that I am going to be in Texas during that time. And maybe we can plan more, for the summer, at various parks, and places. ^_^ who knows.

Bahzi
04-20-2005, 04:17 PM
Actually, it's funny you've mentioned this...

Chibiusa and I have actually been planning a big Ohio Cosplay picnic for June, probaly to be held at a nature park like Highbanks or Darby Creek, although the Botanical gardens (do you mean Franklin Park Conservatory?). It'll most likely be sometime in early June, probably the weekend of 10-12...but we haven't announced it yet because we don't have all the details together yet ^^;;; But it IS being planned, so stay tuned...

Also, we're going to be organizing an Ohio Cosplay Club to have monthly meetings and seasonal events ...more info on that will be coming soon, too ^_^

I wouldn't recommend having it that weekend, as that's the weekend of Colossalcon, and most of the people from the columbus/cleveland boards will be attending that to my knowledge.

Miyabi-
04-20-2005, 08:49 PM
I think it's the Franklin Conservitory (the one that's having the butterfly exhibit) I don't know the names of many places in Columbus just the general areas. ^_^

An Ohio cosplay club is an excellent idea! We can get more events organized under an actual organization.

supergeekgirl
04-20-2005, 09:17 PM
I think, that we should hold cosplay get togethers. Not a full blown out convention, but where we set up places for people to meet and cosplay. I think it would be good, for new cosplayers, as well as older cosplayers. We could even set it up somewhere, where there is a gamming place. *example is gameworks* I mean more experianced cosplayers can share what they have learned about cosplaying, to the younger generation. That and everyone could also discuss anime, manga, and japanese related subjects. It is just a thought, please post what you think. ^_^

I'm new to this site, but I thought I would try to keep in touch with the Columbus cosplayers as that's where I live when I'm not in college. So... hello... I hope I'm welcome here. *hides behind online pseudonym*

chibiusa
04-23-2005, 11:27 PM
lol yes!! like MapleCroix said, we're going to try to start a cosplay club for ohio cosplayers, just to plan fun stuff to do together XD we're trying to get a picnic organized, like she said, but it looks like we'll have to rethink the date lol! If anyone's interested, we're OCHA (stands for ohio cosplay is hugely awesome XD) and we've just started a LJ community for those of you who have LJ :D (username: _ocha) hopefully we can get some cool things planned out!

Bobbi
04-25-2005, 09:57 PM
If the events are longer and worthwhile, I'd be able to come to some picnics and stuff this summer providing there's other people up in the Cleveland area to ride down with. I have huge car issues. In order to get people from further away in the state to come, you'd need to have longer events. Not just a 2-3 hour thing. All day would be great and very worthwhile I think.

I would definately not have it the weekend of Colossal Con. =/ Most people are going to be attending that con.

Hikaruchan
04-27-2005, 01:34 AM
Yes, have it be an all day event on like a Saturday and you might even get out of staters (like me) to come. I currently live in TN, and went to an all day Alabama cosplay picnic - and when I move to Ky in coming months I would probably be willing to drive to all day weekend events in Ohio.

Isis Ishtar
04-27-2005, 07:32 AM
We are going to change the picnic to another weekend because of ColossalCon.

And yes, the picnic is definitly planned to be an all-day thing and the other events we are thinking about will also be all day.

Paul Soth
04-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Hmm, I dissapear for a bit, and all this happens.

Hell, at the least the extra time I have allowed me to see this.

NecromanticChii
04-29-2005, 07:32 AM
Supergeekgirl, you are welcomed. It is nice to meet new people who are into some of the same things that you are into. ^_^. As for the picknic weekend being moved, cool. ^_^ I will be out of state at that time, down in Texas. I would like to keep in touch with all of you, so we can all plan things out. As for the LJ, I like that, my username on there is Lucillia. Pual, welcome back it has been a while. XP I dont know when you are going to move the picknic to, but I will try to attend it. (Being able to is pending on the date that it is held.) I think the OCHA is a good idea. *congrats* As for events, there could also just be some fun things to do. ^_^ I mean if it is outside you can do some different thins than you can while inside. I am glad to see how many people are interested in these ideas though. ^_^

marsie
05-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Well I know that there is the Park of Roses. That would be awesome with the roses in full bloom.

There is also Bicentenial Park that has that super cool fountain area with mythical creatures all around.

And Innis Woods which is where all the Prom goers go to get pictures. There are tons of rocky areas and greenery.

June is also AnimeNext, so that might be a problem as well.

My house is always open for meetings. I live on the Eastside of Columbus right off 70 so it is easy to get to.

can someone give the link to the LJ. I would love to help you all get started.

supergeekgirl
05-01-2005, 08:36 PM
I think the Park of Roses would be fun. I like the idea of the Conservatory, though. Would we be allowed to do it there?

Also, does anyone here go to other fandom cons? I'll be at Marcon on the 27-29 May if anyone else is going.

marsie
05-02-2005, 07:48 AM
I am not sure how much the conservatory would allow. I just hate paying to get in there.

I'd much rather do something free....

NecromanticChii
05-03-2005, 07:58 AM
who knows, they may allow it. ^_^

marsie
05-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Just called the conservator. As long as we don't "climb like monkeys" and stay off the plants and other items there, we are allowed.

But again...the paying thing.

InnisWoods or even Blendon woods would be easy choices. I was there the other day and the flowers are just starting to come out. The rock garden is nice a clean and the various paths are looking awesome.

Also- A Japanese Shrine and Teahouse in...WESTERVILLE!! I found out there was one for sale. they want 300,000 for it. If I wasn't so poor, I'd grab that up quick like.

LittleAki
05-04-2005, 10:36 PM
Wow this would be really awesome! I'm totally for the idea, especially if you guys keep it going :D
I have to move to Columbus next year and it'd be awesome to be able to go to stuff like this all the time ^_^ Then maybe moving down there wouldn't be so scary! T_T
I'd even go to anything this year, if I can make it :D

NecromanticChii
05-07-2005, 12:22 PM
I think that the Park, will be nice. Littleaki, don't be scared to move here. ^_^

marsie
05-12-2005, 03:20 PM
According to the live journal the event is set for:

June 10th at the park of Roses.

edgeskater
05-12-2005, 09:12 PM
According to the live journal the event is set for:

June 10th at the park of Roses.
Can anybody show I probably have to work but if not it would be cool to meet some of the other columbus cosplayers...

Splenda
05-13-2005, 12:50 AM
You guys do know that that's the same day Colossalcon up in Cleveland starts right? I think you might have a lower turnout because of it... You should all come up for Colossalcon anyways, it's a lot of fun, and should be about 2 hours away!

NecromanticChii
05-13-2005, 07:49 AM
I think I will be able to make it. ^_^

supergeekgirl
05-13-2005, 01:40 PM
I'll be there with bells on (perhaps literally... you never know '_' ).

NecromanticChii
05-15-2005, 02:39 PM
lol, you should come wearing bells. ^_^

Miyabi-
05-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I'll be at Colossal that day...boo! I really wanted to get a picnic or something started. ^_^

Awww and LittleAki don't be scared of Columbus! Columbus is fun! There's always tons of stuff to do and the shopping there is awesome!

NecromanticChii
05-19-2005, 08:41 AM
not to mention we are al drinming coffee as a general rule, to keep going throughout the day. ^_^ lmao *friend running around right now*

marsie
05-19-2005, 08:32 PM
dunno if I will be able to afford Colossal. Since I have to do Anime Next and Otakon.

We shall see. Otherwise I'll be at the Columbus event!

NecromanticChii
05-21-2005, 12:33 PM
well I hope you can get to Colossal, if not I hope to see you at columbus. ^_^

Isis Ishtar
05-22-2005, 08:48 AM
Hey Guys -

Right now we are trying to decide the location and the date of the picnic. These are the two choices and we need your input so we can do this fairly:

1. June 11th or June 12th?
2. Park of Roses of Battelle Darby Metro Park?

If you could tell us what you'd prefer, it'd be greatly appreciated ^^ We'll ahev the final plans up sometime this week :D

And about ColossalCon being the same weekend: we were not originally aiming for a big turnout. What we're aiming for is just a nice, personable picnic with friends, and we just decided to open it up to the general public as well. So we're not trying to get a lot of people, and we'd still do it and be happy with it even if we only had 10 ^^

GiaKohana
05-22-2005, 05:49 PM
As usual...late to the thread, but it sounds like a great idea! I went over and joined the lj community [I'm Fleurette over there] so I can keep up!

NecromanticChii
05-24-2005, 08:26 AM
Well it doesn't matter if you are late as long as you get here. ^_^ (lol)

Paul Soth
06-02-2005, 12:52 AM
We still doing this?

supergeekgirl
06-08-2005, 07:31 AM
Guess not... I can't. Unfortunately, I have to work. I couldn't take the day off because I never had definate information (i.e. time, place, perhaps even date). Oh, well...

marsie
06-09-2005, 08:12 PM
I think we are? I need to know SOON!