PDA

View Full Version : Zabuza has Pointy Teeth... I do not... any suggestions?

TheTjaricOne
04-18-2005, 08:08 PM
Hey everybody, Im doing a zabuza costume for animeNEXT and It has come to my attention that he has pointy teeth. Being a human, I do not. I was wondering if anyone has cosplayed as him and has found a solution to this or if anyone has other suggestions. They are not fangs but just... pointy. *Googles Zabuza* Any help is much appriciated, I tend to be a perfectionist about this stuff and i'm really brainstorming about this one. Thanks a lot!

veePLUS
04-19-2005, 09:47 PM
wow, that's like crazy perfectionist! i never even noticed his pointy teeth haha. the only thing i can think of besides buying halloween vampire teeth is to make some out of plaster or something? sorry i can't be of more help :/

buzzola
04-20-2005, 02:10 AM
I found a tutorial on how to make fangs here (http://www.shades-of-night.com/painneck/fangfile.html). I'm not sure how expensive and/or tricky this would be, or even if they'd work for just pointy teeth, but short of getting them professionally made I can't really think of much else.

Zaul
04-20-2005, 05:28 AM
you could always invite me around, i have a nice power sander :) should do the job ...
U can buy false teeth on Ebay that are spikey :)

Buster
04-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Oh gawd.... making fangs out of polymer and then putting them in you mouth? Sounds like a can of worms to me... but Zaul is right, last time I cheked, anyway....(about both Ebay and the power sander, heh heh....) BWA HA HA HA HA! Careful not to bite your lips, though. Yowch.

astillar
04-21-2005, 09:46 PM
wow, that's like crazy perfectionist! i never even noticed his pointy teeth haha. the only thing i can think of besides buying halloween vampire teeth is to make some out of plaster or something? sorry i can't be of more help :/

Actually, the vampire tangent isn't that far off. I remember one Halloween, I went as a vampire. The local costume shop had this compound specifically for making false teeth like vampires. You would leave it in boiling water for a few minutes, then pull it out and place it on your teeth. It's hot, but not painful. It's moldable while it's warm, so you can pinch and shape the compound so that each tooth has a point to it. Then the compound cools and hardens. As long as your teeth are clean and you don't try eating or going psycho-carnivore, the compound stays in place for a good few hours. And it's reusable, from what I remember. Of course, I only used it on my four canines; a mouthful of sharkteeth might be uncomfortable. The stuff might be hard to find this time of year, but it is out there.
Alginate works pretty good, but that can be hard to acquire also, unless you have a dentist among your personal friends. Or a good sculpting store. The only problem with that is that I don't know how you would anchor the alginate to your teeth. And Plaster of Paris is simply too brittle to work. It'd chip and break the first time you closed your jaw. And saliva would just make it weaker.

takanori
04-21-2005, 10:47 PM
You are a perfectionist!
But Zabusa rarely shows his teeth, and you also won't need to smile for photos.
...unless you want to give people an evil smile or go rabid and chase people around in a massacre like he does? ^0^

avskull
04-22-2005, 01:07 AM

Dental plaster? hehe pre-made one might be better. Everyone’s mouth is different but you might be able to find an over the shelf costume fangs. i second the Halloween costuming store idea

Crimson Deity
04-22-2005, 05:02 PM
I'll third a costume shop. The above link sounds interesting, but very difficult--even aquiring those things would be difficult!
I bought a vampire teeth kit after halloween for about $15-$20. It came with 2 (but you can get a set with four) nice, realistic in color fangs that were partially hollow and and thermoplastic. You melt the thermoplastic in hot water, shove part of it into the top of the fang, and stick your tooth (well, teeth because you extend the compound towards the back of your mouth a little ways so they stay in better)in. You wait for them to cool and you have fangs custom molded to your mouth. Afterwards, you can sand them a bit to change the shape if you like; I didn't much because I liked the shape, but you might be able to get the look you want--I don't know what the teeth of the character you are refering to are like, however. Anyway, the teeth are reusable and it's very easy to talk with them in. To eat, you just spit them out and can put them right back in after with no glue or anything. If you do damage the partial plate (part that you molded to your mouth), you can re-melt it and fit it again.
I don't know if that method will work for you exactly, but it's easy and you could probablt find the teeth online cheaper then I did when it's not halloween. I can look up the exact name of the type of vampire teeth, if need be!

Falchion
04-27-2005, 12:15 AM
Hmmmm, try using one of those cheap vampire teeth things you find at any novelty store and sand 'em down to a smaller blunter point sso you won't end up needing stitches when you get nervous (Assumign you bite your lower lip like some people).

TheTjaricOne
04-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Teeth of doom... Im thinking I may just ditch the teeth and keep my bandages pulled extra tight. Thanks for all the help guys. I looked into a lot of the things suggested and it helped alot. Now i'm moving on to the sword issue... oh god...
I've never crafted a "cloud-esque" big ass sword so I'm open for any suggestions on this one.

gamergirlx
04-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Sorry, can't help with the sword, my friends have just used cardboard, and I'm only planning on making smaller swords, but most Zabuza's I've seen use a good stiff foam and carve it to shape.

If you're still accepting suggestions for teeth. Vampfangs.com has some pretty interesting veneers and this maybe closer and easier than casting your entire mouth: Vampfangs Great White Veneers (http://www.vampfangs.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=34&products_id=111) Hope that helps. :)

StarkidDraco
07-19-2011, 07:03 AM
I friend of mine did a soul cosplay and this is how she told me to do it

The teeth were made out of Sculpey Clay, used to make a base like a Mouth Gourd? You simply make it soft, and mold it around your teeth before leaving the shape to cook for 15 minutes in the oven. When moulding, make sure it is quite thick, so when you file it down, you can prevent it from cracking too much.

As for the teeth, fake nails were used to apply on afterwards. They are more secure, and realistic looking. If you need further tips, let me know.

They took me around a week of perfection and application.

nyditch
07-20-2011, 01:56 AM
There's an option that would cost about $15 and isn't too difficult. You can use Shapelock or other brands of this type of plastic. I found a tutorial on how to do fangs here:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6673435_homemade-vampire-fangs.html

You can use this stuff: http://www.amazon.com/InstaMorph-Moldable-Plastic-6-oz/dp/B004MFLU4Y/ref=pd_sim_ac_6
It'd be plenty to do the job and it's only about $10.

Then some denture adhesive if necessary, which I imagine probably isn't too expensive.

The plastic is re-usable, so if it doesn't turn out right the first try, you can re-melt it and try again.

Myzanaki
07-20-2011, 07:02 AM
veneers are probly the easiest and safest ways to go. http://www.dentaldistortions.com/ . For zabuza i would suggest a pair of the unstained gremlin. It might not be the cheapest method, but it saves time

Also there is a pair of Grell veneers, which the occasionaly restock from time to time so if you want those check them out

DeadOnTheInside
10-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Hey everybody, Im doing a zabuza costume for animeNEXT and It has come to my attention that he has pointy teeth. Being a human, I do not. I was wondering if anyone has cosplayed as him and has found a solution to this or if anyone has other suggestions. They are not fangs but just... pointy. *Googles Zabuza* Any help is much appriciated, I tend to be a perfectionist about this stuff and i'm really brainstorming about this one. Thanks a lot!

Zabuza's teeth are really similalr to Soul's, from the anime soul eater.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1979182/

THese are made of sculpey, which is quite cheap, but this migth not work for all, I have'nt yet tried to make mine yet.

If you can't manage to make them, or can't find any sculpey, hust but bandages around his mouth, like when he first apears in the series.