PDA

View Full Version : Help! Tasukete! Socorro!

Legato/Machan
05-12-2002, 09:23 PM
hi guys, since I don't live in US it would be useless to ask where to find it but I want to know this: what is the name of the material that is a imitation of those shinning leathers?

Philia Philis
05-12-2002, 10:14 PM
Do you mean pleather? ^^

Legato/Machan
05-13-2002, 06:45 PM
Well, I really don't know the name, but vinyl is very familliar one. Is that a good one to use? Is there any other?

Legato/Machan

Rosiel
05-13-2002, 06:51 PM
> Is that a good one to use? Is there any other?

It depends what you are making... it flows better than patent leather and you can get some which is 4 way stretch so if you want /tight/ tight, vinyl is easier to deal with.

If you need something stiffer, that has more shape to it, then patent is better. Plus it looks more like actual leather.

MegaMako
05-13-2002, 08:39 PM
Oh yeah! That is for sure. ^^

I have just purchased lots of Vinyl!.. Super shinny, super stretchy! Super HOT!! ^^

But I would not have it any other way! :D

Muwahahah!!:crylaugh:

Rosiel
05-13-2002, 08:41 PM
> I have just purchased lots of Vinyl!..

I started to cut my costume and I ran out. >_<
I thought I'd have enough but I didn't plan for the trailing back... I need to get quite a few more yards. >_<

> Super shinny, super stretchy! Super HOT!! ^^

In more ways than one. ;)

Philia Philis
05-13-2002, 08:53 PM
Here's a slightly dumb question!
Where is a good place to buy vinyl?? They don't have it at any of the fabric stores I go to, and I need to get some QUICK. ;_;

Philia Philis
05-13-2002, 09:04 PM
Ooh, they have so much stretchy stuff. *_* Thankies muchly!

Legato/Machan
05-13-2002, 09:04 PM
Is vinyl expensive? I don't know if I will find it very easily adn if I don't find it easily i think it will be expensive. So what is the avarage price for vinyl?

Legato/Machan

Rosiel
05-13-2002, 09:12 PM
> Is vinyl expensive?

Here (in the US) I found it between $10 (cheap!) and $20 (boo!) a yard. Buying it in stores tend to be more expensive (as are stranger colors like gold lame) while buying it online is cheaper.

You also have to see whether you want it 2-way or 4-way stretch since that sometimes impact on the price as well.

Adella
05-13-2002, 09:48 PM
oo spandex... stretchy................

Mei Lan Chang
05-16-2002, 03:16 PM
Just a word of warning, though vinyl/pleather/leather/rubber/latex...whatever, may LOOK good (ya know how it makes you look all shiny and sexy^_^) I must say, I don't think sweat stains are very attractive. Which unfortunatly seems to be inevitable with that stuff! It's so fri'kin hot!!! It feels like being wrapped in seram wrap! Isn't there anyway to get the look without the scorching heat?!

MegaMako
05-16-2002, 05:53 PM
Well, I guess you can always go for the waterproof rubber! Then you can just jump into the fountain or pool every now and then. :D

Yeah.. I just hope that they have good air conditioning like last year. :eek:

I only have a few super hot costumes this year.. ^^ The rest are nice and breezy! :)