PDA

View Full Version : KH Aerith Pattern

Mystic Blossom
04-20-2005, 09:29 AM
Hi, everybody! Right after Anime Boston, I'll be getting started on my KH Aerith costume. Usually I alter patterns, so does anyone know of any patterns that I can alter? If not, what's the best way to make the pattern on my own? I've been told it's not immensely difficult to make the pattern, but I would still like to alter an existing one if it's possible. Thanks!

GorgeousAstro
04-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Umm, I don't quite know what you mean, but just find any dress pattern that has straps, and you can alter it if it doesn't have the V-neck going on, and if it doesn't have buttons (ex: the front piece of the dress needs to be cut on the fold of the fabric) then cut two pieces for the front (a left and right side) with about 3/8" extra to be used for a lining for the buttons. Then, find some magenta ribbon and sew it around the bottom hem, the button holes and buttons (add the ribbon before working on the buttons), the neck, and the straps.

Since you're going to AB, if we happen to run into each other (I'll be FFVII Aeris with a dress similar to KH's Aerith--check out the icon) I'll give you a better explanation and the pattern I used for the dress. :3 (It has darts, but I'll explain to you there how to avoid tracing and sewing them if you don't already know)

taryn
04-21-2005, 06:51 PM
I used Simplicty #5550 for my KH Aeris dress.

Jenphi
05-20-2005, 05:18 PM
I think you'd do well with any fitted dress pattern with buttons up the front. My FFVII Aeris has sleeves under the jacket, but I don't think anybody will notice...

zipperhead535
09-24-2007, 07:57 PM
I used Simplicty #5550 for my KH Aeris dress.

Yours turned out really cute! Which letter in the pattern did you use?