PDA

View Full Version : FFX Stuff

Yahiko
01-11-2003, 07:45 AM
What do you think are the best materials to use for FFX characters? Particullarly a Tidus costume? :confused:

Koumori
01-11-2003, 07:48 AM
That's a pretty broad question. Every character's outfit is made of different materials. Tidus' overalls appear to me to be leather; his shirt looks to me to be some kind of sweatshirt type material, both with assorted zippers and snaps and buckles.

Yahiko
01-11-2003, 07:56 AM
eerrr...how about the other props like his Sword(Brother Sword) and the Gauntlet like thingy on his left arm?

Collie
01-11-2003, 12:59 PM
Try either wood or plexiglass...... (Plexiglass has it's ups and downs though. It's up is that it's clear, and it's down is that if you don't make it think enough then it'll wobble when you move it, lol.)

Wood would probably work best for his arm thing, unless you have access to metal and such.
~*~Collie~*~

WeissMatsuei89
01-11-2003, 03:04 PM
Well I have a friend that once made Cloud's sword out of wood and it was pretty cool. A lot of the pants you maybe can go but saome pants and change em a bit.

Mandy Mitchell
01-12-2003, 02:03 AM
You can use yellow and black vinyl for Tidus's costume. I used a lot of black vinyl to mimic black leather on my Rikku costume.

Yuna
01-12-2003, 08:57 PM
yeah, I would say vinyl as well considering he does swim in it, that would REALLY ruin leather, plus leather is uber expensive, so I wouldn't really tread down that path.

heki-chan
01-14-2003, 12:14 AM
For the tidus costume I made, I used stiff black pleather (fake leather; vinyl-ly stuff) for the vest and the shorts :)

The jacket was made out of regular yellow-cotton material with the “ribs” handput in X_X; the hoodie was made out of thick sweatshirt material for body:)

As for the “gauntlet” thingies on his arm, we used plastic and spraypainted it, punched holes into each side and handstitiched it on to the “chainmail” <-- wasn’t really chainmail, I just found some cool blue/clear plastic fabric that looked like it a lot ^_^

As for the Brotherhood (the waterblade) Andy used thick sheets of acetate, bandsawed it to shape. Sprayed it with “glass-work” paint so its seethru-ish, then constructed the amazing dragonhead detailing out of….foamcore sheets…marbles..and tons of hotgluegun^_^

If u need more help, feel free to email me or PM me or something^_^

Piccies of the Tidus costume (sorrie its so small....):

http://sma.adaelis.com/an2/sa08.jpg

http://sma.adaelis.com/an2/sa09.jpg

Koumori
01-15-2003, 06:23 AM
Now that is a NICE-looking costume, Heki!

heki-chan
01-15-2003, 05:21 PM
thanks!^0^ too bad he dusnt want to wear it anymore tho......:thumbsup:

Yahiko
01-17-2003, 05:17 AM
thanks for the help guys! thanks heki-chan ^^

The Tidus costume in the pic is nice, though its pretty hard to make... :p

Ali-kun
01-17-2003, 07:05 PM
Heh, I don't have anything to contribute to the original purpose of this thread, but I love the costumes featured in those photos (not just Tidus but Lulu and Wakka as well ^_^)

Koumori
01-17-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by heki-chan
thanks!^0^ too bad he dusnt want to wear it anymore tho......:thumbsup:

What? Why not? What's WRONG with him??? ;)

minakosama16
01-29-2003, 06:16 PM
um.....i have a few things, but they are not about tidus, they are about lulu, could someone help me with the belt thing, i have the rest of the costume done 0.0 but i am stimmped with the belts.

schalke
02-18-2003, 07:40 AM
hello again...can u give me some tips on how to make the dragon head part of tidus' sword??? (brotherhood) i have a hard time figuring out on what to use. :bouncer:

TsubasaNoKami
03-19-2003, 03:01 PM
the head? Eh...make it from wood too...just make the WHOLE swords, the head and all, then paint it and like...glaze it..o.o;

Koumori
03-19-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by minakosama16
um.....i have a few things, but they are not about tidus, they are about lulu, could someone help me with the belt thing, i have the rest of the costume done 0.0 but i am stimmped with the belts.

Why not use real belts? Hit every Salvation Army and secondhand store in town and buy up all the old leather belts they have, then weave & sew them together.