PDA

View Full Version : "Sin City" Cosplayers

Eurobeat King
04-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Hey everyone,

I plan to cosplay as Kevin (played by Elijah Wood) from the live-action "Sin City" movie and wanted to see if anyone else was planning to cosplay any of the characters from the movie. I plan to debut him at SanDiegoComicCon in July, and Dragoncon would be the other sci-fi/movie con that I would feel comfy cosplaying him at. I love the movie, and I figure it's only going to be a matter of time before people start cosplaying some of the characters (Miho's character might be the next GoGo-cosplayer that you see a lot of at cons..) And a friend of mine said she might cosplay as Nancy Callahan at some con this year.. ;)

But just checking to see if anyone else was thinking about cosplaying as a Sin City character, and if so it'd be great to get pics together. (If someone cosplayed Marv I'd definitely do some fighting (and aftermath!) pics) ;)

reannaremick
04-22-2005, 10:10 PM
There is a HUGE Sin City group coming up from Orlando and I will also be there with my Nancy Callahan (if you wanna see the WIP it's in my gallery) and I know I will have a Hartigan and a Marv at the very least. I'm not sure of the Orlando roster just yet.

Eurobeat King
04-23-2005, 12:02 AM
Renn: Awesome!! :D Thanks for sharing that, and I'll be sure to take pics of the SC group come the con, and perhaps pose with them for pics if that's okay. As I said it'd be great to get some fighting poses with a Marv. Your Nancy costume looks great so far, and I'll besure to take pics of you when it's completed come D-con. :) I need to start gathering the stuff for Kevin, as other cons are coming soon and I need to work on it before those conventions distract me! hehe :thumbsup: I know Kevin isn't Asian, but since his hair appears black in the film (shot in B&W) that saves me time & $$! ;)

PsychoShinji
04-25-2005, 02:55 PM
OMG! Al! What are the odds? I too am planning on cosplaying Kevin for D-Con! ^__^ I harbor some serious Elijah-Obsession so it was only a matter of time til I started with his characters. @_@ Time for more dual-Shinji photo ops, I'm thinking. Unfortunately I didn't get to go to Katsucon because of my first year in college, but D-Con is on for sure.

Hehe, I am glad that you are cosplaying Kevin regardless of the fact that he's not Asian; I mean, he's got a sleek, shorter build so he's perfect for anyone who's not MARV-CRAZY-MUSCLE-BULK! Ironically enough, my friend Emma is cosplaying Miho with me and she is caucasian. ^_^ I have another friend who was thinking of going as Jackie-boy with his head all screwed up LOL.

I'll be looking for you! I can't wait to see. ^_^
I'm also going as:
- Shinji (of course)
- Frodo, Raver Frodo
- Harry Potter
- and possibly Spider-man

Eurobeat King
04-25-2005, 05:06 PM
PsychoShinji: Hehehe That's cool that you'll be going to D-con as well, S. :) And here I thought you only went to anime cons like Katsucon and Otakon.. And somehow you and I must be seperated-at-birth-Shinji-style since we think alike and cosplay Shinji, and we're going to both cosplay as Kevin from Sin City. :) That'd be kewl to take pics together (as both Shinji and Kevin) and I look forward to seeing your friends cosplay as Miho (I wonder which con will I see the first Miho cosplayer??) and others. Good luck, and I'll see you in September. *hug*

Fyremistress
05-19-2005, 03:34 AM
weve got a few from orlando and tampa going to attempt it.
in full black and white with just certain bits of color if we can pull it off.

Im doing becky. my boi is doing dwight, and we may have a nancy & one more

PsychoShinji
05-19-2005, 05:20 PM
that is so cool! I can't wait to see your costumes and I'm glad to hear that you're going as Becky ^_^ Alexis Bledel rocks, hehe.

yeah, i'm planning on getting some ben nye in a light gray and painting my face and hands with it. The only bit of color on me will be some fake blood and blue eye contacts.

Fyremistress
05-25-2005, 11:06 PM
awesome..
ive got a girl who works for me that does amazing jewelry and im gonna enlist her to do all the cross stuff..

were trying to figure out when to do it...maybe sunday? when are you all gonna play?

ill have to check out the ben nye color. im a ben nye fanatic but wasnt sure if he had a decent color for it

bar1scorpio
06-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Kevin doesn't speak. Kevin doesn't need to speak.

FILTHY HOBBITSES! A whole movie full of Filthy Hobbitses!

Eurobeat King
06-09-2005, 10:25 PM
Plans have changed, and I'm not going to cosplay at Kevin at SDCC or Dragoncon this year. :lost: $$ just going to cons, new camera batteries, and just taking pics in general are already costly enough.. :thumbsup: But I'll still be around all weekend taking pics, so I'll keep an eye out for Sarah and the other c.com members who plan to cosplay "Sin City" that weekend at D-con. :)

JiggyJigen
07-10-2005, 04:43 AM
um if anyone's ever seen my gallery. kevin will most likely be there on my part.

AnaMaria
07-12-2005, 01:15 AM
Hey everyone,

I plan to cosplay as Kevin (played by Elijah Wood) from the live-action "Sin City" movie and wanted to see if anyone else was planning to cosplay any of the characters from the movie. I plan to debut him at SanDiegoComicCon in July, and Dragoncon would be the other sci-fi/movie con that I would feel comfy cosplaying him at. I love the movie, and I figure it's only going to be a matter of time before people start cosplaying some of the characters (Miho's character might be the next GoGo-cosplayer that you see a lot of at cons..) And a friend of mine said she might cosplay as Nancy Callahan at some con this year.. ;)

But just checking to see if anyone else was thinking about cosplaying as a Sin City character, and if so it'd be great to get pics together. (If someone cosplayed Marv I'd definitely do some fighting (and aftermath!) pics) ;)
KEVIN OWNED THAT MOVIE o_O I loved his shoes... LIke.. yeh his character owned me. Anyway when you get pics I would like to see. I was going to do a Nancy costume, but I am not sure I can get to comiccon

Eurobeat King
07-12-2005, 03:18 AM
KEVIN OWNED THAT MOVIE o_O I loved his shoes... LIke.. yeh his character owned me. Anyway when you get pics I would like to see. I was going to do a Nancy costume, but I am not sure I can get to comiccon

Since I won't be cosplaying that weekend, I'll be "always on the move" and take lots of pictures as best I can. :)

reannaremick
08-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Nancy is FINALLY done. All I need is my hat, which my friend is bringing for me. And my Hartigan, lol. He's kind of important too. Can't wait to see other Sin City folks at D*Con - I'll probably be wearing Nancy from 2ish to 7ish on Saturday. Here are pics of the updated costume:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=432249
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=432250

Darth Takeo
08-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Nancy is FINALLY done. All I need is my hat, which my friend is bringing for me. And my Hartigan, lol. He's kind of important too. Can't wait to see other Sin City folks at D*Con - I'll probably be wearing Nancy from 2ish to 7ish on Saturday. Here are pics of the updated costume:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=432249
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=432250
Very well done! Smokin'!
:bigtu: