PDA

View Full Version : Chat "aargh"-ness

Ali-kun
07-15-2002, 08:06 PM
Um, if you are Marisa - I am sorry ^_^;;
mIRC is set up to blink at me now if anything happens while I am not paying attention to it.
Story: I logged on to hang around and see if anyone would come in, and then I was doing something else and while I was away a nice friendly person Marisa came and left, all confused that nothing was happening. Oopsie ^^

Is there anyone who uses the chatroom at all? Of course, a messageboard is perfectly useful for communication, but there are times when (because it is summer and I am lazy and am not attending a convention until Akon 2003 so have no crunch dates to finish costumes) I am bored and want to waste time chatting. Hooray for time-wasters! *L*

...I probably should not have mentioned not having procrastination worries. Now everyone who's frantically trying to finish up stuff for Otakon is going to come mob me X

peacecraft
07-15-2002, 08:34 PM
I pop in and out periodically, but I leave when no one's there, since I'm at work usually.

Quies
07-15-2002, 08:36 PM
when ever i come, no one is ther, so i leave.
if someone was there i'd certainly ru around on it.

pookie-kun
07-15-2002, 10:26 PM
I hung around for a while.. I can't keep my chat client up 24/7 this week cause I'm at moms house and the computer needs shutting down at night ;) Usually when I hang out in a chat I'll stay there and idle, and if I'm not busy doing other things (or sleeping @.@) I'll pop un-idle and chat with someone when they pop in.

Legato/Machan
07-16-2002, 07:46 AM
But guys, what time do you connect to the chat?

quixotic
07-16-2002, 10:47 AM
i would pop into chat, but i'm at work and they watch.

<connected through wearewatchingyou.xxxxxxx.com>

lol, i cracked up when i saw what they named it. i'm usually on AIM though, since many people here do the same. a chat room is a looked at much differently than an IM client hehhe. i'm always up for wasting some time on AIM
:bouncer:

Ali-kun
07-16-2002, 11:17 AM
Woo, yesterday evening there were PEOPLE! And there was RANDOM INSANITY (*coughs* I finally downloaded Minna de Wahaha and it is on crack).

Hmm, I will probably keep doing the same thing and leave the IRC window open while I'm on the computer doing something else...my free time would usually be in the evening but tonight, no, I'm going to go meet an online friend (excitement) but tomorrow if you want to stalk me down try the chatroom some time after 6 or so ^_^

If Alicorn is there, poke at her and say hi, and I will come and bestow random insanity upon you. Unless you'd rather help me with it, which is more fun anyway.

quixotic - *snorks* They seriously named it that? That's SO exciting...if you are seriously bored you can attack me on AIM if you want too, I'm Alic0rn and since it is SUMMER I am usually not doing anything important that would make me averse to wasting more time talking to random people ^_~

Just, uh, make sure you tell me you are cosplay.com person so that you don't scare me o_O; I occasionally get random weird people IMing me. It's considerably less than cool.

Ayaka
07-16-2002, 07:12 PM
YAY! Minna de Wahaha! You should find a way to come to AX next year, or I'll come to AKon, cause I am SO doing that at karaoke as soon as I can find the single.

And more people should come to the chat (even though I'm not gonna be on again for like a week...). But beware the snuggle demons! BEWARE~!

Admin
07-16-2002, 08:25 PM
it'll get more popular as the site gets more members. We have an rpg site that started out with a small member base and the chatroom was usually empty. Now we're to the point where there are usually 10-20 people chatting in the main room alone at any given time, and the site is still quite young.

We have a ton of business cards going out at Otakon (thanks to EurobeatKing!) and Aeris and I will be at AXNY promoting the site. So hopefully we'll soon reach that event horizon where enough people are on the site at any given time to make the chatroom more popular.