PDA

View Full Version : Cruxshadows Fairies at Dragon*Con

murmur
04-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Any other fans of the Cruxshadows planning on doing fairy costumes? From what I understand it's kind of a tradition at D*C, fans put on angel and fairy wings and help get the word out that the band is playing, etc. Two of my friends and I are doing seasonal fairies-- I'm Autumn, and the others are Spring and Winter, but it's my first Dragon-Con, and I'm not sure how the whole thing works. Any past/future D*C fairies want to give me advice?

fightstar
04-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Any other fans of the Cruxshadows planning on doing fairy costumes? From what I understand it's kind of a tradition at D*C, fans put on angel and fairy wings and help get the word out that the band is playing, etc. Two of my friends and I are doing seasonal fairies-- I'm Autumn, and the others are Spring and Winter, but it's my first Dragon-Con, and I'm not sure how the whole thing works. Any past/future D*C fairies want to give me advice?

Funny that you mention Cruxshadows. I know their wardrobe designer (or atleast one of them I really don't know how many they may or may not have) personally. Since I have never been to a Cruxshadows live event (yeah I know shame on me :( ) yet I will have to ask her what's the census on that. Personally, I say, "Go for it Girl!". It's Dragon Con, it's a time and place for things like that so "caution to the wind", as long as it doen't hit any one in the face.

:square:

Star_Angel
05-16-2005, 09:48 PM
Funny that you mention Cruxshadows. I know their wardrobe designer (or atleast one of them I really don't know how many they may or may not have) personally. Since I have never been to a Cruxshadows live event (yeah I know shame on me :( ) yet I will have to ask her what's the census on that. Personally, I say, "Go for it Girl!". It's Dragon Con, it's a time and place for things like that so "caution to the wind", as long as it doen't hit any one in the face.

:square:
I say go for it to, DC is still way of so I havnt decided what to do yet. And this will be my first DC so Im not sure what the Cruxshadows fans do. I know the last Cruxshadows concert I went to (when they were touring with Bella Morte) there werent any faries but that was a different location and venue all together, lol.
I'll have to keep this in mind though, I may just do a fairy!

Dany
05-17-2005, 04:17 PM
Whoa. Cruxshadows. :)

I think I might have to do this if it doesn't conflict with anything else I'm planning..I keep missing them.

And if there's room for fairy-dom....I could fairy. Granted, I only have a little set of bat wings..but hey....:)

Now..to think of what fairy to be...the Root Canal Fairy is already taken.

Fyremistress
05-25-2005, 11:20 PM
just something to keep in mind. during the actual concert, they are PACKED in the ballroom, so if you plan on wearing the fairy wings during the concert, they run the risk of being damaged. Outside the ballroom and before/after its never a big problem, but within the ballroom it can be risky (unless they are small- we had tiny wings last year, but ive seen girls with the large nylon wings or feather wings get tears and holes in them while the madness ensues. :) )