PDA

View Full Version : Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha mangas

Xefeon Aisu
01-11-2003, 11:19 PM
Has anyone here read any of the Ranma 1/2 manga? I love it...I got the first one, and got my friend addicted...lol. He loves it now. He also got another one of our friends to like it and she doesn't like anime or anything. Weh! Happiness... ^_^ But I downloaded two episodes of the show, and I love it now. It's funny...I really want more of the manga though.

Also, the Inuyasha manga is interesting. I like the show better, but I still like the manga. It just annoys me that in the english manga because the pictures are reverse, Miroku's air rip is on the wrong hand. I'm sorry, but that bugs me. -.-

Eiri-kun
01-11-2003, 11:50 PM
I have read alot of Ranma Manga.. well, until I got sick of it that is. Never seemed to end. I don't think its ended now, either.

MargauxZ
01-12-2003, 12:58 AM
Bahahaha.

*Really big Takahashi fangirl here*

YES! RANMA IS THE BEST! It's funny, and sweet, and active...

Ranma is my fav. manga and anime.

Yes, the manga has ended, a very good one at that. It came out in 1996. Viz's English language release has yet to catch up however.

aeva
01-12-2003, 08:07 AM
>3 I love both of those series.... I have every volume of the Ranma manga that has been released in English, as well as 1-7 of the InuYasha manga [I'm catching up on the show before the manga]. Personally, I preffer Ranma on paper, but Inuyasha on TV. Don't ask why... I just do. @.@

Xefeon Aisu
01-12-2003, 08:53 AM
I agree, I like the Ranma manga better, and Inuyasha better on TV. But I'm mad because they moved Inuyasha to a time where I can't watch it. And I have no means of recording it in my house either. >_< I was quite pissed when I found out last night. Anyhoo...I want more of the Ranma manga. I could probably do without the Inuyasha one, but if I have no way to see the show I might have to resort to it. I own the ninth volume of Inuyasha, and my friend owns the fifth...but I might need more if I can't see the show. But considering it's one of my favorite shows, I don't want to have to do that. :: ponders :: Maybe my friend can record it...? I don't know, but I do know I'm rambling now.

AnimeParty
01-12-2003, 07:09 PM
ME too. Inu Yasha can get boring in the manga, there are some parts in the manga that I like but I prefer the anime over the manga. Ranma 1/2 is soooo much better in the manga. The anime is too redundent but there are some good episodes (ie. Pretty Womanhood) I've been reading Ranma 1/2 and Inu Yasha in Japanese and English, I'm pretty satisfied with the English translations.

KaitouKurogo
01-13-2003, 10:04 PM
Oi! Huge Ranma freak over here. ^_^ I ended up getting five of my friends hooked on it and I'm working on collecting all the mangas. Is there such a thing as enjoying a series too much? I write when I'm bored and ended up writing a therotive essay on the metaphysics of Jusenkyou a while back...>.>

Ranma 1/2 and InuYasha are best on paper, in my opinion. I've got the entire Ranma series up to the fourth season, but after that it goes downhill...the writers drifted away from the genius that is Takahashi and started writing their own material. Even the animation got worse...it starts to look more like a Saturday morning cartoon than the Ranma we know and love.

Still, my favorite part of the diminishing animation later on is when Ranma starts fighting like Keichiro from Fist Of The North Star. Anyone else think that the Katchu Tenshine Amaguriken starts looking suspiciously like a certain Hundred Strikes technique? Hmm? :rolleyes:

RoseDuelist
01-14-2003, 10:42 AM
<~~ Is one of KaitouKurogo's five friends to get hooked.

Thanks to him I have an anime harem consisting of five anime guys, three from Ranma. ^_^ Mousse, Ranma, Ryoga, then not from Ranma is Vash and Shido.

OOOoo.. I have read almost a dozen of the manga's and have access to all of the series. It's so good!! YAY!

Ok, anyway, my opinion.. Takahashi should never die! She should be frozen like Walt Disney and brought back to life someday.

Chiri
01-25-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by MargauxZ
*Really big Takahashi fangirl here*

YES! RANMA IS THE BEST! It's funny, and sweet, and active...

Agreed. ^_^ Me, too..btw ^^ muhahha..and Inuyasha ^^;; wai!

-chiri :D

videogirlc
01-25-2003, 07:51 PM
I love all of Takahashi's work including Ranma 1/2, Inu Yasha, Lum Urusei Yatsura and Maison Ikoku. I love the Inu Yasha manga more than the anime though. Theres just so much more material that the anime couldn't put in. I still love the anime.

RoseDuelist
01-25-2003, 11:45 PM
I just finished watching Inu Yasha after reading it at school during passing period, then I switch over to watching Ranma and then read Ranma coming to school and watch Uresei Yatsura at a friends house. O.o Do I need a life?

Chiri
01-26-2003, 06:49 PM
<hugs roseduelist's avvy> ^_^ Limme....;)

Hehe..gomen, couldn't resist ^^;;

-chiri :D

AnimeParty
01-26-2003, 08:58 PM
I got all my friends hooked on Ranma...and Inu Yasha....and others...but Ranma is one of the first ones I recomend to new members of our club.

Aoshi Shinomori
01-27-2003, 03:16 AM
I'm a huge ranma fan.. and i have the first printing of the ranma manga and the first volume..