PDA

View Full Version : A Plead to Animazement Goers!~

RealizeDOP
01-12-2003, 11:19 AM
Hey Guys~~~ : )
I was wondering if anybody would help me out here. Well as many of the cosplayers may know, Animazement does not have a Craftmanship Judginign for their cosplay. they are like the only convention that doesn't, and I think it's about time they do! Well I used to work for Animazement so I know most of the people. The other day I e mailed the staff asking them and explaining to them why it was important to have one. I explained that i believe that having a Craftmanship competition along with the Cosplay would be fairer to those that are better at construction than on stage performance. And also, this can set more of a "median" line I guess instead of them voting everybody in a big clump. KNow what I mean? Well anyway, Brian from the Animazement staff e mailed me back and that he thought my Idea was interesting and that he would review with the staff.

Now! I am glad to hear this however, I think this would work even better if other people also E mailed them and suggested this. So if anybody could, maybe could you drop a line to Animazement also suggesting this idea? I think if this work out, it will be beneficial to lots of people! : ) Alright, thanks for Reading!!!!
here's the adress if you would like to mail them:
information@animazement.org

THANKS AGAIN!

Ranma Saotome
01-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Done! ^_^ Anything for you C-chan buddy! :)

liz-maru
01-16-2003, 10:42 PM
ill do it! its done! ^-^ good job bringin that to their attention!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
01-26-2003, 10:08 PM
Did it! It's always nice to help improve a con

Giant Alucard
01-29-2003, 08:37 AM
I can give you a hand if you need one. Always glad to help, and i was going to staff at the con anyway.

Rosiel
02-20-2003, 11:48 AM
I hadn't seen this thread before posting mine... bad me... but I was worried about the very same thing, as I tend to make big costumes that are hard to function in and hence more prone to walk-ons (pushed-and-pulled-ons?) than performance. ^__^

You can be sure I will email them about it... for such a rule is, for someone like me, crucial for deciding whether to enter the cosplay, and in this case attend the event.

minako chan
02-27-2003, 08:59 AM
What? No craftmanship judging!? I'm e-mailing them right now!!! I wanted to do a Kos Mos costume(Xenosaga) and I can't think of a skit so I just wanted to enter it in the seperate judging...My plans are ruined!!!!!!Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Ginny
02-27-2003, 03:01 PM
I spoke with one of the directors of Animazement about this. When he emailed me about attending and hosting a workshop, I came here and read this thread actually before replying, so I mentioned it in my reply.

"We do not have craftsmanship judging at this time. We are working on
defining it and getting it in place for 2004. I would love it if you
could send me a description of how craftsmanship judging differs from
normal judging."

So I sent him about a 4 paragraph description of how most craftsmanship judging works and whatnot (also a good guidline for hall costume contests). I havn't heard back from him yet, but just so you guys know they ARE working on it, just really slowly I think. ^___^

Mako-san
02-28-2003, 10:22 PM
2004, geesh they are slow, but I guess its better than nothing :/

RealizeDOP
03-05-2003, 08:42 PM
Thanks to everybody that helped out!!!! I think we got the point through!!!! *.* It's good to know the staff~~ hahahahah : ) Thanks G-Chan~ did you talk to Brian E. from AZ?

Ginny
03-05-2003, 09:02 PM
Um, I talked to... uh... someone. Yes. I believe it was Brian. ^___^

Marty
03-09-2003, 03:45 PM
Thanks a bunch for working on that, G and Carolina, you guys rule! :D

Kas
03-10-2003, 02:26 PM
Awww man.. 2004? Oh well.. atleast they will get with the times in 2004.