PDA

View Full Version : Avatar: the Last airbender cosplay.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Jes
05-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Is anybody planning to either do an avatar cosplay or willing to cosplay avatar with us? Orionflame and I. please comment.

orionflame
05-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Please do. It would be awsome if we had some Avatar cosplayers.

Ironekilz
05-02-2005, 04:44 PM
When are you interested in doing this? I've been planning on doing Avatar Kyoshi, but right now I'm already working on a costume so I wouldn't be able to work on it for awhile. Almost certainly not before Otakon anyway.

Buster
05-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Uh, which con are we talking and how long would I have to make it? I was thinking about doing either Katara or one of the warriors of Kyoshi, but I'd have to start from the ground up. I've kind of been wanting to for awhile, but I've never had good incentive...
I'm also working on another costume right now.

Jes
05-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Any con would be great but as long as we can do it at one where i and Orion flame are.

Umi
05-02-2005, 05:36 PM
It'd be awesome if I can make a Zuku costume (sp?) *___* but I would want to do the battle version and I'm not good with armor =(

Jes
05-02-2005, 05:51 PM
that'd be hot.

Jes
05-02-2005, 05:51 PM
It'd be awesome if I can make a Zuku costume (sp?) *___* but I would want to do the battle version and I'm not good with armor =(
Also, i'd be all over you. I'd just be some random Firebender. xD

Mandyness
05-02-2005, 09:46 PM
Hmm..I would love doing a Cosplay but hahahaha....I don't have time >.<

Buster
05-03-2005, 05:37 PM
I'd be good for next year's Katsucon, but probably nothing during the summer, I'm going to Otakon and I've already got a costume in progress (Haruno Sakura from Naruto) plus, in either one of those cosumes I suggested I'd BAKE at Otakon. It's hot enough as it is. Or, there's a con around Halloween isn't there? I know there was last year, I didn't go, but there is one, right? I might be able to make that one.

Aife
05-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Uhhh, my sister loves this show. It would be great to see someone cosplay an Avatar character.

Ironekilz
05-04-2005, 05:16 AM
The one around Halloween is Anime USA, which is usually in Tysons Corner, VA. I'm with Buster, not this Otakon, but maybe Katsucon or even Anime USA.

ichigomewmew14
05-04-2005, 05:28 AM
who whould be the best to cosplay... Katara or the Kyoshi Warriors

Devi Dark Wolf
05-04-2005, 05:55 PM
It's not an animeeeeeeeeeeee...

LOL.

But I'd love to see that cosplay. XD

Devi

Jes
05-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Still it can be cosplayed like any other show really.

Jes
05-04-2005, 08:40 PM
The thing is i'm in NJ. :x I need something to be where i can go to as well.

Ironekilz
05-06-2005, 05:50 AM
Seems like most of us go to Otakon, so what about next year's Otakon, Otakon 2006? It's a ways away, but it would give us all time to work on them.

Jes
05-07-2005, 07:31 AM
hmm.. yeah i guess but i really wanna do it for any con this year, i'll be a lone firebender xD

orionflame
05-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Still, it would be awsome if we were actually able to get a group together. We should definatly plan it for next year at Katsucon.

TwiliteSea
05-08-2005, 01:36 PM
I think Katsucon would be best. Its much closer than Otakon 06.
Plus us Kyoshi Warriors won't be sweating to death.

Ironekilz
05-09-2005, 05:41 AM
Katsucon sounds okay to me. I wasn't sure most of us would be going to it, but if so, then great! Winter = less sweltering and more time to work on stuff.

Runi-Chan
05-10-2005, 10:49 AM
^.^ Avatar! Someone suggested an avatar cosplay for me, but i don't know...but still, it's a good idea.

I'm just wondering how hard it would be to crossplay Aang..

Ironekilz
05-11-2005, 05:34 AM
Well, they sell those bald caps and you can just paint on the arrow. Other than that and binding if needed, I don't see that it would be that difficult. I'd say go for it! What's an Avatar gathering without the Avatar? :bigtu:

TwiliteSea
05-11-2005, 05:38 AM
Well, we could always have Avatar Roku or Avatar Kyoshi, and it would still kinda count ^^;
But yea, we NEED Aang.

Ironekilz
05-11-2005, 06:54 AM
Well yeah, I guess you're right. :thumbsup:

Runi-Chan
05-11-2005, 10:33 AM
I'm going to attempt it; I'm just thinking maybe it'd require more than one bald cap, since your hair does tend to show a bit through them..

It all depends on if I have enough time for it after AnimeNEXT...and of course the makeup might take the most time to put on (even though I really wouldn't have to worry about doing ALL of the arrows...just at the hands and head.)

I'll try; who knows? It could be done by Otakon 05 (and would be a much more comfortable summer costume than a winter one.

Jes
05-13-2005, 02:38 PM
omg i know.. Yes cosplay as aang. Maybe, i can be Sokka or maybe just a random firebender. i would be zuko but how the hell am i gonna manage his hair! D:

Runi-Chan
05-13-2005, 07:18 PM
be very creative with a bald cap, I suppose, if your hair is long.

^.^ I should have an Aang crossplay by Katsu 06. I know I can at least make the clothing. especially the 'cloak' like part (which I'm going to make by itself and maybe attack it to the rest of the costume.)

About the boots; I have a pair that might work, but they're a bit clunky (there's a picture of them in my gallery), and I know Aang's must at least a bit more flexible than the ones I have. Should I go with the boots I have, or get(or make) a new pair?

Jes
05-13-2005, 07:48 PM
be very creative with a bald cap, I suppose, if your hair is long.

^.^ I should have an Aang crossplay by Katsu 06. I know I can at least make the clothing. especially the 'cloak' like part (which I'm going to make by itself and maybe attack it to the rest of the costume.)

About the boots; I have a pair that might work, but they're a bit clunky (there's a picture of them in my gallery), and I know Aang's must at least a bit more flexible than the ones I have. Should I go with the boots I have, or get(or make) a new pair?
Who knows, the boots could possibly work, but if you want to be incharacter you should make (or get) more comfortable ones. I'm just such a genious. i figured out how i can do a Zuko bald Cap! O: Cut hole for hair! haha genious.

TwiliteSea
05-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Eh, as long as the boots are flat-footed with no heel, they should be fine. You may wanna make a boot-cover to cover up the lacing, tho.

Runi-Chan
05-14-2005, 12:18 AM
ah, ok. so the ones I have wouldn't work then (they make me about 2 inches taller..) I guess I'll have to find (or make; though I don't know how) more comfortable boots.

On an unrelated note; I still haven't seen the episode before the one with Jet in it (I can't recall the names)

Jes
05-14-2005, 08:18 AM
The water bending scroll?

Runi-Chan
05-14-2005, 10:50 AM
that might be it; the commercial promoting it had Zuko like, holding Katara at one point.

TwiliteSea
05-14-2005, 11:43 AM
You could try getting flip-flops and attach a boot cover to them.

And yea, that episode was the Water-bending scroll.
Zuko and Katara didn't have a "thing" together, if you're worried about that happening XD

And yea, I missed the episode with Jet :/

Jes
05-14-2005, 01:24 PM

Zuko and Katara didn't have a "thing" together, if you're worried about that happening XD

I can give you that episode.

gogoedward
05-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Working on Sokka's kimono-esque thingy, anyone know what material would be good to use, and patterns too? I haven't found anything useable yet cus i just started working on it (Working on making the boomerang currently)

TwiliteSea
05-14-2005, 05:09 PM
You could try a karate-costume pattern and alter it when needed.

peachrin
05-14-2005, 08:01 PM
It's not an animeeeeeeeeeeee...

LOL.

But I'd love to see that cosplay. XD

Devi

um... actually, the main concept came from a japanese videogame, and i believe quite a bit of the art is done by the same studio. so, technically, since the style, concept, and more than a little of the artists are japanese, it's generally accepted as anime. sure, it's on nickelodeon, but you can't really say that makes it non-anime. i mean... one piece is on FOX BOX for crying out loud.(and they made the theme song rap...) though, i don't think avatar was ever originally in the japanese language(not that i know of), so it's hard to distinguish.

anyhow! i've been dying to cosplay Aang, but i'm not bald. ;.; and i'm not a big fan of bald caps. i may cosplay the avatar from Kyoshi (don't remember her name right now..) or possibly a warrior of Kyoshi. ahh, their costumes are so neat...

ninja101
05-14-2005, 08:59 PM
er umm just wondering, where exactly is otakon.
i am a newb to both cosplay AND going to conventions.
(only went to anime boston, 0 cosplay for me)

Jes
05-14-2005, 10:14 PM
we're planning for Katsucon next year.

ninja101
05-15-2005, 11:11 AM
OH my bad....
lemme show myself the door out of this convo.

Jes
05-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Oh it's ok.

Runi-Chan
05-15-2005, 06:48 PM

^.^ I didn't think anything would...

That would work, actually; i'd just have to find the right kind of material (and I'd probably have to handsew the boot covering things to them.

ninja101; Otakon is in Baltimore, MD, in August this year. Just if you wanted to know.

peachrin; I'm a girl, and planning to be this group's Aang. I'm no big fan of bald caps either, but maybe your hair is long, and you can't pin it back that easily? (i've got rather short hair, so it's not a huge problem for me). Besides, they're not that hard to wear..I think the biggest hassle is getting them blended in to your skin tone...and pinning hair down.

and the village of Kyoshi, as far as I can remember, was named after Avatar Kyoshi. So yes, that's the Avatar's name. ^.^

Ironekilz
05-16-2005, 06:13 AM
Looks like there's a lot of interest in an Avatar group! I'm glad the show's getting popular. I'm almost done with the costume I'm working on now and then I should be able to start on my Avatar Kyoshi.

Wow, I had no idea the idea came from a Japanese videogame. And if the same studio is doing the art for the show, then that may explain why the movement is so fluid.

Runi-Chan
05-16-2005, 10:24 AM
yeah; it's a good thing when you see an anime-influenced show in America that doesn't look like it came from Marathon (Totally Spies).

Buster
05-17-2005, 03:16 PM
I've missed a bunch of episodes lately for various inconvenient reasons. Does anyone think that they'll re-show them? Preferably all in one night, marathon-style? Or if they'll start selling DVDs?

Buster
05-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Oh (sorry I forgot) I missed that one episode where Zuku was creepily up in Katara's face but I saw the previews and was actually kind of hoping that Zuku was kind of developing a creepy stalker-like obsession with her, I think it'd add something to the intrigue or something like that. But I guess that's not happening, huh? Bummer.
I think it'd be a better show if they develped relationships more. Like Soka and what's-her-name... Siri or something? The Kiyoshi warrior girl who kissed him then kind of dropped out of the series. He blushed right through his makeup, he was obviously hot on her. Guess they're trying to keep it a kid's show: boys have cooties and kissing is icky!!!!!!

Runi-Chan
05-17-2005, 03:48 PM
There might be; that would be an interesting direction to take with Zuko; though of course, he wouldn't be a total stalker(because it is Nick we're talking about), just maybe..I dunno what I mean..
I'm interested to see what they'll do with the show.

Jes
05-17-2005, 06:59 PM
Suki is the warrior of Kyoshi's name.

Runi-Chan
05-17-2005, 10:02 PM
ah, yes. Suki. I liked her; i hope they bring her back at some point; she was a very interesting and (somewhat) developed character. It'd be a shame to not bring her back

Ironekilz
05-18-2005, 05:50 AM
Well, in the Jet episode, Katara teased Sokka about not having kissed a girl. He said he had so she joked it must've been Gran-Gran, but he said it wasn't, so he was probably referring to Suki. That means the creators of the show haven't entirely forgotten about her. Since there's a continuity to this show seriously lacking in most "western" cartoons, I wouldn't rule out her coming back.

Jes
05-25-2005, 05:30 PM
*nodNod*

Ala
06-06-2005, 12:09 PM
My best friend and I recently cosplayed Suki and Katara at A-kon 16 (first Avatar cosplayers ever, I do believe), and planning to make a Zuko costume over the summer.

I'd love to give any advise on the making of Suki and Katara if anyone's looking to cosplay them.

Jes
06-06-2005, 05:23 PM
My best friend and I recently cosplayed Suki and Katara at A-kon 16 (first Avatar cosplayers ever, I do believe), and planning to make a Zuko costume over the summer.

I'd love to give any advise on the making of Suki and Katara if anyone's looking to cosplay them.
DUDE! ALA?! It's me Rainbow Raharu xD dude hey!

Ala
06-06-2005, 05:44 PM
DUDE! ALA?! It's me Rainbow Raharu xD dude hey!

OMG.. liek *stalk* Strange coincidence though. >:D

Jes
06-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Wheee <3

Ironekilz
06-07-2005, 06:40 AM
Your makeup looks awesome in your avatar, Ala! Do you have any pics of your entire costumes you can post?

ichigomewmew14
06-07-2005, 06:52 AM
You know what I thought would be cool? I thought it would be totaly awsome if a gigantic Oppa costume was made for multiple people:)

Ironekilz
06-07-2005, 07:08 AM
Ahaha! I'd pay to see that! "Yip yip!" What about making a stuffed Momo puppet?

Jes
06-07-2005, 08:27 PM
I MUST SEE PICS of ala.

raevyn
06-11-2005, 12:44 AM
I would love to do Katara or one of the Kyoshi warriors :3 depends on how much time I have this summer XD

Jes
07-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Here's my list of people i wanna Cosplay as from Avatar
Zuko (all forms)
Sokka's warrior outfit. (His makeup would be killer awesome)
Maybe Suki.. but alot of people are doing it. >>
The EVIL GIRL OMG SHE ROCKED <3

Runi-Chan
07-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Does this mean we have a Zuko? (-*would be this group's Aang..possibly..*-)
Anyways..should we start a thread in the Katsu section of the boards (I still have to find out if I can go...usually I need to ask way early)? Gar..my brain is full of ideas, and I can't work on any of my Otakon costumes at the moment...

But if we had a Zuko, that'd be awesome...I mean, if I can go, that'd definetly be nice. ^.^

I just realized that I haven't been here in a while; I apologize. *hugs everyone*

God, Aang's going to be a weird costume to explain to my parents..

Jes
07-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Xddd

Yueh-chan
07-09-2005, 02:51 PM
I'd love to go as Katara from Avatar at some point in time. just not for Otakon, since I have all of my costumes planned for that one.

Runi-Chan
07-09-2005, 06:44 PM
Xddd

Well, it will be! XD I mean, he's bald...ah well, it shouldn't be too hard...*grins* Jes, be our Zuko...you could do the Blue Spirit one, where Zuko's in the mask...[that happens to be my favorite episode like..ever. Besides the first one.]

I wonder how people will take Avatar cosplayers...then again, if people can cosplay Teen Titans and things like Powerpuff girls, or Kim Possible, to anime conventions, there shouldn't be a problem with cosplaying from a show that has a very evident plot and beautiful artwork. And the acting doesn't suck either.

Here's a random thought..Dante Basko (Zuko) would make a butt-kicking Mugen..I remember he had very Mugen-esque hair in Hook

Ironekilz
07-10-2005, 07:28 PM
FINALLY saw The Blue Spirit episode since I missed it the first go around. It would be really cool if someone did that version of Zuko. His mask was awesome.

I haven't gotten around to working on my Kyoshi costume yet. Perhaps after Otakon since I'm helping my sister with a costume for that con at the moment and it's getting down to the wire.

Runi-Chan
07-10-2005, 08:58 PM
^.^ I'd love to see someone be that version of Zuko..gives the opportunity for a great
'unmasking' photo...plus, I think, besides young Zuko, that's the easiest version of his character to cosplay.

I think I'll start working on Aang after Otakon too..I've got a few costumes to make (including a very quick one for a renne faire on the 16th...) Aang's costume looks pretty easy, but looks can be decieving..

topleka
07-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Does anyone know where I can find some screencaps or good reference pics from Avatar?

cage no chou
07-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Wheee <3

hey dude i know you! :D hi Jes!

Ironekilz
07-11-2005, 06:52 AM
Best screencap gallery I've found: http://www.avatarfans.net/gallery/

GoldfishGirl
07-11-2005, 03:08 PM
I'd really love to do a big version of Oppa (or whatever the hell that bison's name is), but I know it wouldn't get done in time for otakon.

topleka
07-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Best screencap gallery I've found: http://www.avatarfans.net/gallery/
Thank you very much. This is a big help. Hmm...now I just have to figure out how to make Sokka's sword...

Runi-Chan
07-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Irone- I love you..thank you SO Much for that link.

Topleka, are you going to be cosplaying Sokka? He had a sword...? Huh..I don't recall that, but you may be right.

So, who do we have so far for a gathering? I know we have a Suki, a possible Katara, and an Aang...

Goldfishgirl, If I can remember correctly, I think we're all supposed to be meeting up at Katsucon 05...since Otakon is way too close to start planning a gathering now...

topleka
07-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Topleka, are you going to be cosplaying Sokka? He had a sword...? Huh..I don't recall that, but you may be right.

I'm hoping to. I'm pretty sure he has a sword. He used it in the episode 'Jet' to amplify the sound of footsteps. He's used it a couple of other times too (always the boomerang in one hand and the sword in the other), but I can't think of any other specific instances.

Runi-Chan
07-11-2005, 09:58 PM
oh! I was thinking it was a dagger...*head/desk* ^.^ I didn't notice that at all...Sokka's a pretty easy costume, it seems..the hair might give you some trouble, since it appears that the sides of his head are shaved, but there's enough covering the top of his head for a small pony tail..

I, if I didn't say so before, am hoping to be this group's Aang..oh, the joys of crossplay..:D

Ironekilz
07-12-2005, 07:04 AM
You're welcome! It's hard to find screencaps for some reason. I'm glad I stumbled onto that site.

That would be so awesome if someone did an Appa! It could be done similar to how those dragons are done for the Chinese New Year. Of course, you'd need at least two people to do it, so it might be a pain to navigate in.

Gackt_Girl
07-12-2005, 03:14 PM
An Appa??? How disturbing. But I've seen someone do a Renamon from Digimon... Well,I'd love to, but the only con In 'driving-in-a-day-without-the-mom-freaking-out' distance is Anime Weekend Atlanta.. :/ I would love to do Zuko...I'd probably do his comfy maroon chinese outfit he wears when he's sparring in episode 9. I can't do armor. T__T It'd be a lot of fun to do the scar,I think.I'm not sure how I'd do the hair though....

Gackt_Girl
07-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Well, it will be! XD I mean, he's bald...ah well, it shouldn't be too hard...*grins* Jes, be our Zuko...you could do the Blue Spirit one, where Zuko's in the mask...[that happens to be my favorite episode like..ever. Besides the first one.]

I wonder how people will take Avatar cosplayers...then again, if people can cosplay Teen Titans and things like Powerpuff girls, or Kim Possible, to anime conventions, there shouldn't be a problem with cosplaying from a show that has a very evident plot and beautiful artwork. And the acting doesn't suck either.

Here's a random thought..Dante Basko (Zuko) would make a butt-kicking Mugen..I remember he had very Mugen-esque hair in Hook

The mask outfit would be awesome..I wouldn't have to be afraid of cameras.^^;

I hope they do take to it..I know a lot of people personally who can't stand the thought of watching Avatar because it's 'american' anime.. :/ Makes me sad. Wouldn't a bilingual japanese avatar be kick-butt??! xD now to think of a japanese cast..

Wee,Dante's so cute. ^-^ It's a fun pastime to watch American Dragon Jake Long on Disneychannel just to hear Zuko say really disturbing ghetto things like 'from the j to the a to the k to the e,i'm the macdaddy dragon from the n-y-c!' xDDD

GoldfishGirl
07-12-2005, 03:36 PM
My only experience with a Chinese-y Dragon costume was from when I was in a Pinocchio play and we had to have the whale come out and eat someone. The head was extremely heavy and the fabric that was used to cover us was this hideous carpet-like upholstery. We cooked in there.
Appa (is that how it's spelled?) would really need to be fluffy and loveyhuggable, because he's really my favorite character in the show. My only ideas for that would be making his body out of faux fur/velvet (something nice and squeezable). But that would cost way too much.
Katsucon is even too close for me, if I do end up attempting this.

topleka
07-12-2005, 05:38 PM
A giant group Appa sounds incredible, but incredibly difficult. Although, I did see a group do the Cat Bus from Totoro once...

I doubt people will take Avatar cosplay unkindly. Americanime has been getting more popular lately, and most of those elitists just act like that because they want to feel as if they're better than other people. I honestly don't see how limiting what you watch makes you elite, but that's just me. XD

Runi-Chan
07-12-2005, 05:55 PM
GacktGirl; I do that all the time..it makes me laugh. Did you notice that Rose's VA is the same as Katara's? She's a serious stalker..XD

Topleka; you're right...Americananime has been more and more accepted..it's just a shame that Totally Spies had to come and pretty much ruin any credentials american animation even had. And I don't much care for elitists, so I ignore them anyway...who knows, if we end up pulling a Avatar photoshoot together, people might love it.

I need to start working on designing my Aang costume soon..like before Otakon, even..

Gackt_Girl
07-12-2005, 10:02 PM
to Rurouni_Ina_Box : Yeah! xD LMAO She's death-stalker. btw,does anyone know where people get those..-shudder- disturbing elements for Zuko/katara...?? I'm just curious. 0_o I heard Sokka's voice somewhere else on Disney channel too.

Topleka: wow,i've never seen anything as big as the cat bus or appa. i've seen tetris bars and Wing Zero though.^^' I really hope everyone takes to it.I think avatar has drawn in more fans than shows like WITCH or Winx Club or something like that,but that's not saying too much i don't think..anyone know how you would make the blue spirit mask?? *is motivated*

Runi-Chan
07-13-2005, 12:09 AM
I'm not sure...it looks like paper mache territory to me..I've never made a mask before..
Sokka's voice somewhere else on the Disney channel? I'll have to check up on that..

Oh! It's Jack DeSenna..that kid from the New All that..which i didn't realize at all; he does such a good job, I would suggest him to be the voice of Shikamaru in english..but Nick owns his soul...

I'm more of a fan of Mako, the man who does Uncle Iroh's voice..*snickers* he used to do Aku's voice on Samurai Jack..

And because i jumped on IMDB and got zealous: Mae Whitman, the voice of Katara, is only 17. One year older than me..(assuming she's had her birthday already.

Kumi-chan
07-13-2005, 12:23 AM
Rurouni_Ina_Box: But isn't "Totally Spies" Canadian in origin? Not that I'm dissing Canada...I love the country...I'd just heard that. Anyway, that's beside the point. I think the problem is with American/Western "anime" that's aimed at girls. The problem is they don't really have the formula down here. All the shojo product I've seen that's produced here, frankly, blows pretty hard. (And their treatment of real shojo anime also sucks berries.) All the characters come off as extremely shallow or underdeveloped, when characterization is one of the best elements of real shojo anime. Their problem is that they try to capture the appearance without paying any attention to the heart of what makes the genre great.

And I apologize to everybody else for pulling the discussion off topic. I'm a big fan of Avatar myself...when I happen to catch it. It's one of the better shows on American tv today, I think, but I'm always at work when it's on. I'm hoping to catch it on DVD so I can watch it uninterrupted.

Runi-Chan
07-13-2005, 12:34 AM
^.^ Yes, it is one of the better 'amerianime'. I though Totally Spies was French in origin, but it could be Canadian..we do tend to get a lot of Canadian shows down in the states, though
I should be the one apologizing..let's just agree that Avatar is a ray of hope for American animation in general, when the market is saturated with too much CGI and just plain ugly animation (like Catscratch..)

Ironekilz
07-13-2005, 06:40 AM
Yeah, I agree, a giant Appa costume would be really difficult, but I'd give mad props to anyone who decides to go through with the heavy, hot, unwieldy thing, even if they only wore it for a photoshoot!

I don't think people will look down on people cosplaying from Avatar. A lot of the costumes from it are cooler than some Japanese shows I've seen, so doubtless even if people aren't thrilled with the show (are they out of their minds? :woah: ) they'll probably appreciate the work put into the cosplay.

Runi-Chan
07-13-2005, 09:39 AM
let's hope they do, because it's not all that easy, even looking at it. Even though it looks like the hardest part for me will be making a staff/glider that actually opens up and the hair...and it'll be a welcome change, I think, from the 20 odd million Naruto cosplayers..(not that I hate them..I'll be among them very soon..)

Giant Appa would rock; but it looks like ALOT of hard work..I think we could settle for a plushie. How about it, Nickelodeon? Appa and Momo plushies!

Ironekilz
07-13-2005, 11:32 AM
Ah, cool! Good luck on your glider!

Runi-Chan
07-13-2005, 03:47 PM
^.^ It looks easy to design at least..i think I'll need a long, skinny plank of wood to whittle down to staff size..and then make the holes to attach the material for the glider..I think I'll have my dad help me. (I mean, if he does Armour!Al anytime soon, he'll need my help, so it's a blessing have a Dad who's good at building stuff)

My brain's telling me to consider the Aang costume part of the 2006 con season, but my rabidness is saying MAKE IT NOW, DARN YOU!

Gackt_Girl
07-13-2005, 04:08 PM
I can see him doing a decent Shikamaru,maybe. If his voice squeaked less.And he gets stoned. xD Ooooh..Dante Basco would be a great Gaara in my opinion.. *o* *huggles gaara* His adorable little lisp would make up for Akira Ishida's monotone. ^-^ I hate how many Naruto cosplayers there are..ToT my friends and i organized a naruto group before shonen jump ever started publishing it but by the time we got together and finished,they were everywhere. I remember last year was the year of the Gaaras and Shikamarus...made me sad. The staff/glider shouldn't be too difficult.

O.O Uncle IS Aku,isn't he?! -dies-

topleka
07-13-2005, 05:42 PM
Ooo...an Appa plushie. ::wants one::

Runi-Chan
07-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Dante as Gaara? Aw...that would make Gaara so much better in english!..but IMDB says Eric Stuart, or whoever did Brock's voice on Pokemon.

*nods, grinning* Yes, Uncle is Aku...which is greatly entertaining for me, because I loved Samurai Jack. So it's funny to hear the self-proclaimed Master of all evil being so kind..XD

I want an Appa and a Momo plushie..but I think I'll have to settle for just a lemur plushie from Wild Republic..

Gackt_Girl
07-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Dante as Gaara? Aw...that would make Gaara so much better in english!..but IMDB says Eric Stuart, or whoever did Brock's voice on Pokemon.

*nods, grinning* Yes, Uncle is Aku...which is greatly entertaining for me, because I loved Samurai Jack. So it's funny to hear the self-proclaimed Master of all evil being so kind..XD

I want an Appa and a Momo plushie..but I think I'll have to settle for just a lemur plushie from Wild Republic..

Hm..I think Eric Stuart sounds too grown up imho. Gaara's a Tanuki,so...yeeeah,he needs a deeper voice than say Naruto,but still.^^;

Lmao,I know. XD Just can't see Aku sitting on a boat playing a Sangi horn saying 'Where were you?You missed music night!',can you?

*bounces*I wanna Zuko plushie!!! ^_______________^

Runi-Chan
07-13-2005, 10:26 PM
That's what I thought..about had a heart attack when I saw that..but IMDB is hardly all that reliable until a show or movie actually comes out.

XD...Oh my god..now that image is stuck in my head..and I want a Zuko plushie too..^.^ I could pose with it in my Aang costume..Aang/Zuko OMG...O.O

Jus' kiddin. There be no yaoi in Avatar.

Gackt_Girl
07-15-2005, 10:14 PM
-is determined to make a Zuko plushie- x3 I know,it's so sad. ;-; no yaoi/shonen ai,leaving only katara for zuko in fanfics!!! >_____________< Zuko/Aang is so adorable though! -cries- BTW,where did you find the info on english Naruto? I've heard a bunch of different things;like johnny bosch as naruto(shudder) and rob paulsen as gaara(twitch)and i found a site that according to my knowledge says some company i've never heard of with va's i've never heard of will be doing naruot. @_@ -has confused herself- oops,off topic.^^; Well I'm gonna look through the props area for a way to make Zuko's mask..-contemplate-

Runi-Chan
07-16-2005, 02:36 PM
*grins* That's what fanfics are for, my dear. (Though I half-way support Zuko/Aang; for humor purposes mainly..)

AnimeNewsNetwork. IMDB is only reliable AFTER something comes out. And I think Johnny'd be a good Naruto..but I'd far prefer for someone like Mona Marshall to be the beloved fox boy.

The mask looks like a paper-mache project, but I've never made a mask, so I can't help ya there...I'm still trying to figure out if the little red poncho thing Aang wears is attached to the upper part of his sleeves or not. But I did find a pattern that would work for his pants..(yay Walmart! well, not really, but fabric's cheap there...)

topleka
07-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Avatar yaoi? O_o That can't be right...

And all that Naruto info probably isn't accurate. A lot of the actors discussed worked for different studios, after all.

What does Zuko's mask look like? I'm a recent Avatar fan, so I haven't seen the first few episodes.

Runi-Chan
07-16-2005, 03:21 PM
I can't really say..I know it looked kinda demon-ish..with an open mouth and looked like tusks were coming out of it..I can't remember..

Gackt_Girl
07-16-2005, 08:13 PM
Rurouni_Ina_Box: Yeah,Mona Marshall would be awesome. XD Well,given the way it(the poncho o doom) blows when his Avatar-glowy-ness is awakened, it looks more like it's just attached at the collar. But i'm not 100%positive. ^^; I'll probably try paper mache' for the mask,but I just watched the ipsode,and it looks like it's porcelain the way it shines. I have artII this year at school,so maybe I can get my art teacher to help.

Oh,Topleka,I'll try to find a screencap of the mask for you,I'm fixing to go hunting for one anyway.^^

Gackt_Girl
07-16-2005, 08:46 PM
Wee! Found one! Here ya go,I found two good closeups. ^^

http://tinypic.com/8yrref.jpg

http://tinypic.com/8yrrll.jpg

Runi-Chan
07-16-2005, 11:21 PM
^.^ Thanks Gackt_Girl, but I watched that mini-marathon Nick had on today, and it looks like it might be attached at one side of each arm..which is a weird way to wear a poncho but hey..

The mask..i'm trying to remember the way it sounded when it was hit...it couldn't be porcelien then..because it would've broken..*shrugs* Also, the mask ties both behind the head, and there's something attached to the top of the mask (kinda like Chouji's hitae-ate, to draw a comparison) to help secure it to Zuko's face.

Gackt_Girl
07-19-2005, 02:04 PM
Yeah I saw that..hm..it didn't sound quite as low as wood though. Maybe Nick's just stupid with sound effects? I dunno. I'm gonna have to make it from whatever I can,that's all i know.^^;

Runi-Chan
07-19-2005, 03:14 PM
^.^ That's always a good idea...but I don't think I'll be able to do an Aang crossplay..I think I'm just going to go with Sokka..maybe. (and I hope I run into a Zuko..blame it on being back to FF.net for the first time in a long while..oh, my brain..) *faints* It's up in the air now..I've got a long while to choose.

It sounded like..it could have been wood...maybe...

topleka
07-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Well, looking at the mask, you could probably use a base mask like one found in a craft store, then some of that messy paper mache to shape it. Smooth and paint for finish. I could probably go into more detail if you want me to. I've never tried anything like that, but I have a pretty good idea of how it could be done...

TwiliteSea
07-19-2005, 09:04 PM
Uh, when did the discussion of the Naruto dub flow into this? -_-;
*don't answer that...or else the discussion will most likely continue*

Avatar yaoi? O_o That can't be right...
Hell no.
I know the Avatar slash-fest is out there, and I just don't like it. I mean, for a Nickelodeon show, it just doesn't seem right. Sure, its "American Anime" but still.
And I'm glad others agree. (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18315980/)

Runi-Chan
07-19-2005, 10:10 PM
Yeah; honestly, I only like the humor pieces..some are HILARIOUS, but others are just..not..if you try to be serious with it, it just doesn't work. Besides, it's not in any of the character's personalities to even act like that..even with Zuko's psudo-stalking and such...

I love that picture you linked to..*makes a mental note to make that her profile picture* Noo, don't commit seppuku, Zuko..XD

As for the Naruto dub thing..that's my fault, and I did stop..*laughs sheepishly* My fault for suggesting someone. But back on topic now, I guess...

EDIT: I started a thread on the Katsucon portion of the boards: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=1114209#post1114209

TwiliteSea
07-19-2005, 11:27 PM
I'll have to pass on doing a Kyoshi costume for Katsu. I have too many costumes lined up for 05-06 as it is. x_x

Runi-Chan
07-20-2005, 12:10 AM
aww..that's a shame..which costumes do you have lined up?

TwiliteSea
07-20-2005, 01:39 AM
About 7...I don't feel like listing them all.

Runi-Chan
07-20-2005, 08:54 AM
aww. Well, we'll miss ya..

Gackt_Girl
07-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Yeah,I went along with the Naruto thing.^^; Sorry.We got off it all by ourselves though,didn't we?And last time I checked the forums didn't say getting off topic meant you get the Gas Chamber.

Wood would be awfully hard to shape like that,wouldn't it?? I'm seeing myself losing an arm to a saw...-___-'

I didn't mean any offense,TwiliteSea,geez. If you don't agree,fine. I didn't say I love any and all slash. Like Rurouni_Ina_Box said, it's more for amusement. But seriously people. Zuko/Katara gets REALLY old and cliche'.

Does anyone have any idea how to make the back of Zuko's collar in the Blue Spirit outfit? I'm speaking of the way it covers the back half of his head. Any help is appreciated.^^

Runi-Chan
07-20-2005, 05:00 PM
oh, you mean like a hood? That's what it looked like to me, anyway. There's a pattern somewhere...I'm not sure where. Be sure to make it out of something semi-stretchy.

Gackt_Girl, just leave it be...just smile, and forget the whole thing ever happened...we wouldn't want any animosity between the Avatar cosplayers, would we? ^.^
I don't like any pairings at all, simply because there's no canon couples that have been certified as such by the show, except Sokka/Suki. And maybe Aang/Katara, but I'm ignoring that until the series confirms it.

Don't lose your arm to the saw! *laughs* I was just contemplating what the mask was supposed to be made out of on the seires..more than likely, it was lying somewhere on Zuko's ship, and he took it because it was convenient.

I'm debating; Aang, Zuko, or Sokka? My hair's not long enough to do a Katara cosplay, and I don't feel like working with a wig..(bald caps are cheaper anyway..)..I can't seem to choose.

Ironekilz
07-21-2005, 10:30 AM
Wow, you go on vacation for a week and you get so behind in posts! I would say the mask is probably made out of wood, but I agree, you can get a generic white mask at a craft store and build it up with paper mache or paper clay. As for the collar thing, I don't have a screencap to look at, but I seem to recall it reminded me of a knight's coif (chainmail hood): http://www.blackknightarmoury.co.uk/images/coif2.jpg

Runi-Chan
07-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Huh; I never thought of that; I keep forgetting that it surrounded his face a bit..I'm not sure where you'd find patterns for that though..perhaps you'd have to just alter a hood pattern or something..

EDIT: I've drawn up plans for my Aang costume...will post them in this thread soon. I also plan on doing a makeup test for the arrows on the hand (using eyeshadow to see what it looks like..)

Ironekilz
07-22-2005, 07:00 AM
Hm, not sure. I know they have medieval knight patterns in pattern catalogs, so maybe they'd have something for one of those. If you can't use the rest of the pattern for something though, it might be a waste of money.

Cool, sounds good!

Runi-Chan
07-22-2005, 11:49 AM
i don't think I can get the design up...says the file is too large..ah well. Look for a makeup test sometime soon in my gallery.

Gackt_Girl
07-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Rurouni_Ina_Box: youre right.^^; two few avatar fans to argue. (Wee,I love your icon!Yours especially Ironekilz!! <3) As for the eye shadow thing,I think it would rub off too easily from a bald cap..maybe try blue liquid eyeliner? (I'm not sure why anyone would want blue eyeliner,but it's there;may as well use it!) And where would you get a baldcap?? As much as I wanna do Zuko,I'm held back by my hair cause I'd like it to be accurate so I'd like to get one.^^; You could probably find random finger or face paint,too. I was gonna use face paint for the scar,with red eyeshadow for the darker part. (Again,not sure why it exists,but it does 0_o; )

Runi-Chan
07-22-2005, 02:52 PM
actually, I was just going to use eyeshadow to see what the arrow would look like on my hand; I'm definetly going to use theatrical makeup for the baldcap and hands..

as for the baldcap; search your yellow pages;there's, more likely than not, a theatrical supply store. Or Party City might have some, but I'm not sure.

topleka
07-22-2005, 04:26 PM
You can also buy a bald cap online. The price is about $10 for a bald cap, and you get get a whole kit (cap, spirit gum, and makeup) for about $25.

Runi-Chan
07-22-2005, 06:20 PM
really? I'll have to consider that too..

Gackt_Girl
07-22-2005, 11:18 PM
Ooh,coolness. o.o

Jes
07-24-2005, 04:26 AM
Ok, Deffinate cosplay, Zuko(bluespirit) rar!~ I wanna be the only oneeee eeee *stingy* because i had a Larxene incident when i thought i was the only one and i wasn't ;~;

Runi-Chan
07-24-2005, 04:08 PM
so, you're definetely cosplaying Zuko to Katsucon 06? Sweet! *grins madly*

Gackt_Girl
07-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Yay!I wanna see pics when youre done since i can't attend. ;;

Runi-Chan
07-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Me too! We must have progress pics.

Gackt_Girl
07-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Yeppers!

Runi-Chan
07-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Speaking of which; I'll try to get started on my Aang costume after Otakon..I may be bringing more than Aang to Katsu..

Ironekilz
07-26-2005, 06:26 PM
Gackt Girl: Thanks! Yep, I loves me some Last Exile! Especially Dio! :love:

Wow, a whole bald cap kit for $25? Cool, that's about the price of a cheap wig! ::considers if there's anyone bald I could cosplay in the future...::

Runi-Chan
07-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Krillin! *laughs*

I'm glad I'll finally be old enough to get a job before Katsu comes around; that way I can AFFORD the kit.

Jes
07-26-2005, 07:30 PM
I'm hopefully gonna get this costume done for otakon. *smiles*

Runi-Chan
07-26-2005, 07:58 PM
Otakon? *jumps* I will so stalk you...depending on which day you catch me on, Zuko will either be hanging with an alchemist or a kitty..^.^

As for Katsu; if I go ( I didn't get to last year, so hopefully 06...if I can guilt-trip my parents into it.), I'll be crossplaying Edogawa Conan (Meitantei Conan) on the Friday of it, and Aang on Saturday..hopefully. God, I have found no girl character besides Winry or Selphie that i'd even want to cosplay..(as evidenced by my costume list in my profile..)

Ironekilz
07-27-2005, 06:59 AM
Haha! That's a thought, Krillen was always my favorite character in DBZ!

I'll also be looking for you at Otakon, Jes!

Runi-Chan
07-27-2005, 12:09 PM
We should all stalk Jes at Otakon..I'm already 'stalking' LousyItachi..^.^(because he's Hoho-papa!)..

Jes
07-27-2005, 03:25 PM
yay! <3

Jes
07-27-2005, 03:28 PM
If i feel comfortable enough in Zuko's Costume i'll stay in it for two Days. if not you'll see me in Riku's outfit.

Runi-Chan
07-27-2005, 03:31 PM
As long as you stay inside, it should be plenty comfortable..just be ready for little children to look at you weird when you go out to eat..
But that's just a normal con thing, so whatever..^.^

Jes
07-27-2005, 05:33 PM
yeah i know that. xD

Runi-Chan
07-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Ah, Ninja!Zuko! XD

You crack me up, Jes...you must have progress pictures.

Jes
07-28-2005, 12:28 AM
When i get teh ninja gear! XD

Ironekilz
07-29-2005, 05:49 PM
I'll be on the lookout for you, Jes!

Jes
07-29-2005, 06:15 PM
yay!

Runi-Chan
07-29-2005, 07:06 PM
And I'll be stalking you..bwahahaha..*coughsputter*

Gackt_Girl
07-29-2005, 08:56 PM
I won't be going but I'll stalk you anyway!! Bwahahaha! That'd be really cool if you were the only Zuko there. ^_^ I'll probably be the only one at AWA,but that's cool. And yeah,even cosplaying a character like Gaara, a little kid at McDonald's actually ran up to me and said 'cool!!'. About that time I got up and left,but anyway.^^; I can't wait to see pics!! <3

Runi-Chan
07-29-2005, 10:37 PM
Gackt_Girl, do you have progress pictures?

Phantom stalker, eh? Clever!

Gackt_Girl
07-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Yup,I am phantom stalker. No,I don't have any pics yet. ;; i'm trying to get my mom to get a digital camera since it's such a pain to use ours and get the film developed(that's after we use all the pictures) -__- I'll have some up someday,along with my costumes in my profile.^^;;

Oh,by the way! I finally got to see the Warriors of Kyoshi this afternoon! Does anyone else absolutely love Zuko's outer kimono thing?! xD

Does anyone have any screencaps of Zuko's aforementioned robe he wore when he was on the ship in episode four? :lost: i checked all the sites i know(including avatarfans.net,they didn't work) and couldn't find any. :waaaah: pwease help!

Runi-Chan
07-30-2005, 10:27 PM
Episode Four? Hmm...naw, no screencaps..I don't even know how to take them..

Does your mom or dad have a cellphone camera? That's what I've used for my inprogress shots, because our camera died way back in the beginning of April

Gackt_Girl
07-31-2005, 02:18 PM
Darn. I don't know how to either. 0_o;

Nope.my family is cellphone dead. mom barely knows how to answer hers still. -__-

Runi-Chan
07-31-2005, 05:08 PM
Aww..poor Gackt_Girl...*hugs* Well, I hope you can get a camera soon...did you remember the sheath for the two swords (I think they're sabers, but I'm not sure..)? The strap for that was..red, if I remember correctly.

damagedgarden
07-31-2005, 07:24 PM
Thank you very much. This is a big help. Hmm...now I just have to figure out how to make Sokka's sword...

Actually, I belive it was Sokka's boomerang that he used in the "Jet" episode. I thought it was a dagger too at first, but on closer inspection I am pretty positive it was his boomerang.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Huuga/boomerang.jpg

I'd also like to say it's a shame I only just now saw this thread! I would have really liked to cosplay Katara for Otakon, but now it's too late. I have been planning Katara for months but decided not to wear it to Otakon. Aw, if only I knew about your Avatar group before hand, it would have been motivataion enough! ^^

DojoKonojojo
07-31-2005, 08:03 PM
I would like to cosplay some Avatar but I dont resemble anyone!
The closest thing I could possibly do is the old Earthbender guy tour guide from
"The Great Divide" episode. Or any other fat/chunky characters...maybe Pipsqueak from the "Jet" episode.

damagedgarden- Yeah, its a boomerang. I think it just have the curve side sharpened like a blade. He likes to alternate between blade and boomerang.

Runi-Chan
07-31-2005, 09:59 PM
Ah, I figured it was just his boomerang..though it does have odd, teeth-shaped something on it when he stabs it into the tree..

DojoKonojojo
08-01-2005, 01:06 AM
Ok, so I just figured out that his weapons are seperate.
He has a boomerang with the blade and then a seperate blade with the teeth.

Not that many Avatar sights with good caps but I got what I could get to make this.
CHECK ATTACHMENT FOR SOKKA'S WEAPONS.

Ironekilz
08-01-2005, 07:57 AM
Damagedgarden: The big Avatar group is going to be at Katsucon. If you're in the DC area in February, maybe you could make a costume for that?

DojoKonojojo: I would say cosplay as whomever you want! Don't let body size inhibit you.

Runi-Chan
08-01-2005, 10:28 AM
I don't know if I'll be Aang for Katsu..I might be able to pull off a Sokka, or a humanized version of Momo or Appa...I'm having trouble deciding...

DojoKonojojo
08-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Ironekilz- I think we're all a little self-conscious. :lol:

Besides, if cosplaying doesnt work for me, I can always make props.
I could do some Avatar weapons or make Katara's necklace. I just need some steady income flowing in for it to happen. :lmao:

Rurouni Ina Box- APPA! I think people would like Appa more than Momo.
Plus, YOU GET AN ARROW ON YOUR HEAD!

To Appa-
"Sokka's just jealous cause he doesnt have an arrow."~Aang

Ironekilz
08-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Heh heh, let me rephrase that to "within reason." No speedos, okay? :p

Gackt_Girl
08-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Aww..poor Gackt_Girl...*hugs* Well, I hope you can get a camera soon...did you remember the sheath for the two swords (I think they're sabers, but I'm not sure..)? The strap for that was..red, if I remember correctly.

Yup,I remembered.^^ I'll probably have to skip them tho..;; And I think they're scimitars..at least that what the things that look just like them on Final Fantasy XI are called.^^; I thought scimitars were long like spears. oh well.^^;

Gackt_Girl
08-01-2005, 03:10 PM
I don't know if I'll be Aang for Katsu..I might be able to pull off a Sokka, or a humanized version of Momo or Appa...I'm having trouble deciding...

I'd like doing Momo more.^^ You get a tail and big fuzzy ears!

off topic to Ironekilz:remind me one day to show you a pic of me Dio plushie!! ^_^

topleka
08-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Ah, sweet. Thanks for the pics Dojo, they're a great help.

Runi-Chan
08-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Hm...Appa or Momo..^.^ I'd have to figure out how to put the arrow on fur, but that is excellent; just no one jump on me..

Huh, and I said no more animal cosplay...-*shrugs, grins*- It'd be worth it for Momo or Appa..I always enjoy a challenge (and Momo's ears would be a challenge, I just know it. Along with the webbing between the arms and legs)

scimictars? Huh..I have no idea of weapon names. Heck, if they didn't mention that Bankotsu's weapon was a halberd and not just a giant sword, i'd be calling it a giant sword.

Okay, now that I'm almost definetly NOT the Aang, we need to wrangle one in...

DojoKonojojo
08-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Ironekilz- Damn, you've limited all my "special" options down to zero!
Oh my poor tangerine speedo's will never make theyre cosplay debut. :lmao:

Gackt_Girl- What weapons are you talking about? I could get reference pics. if you need them.

Topleka- I havent talk to you in a long ass time! Whats up?! Im glad I could help.
If you ever need reference pics. or info. let me know, Im pretty damn good at getting information about anything.

Rurouni Ina Box- Just get the fur, make a cardboard stencil or something of Appa's arrow patterns and then just place over the fur and spray it with a can of light brown paint. If they dont sell light brown, go easy on the trigger! :lol:

Q. for everyone(if it hasnt been previously asked)-
WHATS YOUR BENDING STYLE IF YOU COULD BEND?!
I call dibs on MetalBending! Ha!
you can bend an element on the show or bend your own element.

Runi-Chan
08-01-2005, 05:00 PM
^.^ I think i'd just use dye...I'm so glady I'll be old enough to get a JOB when (if I'm attending Katsu 06) I make an Appa, because fur-texture fabric is HELLA expensive...and if I mess up, I'm screwed. I'm sure there's a nice gentle dye out there that I could use. Considering the arrow goes the whole length of Appa's body (I will NOT have the saddle. That's just way too much of a hassle to make..), I'll have to sew a jumpsuit together for it.
The front will be a challenge too; because I'm guessing it's like..a leathery texture underneath. Or suade-y..whatever it feels like, I have to sew details into it, because it's..I can't find the words for it..like, rolls; or like Zoro's green sash, if anyone knows what I mean..

Appa has ears too...and a tail, but that'll be remarkably easy to make, compared to Momo's ears..it's just square.

Firebending. Totally..I wouldn't have the patience for airbending.

Jes
08-02-2005, 02:08 AM
FIREBENDING Foo'

topleka
08-02-2005, 02:11 AM
Hey Dojo. It has been awhile, ne?

My style would probably be waterbending. Water has always been my element, so I thinks that's what it would be if I was a bender. Although in all honestly, I'd probably be a non-bender like Sakka.

Ironekilz
08-02-2005, 06:43 AM
Gackt Girl: Ooh, Dio plushie! So cool! Whenever you have pics, let me know!

Rurouni Ina Box: Heh heh, if you were Appa or Momo you're just asking to be glomped! Hmm, yes we do need an Aang now. I wonder if I could convince my sister's boyfriend? If he just shaves the rest of his hair off...

DojoKonojojo: ;)

I'd either be an earthbender or an airbender. Probably leaning more toward earth since I'm afraid of heights!

Jes
08-02-2005, 09:51 AM
well, i guess i should explain why i chose fire... well i'm agressive, stubborn, i usually strive for the best too. *smiles*

Runi-Chan
08-02-2005, 11:25 AM
if I can go, I promise I'll strive for an Appa...but ask before you glomp; I'm only 5' 3", so when people glomp me, I tend to...*points to floor* fall over.

^.^ I'll be using a jumpsuit pattern for it; it should be an interesting adventure..and I get to have horns too! I'll have to figure out how to make them..

Ironekilz; convince him! Tell him he'll get lots of love from us Avatar fangirls..plus, he gets an arrow. An arrow. And your sister could be Katara or something...

Gackt_Girl
08-02-2005, 02:16 PM
DojoKanojojo:I got pics,thanks.^_^ Just a matter of making them. ;;

Go Appa go! XD I'd be a firebender,no doubt about it. I'm stubborn and a perfectionist,not to mention a violent sociopath.^^;; I'm a wee bit selfish too...but oh well.^^

Cosplaying ninja Zuko should be fun. XD I get to walk around and not say anything to anybody. My ultimate goal. X3 Hopefull my mom will be taking me to town this week,so I can find some dort of mask thing. it looks like it'll be made of two seperate parts;the blue with the white parts added ontop of it. confoozin. ><

Ironekilz
08-02-2005, 02:20 PM
I'll see what I can do about convincing him! And I'll definitely bring up the arrow as being a major perk. :toothy:

Jes
08-02-2005, 03:36 PM
ARROWS! *foams like crazy foaming guy*

Runi-Chan
08-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Which episode is CFG from? I'm just wondering; I may bring a felt plushie of him with me to Katsu..

ARROWS! *spazzes* That'd be so cool..

Jes
08-02-2005, 05:57 PM
4 warriors of Kyoshi

DojoKonojojo
08-02-2005, 06:03 PM
Rurouni Ina Box- Tie dye? The horns...get those horn looking canteens and spray them black...or brown...I forget Appa's horn color. Whats CFG? :stupid me:

Jes- Firebending foo'? I definitaly wouldnt fight a Firebending FooFighter! :rimshot:
yeah, it was lame. Flame is good though. Shows your very empowering.
Like the foamy mouth person in "Warriors of Kyoshi"

Topleka- Nonsense, you'd make and excellent Waterbender.
Its been too long if you ask me. My real element, I think, is fire. I'll have to get back to you on that. Do you plan on an Avatar cosplay?

Ironekilz- :sprints across you in a speedo: EWWWW!!! :lmao:
Cant argue with Rurouni...AN ARROW!!! COME ON!!!
Mention the arrows and he might get a staff too.

Since MetalBending doesnt exist, I think for real, I'd be an Earthbender.
I'd love to have wind, but I cant be that passive/evasive as an Airbender, Im all about strength, I attack!
p.s. If you want info on the bending arts let me know...I got alot of free time.

Jes
08-02-2005, 06:50 PM
CFG=Crazy Foaming Guy

Gackt_Girl
08-02-2005, 08:21 PM
I liked that guy!!!!O___O I was like 'omg frothing dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' and then i fell off my bed and landed on a shoe. 0_o; It made ow. Someone should SO cosplay teh frothing dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Runi-Chan
08-02-2005, 09:35 PM
that would be awesome.

Gackt_Girl
08-02-2005, 09:38 PM
bwahahahaha-chokes on chicken bone-

Runi-Chan
08-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Ah, no! One of our Zuko's cannot choke on a chicken bone! *hemileich manuver*

Gackt_Girl
08-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Okay I'm better. Nooo Uncle don't give me tea!!!! ><

Ironekilz
08-03-2005, 06:56 AM
There's an idea, my sister should go as CFC! LOL! She would like to go as someone no one else is doing, so let's have a rundown again of who people are planning to go as.

If her boyfriend goes to Katsucon he said he'd be cool with being Aang! He's already balding so it's no big deal for him to shave the rest of his head and come on, the arrow? That convinced him right then and there! :bigtu:

Runi-Chan
08-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Are you serious? That's awesome! You must bring them with you...

Jes
08-03-2005, 10:24 AM
OMG YOU SO MUST. :> I BIRDY SMILED FOR YOU. MY father would be the PERFECT Iroh. he's so awesome... Maybe i should get him to cosplay. :>

Ironekilz
08-03-2005, 11:22 AM
LOL! Let's make a deal, I bring Aang and you bring Iroh? ;)

Jes
08-03-2005, 11:57 AM
I'll try.
<3

Gackt_Girl
08-03-2005, 01:44 PM
i wish i knew someone who looked like uncle iroh.i have a friend that looks like aang,but his mom won't let him cosplay.^^; He's small and hyper and likes to irritate me. he's almost bald too.

DojoKonojojo
08-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Uncle Iroh is the best character! Just like Uncle from "Jackie Chan Adventures".
They should just have a show about Uncles.

"See, you, like most people, underestimate the importance of the Lotus tile. It is essential for the unusual strategy I employ. Just give me some time to check the merchants at port and then I can move on with my life." ~Uncle Iroh
Yeah, its not verbatum, but its close.

Jes- Thanks for the def.

Gackt_Girl- Just get some Alka-Seltzer in your mouth and run wild! But get the cherry kind cause original will taste NASTY!
Ginseng tea is his fav.! :lol:

Everyone round up family members that resemble Avatar characters! :lol:
My bio. dad kinda resembles the leader of the finicky people in "The Great Divide".
I'll ask. :lol:

Runi-Chan
08-03-2005, 02:55 PM
An Iroh? I would love you forever for bringing an Iroh...I might convince my dad to cosplay someone from Avatar..or at least cosplay...right now he's more of a FMA fan than avatar..

Need to search for jumpsuit patterns, because that'll form the basis for some of the cosplays I have planned (including Appa)

Oh, right, rundown of who's going as who;

Rurouni_Ina_Box: Appa, human-ized

Streudle
08-03-2005, 02:57 PM
I was thinking about doing either the Kyoshi warriors, or appa(i think that is how it is spelled). Appa would be little ambitious, considering school and the massive amounts of artwork I need to do, but yeah. Mabye for Katsucon, if I can manage to go. :razz:

Jes
08-03-2005, 03:10 PM
My dad calls me Zuko. :< but he's gone business for this month.. so i'm sad. and my mom's attitude is ozai.. *CRY* so i'm stuck with her for a month. :<

Runi-Chan
08-03-2005, 03:11 PM
*raises hand* I'm doing a humanized version of Appa, but I'm guessing you mean a fursuit. I don't think there's anyone here who can help you with that, but Adakie (search for her name..) has done a few fursuits, and she could help ya.

But Kyoshi warrior would be easier on you.

Also: there IS a thread over in the Katsucon forums, so if you are going to strive to come to Katsu this coming year and cosplay from Avatar, please visit the thread...*begs*

Aw, Jes...just don't provoke them..they just wait for the chance to pounce, believe me..*sister is the same way*

Jes
08-03-2005, 04:32 PM
I try not to :<

DojoKonojojo
08-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Rurouni Ina Box- :lmao: I just started getting into FMA!

Streudle- Kyoshi warrior is easier.

Jes- It sucks when you get the opposite of something you want! :lol:

Oh and as for rundown, Im ATTEMPTING/TRYING/NOT SURE but I might do the Earthbender tourguide from "The Great Divide". I wont get an arrow but I'll have an arm sling! :lol:

Jes
08-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Yey.

Gackt_Girl
08-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Yaaaay alkaseltzer!!!!! or whipped cream! XD

family members...!! my uncle glenn looks like uncle iroh kinda. o.o; I wish my parents liked anime..-hangs head- My mom watched Fruits Basket with me,and my stepdad-wether or not he admits it-watches Last Exile from the corner of his eye when I watch it.^^; They still say it's dumb.

I can't attend Katsucon. ;; I shouldn't even be here.. :walkoff: *walks away hanging head* Everyone has to show me lots of pictures though,cause my not-yet-made Zuko plushie said so!! ;;

Jes
08-03-2005, 08:26 PM
I am in progress of making a zuko plushie. :>

Gackt_Girl
08-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Yee.^_^

Runi-Chan
08-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Awesome! I must see it...

Jes
08-04-2005, 01:51 AM
will do. <3

Ironekilz
08-04-2005, 06:51 AM
Gackt Girl: Eee! I love your avatar! Where'd you get him? (sorry, fangirled there for a moment). Aw, you can't go to Katsucon? That stinks. Yep, we'll definitely have pics for you!

Runi-Chan
08-04-2005, 12:09 PM
*vows* We'll make sure to get pictures for you.

And your avatar rocks..*fangirls it*

Jes
08-04-2005, 04:07 PM
True dat. true dat. :>

Gackt_Girl
08-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Thanks a bunch for compliment.^_^ <33 I found muh lil Dio on a japanese Last Exile fanart site next to the guestbook.^^; You're welcome to save him and keep him as your pet.

Yay! Lots o' photos! ^__^ I even asked my mom I fI could go but she said no way. ;; But oh well. Pics are great.^_^

I went cosplay shopping and couldn't find a mask thing for my Zuko costume. ;; So I don't know what I'm gona do. I can probably have my mom take me to the good stores in the next town.^^'

Jes
08-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Good luck with that!

Gackt_Girl
08-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Thankies^^

Ironekilz
08-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Gackt Girl: Thanks! ::yoinks Dio:: I second Jes, good luck!

Gackt_Girl
08-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Thank you ^___^ I'm gonna do muh best. <3

Jes
08-16-2005, 08:09 AM
REMEMBER GUYS, FRIDDDDAAAAYYYYY Or if you see me at all, ZUKO. :> my mask might not be great, because it's rushed. xD

Ironekilz
08-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Cool, I'll keep my eyes open then! ::bouncing off walls at the thought of Otakon::

Runi-Chan
08-16-2005, 04:06 PM
::is bouncing too:: I'm such a spaz; I'll see you while I'm Russell and still be like "OMG, ZUKO! Have meh babies! ^.^"

Gackt_Girl
08-17-2005, 08:29 PM
XD Russel/Zuko babies...-twitch- ^^' Lol. have lots of fun guys. ^_^

Runi-Chan
08-17-2005, 08:33 PM
We'll try to get pictures for you, I promise..I'll be searching for her at Ota.

kawaii_otaku
08-18-2005, 01:06 AM
OH ISH, I'M ON GRACE'S NAME HARHAR. I don't feel like logging off. and yeah. Zuko'd be all, HELLZNO. I DUN DO BABIES. I EAT THEM.

Ironekilz
08-18-2005, 06:37 AM
Babies! ::chomp:: Heading over to Otakon this afternoon. Hope to see some of you there!

Runi-Chan
08-18-2005, 11:02 AM
I won't be there till friday.

And I'll still be crazy..^.^ See you there Friday!

Gackt_Girl
08-19-2005, 09:21 PM
Mm,babies. Hope you guys are having fun! ^^

Runi-Chan
08-21-2005, 02:42 AM
Actually, I completely missed her *tear*

Gackt_Girl
08-21-2005, 07:07 PM
Aww -cry-

Jes
08-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Yeah i was only in the morning of friday. I COULDN'T STAND THE HEAT, I'M SO SORRY GUYS :< i was also riku again. I am so FREAKING sorry!

Runi-Chan
08-22-2005, 10:41 AM
it's okay. As long as you have pictures in Zuko.

Jes
08-22-2005, 01:14 PM
like, one, that's it. but yeah. :< sorry guys.

Ironekilz
08-23-2005, 07:11 AM
Ah, so that explains why I didn't see you. I thought maybe I wasn't looking hard enough! :thumbsup:

Jes
08-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Well, guys, here's the link :> http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b49/Rainbow_raharu/bluespirit.jpg Ignore the badges. :> and the mask was rushed... >> so yeah.

Ironekilz
08-24-2005, 06:25 AM
Oh I don't know, it looks pretty good to me!

Runi-Chan
08-24-2005, 09:49 AM
i agree; that's a good costume.

Jes
08-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Oh thanks guys! :>

Gackt_Girl
08-27-2005, 05:59 PM
WOO it kicks an obscene amount of butt. XD Go Mcpeedle!

Runi-Chan
08-27-2005, 07:44 PM
I might not be able to bring myself as Appa to Katsu, guys..sorry. But if I see you all, I'll say hi, I promise.

Gackt_Girl
08-28-2005, 08:29 PM
AW,too bad. :( Pooness. But oh well.^^ AND PM ME WITH YOUR FINISHED GAARA COSPLAY! XDDDD

Ironekilz
08-29-2005, 07:12 AM
Aw, no Appa? :( I'm going to try my best to get to Katsucon with a costume. I just moved though, so I need to get my stuff in order before I start working on it.

Gackt_Girl
08-30-2005, 11:12 AM
Movin sucks like that. :P

Runi-Chan
08-30-2005, 11:19 AM
moving indeed does.
(And Gackt_girl, I promise I'll PM you a picture of finished Bedtime Gaara..I'm just trying to figure out the makeup now [to make my eyebrows go poof!])

Jes
09-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Aw, no Appa? :<

Gackt_Girl
09-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Nope,no Appa. ;; *gasp!* Jes, you're going to AWA?!?!?!?! OMG YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XDDD

(Rurouni: lotsa foundation was my method. Was visible upon close inspection but for photos was very convincing. ^^ )

Aleego
09-11-2005, 10:38 PM
I might go to the Onna Con as Katara... :)

Ironekilz
09-12-2005, 07:09 AM
Okay, I'm still settling into my apartment, but I printed out reference pics for Kyoshi and have started at least THINKING about how to attempt the costume.

Gackt_Girl
09-12-2005, 08:59 AM
I don't think it would be too Hard. Maybe start with a dark green kimono and put the other stuff outside of it? I'll check for a pic pf her when i get home,stupid school computers won't let me look up pictures ><

Ironekilz
09-13-2005, 06:29 AM
It shouldn't be TOO hard ::knocks on wood:: except there's a kind of layered effect on the under kimono that I'm not sure how to duplicate. Let me see if I can find a pic to show what I mean...

Ah, this should do:

http://www.avatarfans.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=221\

I think Suki and the other warriors wear something similar. Any ideas?

Gackt_Girl
09-13-2005, 08:33 AM
I see what you mean. What I would do to avoid wearing like a billion kimonos is maybe just make a layered skirt with three 'half-skirts' over the main dress part of the kimono. The outter part just looks like a regular chinese robe. You could find someone on cosplay.com who did a random fushigi yuugi outfit for more held on that. xD

Gackt_Girl
09-13-2005, 08:40 AM
I might go to the Onna Con as Katara... :)

Woo! Katara has a cool outfit. ^-^ :bigtu: Gewd Luk!

Parasaurolophus
09-13-2005, 10:00 AM
It shouldn't be TOO hard ::knocks on wood:: except there's a kind of layered effect on the under kimono that I'm not sure how to duplicate. Let me see if I can find a pic to show what I mean...

Ah, this should do:

http://www.avatarfans.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=221\

I think Suki and the other warriors wear something similar. Any ideas?

It almost looks like the Kyoshi warriors are actually wearing very poofy pants under a thin overskirt (the balloon pants poofing the skirt out) : http://www.avatarfans.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=255
To make the multiple layers, you'd want to construct a wrap dress, and add a few layers below the upper section. You wouldn't have to make each layer a full underdress.

Ironekilz
09-14-2005, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the ideas guys! I'll definitely have to start experimenting soon.

Gackt_Girl
09-14-2005, 08:22 AM
^-^ Best of luck!! We need pics when you're finished!

Jes
09-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Baloon Pants :>

Ironekilz
09-15-2005, 06:17 AM
Sure thing! As soon as I have something to show, I'll post.

As long as they're not parachute pants! :p

Gackt_Girl
09-15-2005, 07:44 AM
BALOOON

WOOT for pictures! ^-^does anybody know how to put a wig into a ponytail?it's not greatest quality(kmart fer $8^^;)but it's long and black and i can use ot for zuko!

Ironekilz
09-15-2005, 07:51 AM
Hmm, if it's not that great of quality then you might want to buy some extra hair and weft it in so you don't see netting when you pull the hair up. I haven't done that before so unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for how to go about doing that.

Gackt_Girl
09-18-2005, 02:31 PM
k i'll try that.^^ thankies

Ironekilz
09-22-2005, 08:52 AM
Good luck!

Jes
09-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Gambate! :>