PDA

View Full Version : Making a minion! :D

Ayumi
05-03-2005, 10:21 AM
My little sister and I are doing World Of Warcraft characters for upcoming con, and her character is a warlock. Warlocks can summon minions, which is one of their signature spells :D

So! The only logical one to create as a prob is called a 'voidwalker' but its still kinda detailed. It stands maybe up to a human shoulder. I have a few images, but I have never made a prob before, so this is where I need help.

How can I make this minion. I thought about chicken wire and then maybe paper mache over it, finally coated with blue paint and what not, but Im not sure if it would bent or stay together, could anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance!
-Ayu

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/Silv3rWings/Kongarth3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v23/Silv3rWings/kongarth.jpg

MercuryD
05-03-2005, 10:27 AM
The problem I see with making a voidwalker would be the fact that it's a human-height, overly wide object. The base of a Voidwalker isn't very wide, and with the top-heavy design of the voidwalker, it would have to have some sort of wide base to stand up on its own. Would you carry it around all the time?
My suggestions would be:
A) If you have a gal friend, have her dress up as a succubus. No worries about transporting the prop that way.
B) Make an imp. Maybe as a plushie, or something, so you can carry it around, or have it sit on your shoulder, or something. It's small, which would be easier to manage.
(Level 48 Hunter of Lothar. :P)

ChrowX
05-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Expanding ont he plushie idea.. why not a voidwalker plushie?

If not that, I'd go with having someone wear the voidwalker you construct, little easier than having to drag it around..

Take my advice.. I'm constructing a Karasu (big arse puppet) and it's going to be a big enough hassel already dragging this around with me at ACen.

fightstar
05-03-2005, 02:30 PM
or maybe a "chibi plushy voidwalker"! Oh, now that would be so cute and people would so want to drop some made cash to take it off you hands.

Ayumi
05-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Actually they would be very cute :D <3 plushies.

MurcuryD:: Id have to pay someone big cash to walk around in nothing::cough:: I mean a succubus costume, especially since the last patch lol. Would be a great minion costume though :P

Thanks for the tips! :D Im good at making costumes but when it comes to plushies I havent dared tried, Ill post with some updates if I get any.

Im glad I came home to read this post, I was just about to go to Home Depot and get some chickenwire :P

I wish i had a pic of the succubus before the patch, that really would be a fun costume ^_~ ty for helpful hints! :D

voidwalker plushie here I come :D