PDA

View Full Version : What did you think of the Con?

Bonk
01-12-2003, 05:42 PM
Heh, I loved OhayoCon, and thought it was really fun, even though I had to walk around with my parents and didn't get to stay long today or yesterday -Sigh-. I wanted to stay longer, but my mom was getting bored(And scared of some of the people, may I add >>), soo, we hadta go.

Anyways, what did you think of OhayoCon? Like I said before, I loved it, and thought it was awsome. Especially because the MegaTokyo guys were there and I got their autographs, and because there was a ton of Hikaru no Go merchandise, and because there was a ton of other merchandise, and because I bought a ton of merchandise -Heh-. This was my first Con, so I was going insane over all of the stuff at it Xx. I think I'm going to go to every Con I can now. Heh.

Oooh, and what did you think of the cosplayers there, too? I saw quite a few good costumes, and recognized quite a few costumes(though I didn't take quite a few pictures of quite a few good costumes, since I conviently didn't remember I had my camera >>), and had a good time guessing to myself the ones that I didn't recognize, and wondering how long some people spent on theirs. Heh. My costumes were of Kouichi Kimura on Saturday, though only one person recognized it, and everyone else likely thought I was some idiot in a bright green shirt, purple long sleeved shirt, tan pants, and blue hat who had no sense of fashion, and then on Sunday/Today my costume was Monkey D. Luffy at Age Five/His 'Anchor' outfit, but I didn't get to wear it long, since I had to go home after a few hours, but anyways, during the short time I wore it, I got two pictures taken of me, had about eight or nine people recognize who I was cosplaying as, got some nice comments on the outfit, and got pointed at by a few people too who either knew who I was cosplaying as and thought it was funny, or was wondering why I was wearing a shirt that said 'Anchor' ^^'. I personally think my Luffy costume was cool, and looked pretty dead-on right too, with the only fault being that I was wearing my black rock 'n roll hall of fame bucket hat since my hair was totally messed up, so I had to grab my bucket hat since I decided it wouldn't look to bad with my outfit. Oh well -Shruggers- I had fun.

Oh, and the best thing that I got from the con was Pocky. -Is now obsessed with it- I ate about half of a box of it on the way back to NW Ohio, and my mom likes it now too Oo. Heh, the second best thing I got from the con was likely Fred Gallagher's autograph, then followed by all the killer cool stuff I bought.

Man, I can't wait 'till Anime North and the CN Anime Expo, and any other Cons I'll be allowed to go to ^^.

Oy, I rambled on again, oh well ^^.

KnuxieChan
01-12-2003, 06:52 PM
It was ok, but I really missed Rhiannon, she was suppose to be Arshe. I was Dark Schneider ^^; I sucked a kaeroke, I thought I sang better then that.. Anyway, I had fun, but Sugoicon was abit more fun..

Bobbi
01-12-2003, 07:13 PM
I had an awesome time despite being stuck in Con Ops on the 2nd floor for 8 or so hours a day. I'm glad I got to meet quite a few new people! I had a blast! ^^;

Ameria
01-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Woo hoo, I had some fun! ^_^ I even got to take pics with other One Piece cosplayers like DMG! =D And I got the Luffy Pirate fleet flag from the dealer's room and wore it like a cape on Sunday. XD

Although there weren't a ton of people who instantly recognized my group, we had lots of fun and had a good amount of pics taken.

The con itself was nice, though I have to admit I was surprised at how short the cosplay was...that and the fact that Jerith wouldn't Yatta for us. ;.; Ah well, I especially loved the Streetfighter skit. XD *glad she got to use her first camcorder and tape most of the cosplay*

The cosplayers in general were great! I took so many pics, so if Monkey D. Luffy ran up to you asking for pics non-stop, I thoroughly apologize for any delays that might have taken up your walking time. ^^;

That being said....HAIL POCKY AND YATTA!!!!!!!! XD

Bonk
01-12-2003, 08:26 PM
XP I liked the place where you got the flag at, ^^, I bought two boxes of pocky there before I left, plus a bunch of pins XP That place had two things cheaper there than the other place that was selling stuff-Cheaper pins, and a cheaper flag. I'm still amaised you guys got that flag for so much less than the other place. -Heh-.

Ooh, and a picture of me ^^ coolness, but I look like a total idiot XP. -Points to the little pin on the bottom and off to the side of her shirt- That's a pin of Waya from Hikaru no Go that I bought at the same stand as where Ameria-Chan got the flag, -heh- I bought about four of them and was using them to keep the black on the bottom of my shirt where it was supposed to be, since I stupidly didn't stitch around the bottom. -Dies- Well, that's about all I can say right now, my parents're yelling at me -Glares at them-.

-DMG

KnuxieChan
01-12-2003, 08:33 PM
Heheh. I bought so many plushies.. I GOT DOMO-KUN! XDDD And Ganon.

OMG, We did the Yatta song at Kaeroke XD That as so fun! Anyone get any sleep there? I know I didn't..

Bonk
01-12-2003, 08:36 PM
I got some sleep, but not much >> Our Hotel was right smack dab in the middle of the airport >< we were right across the street from the stupid control tower, and thus, I heard jets flying overtop of it every fifteen minutes x______x. Oh well.

Ameria
01-12-2003, 08:56 PM
Sleep? What is this "sleep" you speak of?

XD

Anyway yes DMG-san, you can't believe how happy we were to get that flag. Here's the story for anyone who doesn't know: We found the Luffy pirate fleet flag in the dealer's room, but the place selling it wanted $75. *coughRIPOFFcough* On Sunday, however, we found the same flag at the House of Anime tables and bought it for $25. I wish I knew the name of the expensive place. I'd get the word out. -.-;

Oh, and you look fine DMG-san! ^^ Hikaru no Go rocks too, I saw some at AFO3. My group and I all got matching One Piece plushies for our costumes. ^^ And Zoro and I ran down the hall waving the flag and conquering the con at the last possible moment..when they least expect it! XD

...I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED YATTA AT KARAOKE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;.; We sang Memories from OP towards the beginning and I made up my own harmony for it. XD I think after all my screaming and cheering beforehand I blew out my voice for it. My throat is so sore right now..

By the way, did anyone notice that the hotel REALLY pimped out water for us? I don't think I've ever had that much ice water in such a short time...

Okay, now that I've officially had 5 conversations at once, I think I'll wrap this post up. XD

Bobbi
01-12-2003, 09:08 PM
Ameria-chan! I remember you! I have a few pics of you, hopefully they'll get posted on my site tonight. I was Utena on Friday (the shorter one with light pink hair) and Misao on Friday night and Saturday.

I hardly got any sleep. I didn't go to bed until about 3 am on Thursday night. I woke up at 6 am on Friday to sit in Con-ops. I was totally drained all day on Saturday. I caught up on some sleep Sunday morning though.

Mallory, your costume came out really good! Everyone did such a great job on all their costumes for that matter! ^_^;

Ameria
01-12-2003, 09:14 PM
Eee, yay I remember you! Yay Misao! =D

^_^

Bobbi
01-12-2003, 09:17 PM
Yay! It's me!!! ^_^;;

I didn't have my leg thingies on then... my bf was sleeping and I didn't want to wake him up searching for the bag I put em in. =P

Bonk
01-12-2003, 09:19 PM
I saw the water while I was standing in line for MegaTokyo autographs(two or three hours I stood there Xx I wish I woulda worn my Luffy costume on that day, it would have been more comfortable than the ebil easy-to-get-hot-in-in-a-packed-place-Kouichi-costume), but I didn't know who it was for -Feels stupid now- My mouth was really dry too, so I could hardly tell Fred Gallagher I wanted 'Piro with Neko Ears' when he asked me what I wanted along with my autograph XP. Oh well.

Oh, and I got a little more time online, all thanks to pocky XP I bribed my mom for a little more time by giving her some of my strawberry mousse pocky. Oh well.

TheLoneWolf
01-12-2003, 10:11 PM
Con rating:
5/10

In my opinion,everything DIED after saturday.There were few to no of the japanese guests.Since there were no message boards,there were no really big parties.Out of the 3 the Video Rooms,2 were closed practically 1/3 of the time,and practically EVERY event I wanted to go to:
=Cancelled blahblahblahblah.......=
Need I go on?

KnuxieChan
01-12-2003, 10:22 PM
Yeah, it was abit unorginized (sp?) wasn't it? Some of the prices in the dealer's room were abit too expensive. It was sorta dead the whole time. Most of the people were playing DDR. I think they take that game abit to seriously..

Oh well, atleast I got my Bastard!! artbook for cheap. It was $46, but I got to buy it for $32 ^^;

OMG, did you hear what happened to Melchoir's Tetsugia? Ugh... some lady broke it RIGHT in half. He was so upset.. ;.;..

Melchior
01-12-2003, 10:47 PM
Blar. I hate normals.

If you know what's good for you and your costume, never let a normal touch your props, especially one dressed like an MTV veejay with the attitude to match.

She was interviewing our group for the local cable station, and was incredibly reckless handling Tessaiga. She smacked it into the floor and it just snapped in half, right there in front of me. I have honestly never seen such a great act of stupidity in my entire life, and they caught it on camera.

Two f*cking weeks after I had finished fixing it, sanding it, and repainting it. It was beautiful - and it was the one thing of my costume I had actually made myself. It was the ONLY thing I could really legitimately be proud of. It now sits in my closet, broken in two, right across the blade.

They ARE going to compensate me for it, but only like $100. That barely covers the materials in it, and doesnt account for the time I put into it. I AM going to make another one, and make it a bit more moron-proof.

Some people suggested ideas to fix it, although I just don't want to look at it right now. Instead, I'm going to make an entirely new sword. If I try and fix it, all I'll be able to think about will be that I am cleaning up after SOMEONE ELSES STUPIDITY. If I make a new one, I see it as an entirely new project. So yea..

Lesson of the day folks. NEVER let an idiot handle your props if you dont want them coming back to you in more pieces than they are supposed to be in.

Aya Mikage
01-12-2003, 11:13 PM
>< like i told you, had a been there, i would have maid the biggest scene and embaressed the crap outa her>< that thing was BEAUTIFUL!!!>< damn, now im mad>< and i fel so bad for you!!! it was sooooooooooooooooooooo freaken BEAUTIFUL!!

silent_hippo
01-12-2003, 11:17 PM
overall, i give it 7/10.

There was an octect rule to the rooms, no more than 8 people in a room. and like 12 per suite, plus the hotel was cracking down on in-room parties, capacity, noise, and other misc items not to be named. I met ALOT of FUUUNNN people there though.

Nothing is betting than chatting with strangers at 4:30 am and making new friends.

The rave was actually (imo) pretty good. i went down there at around 2:30 am. s for DDR, the machine was a nice touch, but they should of had the TV and old fashioned dance pads ( the line was just tooo long).

AMV's were great this year.

The one cowboy beebop AMV to sing, sing, sing! was phenomenal. EVERYTHING in that video was scynronized to the song. and i also liked the happy happy joy joy, and invader zim video.

Costumes were amazing!! I'm surprized what some five gallon buckets and a little foam can do! and the props were out standing!! Melchoir, sorry to hear about Tessaiga, may it rest in peace.

TheLoneWolf
01-13-2003, 08:36 AM
Sing! Sing! Sing! was pretty awesome.The Macross Zero ep on the other hand,was pretty dissappointing....
People were pretty nice,met some people I'd like to meet again!
Oh,and Mel,you always have to remember,When you turn on the telly,you will always hear: "Scientists have made a breakthrough in the fight against cancer" or "Scientists have made a breakthrough in the fight against AIDS",but you will NEVER hear: "Scientists have made a breakthrough in the fight against stupidity"....need I say more?

Melchior
01-13-2003, 09:42 AM
Yea.. Its like every time you think you idiot-proof something, their elite idiot scientists come up with a new form of stupid or something.

The con was fun otherwise tho. A great improvement from last year. Stuff was organized, and quite fun.

Rosiel
01-13-2003, 10:08 AM
Ohayocon was... well, I can't say, as I spent most of the time in my room and not in the con per se. X__X

Friday, the only day I had some freedom, was pretty dead. Few cosplayers, few attendees, but then I had to return to my room at about 7 for last minute sewing panic. (I hate not being done in advance, especially when I am not done by a long shot.)

Saturday, which is generally the best day, I spent in my room, giving the cel-painting workshop, then rushing to change in time to make the last few minutes of the Masquerade runthrough (the staff was really nice and let us be last so I could do both my workshop and the contest.) The 54 party, while hushed due to noise complaints, was a lot of fun.

Sunday, I rushed from packing to my workshop to chatting a bit before leaving.

Hence I didn't really get to experience most of the convention.
But, all in all, even counting bruises and exhaustion, it was well worth it.

die-sama
01-13-2003, 01:25 PM
it was fun.. at least the couple hours of it spent in the main hall *lol*
I walked down to dealers room and turned back the line was too long
i dindt spend any time there on friday since i was at a friends house in columbus
but all in all i thought the cosplay was better and it was a drama-free con for me
so all was cool :D
all the bruises were worth it!

LionBoogy
01-13-2003, 01:35 PM
Highlights:
I FINALLY got to talk to Rosiel! yay! We're both always sooo busy!
More talk with Celiiiinnnee~~, Keith, Sara, Al, Melchoir, "Mooolaniee~~", crazy Scott and Darcy, and a whole buncha people!
The COLD weather. Believe it or not, the main reason I came out was because I never did a con report in the middle of snowy cold weather. So that was a challenge I had to do (among other things, hehe).
I got my mega-sized Sazabi in the Dealer's Room! For those who don't know, I've been eagerly looking for this all last year.
My voice was gone but I never lost my insane energy! hehe

Lowlights:
Nothing! haha

- Lionel

KnuxieChan
01-13-2003, 01:58 PM
>The rave was actually (imo) pretty good

I had to guard the door from all those *beeping*morons. "My crotch is glowing!' 'Let us in!' I did like this one comment though.. I was abit IC when they said it too 'I'll have sex with you!' I fell over XD After I let them in finally some of them apoligzed to me, but that one guy shut them up when he shouted at them. That was cool. It was hard to dance to most of the songs. *shrugs*Ah well.

Bobbi
01-13-2003, 02:17 PM
I'm sorry James. At least they're going to compensate some of the money spent on it. I hope you're new one will be much more idiot-proof. It really did look a lot nicer as white instead of silver.

I really didn't get to enjoy the con as much as I would've liked to. Though when I was off duty, I did get the chance. I barely had any money to spend, so I didn't get to go to any of the workshops I wanted to. Next year, I'm definately not staffing. Though I probably will get an artists table.

I think one of the best parts was open-mic night. When James sat on the stage while (ugh... can't remember her name now) sang the 1st Inuyasha ending song. Hehee. Everyone seemed to love that. ^^; She was a good singer too.

I felt bad seeing poor Kuja standing outside to smoke a cigarette, while his hair and cape type thingy billowed in the wind. Though the billowing hair and fabric made it funny. ;) Poor guy. I was freezing standing inside!

Rosiel
01-13-2003, 02:27 PM
> I FINALLY got to talk to Rosiel! yay! We're both always sooo busy!

I know! It was so nice having company in my cel panel, because by then everyone was concentrating on painting and NOT on listening to me. X__X

I wish I could have talked to you more on Sunday too!

And about the dance... I HATED IT.

Too much mindless boomboomboom, not enough anime-game-jpop. I was amazed that someone else screamed "Play some MUSIC" at one point. Most of the tracks were noise.

Last year's was /so/ much better.

And now the huge pet peeve.

The one thing I absolutely hated about Ohayocon this year was the number of EXTREMELY RUDE people. I actually was reduced to cursing at one point, and it's a well known fact I never curse.

I had people run into me (not hit-sorry-walk away), I mean, there is space for three people to walk by easily and they manage to walk straight into my wing and stay stuck in it as long as possible almost dragging me away with them. And NOT apologize. One girl in particular I remember vividly and had I worn my Yuber costume on Sunday, I might have "accidentally" hit her shins with King Crimson as I carried it around.

I lost track of the number of people who pushed me at the dance, and someone shoved Katan so hard had I not been there to catch her she would have fallen. Some ^#%%@$ twirling his sweatshirt hit me in the face and sadly I failed in my attempt to grab it and wrench it from his hold.

X__X

Ameria
01-13-2003, 02:56 PM
#1 Melchior-san, I was so so so so so sorry to hear about Tetsusaiga! ;.; That was blatant lack of common sense. I would have Luffy Punched some intelligence into that person. -.-

#2 I knew I recognized you Rosiel-san! You were the one in the black and white holding the two swords, right?

Rosiel
01-13-2003, 03:04 PM
> I knew I recognized you Rosiel-san! You were the one in the black and white holding the two swords, right?

Yes I was! That costume was Yuber from Suikoden III, and my happy comfy outfit... so that I only had to be in pain for the Masq and not all weekend long.

What were you wearing? I didn't get to meet many people since I was always trying to get something done and didn't get much time to relax... and spent most of the weekend doing a convincing impression of a ball of stress. X__X

Bobbi
01-13-2003, 03:23 PM
Rosiel, I think I missed you! I was trying to keep my eye out for you but I didn't know what you'd be wearing.

I agree, there were tons of rude people there. I got bumped quite a few times too. Once someone almost knocked my shoulder pieces off Utena! Grrr... Luckily I was able to run in the bathroom and adjust them again.

Eurobeat King
01-13-2003, 03:53 PM
*whew!* I survived the weekend, and am back to work, tired as heck, but I had a fun time at Ohayocon, which mainly was taking cosplay pictures and hanging out with friends. :) Enjoyed seeing it snow on Friday, but did NOT enjoy going out in the snow-storm Friday night, and even dressed as Tsuzuki didn't help me with the cold. It was even worse on Saturday, when I wore my new Trowa costume (thanks to Erika) everytime a door opened I froze my assets off.. :thumbsup:

Best part of the con was sitting outside the Main Events room on FR and SAT. night, playing my Eurobeat music and printing out pictures of my close, cosplayer friends. I plan to do that at Katsucon, so keep an eye (and ear) for my little set-up. ;)

Got a lot of nice pictures, over 750+, and sent them today (Monday) to admin, so hopefully he'll receive them tomorrow and put them up soon. :) My apologies if I missed someone's costumes, since there were a lot out there.

Need to go back to work, but I'll write another post later tonite, and give shouts out to. :)

Bonk
01-13-2003, 04:19 PM
Aww ;_; your Tetsusaiga broke? I'm pretty sure I saw you showing it to a dealer on Saturday, and I remembered I stopped walking just to gaze at it's prettyfulness. It seems idiots are always out there to ruin the best things in the world -_-'.

I got ran into quite a few times also, and not apologized to. I may be just 12, but I'm still a fruggin human who deserves to be apologized to. I remember I got ran into most when I was wearing my Kouichi outfit, and once the person that ran into me even knocked the MegaTokyo poster and book I was holding out of my hands and I had to scramble to pick it up, but they just kept on walking -Sigh-. I didn't get run into at all on Sunday when I was wearing my Luffy outfit, although some big guy who wasn't wearing a shirt(Just a coat, he wrote something like 'I killed skelator' on his chest in blue marker or something >>) kept almost running into me 'cause he was fighting with some other people >>.

Though, there was some nice people there. My dad commented on how he didn't hear any cussing(Though, I did) and how most of the people were good mannered(Though, some weren't) and stuff, even though he said the Con was a bit odd. He's not an anime fan like I am >>.

Oh, and when I went to school today, I was wearing the pins I bought on my pullover, and someone pointed at the Sesshomaru one I was wearing and said 'Why does that girl look so weird?' >> I nearly slugged the baka that called Sesshi a girl. I spent most of the first ten minutes of class explaining about how Sesshomaru was a guy, though, I'm pretty sure she still isn't completely convinced he is one -_-.

Celine
01-13-2003, 05:11 PM
This con, as a con, was blah (dealer's room was pathetic, game room was kind of messy and laid out poorly, imo)... however, I had a great time thanks to seeing friends and meeting new people. ^_^ I would like to state that members from this board rock, a lot. Several of you I'd spoken to on this board, but finally got to meet in person. The weather sucked a LOT (and I'm an idiot who brought three costumes, all of which had bare arms). The location was nice, with convenient food, and the hotel was pretty. Our room was huuuuuuuge! I am also happy to have found a super close convention (three hours is NOTHING!).

I was actually quite underwhelmed by the cosplay at Ohayocon. Perhaps it was the small number of attendees, but there just wasn't that much which really impressed me. This isn't to say that there were a lot of bad costumes- there just weren't that many costumes at all! However, it was interesting to see two of the new FFX-2 Rikkus... and only one Yuna at the entire con! Craziness!

Melchior, I feel terrible about your beautiful sword and wish you the best trying to make an idiot-proof version. I'm very happy I got the chance to see it on Friday before the incident. Sometimes life just sucks, and it's such a shame when rotten things happen to good people. I do look forward to seeing you again some time and wish there was something I could do to cheer you up!

Lionel, is your voice coming back yet?? ^_~ Mwehehe... see you at Katsucon. Dress warmly next time! Fear our cold east coast weather!

Shippo, it was neat meeting you and seeing your Dark Schneider costume! ^_^ Too bad you decided not to do a FF9 costume, since there were only three of us.

Al..... I can't wait to see your pictures... but I bet I look fat and ugly in all of them!

Rosiel & Darcy & everyone else who entered- congrats on the masquerade! I sort of wanted to see it, but that line! Agh! I don't have the patience... but I heard great things about the masquerade. ^_^

Melchior
01-13-2003, 05:44 PM
Here's my gallery. I didnt' take all that many pictures this year.

http://www.ksuanime.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=12

And thanks everyone. I'm already looking forward to making a new one! Celine, you should email me pics of the weapons you want asap ;)

SyntaxGlitch
01-13-2003, 06:01 PM
Whee! I don't really know much of anybody here, but a friendly Yamato/Matt from Digimon (Who did an EXCELLENT job with the hairstyle :D) told me to come here, and I'm a big cosplay fan so I'll post anyways....

Ohayocon this year was my first ever anime convention, as well as my first ever time in cosplay. I had a great time, mostly chasing people around with my digicam and looking at all the costumes. I missed Friday entirely, but I was there most of Saturday and a good bit Sunday.

There wasn't a whole lot in the video rooms I was interested in, though I did catch a weird but fun new series. I wanted to see Excel Saga, but the room was PACKED. Couldn't they have had bigger rooms for the anime? I mean, that's suposedly the whole reason for the con.... ^^;

The game room was mostly a bunch of fighting games (not my thing) and a DDR machine with lines waaaay too long for my tastes. :( Didn't bother with it at all except for snapping a few cosplay pics.

The dealer room had lots of stuff for me to drool over and was pretty crowded. Sadly, I had very little extra money, so I couldn't buy much.

The art room was... there. And that's about all. Some of the artists with tables set up in the halls were pretty good though.

The only panel I was at was the MegaTokyo one. Fred is my HERO.

I did manage to snap a lot of cosplay photos. Final Fantasy and Digimon cosplayers made me very happy. One guy had a full-body moogle outfit, and another (VERY VERY BRAVE) guy had a Kuja costume. Sw33t! I saw two FFX-2 Rikkus, which was a little weird. Is that game even out yet? I wish I'd been able to get some pics of the people together... I saw a nicely done Cloud on Saturday and a nicely done Aerith on Sunday. Wish I could've posed them together. :D

I ended up spending most of my time being randomly sociable at other cosplayers, which is always fun.

As for the photos I took, I haven't had the chance to DL the pics off the digicam yet, but I'll try and have 'em posted tonight for anybody who's interested. I didn't even come CLOSE to getting pics of everybody there, but I got a good selection anyhow.

...oh, and for the record, I was dressed as Citan Uzuki, from Xenogears. Anybody see me there? :cool:

Nadeshiko
01-13-2003, 06:13 PM
What's this about Sing Sing Sing?! *_*

Benny Goodman....

Cowboy Bebop....

Instant Heaven....

Must find the download whereabouts!

^_____________________^

Kusanagi
01-13-2003, 06:37 PM
Welcome to Cosplay.com!

Celine...did you get the keyblade and can you get on AOL messenger?

Melchior...That sucks so much...but as far as making a new one its a good thing you are being positive about it. Look into that fiberglass mat and cloth. Its stronger than just the bondo if you put several layers of it on. ^_^

Bonk
01-13-2003, 06:37 PM
Heh, I saw that Matt cosplayer. They did super good ^^. I saw, in total, four Digimon cosplayers on Saturday and Sunday put together at the Con. I saw a Tai one(Who used swimming googles for his goggles XP), a Matt one, a Rika/Ruki one, and then a Kouichi one, which was mine, though I saw myself in the mirror and thought I ddi a good job on it XP. All of the Digimon cosplayer's costumes were easily recognizeable and good, if you ask me, though my own wasn't recognizeable, BUT, that wasn't cause it wasn't good, it was just 'cause Kouichi isn't well known -Nods- Though one person -did- recognize my costume XP. I was so happy after she did too, it was funny. -Heh-.

I didn't take any pictures, I forgot I had my camera Xx'.

Celine
01-13-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by SyntaxGlitch
oh, and for the record, I was dressed as Citan Uzuki, from Xenogears. Anybody see me there? :cool:

Hehe, sure did. ^_^ In fact, that person telling you to come check out the site would be me. And... so, yay!! I'm pleased that you decided to follow my advice. Your Citan was great, especially for a first costume! Now, come to Tekkoshocon or Otakon, so I have an excuse to wear my Billy costume again.

Thanks for the compliments on my Matt costume, people. ^^ That wig was... um, quite the adventure. Heh heh. DMG, sorry I didn't see your costume. I don't think I could recognize that Ruki because I stopped watching the series after season 2. I'm sad that you missed our season 1 Joe, though! ^^

Kusanagi- dude, I emailed you this morning. ^^ You didn't get my message?? Aaahhhh!!! Please say you did! It was quite the lengthy email. Oh yeah, you are the coolest person ever, by the way.

Kusanagi
01-13-2003, 07:07 PM
Eeep...I just got the email...If you can get on messanger i can answer some of your questions by the way ^_^

Ameria
01-13-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
Yes I was! That costume was Yuber from Suikoden III, and my happy comfy outfit... so that I only had to be in pain for the Masq and not all weekend long.

What were you wearing? I didn't get to meet many people since I was always trying to get something done and didn't get much time to relax... and spent most of the weekend doing a convincing impression of a ball of stress. X__X

Ah, my friends and I were wondering what series. I was the Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece (Straw hat, red vest, blue pants, sandals) at the first cel painting workshop...who gave Duo-kun red hair. XD I wish I could be as good at art/painting as my friends who were with me then. ^_^;

Originally posted by Melchior
Here's my gallery. I didnt' take all that many pictures this year.

http://www.ksuanime.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=182

Woo hoo, great pics! ^_^

Originally posted by DMG
Heh, I saw that Matt cosplayer. They did super good ^^. I saw, in total, four Digimon cosplayers on Saturday and Sunday put together at the Con. I saw a Tai one(Who used swimming googles for his goggles XP), a Matt one, a Rika/Ruki one, and then a Kouichi one, which was mine, though I saw myself in the mirror and thought I ddi a good job on it XP. All of the Digimon cosplayer's costumes were easily recognizeable and good, if you ask me, though my own wasn't recognizeable, BUT, that wasn't cause it wasn't good, it was just 'cause Kouichi isn't well known -Nods- Though one person -did- recognize my costume XP. I was so happy after she did too, it was funny. -Heh-.

Actually the Ruki/Rika costume is mine. I wore it to Ohayocon last year. This year, however, my friend Amber (also the Nami from my One Piece group) wore it. I think she makes a better one because she has the perfect hair for it. ^^
I really need to see Digimon Frontier..I haven't caught any of it..and Crispin Freeman is Duskmon! *.* Crispin-san's my hero.

SyntaxGlitch
01-13-2003, 07:42 PM
Yeah, the Joe from Digimon first season was great. Had the right look for the character, plus an adorable little Gomamon plushie on his bag. :D

And thanks for the compliment on my costume, Celine. ^^; Though to be fair I must admit I had a lot of help with putting it together--mostly because I didn't know I'd be able to go to the con until a week beforehand, and the costume didn't get started until even later! :eek:

But yeah, I had a great time, I'd love to hit another con again whenever I have the chance, especially if I could hook up with more Xenogears cosplayers. I've actually considered doing a Fei costume as well, though he's nowhere near as cool as Citan. :cool: Sadly, I dunno when or where I'll manage to get to another con. :(

Eurobeat King
01-13-2003, 07:52 PM
Anya: Welcome to the board! And it was nice seeing you again at Ohayocon this past weekend. Your Ceres costume was really pretty and your Halcannon was really schweet!! :D Thanks for posing for all those pictures I took, and I hope you like them when they're posted. :) And your Faye costume is always one of the best ones out there!

Bobbi
01-13-2003, 08:10 PM
Hi SyntaxGlitch! Welcome! I'm glad you had a lot of fun at Ohayocon! I don't know if I saw you or not, but maybe I did. Hehe. Can't wait to see your pictures when they're posted!

Anya, your costume was awesome! =D I really liked your huge gun!

marsie
01-13-2003, 09:03 PM
.Originally posted by Celine
This isn't to say that there were a lot of bad costumes- there just weren't that many costumes at all! However, it was interesting to see two of the new FFX-2 Rikkus... and only one Yuna at the entire con! Craziness!

Actully there was two Yuna's at the con. Me and another. ^^;
The one Yuna kinda forgot to take her bra off. So it really ruined it for me. Although I don't think my Yuna was that great. I think I did rather well. There are a couple things I need to fix on it.

I was rather pleased with this con, when you compare it to last years con. The dealers room was VERY expensive. I was rather unimpressed with it.

The best thing in my opinion was MegaTokyo.

TheLoneWolf
01-13-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Celine
[B]This con, as a con, was blah (dealer's room was pathetic, game room was kind of messy and laid out poorly, imo)... however, I had a great time thanks to seeing friends and meeting new people. ^_^ I would like to state that members from this board rock, a lot.

*Nods,Nods*

Thats perhaps the *ONLY* good aspect of the con.The ppl RoX0red! (Fred Gallagher reference)

Bonk
01-13-2003, 09:38 PM
Heh. I saw pictures of the Joe cosplayer, to bad I didn't see them at the con though ><. I remember seeing the Matt costume over in a corner by doors and a place that was selling the MegaTokyo 'Capture the B34r' posters where the Matt was getting pictures taken with the Tai XP. I was standing and watching for a little bit, remembering about Season 01. -Heh-.

Oh, and Duskmon's voice is awsome ^^. I can't wait to hear Kouichi's. His's GOTTA be cool. XP.

Heh, and I dunno how I could have been hard to notice...my outfit seemed to stick out amoung the crowd, I mean, I was probably wearing one of the oddest colour combos of all the costumes there -Snickers-. Oh, and my hat was different too...When I was standing in line to get Fred's autograph, some people kept staring at the logo I had on my hat that was Kouichi's logo, I'm betting they wondered what the hay it stood for XP. I've confirmed it's not Japanese, but I still wonder what it stands for Xx I'm hoping it's not something bad -Heh-. Then again, has anything on Digimon ever been bad?

I felt so odd wearing my Kouichi costume, people kept staring at me....anyone else get stared at oddly? XP.

Heh, anyone else get Fred Gallagher's autograph too? If so, what did he draw for you? XP He drew Piro with neko ears on mine -Snickers- he forgot how to draw neko ears so the guy sitting next to him had to show him a picture from the book, and then told him how to draw it, but Fred said 'That's not how you draw it' so they were argueing for a few seconds over how to draw neko ears. I still wonder who that guy was...Heh.

TheLoneWolf
01-13-2003, 10:01 PM
Dom Nguyen maybe?
I got my Asako done early!

Bonk
01-13-2003, 10:05 PM
I dun think it was Dom, though...it mighta been...maybe....-Shrugs- All I remember was that he had a blue pullover on and had a red pen in his hand Oo I remember the smallest things -Falls over-

KnuxieChan
01-13-2003, 10:38 PM
I think one of the best parts was open-mic night. When James sat on the stage while (ugh... can't remember her name now) sang the 1st Inuyasha ending song. Hehee. Everyone seemed to love that. ^^; She was a good singer too.

Lanea was so cool. ^^

I felt bad seeing poor Kuja standing outside to smoke a cigarette, while his hair and cape type thingy billowed in the wind. Though the billowing hair and fabric made it funny. Poor guy. I was freezing standing inside!

That was Adam.. I felt like a pest whenever I walked by him, because I'd never stop hugging him ~.~' I hope I didn't annoy him.

Welcome Anya! I loved your costume! ^.^ Weren't you the one in the 'weakest vampire' skit? That was so funny XD.. I can't wait till next year! I gotta fix up my Dark Schneider costume though..

Rosiel: Wasn't it annoying when people would bump into you? People kept bumping into my spiked armor v.v.. it almost broke. They'd never even say sorry. Some people stepped on my cape too, so I had to carry it around with one hand.

One thing I loved.. was the Labrynth costume XD The Goblin King was so cute! I need that wig.. After he walked in, half of the room half 'Dance, magic, dance' stuck in their heads. Heheh..

Doc Stampede
01-14-2003, 05:29 AM
So.. sleepy.

I'm exhausted.

Had a blast.

Posted the previews. :)

http://www.flybynightdesign.com/junkbox

They're the thumbnailed, automated and galleried previews that I hate posting, but they're up. I also threw together a few nicer photos.

But, as the screen is blurry in front of me, I'm going to sleep now. :)

Doc

Rosiel
01-14-2003, 10:16 AM
http://www.flybynightdesign.com/junkbox/Ohayocon2003-Preview/Saturday/FBND-DSCN0123.JPG

Whee! Pictures of my group are surfacing!
This is great, as I was afraid of never seeing any as we only wore those outfits for the cosplay!

I tried to flash my fangs but they did not show up on the picture... oh, well. ^__^ I think I'll give up next time as it's weird to see me with my mouth open. *lol*

Shippo: I can't believe you were sitting waiting for the cosplay almost right next to us and I didn't even realize it was you! X__X What lack of sleep will do to people...

Bobbi
01-14-2003, 12:05 PM
Oh wait! I did see you, Rosiel! You walked right by me heading for the cosplay room. I thought you'd be in that group! Haha. =)

Rosiel
01-14-2003, 12:11 PM
> Oh wait! I did see you, Rosiel! You walked right by me heading for the cosplay room.

You were there? I was so stressed (and rushing) I don't remember much of anything leading in to the cosplay... X__X it was such an insanely busy con for me...

*kicking myself* I wish I had had the time to meet you, and everyone else I missed!

> I thought you'd be in that group! Haha. =)

Angels, demons... same difference, uh? ^__^

die-sama
01-14-2003, 05:25 PM
AH its the pic where i tried to behead our beloved Hilda :D
I'm so glad there are good pics of us finally!!
Lol all the pics i saw of myself,,,i looked a bit...off color :X

KnuxieChan
01-14-2003, 08:02 PM
>Whee! Pictures of my group are surfacing!
This is great, as I was afraid of never seeing any as we only wore those outfits for the cosplay!

OMG! THAT WAS YOU?! I loved your costume! It was so cool! I need those fangs @.@

Rosiel
01-14-2003, 08:15 PM
> OMG! THAT WAS YOU?! I loved your costume! It was so cool! I need those fangs @.@

*laughs* Yes that was me~! And the fangs were eeeeevil! Can't swallow correctly, talk with a lisp and on top of it all when you close your mouth they jab the inside of your lip.

But I loved them anyway. And they were not very expensive which is a big plus in my book!

So if you ever need real-looking fangs I highly recommend them. They are called "Dracula Fangs" and are molded onto your canines so you don't need any adhesive to keep them in place.

Oshi
01-14-2003, 09:25 PM
Al, Celine, Lionel, etc; Great to see you guys again, I had fun hanging out ^^

Rosiel, Doc, Melchior; It was nice to finally meet you guys!

Shippo, Bobbi; I thought I recognized you two!
Ameria; So you were the Luffy, huh? =P

Well, I had fun, to say the least. I was Seifer and SeeD Seifer there... basically... the guy with the gunblade...

As some of yas know, I had to get my car jump-started to leave the con... but what you don't know is... My car broke down completely about an hour outside of Columbus... a piston broke in the engine. It's completely dead, unless I give $3200 for a new engine, and I'm not gonna, rather get a new car. I didn't get home til 5PM tonight. Stayed in a motel, etc. Then my mom came and got me. Can we say post-con trauma?
*sings* I left my car... in Heath, Ohio....

die-sama
01-14-2003, 09:35 PM
Oshi i saw you there but i was sorta traumatized for the weekend XD
didnt really get to say hi to anyone
and totally missed the cosplay.com photoshoot :/

Oshi
01-14-2003, 09:41 PM
The photoshoot fell through, don't worry =/

Bonk
01-14-2003, 09:45 PM
Heh, I didn't talk to anyone at the con, except for Ameria-Chan and her friend, this guy who was cosplaying as Ed from MegaTokyo in the Reg. line, this girl who recognized my costume was Kouichi(You couldn't classify the three sentences we exchanged as a convo though.), this girl who wanted to take a picture of me in my Luffy costume(Only said a few things before she walked off talking to herself Oo), and a couple boys who were talking about Yu-Gi-Oh. >> I was pretty anti-social at the Con. My dad talked to more people than I did >>.

Ameria
01-16-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Oshi
Al, Celine, Lionel, etc; Great to see you guys again, I had fun hanging out ^^

Rosiel, Doc, Melchior; It was nice to finally meet you guys!

Shippo, Bobbi; I thought I recognized you two!
Ameria; So you were the Luffy, huh? =P

Well, I had fun, to say the least. I was Seifer and SeeD Seifer there... basically... the guy with the gunblade...

^^ Yes, Luffy was me. I'm happy Eurobeat King got some great pictures of my group, plus me with my new pirate flag/cape. =D I saw your Seifer outfits! They rocked! I don't remember if I got pics or not. x.x; *will finish fixing all her pics and putting them on her site later*

As some of yas know, I had to get my car jump-started to leave the con... but what you don't know is... My car broke down completely about an hour outside of Columbus... a piston broke in the engine. It's completely dead, unless I give $3200 for a new engine, and I'm not gonna, rather get a new car. I didn't get home til 5PM tonight. Stayed in a motel, etc. Then my mom came and got me. Can we say post-con trauma?
*sings* I left my car... in Heath, Ohio....

Eeeee, I sort of know how that is. Our car needed jump-starting before we could leave to go to the con. x.x; I'm so sorry to hear about that, Oshi-san! I hope everything works out and you get a nice new car.

KnuxieChan
01-16-2003, 03:26 PM
>Well, I had fun, to say the least. I was Seifer and SeeD Seifer there... basically... the guy with the gunblade...

I remember you! I was playing with your Gunblade XD then I did a No.9 pose.

Schu
01-17-2003, 12:36 PM
I don't think anyone noticed much of me, cept the two girls dressed as Ranma and Shampoo who insisted on singing the fushigi yuugi theme at me while I wore my Nuriko costume earlier on Friday.... I was the "big" rikku I guess. the other one was hella short compared to me :) Wai what an odd con. Yatta!

Oshi
01-17-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Shippo87
I remember you! I was playing with your Gunblade XD then I did a No.9 pose. Everybody wanted to play with my gunblade... (http://oshi.drwilco.net/Pics/Cons/Ohayocon 3/DSC00704.JPG) heheh ^^

Setsuna22
01-17-2003, 05:18 PM
Ohayocon 2003 was my first anime convention EVER! And it had to be the coolest experience of my life! I have to say, though, I was a little embarrassed about doing cosplay, so I ended up going in my everyday ensemble! But now that I see how cool it is, I'm dressing up to every con that I go to (and I will be going to every con ^_^) If Anyone has any good costume ideas for a guy I would love to know! (BTW Ohayocon ROCKED) I will definitely be attending next year!

ChibiMoFo
01-17-2003, 07:37 PM
I didn't go as its a bit far from ca, but I did a last min entry into the amv contest, I emailed entering them from my website but he never responded -_-" then I get a email saying I won comedy @_@ So how was the contest?
I'm wondering which of my videos played since he never responded to me and I know some of mine I werent proper format, and I was gonna send him a different version but he never responded...... someone said happy happy joy joy song so I guess that played too. did anyone sing along?

die-sama
01-17-2003, 11:07 PM
>>If Anyone has any good costume ideas for a guy ~

Who were u ? did u wear normal clothes?
hehe usually if u wanan do a good costume, pick a character you like ^_^b

Setsuna22
01-21-2003, 05:34 PM
I wore "Normal clothes" This time! ><!!! I felt sooo dumb! Before the con, I was completely embarrassed about going in cosplay! "I'll be the only one" I thought! <Slaps myself>
I just want an extremely elaborate outfit! If I'm going to do this cosplay Business, I might as well spend lots of money, time, and energy and do it right! The only problem is, most anime guys just seem to wear simple school boy outfits, or capes! I'm looking for something Brilliant and "Razzle dazzle" ^^ I suppose! Oh well, I'll just do my best! My first big costume I'm thinking of trying out is "Nuriko!" He'll make his debut at the next Ohayocon, unless I get any better Ideas! Anyways, thats what I was Thinking ^_^
Ps- (Ohayocon rocked!!!!!!!)

green_lightning
01-26-2003, 11:33 PM
Ohayocon was my first one and I loved it! I didn't dress up this year though next year I am definetly going to go as some one though. I like too many anime and manga to decide and throwing in the squaresoft games to boot! (exasperation) descions descions!!! I really want to go as a character from tales of destiny or one of the final fantasies though. I remember walking into the merchandise room and thought I had died and went to heaven though. Probably the happiest day on earth at that moment. I was majorly impressed with peoples costumes and then I found this site so here I am.

HikariChan
01-29-2003, 07:50 AM
I was there Saturday and Sunday. It was my first convention, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. o.o;; Some of you might have seen me. I was the Akane with the home made costume, with onna-Ranma and Shampoo. Maybe some of you got the pic of Shampoo kicking Mousse? (I would put it up, but my camera is still at my friend's house.)

The only thing I didn't like was the hours I spent in the dealer's room, AFTER all my money was gone (which took at least an hour. And I had a good $230 or something.) My friends just had to stay in there, and I felt like an idiot walking around by myself.

As for the Cosplay, that was awesome. There were a lot of well-made costumes, and the show was very entertaining. Some of the skits (like Presea's dance-it was nice, but...) didn't hold my intrest. I loved the martial arts one (I forgot what the title was) and Iron Chef (o.o When I saw the Yuuhi in the hallway, I freaked and asked for his picture.)

Melchior-mun, I think I saw you there. Are there pictures of you with your Tessaiga on the database? Anyway, what happened to your sword was terrible. If any press people come in, it should be people from Animerica or NewType USA.

The AMVs, for the most part, were awesome. I only saw the show on Sunday, not the contest, but I loved them! Especially the Rurouni Kenshin, Azumanga Daioh, Neko Revenge, Fushigi Yuugi, and Trigun ones.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to go to any of the panels, although I really wanted to go to the dubbing workshop. I vow that at Cleveland Colossal (in Independance, OH, in March), I'm going to sign up for panels.

And last, but not least (not for a long shot): I LOVE POCKY!

Melchior
01-29-2003, 09:43 PM
Melchior-mun, I think I saw you there. Are there pictures of you with your Tessaiga on the database?

Yep. This one was from Friday Night i believe.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=18716&papass=&sort=1&thecat=573

(edit) And there was a guy there from Newtype USA. He looked at my sword too, but thankfully he knew it was just a prop and not to swing it around like an idiot.

HikariChan
01-29-2003, 09:47 PM
Yes, I saw you there alright. Your sword is amazing.

o.o;; The "Sheep of Doom" scares me.

And just so all you people know, I had no part in the riot. True, I was standing at the front of the crowd, but my friend Onna-Ranma was fighting random people (she even fought her boy-self), so me, being insecure me, felt like an idiot and took no part in the riot.

KnuxieChan
02-02-2003, 07:15 PM
>I don't think anyone noticed much of me, cept the two girls dressed as Ranma and Shampoo who insisted on singing the fushigi yuugi theme at me while I wore my Nuriko costume earlier on Friday....

That was Jessica and Lanea XD

HikariChan
02-02-2003, 07:53 PM
o.o;; I knew a Nuriko. Well, I met one there. Friends with my friend. Went with a huge group of Fushigi Yuugi people. The Miaka and Yui in that group had the BEST costumes I've ever seen for the two miko. They were home made.

I had something else I wanted to say, but I forgot... Oh yeah! Any of you people at Cosplay show hear someone shout stuff about Kuja and Majin Buu? Ehehehe... That was me... and my friend Hotaru. My only moment of hyperactivity at the entire convention.

KnuxieChan
02-03-2003, 03:48 PM
lol! Adamu was adorable as Kuja, then Celine came and it was a perfect picture time XD

Isis Ishtar
04-28-2003, 04:54 PM
This is a little late (a LOT) posting, but just for the record, I really loved Ohayocon. It was so convenient for me and my two friends I went with since we only live 10 minutes away (yipee!)! I didn't cosplay though, even though it was my third time at a convention (I've been to Sugoicon twice). Next year, the three of us are going as Isis, Malik, and Yugi. It's our first time, so we'll probably stink. Oh welll...
And did anyone see or get involved with the "Hug The Sheep" thing. That Sheep of Doom fiasco (well, not really...) was absolutely crazy. My best friend actually pretty much started the act of recruiting people to hug the Sheep. I kinda just stood on the sidelines. It was hilarious, though, I admit.