PDA

View Full Version : Malice Mizer

psythe
01-12-2003, 08:52 PM
I'm kinda new to all the j-rock stuff but pick up cd's whenever I can. Had seen alot of chat around here about Malice Mizer so when I saw a cd I picked it up to check it out.

I got Memoire + Voyage - sans retour which has a killer cover btw ^_^ The music is great! Cool songs and great liner art.

Is their much else by this group that I could pick up? Any reccomendations?

MargauxZ
01-12-2003, 08:53 PM
Mervilles.

Anything Malice Mizer, actually. They are great.

soshi
01-12-2003, 09:19 PM
I only like their music with Klaha. the Bara no Seido album, imo, is the best thing they've ever done. however, it's very different from their previous works, and is less popular because it's not pop-ish. it's very gothic influenced and has mosly opera-style songs. their singles after that are all very good, too. the c/w track on the Garnet single is the closet thing to a real rock song they've ever done. ^^;

psythe
01-12-2003, 09:39 PM
Excellent soshi, the tracks I like the most on this album are the ones that lean towards the gothy/operatic type music, so I'll defo be checking that album out ^_^ Thnx!

Gackt Fangirl
01-13-2003, 09:14 AM
I like Illuminati the best....that is when Gackt was in it. (that is a song BTW), I mostly like M.M for their look. I think Mana is a cute girl for being a GUY! :mad: Cuter than me....not fair!!!!!!!

Koumori
01-13-2003, 10:03 AM
They're okay. I find them easier to actually listen to than most j-rock bands (that is, when the music is removed from the visuals).

Michi
01-13-2003, 07:22 PM
Merveilles is one of my favorite albums ever. :3
The Beast of Blood single was also great... and Houkai Jyokyoku, c/w Garnet. ^_^;

Voyage + Memoire... happy bootlegs :P

psythe
01-13-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Michi
Voyage + Memoire... happy bootlegs :P

I didn't know it was a bootleg... ;_;

soshi
01-13-2003, 07:38 PM
yeah. bootleg. but.. I keep getting screamed at for going on my bootleg rants, soo.... >_>

shiroi_yukiko
01-13-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by soshi
yeah. bootleg. but.. I keep getting screamed at for going on my bootleg rants, soo.... >_>

Awwww~~~ There's nothing wrong with a nice rant about the evils of bootlegs! Not that I'm giving one either... @@;

Speaking of MM...(my MP3 player is psychic... or something)

Koumori
01-13-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by warumono
Awwww~~~ There's nothing wrong with a nice rant about the evils of bootlegs! Not that I'm giving one either... @@;

I think she was going to rant in the opposite direction. ;)

DancingVampire
01-14-2003, 09:08 PM
Beast of blood is one of my favorites I like the video to its extemely simple black and whitr VERY tasteful to the eye Its really nice you should check it out

izlegirl
01-15-2003, 04:18 PM
haha ^^ Its really hard to say~! But.. i think i like there work with Klaha best (O_o so close though! I love both for such different reasons :P) So Beast of Blood and Garnet singles may work! And yeah =/ bootlegs... arg... Haha ^^ But thats a good mix of songs on that CD! o_o dosent even come close to the real thing though...

TsukiGuujin
01-17-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by psythe
I'm kinda new to all the j-rock stuff but pick up cd's whenever I can. Had seen alot of chat around here about Malice Mizer so when I saw a cd I picked it up to check it out.

I got Memoire + Voyage - sans retour which has a killer cover btw ^_^ The music is great! Cool songs and great liner art.

Is their much else by this group that I could pick up? Any reccomendations?

Personally, Merveilles is my favorite CD. I will most likely get FLAMED for saying this, but I am COMPLETELY anti-Klaha. I don't like his voice, I don't like his looks, and I don't like the direction the band was going once Gackt left and Klaha joined.

*shrugs* Personal preference.

((I also like Mana's new band, Moi dix Mois. ))

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Furious_Angel
05-15-2004, 07:31 AM
I only like their music with Klaha. the Bara no Seido album, imo, is the best thing they've ever done. however, it's very different from their previous works, and is less popular because it's not pop-ish. it's very gothic influenced and has mosly opera-style songs. their singles after that are all very good, too. the c/w track on the Garnet single is the closet thing to a real rock song they've ever done. ^^;

I think so too !! Klaha's voice is soooo beautiful !!! :love: More beautiful than Gackt's one ! Gothic influence si so much better than pop's !!

SephirothXer0
05-20-2004, 08:19 PM
I think the Le Ciel single and video was the band's best work ever. With Gackt, MM was different and fresh, but when Klaha came in, they just turned into every other Japanese Goth band, sans better costumes. Klaha's voice really just sounds like it's going to derail at any time. Plus there's so much more variety in their Gackt era. I suggest either Merveilles or Le Ciel (You'll do yourself an injustice by not seeing that video) ;)

ame-chan
05-21-2004, 12:26 PM
I like just about everything Malice has done. I like where Mana's gone without Malice. Personally my favorite lead has been Klaha for his vocals and the kind of music they've put out with him. I really like the opera feel and the seriously goth turn.

I've also listened to the Pride of Mind tracks. That was the band Klaha was with prior to Malice. They're heavily influenced by 80s rock and pop from over here. I won't even get into the song that sounds exactly like Billy Jean. Since I am a big 80s fan myself that's just more great stuff for me to listen to. ^_^

Scortia
05-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Yay a Mizer luv thread. ^^ Tetsu was the best vocalist! j/k Actually I'm torn between singers. I think Klaha is more suited to where Mana wanted to take Mizer... and yet, I like how Gackt's voice helped to make more light-hearted songs possible and thus more variety in the music. Mana is really talented, but I must admit I like Kozi's writing better... he has a creepy carnival-from-hell sound to his music... I recommend you look up "Honey Vanity"... good song. Yu~ki only wrote Syunikiss but I adore it too... it has a rich old sound without being heavily gothic like Mana's music. Granted... everything I've heard from Mizer and its members after the break up has impressed me. (Except "Gardenia"... that song is dreadful imho) *shrug* Anyway, still after hearing many bands, their music and style still impresses me the most.

Yui
05-26-2004, 08:30 PM
Mmm....guys....not only are there many many threads on this topic already, this is the "costumes" forum.
^_^;