PDA

View Full Version : Update on photo galleries

Admin
07-16-2002, 01:34 AM
We'll have the new photo gallery layout up sometime tomorrow or Wednesday. The new setup integrates with the forums so that every member can set up a photo gallery and you have to be a registered member of the site to add comments. This should alleviate the problem of the random idiots swinging by the site and leaving rude comments.

I should be able to move all existing albums over to the new format, but it looks like existing comments will have to be trashed since there is no direct import ability. Aside from this small setback, the new forum setup looks to be a HUGE improvement over the last one.

We'll post more info once it's complete.

Admin
07-16-2002, 11:30 PM
Further update: I have it up and running but I'll be spending all evening setting up pictures. Unfortunately I will NOT be able to move pictures over from the old gallery as I won't be able to assign ownerships to the right people. To compromise I will be leaving the old gallery up as an archive and members are able to start a new gallery using the new system.

As for the new system, it's much simpler to use and much more functional. You can now upload pictures into the member area and it will automatically create your member gallery and place your images in there for you. Comments are also now forum-style in that they actually use the photo database to store the comments, so they look like just another thread.

We'll probably have it up Wednesday afternoon and I'll put up a few instructions for how to use it as well.

LiL QoH
07-17-2002, 09:49 PM
So until we make a new gallery you'll keep our old ones running? When do the new galleries take effect? Sorry I'm ancy because I use your site as my portfolio for CG stuff.(sorry! ;_; I'll take some pics down if you'd like) Just curious.. :D

Terrie

Admin
07-18-2002, 05:37 AM
I'm gonna keep the old ones up so that people can migrate their forums over without any downtime. The old photos will wind up having a separate URL from the main photos though, cause we're installing a different front-end for the site (a faster one to accomodate more users).

I hoped to have the new gallery up Wednesday night but I had to run out for a bit and though I'm finished uploading photos, I need to fix up the graphics a bit so it's looking like Thursday night now. Sorry for the delay.

And don't worry about the porfolio thing, as long as it's cosplay related we have absolutely no problem with it being in your photo space :) We were going to put file limits on members but unless we get a mad mad rush of photos I don't see any reason why we should limit uploads.