PDA

View Full Version : Potential Costume help

XLainoftheWired
01-13-2003, 12:57 PM
Hey all, I am going to be cosplaying for my first time come this JACON2003 in Orlando, and I was looking for any... hints/help/tips/tricks any of the cosplay veterans can tell me. I will probably either be Jiima (Zima) from Chobits or Hideki in his work uniform from Chobits. I see in the pictures submitted to this site there are quite a few pics of Chiis and a couple of hideki, but I would love to do Jiima as he seems not to be done yet. I still am having trouble finding a really good pic of him though to go off of. All I have been able to do is pause the video and examine the clothing. Looks like I'll be needing a shiny leather trenchcoat. Anywho, help from anyone is great... oh, And I'm gunna hook up my scanner and get some pics from JACON2002 into the picture archive here. Love and peace!

Mink
01-13-2003, 09:17 PM
When you have a specific question, go ahead and ask us.....but check the archives first....most likely its already been answered. Otherwise, we have some pretty knowledgeable people!

Xx Lulu xX
01-13-2003, 09:34 PM
Yea~! We'll Be Glad To Help! :D :dance:

KnuxieChan
01-13-2003, 10:02 PM
You're gonna love cosplaying ^^ My first con was fun! Like Lulu said, we'll be glad to help ^^

*just noticed Mink's sig*lmao..

Koumori
01-13-2003, 10:03 PM
Yes - just formulate some specific questions ("what kind of material do you think is good for X's costume" or "how might I be able to create Y hairstyle") and we will be glad to try to answer them.

KaitouKurogo
01-13-2003, 10:39 PM
After all, communities like this are all about helping people out when they need it. So don't be shy and have fun. Cosplaying is about enjoying yourself, so don't get too stressed about the hard points. ^_~

michanchan
01-13-2003, 11:16 PM
that would be cool to see ya @ ja-con. ^^ i think they'll be alot of Chi-s and Chobit related characters... Go for it if you want to, i'm cheering *FIGHT-U FIGHT-U FIGHT-U* but i dunno, my friends and i are doing a small X thing and might have a "Clamp in Wonderland" experiance ^^

I think a good material for an X costume (Trench coats - a stiff polyster fabric material : for the school uniforms... go for the cheap material @ walmart)

XLainoftheWired
01-14-2003, 10:58 PM
Thanks michanchan, and the rest of you. Well, heres a more definate question after I have looked into Jiimas costume. Jiima appears to be wearing a long-ass trench coat, one that is a little altered from the typical trench. It also seems to be made of black vinyl. So far I am having trouble finding a vinyl trench long enough. I was thinking, could I get a regular vynil trench and get vynil fab and lengthen it by... sewing it on the bottom, or would it be easier to attempt to custome make a vynil trench with straight fabric? And is vinyl hard to work with? ... I dont know how to specify much more. Just help with vinyl and trenches... I have a smaller pic of the desired char, but i could use a better one if anyone has one. Then again i dont know how to post a pic here! :( That was cute Michan "Fight-U", thanks.