PDA

View Full Version : J-Rock CDs

psythe
01-13-2003, 02:13 PM
Where can I buy them online without getting murdered over the price?

:bigtu:

Koumori
01-13-2003, 02:19 PM
Cheap ones are almost always going to be bootlegs, and I refuse in good conscience to tell you where to buy bootlegs. You can get a lot of legitimate copies from www.fujisan.com.

psythe
01-13-2003, 02:22 PM
Thnx ^_^

I went to Tower.jp first but can't seem to find the english translated site like they used to have O_o;;

shiroi_yukiko
01-13-2003, 03:42 PM
Cd Japan isn't THAT bad... but then again, I've trained myself to only order from Third Stage and it costs $25 for me just to get the money order I need to pay them, so I might not be the best judge of cost. **; Or HMV, but they only ship FedEx and that gets pricey.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/

There's always Amazon.co.jp too. The pages themselves aren't in English, but you can get the order form in English.

Mana
01-13-2003, 04:44 PM
yesasia.com or maybe jpophouse.com? Just a thought. Never bought anything from either of them but I just know they exist =D

Umi
01-13-2003, 04:50 PM
*agrees with Mana* yesasia.com is pretty reasonable.. especially since the oversea's version (the ones that go to the rest of asia) for popular artists are cheaper than the japanese version

psythe
01-14-2003, 06:46 AM
Thnx everyone ^_^ I found everything I wanted!

soshi
01-14-2003, 11:19 AM
yesasia.com carries mostly bootlegs as they are a Chinese company, and will NOT post distinction between bootlegs and real copies.

jpophelp.com is NOT A GOOD PLACE TO ORDER FROM! they overcharge and shipping takes MONTHS. I have had VERY bad experiences from them and I would not order from them unless you want your cd a year from when you order it.

cdjapan.co.jp and amazon.co.jp (click the "search in english" option) are the best places. cdjapan has a tendancy to run out of stuff and not tell you until a week later, but they're pretty good. amazon is the BEST - the prices are reasonable and the shipping and service is superb.

Koumori
01-14-2003, 03:12 PM
The "Overseas versions" are generally made in Hong Kong. Where there are no copyright laws. And as such, can be considered bootlegs.

FlameSniperRei
01-15-2003, 03:28 PM
eh really? www.jpophelp.com is good for me, I never had problems with them. Sometimes it takes weeks to get a cd due to the fact that it is out of stock. But the prices are decent becuase they are dommestic and dont need to ship express mail which usually costs %30-40 of the item anyway.

www.cdjapan.do.jp sends it the fastest but express mail delivery costs a lot.

soshi
01-15-2003, 07:35 PM
"out of stock" means "we're lazy and don't feel like sending it to you", trust me. >_<;