PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer For Cosplay Human Chess!!!

efugee
05-11-2005, 12:42 PM
This thread is for the cosplay human chess event we are running at connecticon this year! the chess match itself will be on the main stage, with 32 cosplayers dressed in character. They each take a spot on the board and represent that piece. Two chess players will play a game of chess using the cosplayers as their pieces.

If you are a cosplayer and would like to take part in this event, please email me with your name, the character you are cosplaying, a picture of you in your costume and your contact information to efugee@yahoo.com or use aim, my screen name is efugee

*note: not a masquerade, costumes can be professionally made by others.
*note: since this is a multigenre convention, american characters have just as much of an opportunity to enter as anime characters! We are in fact hopping to get an east vs. west match(think inu yasha and naruto vs. jedis and harry potter)

-Brian Wilson
www.connecticon.org
efugee@yahoo.com
AIM: efugee

Gale
05-12-2005, 09:27 AM
heh, sounds fun. I don't know how many costumes I'll have done, but I'm definatly bringing a Sci-Fi outfit of Kaylee from Firefly...I've never even seen human chess done, though...but I am interested ;)

dylan no tama
05-13-2005, 08:03 AM
human chess, now that sounds fun.
once i finish and decide what costumes im doing i'll enter.

Dagger
05-17-2005, 02:34 PM
My friends and I would definitely like to participate. I'd like to secure a spot, but like I said before, I really don't know who I would be cosplaying then.

I think it might be fun to be Aeris. What do you guys think? :thumbsup:

efugee
05-17-2005, 03:43 PM
My friends and I would definitely like to participate. I'd like to secure a spot, but like I said before, I really don't know who I would be cosplaying then.

I think it might be fun to be Aeris. What do you guys think? :thumbsup:

its not first come first serve, so don't worry. i pick the best costumes to go in. so the only way to secure your spot is to have a kick ass costume^_^

-efugee

esantiago7292
05-17-2005, 03:59 PM
well maybe ill do sasuke, oh crap i dont know how to play chess is that ok?

efugee
05-17-2005, 06:57 PM
well maybe ill do sasuke, oh crap i dont know how to play chess is that ok?

yes thats fine, they will tell you which square to move to and who to kill. also, sauske would be awesome, especially if you could build some kinda chidori

Mew_Pudding
05-18-2005, 04:45 AM
^.^ To everyone who hasn`t done it...DO IT!! It`s SOOO much fun!! I`m already registered as Chii-chan and I was the Chii in my gallery at Boston, it`s fun!! ^^

esantiago7292
05-18-2005, 04:57 AM
yes thats fine, they will tell you which square to move to and who to kill. also, sauske would be awesome, especially if you could build some kinda chidori

ok cool, maybe ill do it

Gale
05-20-2005, 04:35 PM
oh, now I really wish I were making a Rikku or Lina Inverse costume...all my cosplay caharacters are always so nonviolent (well, so am I, lol) but I don't have any weapons to use if I enter! x.x I still think I'll enter though!

Putrocca
05-23-2005, 09:05 AM
oh, now I really wish I were making a Rikku or Lina Inverse costume...all my cosplay caharacters are always so nonviolent (well, so am I, lol) but I don't have any weapons to use if I enter! x.x I still think I'll enter though!

Don't worry about playing a non-violent character - sometimes those make for the funniest captures, since they cuddle their opponents to death, or bore them to death, or bribe them off the stage with doughnuts...

To introduce myself, I'm co-running Cosplay Chess at Connecticon this year - I've run a number of cosplay chess matches including the big one at Anime Boston this year, and I'm looking forward to getting to do it at a mixed con (sci-fi and anime). All my past matches have been great fun, so I expect this one to be equally cool.

See you all at the con!
Any questions, feel free to PM.

SketchCreations
05-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Hey those doughnuts ROCKED my Vash costume. -Sketch

Kairi G
05-23-2005, 12:04 PM
I loved the match at AB and i hope me and my bf get into this one... Leia and Han Solo! :3 hehe

li_izumi
05-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Ada-san, i'd love to reprise my role of Akabane for a CTCon cosplay chess!

~Li, aka Akabane

sheepsarai
05-25-2005, 10:59 AM
what day is it? if i can be there on that day (still working out my plans) then i would love to enter with theif rikku!

efugee
05-25-2005, 11:20 AM
its sunday

Gale
05-25-2005, 12:17 PM
ooh? hmm...I REALLY wanna do it and just be there sunday in general, but I don't know what my mom will say about it...she's driving me each day....

Dagger
05-25-2005, 12:35 PM
Isn't kind of later in the day, near the closing ceremonies? Anyway, I still have to email you with my information, efugee. >.<

efugee
05-25-2005, 05:29 PM
Isn't kind of later in the day, near the closing ceremonies? Anyway, I still have to email you with my information, efugee. >.<

its scheduled for sunday afternoon...like around 1.

Dagger
05-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Oh, all right. What time are closing ceremonies, then? At night?

Gale
06-08-2005, 09:54 AM
at 1pm? gah! I can't come. I have to be in Middlebury at noon. sorry x_x

Mew_Pudding
06-16-2005, 06:05 AM
I know several people who are gonna sign up. (One as Bridget from GGX2 and then two of my friends are doin` Leia and Han. ) I`m not sure if they signed up yet, but if not I will go and yell at them!! ^^

Or do we have enough people already? o.o

wazaloo
07-05-2005, 01:22 PM
:waaaah:

Sadly, I wont be there on Sunday...and I really wanted to participate too...

kiwi_lady
07-06-2005, 09:39 PM
I know several people who are gonna sign up. (One as Bridget from GGX2 and then two of my friends are doin` Leia and Han. ) I`m not sure if they signed up yet, but if not I will go and yell at them!! ^^

Or do we have enough people already? o.o

*guilty stab* heh ;; I do wanna sign up but Bridget's not done yet T^T !!! Hes on verge of being done though!! definatly by the time for The Picnic!!
btw if u wanna know wht The Picnic is, click on the banner in my siggy! */shameless adv*
hopefully there isnt enuogh ppl yet -_-;; cuz chess was really fun at AB and i wanna do it again :)!

mariksgrl
07-14-2005, 02:02 PM
o.o i signed up as baiken but i cant get to the site and havent gotten any email about if im in or not

PatrickD
07-18-2005, 05:18 PM
So when are you guys doing Cosplay Chess next? I'd really like to join in with one of my costumes, but it seems like I'm always busy doing Anime Boston things whenever chess is going on. ^_^;