PDA

View Full Version : Aiee! Me no good with wood! ;.; *Kicks Keyblade*

WeissMatsuei89
01-13-2003, 05:48 PM
Back to the drawing board.....I have absolutly NO idea how me gonna make the Keyblade for my Sora from Kingdom Hearts. Foam is cheesy, I'm not good with wood....do any of you people have any suggestions? PLease help me out on this!

Also, for the weird body suit thingy, I got an idea from a cool person that I should use overalls and patch up the hole at the upper body with fabric...but how do I do that? O_o Please heeeeeeeelp!

Nietsche
01-13-2003, 06:51 PM
you don't like wood?
Then try using cardboard poster tubes and foamboard or balsa. Foamboard and balsa can be cut with a scalpel/penknife so you can cut out the 'tooth' (i think that is what it is called..the end that goes in the lock). The hild/handle could be made from coorugated card board (thick stuff that large cardboard boxes are made of) and that can easily wrap around the tube...

NeshaChan
01-13-2003, 10:28 PM
Balsa is really fragile and breaks really easilly. If you want something a little more sturdy, you could use Bass wood, which is a little stronger, but still easy to cut. you can get it at the craft store next to the Balsa wood.

Koumori
01-14-2003, 06:06 AM
Keep practicing.

Squall
01-14-2003, 10:49 AM
watch out for basswood tho, its a bit heavier then balsawood, but sturdier. If your making just a keyblade then it should be light enough, but if your going for a large prop sword or something like that, the weight will get ya.