PDA

View Full Version : Costumes you liked?

TheLoneWolf
01-13-2003, 09:11 PM
I really liked the Sumomo and Nikki costumes,and to whoever cosplayed as Testament:
You have STONES!
I must say though,In all my cons,I have NEVER seen a better Seras Victoria than the one in the Hellsing group..........incredible is the word for it......if you're here,thanks for letting me examine your Halconnen (sorry about the trigger guard breakage though,gomen =^.^= !)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
01-13-2003, 09:13 PM
Kasumi from Dead or Alive:
http://www.fansview.com/2003/ohayocon/011103b127.jpg
she hella did it good! :D Man, i wish I was there! actually, I wish I went! :D

TheLoneWolf
01-13-2003, 09:17 PM
0.0!
Now how did I miss that?!
-.-

KnuxieChan
01-13-2003, 10:26 PM
Too many to name. I liked the two guys that cross-played though, Mutsumi from Love Hina and Rina from Panyo Panyo. He also brought his Menchi costume ^^ those two were so nice.. and their costumes were cool. Whenever you'd hug Mutsumi, he'd make sure your head when onto his fake chest XD

TheLoneWolf
01-13-2003, 11:56 PM
Menchi was a fun cosplay,pretty well done too!

Ginny
01-14-2003, 12:06 AM
The Hellsing group that won Best in Show was AMAZING. I don't even like Hellsing, and DAMN! Dude with the big knives = major hot. Same for the Seras. Wonderful.

My other favorite from the cosplay was the Pretty Sami group. I was dying with laughter just at the rehersal. If you don't watch Pretty Sami, you probably wouldn't have gotten it, but it was great. I'm glad they also got an award.

TheLoneWolf
01-14-2003, 12:30 AM
And oh yeah,before it slips out,the girl on the animepavilion table who did the Lulu and Chii costumes deserves a hearty round of applause
*points Halconnen at everyone*
Now CLAP!

Rosiel
01-14-2003, 10:27 AM
My favorite costume of the weekend was, by a long shot, Celine's Kidane. She was /so/ cute in it! And she ate a banana! It was so perfect!

And my favorite attendee of the weekend was the ONE person who knew what my group's Masquerade outfits were. *___* I mean I knew it was obscure, but not THAT obscure.

Bobbi
01-14-2003, 11:50 AM
- Garnet/Dagger
- Zidane
- Ravenkira's Hyatt and Scott as Nabishin!
- Rikku from FFX-2
- Pretty Sami group
- The Chii that was working in the Dealer's room right by the exit.
- Samantha and her sister as Sailor Mercury and Pluto. Can you belive those were their first costumes?! Wow!!!
- The Pocardi Sweat vending machine
- The pepsi man
- Yatta!!!

TheLoneWolf
01-14-2003, 11:53 AM
Speaking of which,explain:
What is Pocari Sweat?

Bobbi
01-14-2003, 11:55 AM
I think it's flavored water or something? I donno... =P

Bobbi
01-14-2003, 02:17 PM
Ewww! *makes a note not to drink any of it*

die-sama
01-14-2003, 05:34 PM
lol. pocari sweat skit i think was to just emphasize how convenient things in japan are. Ren (my friend in the pocari vending machine) while in japan always got free condoms and invitations to nightclubs
and i think she also drank pocari sweet before and maybe its really that awful >_<;;;

lupohki
01-14-2003, 10:54 PM
Only went Sat, but ones that I saw and particularly liked were ..

Anya's Hellsing duo and that other Hellsing group
Hyatt and Nabeshin
Pepsiman! (How does he breath and see!?!?)
Sumomo
The kid Inu Yasha duo (The big Shippo and tiny Inu Yasha is like from some alternate dimension or something o_o)
G-chan's (?) FFX2 Rikku

.. and also there were like 4-5 Robins from Witch Hunter Robin. Cool looking, easy to do costumes are hard to resist I guess. :)

lupohki
01-14-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Anya

Also Im not sure what it was from, but the costume that won "Best novice Craftsmanship" the work with plastics and embelishments and detail was beautiful! very impressive! Does anyone know what thats from?

Yuuri Cube from Galaxy Fraulein Yuna (http://www.tcp.com/~doi/yuna/char/yuuri.html)

Oshi
01-15-2003, 12:19 AM
I was very envious of Eric's SeeD Squall costume... It was awsome... blew my SeeD Seifer out of the water (though, I had a cool gunblade, he had a cool jacket, so we're even ^^ ). I'm glad I got a pic of the two of us saluting...
I almost wanna commission Erika Door to make me one too, but I think I'll just alter mine ^^;

Ginny
01-15-2003, 01:24 AM
"G-chan's (?) FFX2 Rikku"

Um, my friend Cristi was FFX2 Rikku. Not me. The only costume I had on that showed any skin at all was Shadowloo Cammy, and even then I was wearing tights. ^_^

Celine
01-15-2003, 03:00 AM
Actually, I have to admit, the two costumes which really caught my eye at the convention were G-chan's Tactics ones. Both the white mage and time mage were precious!!! I was especially happy to see the time mage, since that's my favorite FFT class, and nobody has ever done one that I know of. I just love their cute little hats. ^_^ Way too cute, both of those. You did an excellent job!! I hope to see those costumes again... maybe for the Tactics group at Katsu...?

TheLoneWolf
01-15-2003, 06:07 AM
Ph,and to whosoever asked about how pepsiman could breathe through his out fit,I asked and he said it's a dance costume painted over,so it wasn't hot or hard to breathe through.

Ginny
01-15-2003, 03:03 PM
Sankyuu ^__^

Yup, I'll bring both so if someone wants to throw on my White Mage costume for the shoot (it's just a cloak, wig, and gloves) they can. ^__^

Doc Stampede
01-15-2003, 04:35 PM
I missed the White Mage costume - tho I actually remember it fondly from both FFT and Chocobo Dungeon 2. :)

Who *did* the Hellsing group from Saturday Night's Cosplay anyway? I didn't recognize any of them.

---

Doc

TheLoneWolf
01-15-2003, 04:45 PM
Not anyone I know....anyway,:

Fangirl: You're that Gundam,right?
Testament: Err....I think that if I was,I'd have a little more armour on!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fanboy: Hey,you're Ralf Jones from KoF,right?
Ralf Jones cosplayer: No,I'm the big ear-less military version of Chii.

You got any such?

Rosiel
01-15-2003, 04:59 PM
> You got any such?

THE exchange of the con for me...

Now keep in mind the fact that I am dressed as Yuber, with one blue eye, one /blood red/ /cat-eye/ contact.

Congoer: *does a double-take and stares at my eye* Whoa! Is it real?
Me: Yes, I was born that way. You should have seen the look on the doctor's faces.

And it happened more than once too. X__X

TheLoneWolf
01-15-2003, 05:12 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

LadyBiggs
01-16-2003, 01:41 AM
I have one responce I'd like to post in reference to this:

lupohki: " ... and also there were like 4-5 Robins from Witch Hunter Robin. Cool looking, easy to do costumes are hard to resist I guess. "

Have you ever tried to get your hair into those "Robin Bobbins" without them looking crappy???
I say to you sir/ma'am... : Þ

Ginny
01-16-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Doc Stampede
I missed the White Mage costume - tho I actually remember it fondly from both FFT and Chocobo Dungeon 2. :)

Who *did* the Hellsing group from Saturday Night's Cosplay anyway? I didn't recognize any of them.

---

Doc

I don't know, but hot damn. Both the girl with the red hair (and red contacts) and the blonde guy with the knives (who can tell I don't like Hellsing nor watch it?) were major hot. They = major sexy!! And that was on top of their costumes being great. *swoons for them*

KnuxieChan
01-17-2003, 09:00 PM
I got alot of those v.v.. All of them were

Camera person: Can I take your picture?!

Me: Sure!

Camera person:*click*And who're you suppose to be?

Me: Dark Schneider v_v'

Camera peson: ... Cool.

Rosiel
01-17-2003, 09:06 PM
> Camera person: ... Cool.

In my case this was more like it:

Me: Ldjgfieywc nt iucyhvnitgmvbijhkinok <- garbled due to fangs
Die: She said: "I'm Laures from Seimaden."
Camera person: Uh? Sei-what?

That's what I get for cosplaying uber-obscure mangas. ^__^ The only reason we really got any attention was due to the wings I bet. Shiny + wings = crowd pleaser it seems.

die-sama
01-17-2003, 11:03 PM
>>>Camera person:*click*And who're you suppose to be?

!XD!!

then came the
Person "What manga are you from??"
Laures "(@)*#&$()*@&#)(*#$"
Die" i shall translate,, Laures from Seimaden"
Person "who's that written by?"
Laures" @(*#&$)(@*&#$"
Die " huh?...say that again"
Laures " (*#&!!!(#*$%(%*!!!"
Die" Yuu Hogourufroi?"
Laures" NOooo()@*#&$!!"
Die" i think that was Yu Higiri..."
XD
oh gosh i'm a baddddd translator >_<;;;

THen of course the next thing was watching the people slowly walk away as if they wanted to avoid us *lol*

Menchi
01-18-2003, 01:34 AM
i woudl have to thnk abot what my fav costume was...i liked sooo many ^^;; an was gophering alot. but i was really happy with alof oft the costumes, an can think of so many ppl who did a great job on them. ^^;;;

Oshi
01-18-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Shippo87
I got alot of those v.v.. All of them were

Camera person: Can I take your picture?!

Me: Sure!

Me: Dark Schneider v_v'

Camera peson: ... Cool. ...so that wasn't just me? o_o;;

Ameria
01-18-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Oshi
...so that wasn't just me? o_o;;

Heck no, I got that a lot too.

Person: Can I take your guys's pictures?

Group: Oh sure!

Person: *click* ..Now who are you all?

Me: The Luffy Pirate Fleet from One Piece.

Person: Oh..I've never seen that.

Me: *sigh* The secret world of Hong Kong imports and Shonen Jump...

Menchi
01-18-2003, 03:06 PM
i got alot of that only with no pics alot of the time ^^:;; i guess that is what ya get for cosplaying a relatively uknown char ^^;;

was usually this:

person goin to con: i have been dying to ask you this before, but what char are you?

me: rinna, from panyo panyo digi charat.

person goin to the con: ? i never heard of it, but can i get your picture?

me: sure ^^;;;;;

Ameria
01-18-2003, 09:24 PM
Oh! So you were the Rinna! *bow bow* I'm really sorry, I bothered you a lot for pics when you were still trying to get the costume together. ^^;; Gomen nasai.

Oh! Speaking of costumes, I finally have my gallery up!
http://www.ameriachan.web1000.com/ohayo03/ohayo03/ohayocon03pics.html

die-sama
01-18-2003, 10:11 PM
(lol) i think a lot of people who take pics just take it for the heck of it.. there are too many "unknown" characters for photographers to remember them all ^^
i acutally liek it when people ask who i am. when i know my costume isn't that popular...
>_<;;; i'm guilty of "lack of knowledge of costumes and what people are supposed to be" ^^;;

Celine
01-19-2003, 02:20 AM
Hey, if a costume's cool enough that people want pics without knowing what it is, you should be proud! ^_^

Ameria
01-19-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Celine
Hey, if a costume's cool enough that people want pics without knowing what it is, you should be proud! ^_^

Amen to that, Celine-san! ^_^

Menchi
01-20-2003, 02:26 PM
aww its ok ^^;; ameria, i wasnt really bothered by ya at all. i jus need to work on making the ties in frong stay next time ^^;; i love to have ppl take my pic anyhow...is fun. am at a loss why outta camera i am very camera shy though *shrug* if ppl ask for my pic i seldomly ever have a prob with it ^^

Ashe
01-20-2003, 06:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Anya

Also Im not sure what it was from, but the costume that won "Best novice Craftsmanship" the work with plastics and embelishments and detail was beautiful! very impressive! Does anyone know what thats from?

Agreed- it was absolutely gorgeous- the person wearing it was sitting behind me in the masq room, and I kept turning around and staring at it all night.

Ashley

Ashe
01-20-2003, 06:56 PM
Someone was asking who did the Hellsing group - I was the Seras for that group, I did the garments and our Fargason did the props. Both the guy who played anderson and myself live in California, so that may be part of the reason we're not familiar. No one in our group has competed that much though, and this was actually our Alucards first cosplay experience.

Doc Stampede
01-21-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Ashley Rice
Someone was asking who did the Hellsing group - I was the Seras for that group, I did the garments and our Fargason did the props. Both the guy who played anderson and myself live in California, so that may be part of the reason we're not familiar. No one in our group has competed that much though, and this was actually our Alucards first cosplay experience.

Your group's set was one of the few that made me go, "I need to grab a photo of those people." Most of the congoers I spoke to had the same jaw-dropped reaction that I had.

Hats off. :)

Doc

KnuxieChan
01-22-2003, 07:14 PM
>person goin to con: i have been dying to ask you this before, but what char are you?
me: rinna, from panyo panyo digi charat.

I knew I reconized the costume but I couldn't place my finger on it ^.^;

Menchi
01-26-2003, 03:10 PM
yaaay...atleast somebody did. *hugS* then again, even if anime/char/manga isnt very popular i will still go as the char. i know most ppl woudl just walk by an be afraid to ask or something *shrugs*. i dont bite ya if ya ask, if ya see me in a costume feel free to talk meetin new ppl is fun ^^

KnuxieChan
01-26-2003, 07:52 PM
Heheh

*just noitced this*
>Camera person:*click*And who're you suppose to be?

XD.. lmao..

PockyDarcy
02-08-2003, 12:48 PM
hmm... Lot's of awesome not overdone cosplay at Ohayocon! Defenatly well done!
I liked Flexei & Rogues costumes all weekend ( Wakaba & Saionji/ A-ko and the captin) G-chan's tactic's group, Eric & Erika's ff8 costumes, Checker's How-may Nadesico costume, the cute Morning Musume cosplay girls, Domi & Hawk's Labyrnth costumes, and the street fighter group kicked some ass!!
thanks for the complements bobbi and G-chan about our pretty sammy cosplay! ^_^ It was a lot of fun!!

KnuxieChan
02-08-2003, 02:30 PM
XD!! I loved Jareth, once he walked into the room, we all had 'Dance Magic Dance' stuck in our heads.

Traeonna
01-18-2005, 07:41 PM
.. and also there were like 4-5 Robins from Witch Hunter Robin. Cool looking, easy to do costumes are hard to resist I guess. :)

I only saw 3 which included myself (I was the red-headed one). I wish we could have gotten a photo of all of us together. :( Easy to do...I beg to differ...but I suppose it may look that way to some people. Mine from concept to finish took 3 months and I still have the gloves to finish for Otakon.

Traeonna
01-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Have you ever tried to get your hair into those "Robin Bobbins" without them looking crappy??? I say to you sir/ma'am... : Þ

Yeah! I say Yeah! Nothing like having steel drilling into your head to keep those babies somewhat erect. Much fun was had for my hair, but all in all, not too bad taking in account the length of hair I had to work with. I think they'd be better if I trimmed a few inches off. Still got to get that angle correct.

Chibik3r0
01-18-2005, 07:44 PM
I only saw 3 which included myself (I was the red-headed one). I wish we could have gotten a photo of all of us together. :( Easy to do...I beg to differ...but I suppose it may look that way to some people. Mine from concept to finish took 3 months and I still have the gloves to finish for Otakon.

Uh this thread is 2 years old... So you're looking at Ohayocon 2003, not the most recent one.

Traeonna
01-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Uh this thread is 2 years old... So you're looking at Ohayocon 2003, not the most recent one.

Damn it! I thought something was wrong. I need sleep...still recovering from con. Thanks for cueing me in to my mistake. Eek! I had thought I was still in the Ohayocon 2005 thread. Damn multiple windows!!!

Ameria
01-18-2005, 09:09 PM
XD Wow, I didn't know this thread still existed! Um...well... To bring it into 2k5...

I really liked:
The Best in Show Naruto and Jiraiya
Zoroko's Strelitzia costume
Knuxie-chan's Tron and Laharl costumes
Hemuloki-sama's Tetsu
Cardcaptor Will
The One Piece group with the Usopp and Nico Robin
The car Transformer on wheels
The Psycho Le Cemu white mascot thingie
That FFTactics group
The Rose of Versailles group
The-Real-Link's awesome Link =D
Dark Mousy from D.N.Angel
The Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
The Cowboy Bebop trio (Faye, Julia and Judy)
The girl with the shuriken through her head XD
The amazingly accurate Rinoa and Selphie (with the Strange Vision nunchaku)

Silver_Maiden
01-18-2005, 10:26 PM
I liked a lot of costumes. ^^;
*The Malice Mizer group for starters
*CardCaptor Will has always been awesome
*The superawesome Envy with the superawesome green wig
*The really short "Chibi" Ed
*The Kumagorou-Ryuichis
*The-Real-Link just rocked.
*As did Hemuloki-sama's Tetsu
*The amazingly accurate Yuna, Rikku and Rinoa
*The cute little Yuna, Rikku, Lenne and Tidus
And lastly~
*Nix Black's Alucard.

Even so, kudos to everyone who dressed up. The cosplay was simply amazing.

KnuxieChan
01-18-2005, 10:36 PM
-Hemuloki-sama's Tetsu.
-Ameria and her gang, all of their costumes.
-The-Real-Link was kickass.
-Chibi Kero's Kiba costume.
-KonekoMiyabi's Forte was adorable.
-The Bouncer cosplayers were awesome. The grey-dude was also Orochimaru the next day.
-Patient Demon from SH2! Come to CCC4 so I can be Pyramid Head!
-Saker's Voldo costume.
-All of Bobbi's costumes. Flonne was especially adorable.

tornbutterfly
01-18-2005, 10:50 PM
xD I spent most of the con tired and sleep deprived... but I really liked most of the people in the J-ongaku room, that Nikki cosplayer I ran into just outside, and Bekki's Silent Hill 4 cosplay rocked. Eileen, I think was the name of her character. ^^ Sadly, I know too few series to recognize many people. ; _ ;

I miss the person I met in the J-ongaku room in the pink dress cosplaying as a person that I didn't know. [I felt bad that I didn't know it because the cosplay was so pretty.] n_n;; To this moment, I'm not sure whether this person was a he or a she. I was going with she until my friend was like, "I heard someone mention she was a he." and now my head just hurts.

xD Ohayocon rocked in general, though. Whoot. <3<3

Miyabi-
01-18-2005, 11:24 PM
I loved so many things...I hate to start a list buuut...

The T-Chan from the Petshop of Horrors group.
anything done by Bobbi and Menchi
the kid Inuyasha group who went "Stuuuuudellllll!" to me. Too cute!
Shippo87's Laharl. You seemed so happy you made me happy just standing by you..lol
The Real Link's...Links. Seriously...I wanted to stalk him. ^_^
the little kid Link. I wanted to adopt him. And he seemed excited to see Inuyasha. ^_^
All of R1kku's costumes. She's an awesome costumer.
Rameana's Jujuka! and her Kouga will always be one of my favorites. Even Scott McNeil said it was amazing! ^_^
Chibiusa's Chii was soooo pretty. She's the perfect Chii!
MiniVicious's Mini Vinnie..lol And many thanks to her for referring to me as "the good Inuyasha from Sugoicon." LOL That made my day.
The Agent Paper with the money sword.
Little_Aki's Rekki from Haibane. Thanks for posing for pictures with us!

Recowa
01-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Woot It's hard to say what was my favorite costumes during the convention ^.^ I did like the
Gravitation cosplay
Malice Mizer
Final Fantasy
Naruto
Yugi Oh
Zelda XD

Loki-sama
01-18-2005, 11:31 PM
OMG! Thank you guys so much for the compliments! I'm blushing everywhere now! Oh my!

More people should have talked to me though and I wish I had talked to you more Koneko.

R1KKu
01-18-2005, 11:46 PM
OOhhh, costumes I like. Well, there's a few to name...

-The cute little FFX-2 cosplayers
-the adorable little girl dressed as Rin who kept yelling "Sesshy!" and pointed everytime I walked by. Her costume was nicely done.(I wanna take her home)
-Rameana's Kouga. I just really loved that fur XD
-The Real Link's link, thats some dedication, and probably a few visits to the chiropractor :p (naw Im j/k)
-Koneko's Inuyasha. Those contacts just rock! Even the other costume looked really nice (although I forgot the character's name :confused: )
-LimeBarb's crew. Both the FFT and those bumblebee costumes were so gorgeous. Man, I wish I could create stuff like that.
-StungunMoy's Ivy. Well done, and the sword is awesome!
-Yui and her Amano styled costume (of the character who's name I do not know, but she has some amazing work!)

...And to everyone else who cosplayed :p

Miyabi-
01-19-2005, 12:15 AM
Seriously Loki-sama....I saw you and squealed "T-Chan!!!" to my boyfriend...LOL I'd like to do something Petshop of Horrors related some day in the distant future. I'm pale enough to be Count D...lol

The-Real-Link
01-19-2005, 01:25 AM
OMG! Thank you guys so much for the compliments! I'm blushing everywhere now! Oh my!

...and I wish I had talked to you more Koneko.

Looking at the thread again, I have to say exactly the same thing. Thanks to you guys for the compliments, and sorry if I didn't get to talk Koneko :(

KnuxieChan
01-19-2005, 02:05 AM
Shippo87's Laharl. You seemed so happy you made me happy just standing by you..lol*laughs*Am I REALLY that cheerful to be around? I'm really only that energetic at cons. I'm a real bore at home.

jedite333
01-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Heh...thanks for the praise, Shippo. ^^ Your LaHarl was awesome too. Did anybody mistake you for Tetsuo like my friends did? They're had no idea what Disgaea was. Poor fools...

Anyways, yeah. besiudes Laharl, I really liked the Gogo (my god that was detailed), the Prince of the Cosmos (Katamari Damacy <3), the live-action Jedite, CAIT SITH!! (good too see someone finally honor the best FF character), and of course Zak the Nightmare. You rocked, sir.

Fun times.

KnuxieChan
01-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Nope XD No people asking if I was Tetsuo. That would have been funny though.

Miyabi-
01-19-2005, 04:24 PM
Looking at the thread again, I have to say exactly the same thing. Thanks to you guys for the compliments, and sorry if I didn't get to talk Koneko :(

It's ok! You were on staff and seemed really busy. I'm just glad I managed to stop you for a picture in the red Link outfit. ^_^ I'm a huge Zelda fan (I'm arranging my vacation around the release date of the new game...it's sad) and it was great to see Link so well represented!

Michilo
01-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Oh I saw the Rinn from Inuyasha! She was really adorable. I um..ehem..liked the particularly sexy Kaiba..*cough* not that I was in a Yugi-oh group or anything (as Mokuba..lol..)
Oh yes, Mana was amazing, giant hoop skirt and all! The Yuna who did the dance with her staff on stage was cool I thought (her bow owned) and of course, the Pharoh that I had the honor to walk around with who had the best hair I have ever seen!

KnuxieChan
01-19-2005, 11:14 PM
Oh I saw the Rinn from Inuyasha! She was really adorable. I um..ehem..liked the particularly sexy Kaiba..*cough* not that I was in a Yugi-oh group or anything (as Mokuba..lol..)
Oh yes, Mana was amazing, giant hoop skirt and all! The Yuna who did the dance with her staff on stage was cool I thought (her bow owned) and of course, the Pharoh that I had the honor to walk around with who had the best hair I have ever seen!
Kaiba and Yami were awesome XD Yami and I had a duel to see who could get more women to sit on their lap. She won of course, but I got to be carried off!

The-Real-Link
01-20-2005, 12:49 AM
It's ok! You were on staff and seemed really busy. I'm just glad I managed to stop you for a picture in the red Link outfit. ^_^ I'm a huge Zelda fan (I'm arranging my vacation around the release date of the new game...it's sad) and it was great to see Link so well represented!

On Staff? Hmm no actually that was the other Link ^^. I know this because he was right at the ops room when I had my gear checked by security, not to mention the fact that we took some pics right there too. The closest thing I myself did to being on staff was help my friends in Artist's Alley a little bit when they packed up. Either way, thanks for the chat on Saturday!

Hikaru0
01-20-2005, 03:32 AM
Jedite-thanks for the compliment on my Gogo! :D Sadly, this will be the last time I wear Gogo unless it's for a gathering of some sort. x.x I unfortunately passed out on the main stairs by the Hyatt due to overheating, so Gogo must be worn with care from now on.

As for costumes I loved, I personally enjoyed seeing the costumes of more obscure stuff--Yui's Sevi and Dream costumes, Aikoe as "A.J." ^_~ aka Sara. (heh-heh) Lissiechama in her Chii costumes (omg, and then she played tag with the freya, that was too adorable) Julia, Barb, Jaquii, Zach, Jim (ect ect ect) in their Final Fantasy and Bouncer costumes. (Jim, we love you. You have a growing harem.) and Scott's brand smanking new Sindbad costume. Very well done.
And who could forget Ryonai (my SD13) from friday as Mini-Takuto? XD That seemed to draw much positive and negative reactions, but it was the highlight of the con for me.

Miyabi-
01-20-2005, 06:55 AM
On Staff? Hmm no actually that was the other Link ^^. I know this because he was right at the ops room when I had my gear checked by security, not to mention the fact that we took some pics right there too. The closest thing I myself did to being on staff was help my friends in Artist's Alley a little bit when they packed up. Either way, thanks for the chat on Saturday!

Ooops! Maybe it just seemed like you were on staff because you always had a small gathering of people around you! ^_^

Jaquii
01-20-2005, 12:46 PM
I loved lots of costumes that I saw at Ohayocon, but here are some of my favorites:

~Allstaralice's Adora costume (yaaaay for Reneeeee!!!) ; )
~Zach's/Strippervash's Cloud crossplay
~Jim's/Voltz's "Narutard"...and his bouncer costume, whoever he was...all the Bouncer costumes were cool!!
~Barb (limebarb) and Julia's (Jia Crens) FFVII Bumblebee costumes
~Yui's amano costume
~(and I know this will sound dumb because I was in their cosplay group, but...) Barb's Mute and Julia's Ritz; OMFGAMAZING!!!!!!!

Voltz
01-20-2005, 01:03 PM
All costumes, I loved them all. I believe that's possible...but for ones I really liked.

Beth's GoGo
Ashly's costumes
Bouncer
FFA Tatics
Naruto
Those little kids in costumes rocked, all of them. =)

0bscurity
01-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Loki's T-chan was the absolute sex.
Yui's Dream was freaking awesome.

xD Also, everyone in the Angel Sanctuary group. Your costumes were awesome. I <3 you all. ;__; Though, it did make me sad only like..one person knew who I was. Ah well.

Isis Ishtar
01-20-2005, 03:22 PM
;_______; So many awesome costumes <33333

-All of Yui's stuff, but especially Sevi and Dream *______* Dream was just amazing...I feel special that I was the first person to technically see it ^^;;
-Everyone in our Angel Sanctuary group...you all rocked.
-The Final Fantasy Tactics Advance group had some of the most beautiful costumes ever. I especially couldn't get over Jaquii's ;______; <33333 I wanna do that costume now XDDD;; It's so gorgeous *__*
-Loki's Tetsu because we all know she is the ultimate sex *nodnod*
-The Real Link because not only do you have awesome Link costumes, you RECOGNIZED ME AND KNEW WHO I WAS ON THESE FORUMS ;_______; No one else did XD When you asked if I was Isis I was all confused at first ^^; Because no one ever recognizes me x.x;; But yeah, you're really nice and I'm glad you stopped to talk to me when I was all lonely and wandering around by myself Friday night ^^;;;
-The Magna Carta group <333333333
-The mini-FFX-2ers because they were the cutest things ever u_u
-The Diru Gauze group *_______*

Jaquii
01-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Oh! And also the mini-.hackers!!!!!!! <3X1000000!

The-Real-Link
01-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Oh hey Hikaru0! I'm sorry I had forgotten your name but I talked to you awhile near Artist's Alley when you were dressed as Gogo! That was uber sweet...and I don't doubt one bit that it must've been hot for you wearing all that! Awesome job!

*bows* Thanks Isis. ^^

Hikaru0
01-20-2005, 05:49 PM
Oh hey Hikaru0! I'm sorry I had forgotten your name but I talked to you awhile near Artist's Alley when you were dressed as Gogo! That was uber sweet...and I don't doubt one bit that it must've been hot for you wearing all that! Awesome job!

Thanks! XD I didn't know who you were at first, it's hard to recognize you out of costume. (that and I'm blind as an old bat without my glasses on..) XD Although I've been dying to ask, how heavy is your shield exactly?

The-Real-Link
01-20-2005, 06:08 PM
I think it's near 40lbs, give or take a few :p

KnuxieChan
01-20-2005, 09:47 PM
Voltz, your Orochimaru and Bouncer costumes are teh sex.

Chieri
01-21-2005, 12:55 AM
xD Also, everyone in the Angel Sanctuary group. Your costumes were awesome. I <3 you all. ;__; Though, it did make me sad only like..one person knew who I was. Ah well.

You're totally my favorite Michael ever. >D <3 you too. ;o;

Other costumes...

-Tsumi to Batsu cosplayers ;o;
-Caleb's Raison D'etre Kaoru ;o;
-Little Final Fantasy kids so cute ;o;

But there were so many beautiful outfits! <3

AuroraPeachy
01-21-2005, 01:38 PM
All the cosplay was wonderful, but my favorites would have to be:

- the three Shitennou from PGSM. OMG amazing!!!! I hope I didn't break anything off your costumes when I hugged you >.>

- chibiusa: you are the cutest Chii IN THE WORLD!!! I wish we would have got to hang out more ;-; *huggles*

- The-Real-Link: I'm so glad I got to talk with you! Even if it was just for a few minutes. I place awesome cosplayers on such high pedestals (especially when they've been in a masquerade) that I often get nervous talking to them. Thank you for being so friendly!!

- All the little cosplayers. Final Fantasy, Link, Rin, you were all so cute!!! I just wanted to squeal and huggle the little Link when he asked in his quiet voice, "Are you Kaiba?" and then said bye to me when I got off the elevator. I was so tired though I didn't have time to respond before the elevator door closed. I feel so bad ;________;

- Everyone in our Yugioh group! Brittany, Lissie, Jenny, you guys ROCKED!!! I would have had so much less fun if I hadn't been able to walk around with you guys! Hope we can all go to Tekkoshocon together! ^_^

Loki-sama
01-21-2005, 02:41 PM
I loved everyone's AS costume!
-Koneko's Inuyasha
-The mini FF X-2 cosplayers. So adorable!

Koneko, I knew it was you when I first saw you. I was waiting to get my room and you were right behind me and I kept on smiling so I had to turn away.

Anyway, OMG, I didn't know that T-chan would be so popular! I thought no one would recognize it and that my Saturday would be lonely but no, almost everyone recognized it and spazzed! Thank you everyone!

Ameria
01-21-2005, 04:05 PM
I think it's near 40lbs, give or take a few :p
o.o!! Is there a chiropractor in the house?! Your poor spiiiiine! T_T

KnuxieChan
01-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Even my friends that didn't go to the con loved your costume, Loki!

OMG, Samantha?! That was you as Kaiba?! I didn't even recognize you! XD It's me, Mallory from LCCC! I was the loser Mars/Kiba at the LCCC Halloween party.

I was also the Laharl versing Yami on Friday at the con.

Menchi
01-21-2005, 04:38 PM
konekomiyabi thanks , my costumes aren't that great i think ^^:; am more suprised i get mentioned than anything else heh.

Miyabi-
01-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Koneko, I knew it was you when I first saw you. I was waiting to get my room and you were right behind me and I kept on smiling so I had to turn away.

Really? You should have said something! I'd have died of happiness at being recognized...lol I noticed you guys glancing back and I was wondering if I knew you or not....I always feel horrible when people recognize me and I have to say "Oh thanks! um....what was your ID again?" ^_^ I'm so bad with names....
Check in was such a pain...managing Tetsusaiga and checking in at the same time is always awful. At least this time around I had a Kagome to hold it for me. "Hold the sword wench." hee hee! ^_^

Menchi, Oh come on, I've seen the amount of work you put into your costumes. No need for modesty! ^_^ And the new avatar is cute! If bunnies really were stripey like that I'd want one...lol

Loki-sama
01-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Yea, I knew you. I remembered you from Sugoi and I was like, "OMG, it's her again! Contacts!"

NecromanticChii
01-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Chibiusa, I wish we would've been able to hang out a bit more. ^_^ I had fun in 05, so I was glad I was able to find you this year. ^_^ Kira, and Athrun, I am glad I got to hang out with both of you at the con.
- My fav. cosplays, were all the little hackers, they were so cute. ^_^
- I would also have to say Pacman was cool. I mean it had to be hard to walk around in. ^_^
- Another would be the transformer. I mean they really did transform. That gets lots of points. ^_^( You could even push the car form down the hall) ^_^

Starlit Rose
01-21-2005, 09:04 PM
- All of Yui's stuff was great. But that's no suprised. :p
- The Final Fantasy minis were cute!
- The Tsumi to Batsu cosplayers totally blew me away. e.e
- The Final Fantasy IX couple! Glad to see the game still exists in some people's hearts! ;-;
- The-Real-Link's costumes - I'd looked at pictures in your gallery long before the con and thought that you were the best Link cosplayer I'd seen, and I even though I didn't realize it was you at the con, I still thought there, "Wow, that's a perfect Link!" ^_^ And that thing is seriously 40 lbs? Are you insane?! XD Kudos!
- What I saw of the Angel Sanctuary group (which was at random, and since I never saw all of you together I can bet I saw a lot of you and didn't realize it was Angel Sanctuary...need to read that series >.<) and recognized I thought were excellent costumes.

AuroraPeachy
01-22-2005, 04:04 PM
OMG, Samantha?! That was you as Kaiba?! I didn't even recognize you! XD It's me, Mallory from LCCC! I was the loser Mars/Kiba at the LCCC Halloween party.

I was also the Laharl versing Yami on Friday at the con.

omg Mallory I'm sorry! I didn't even know that you didn't recognize me! I should have said something >_< Probably cause I'm usually in some kind of a wig (wore Sakura at the Halloween party) We weren't ever around James or Bobbi or anyone else from LCCC while doing the little contest on the shoe-shine thrones or it might have been more obvious ^^;; so sorry! :schitzo:

hanyoualanna
01-22-2005, 11:53 PM
...I miss the person I met in the J-ongaku room in the pink dress cosplaying as a person that I didn't know. [I felt bad that I didn't know it because the cosplay was so pretty.] n_n;; To this moment, I'm not sure whether this person was a he or a she. I was going with she until my friend was like, "I heard someone mention she was a he." and now my head just hurts.

Haha, that was Ari and yes, he's a guy. He told me who he was cosplaying about ten times but I can't think of the name ((>_<)) It was some obscure female jrocker that started with an S.

I liked a lot of the cosplays that I saw. There were some beautiful jrock outfits and FF cosplays. KonekoMiyabi, I love your Inuyasha outfit, the contacts are so cool! Everybody did a good job on their cosplays this year.

Miyabi-
01-23-2005, 12:45 AM
Thank you Allana! ^_^ *feels so loved* lol

KnuxieChan
01-23-2005, 03:18 PM
omg Mallory I'm sorry! I didn't even know that you didn't recognize me! I should have said something >_< Probably cause I'm usually in some kind of a wig (wore Sakura at the Halloween party) We weren't ever around James or Bobbi or anyone else from LCCC while doing the little contest on the shoe-shine thrones or it might have been more obvious ^^;; so sorry! :schitzo:
Heheh, it's okay. I loved your guys' costumes though, and the tip you gave me for the Naruto shoes helped! (Although I'll probably never wear Kiba again. >.O')

It was good to see you though!

Traeonna
01-23-2005, 03:24 PM
Ok, here were my favourites...yes, there are quite a few, but how could I ever just pick one?!

Cowboy Bebop: Julia, Faye Valentine, Judy (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0115d0040.jpg)
SQUEEE! Ok, I’m a fangirl, what can I say. I was amazed that Judy kept herself all in place. Again, I’m a sucker for groups…and these three gals looked fabulous.

Naruto: Naruto, Narutard (the product of failed Cosplayer No Jutsu), Jiraiya (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0115k0041.jpg)
For one, this skit made me almost pee myself…too damned funny. Jiraiya ( http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=259766)’s wig was fantabulous…I’ve seen so many do it wrong…and finally, it was done right…and he made it!!! Guys who can craft ROCK! Narutard just cracked me up beyond all belief and has provided me with giggles until the next con. Naruto’s wig was also excellently styled as most don’t quite get the spikiness. Also, Narutard as Orochimaru was too damn scary for words…best one I have seen yet.

Rose of Versailles: Bernard, Marie Antoinette, Oscar Francois de Jarjeyes ( http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=259766)
The craftsmanship of these costumes were excellent and Lady Oscar, you were just too damned hot for your own good!

Hellsing: Seras Victoria (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0114f0028.jpg)
Ok, so I'm a Hellsing slut...I have a thing for girls with big guns, but she was one of the best Seras I've seen...and comes with all the accessories...my kind of gal!

Naruto: Haku (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=257173)
One of the best Haku I have seen. I’m so digging the needles (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=257175).

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Live Action: Zoisite, Nephrite, Jadeite ( http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=259581 [/URL)
Ok, I’m not a big Sailor Moon fan and I didn’t even know that had a live action, but I found out quickly when I found these three and later was impressed when looking at reference material how close their costumes were.

Naruto: Gaara (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=260506)
Girl Gaara rocked…her gourd was amazingly constructed.

Trigun: Wolfwood, Vash (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=256320)
I loved the girliefied Wolfwood and Vash. A friend had mentioned several times how she wanted to do them girl style.

Yu Gi Oh: Kiba (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0114b0022.jpg)
I apologize to this person because I am not familiar with the character (hey, I never said I knew everything), but the construction of this coat was amazing.
EDIT: Thanks NecromanticChii for telling me where this was from. Yeah, I obviously do NOT watch Yu Gi Oh.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Mute, Queen Remedy, Ritz (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0115g0022.jpg)
Another one I’m not familiar with, but your damned armour impressed me. I’m used to metal, PVC, and acrylic, but paper mache? Never even thought of making armour out of that…the painting job was fantabulous.
EDIT: Thanks Jaquii! Yeah, not a FF person either...so I claim ignorance!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Edward Elric (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0114c0035.jpg)
This gal was one of the better Edwards I saw. Her wig was definitely the best.

Read Or Die: The Paper (Yomiko Readman) (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0114d0084.jpg)
I was just so happy to see The Paper there and I loved the money sword!

"Loki-sama" (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=259808)
This girl’s horns were amazingly crafted. I’ve seen a lot of horns and these had great detail.
[I]EDIT: Loki-sama...there you are!

UNKNOWN (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0114c0096.jpg)
Ok, again, I apologize. I know it's a J-pop thing most likely, which I am completely unfamiliar, but I love people who do things in groups and the costumes were well constructed. Plus, I'm just a dork when it comes to big girlie dresses...

UNKNOWN (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0115b0087.jpg)
More apologies...with all the J-pop people, video gamers, and gothic-lolita girls running around...it's hard to tell anymore who is from what...but I really loved this uber girlie dress with black waist cincher and parasol. I'd like to take her to a Sunday picnic!

Kunai in Head (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0115f0141.jpg)
Ok, this just made me giggle…I love when people are creative!

Inuyasha: Rin (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0115f0160.jpg)
SQUEEEEE! This Rin was too darned cute…every time I heard her talk, I giggled because she was just so cute!!!

Final Fantasy X-2: Shuyin, Lenne, Rikku, Yuna (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0114d0039.jpg)
Ok, I'm not really familiar with all these video game things, but my friend cosplayed Paine, so I have a small clue. Kids who cosplay are just cute no matter what...it wasn't necessarily quality of costume that made me go SQUEE, but just that they were a group of kids all decked out...

Transformers (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=259487)
Maybe not the most durable or well crafted, but damn, anyone who can actually transform has got to get some credit…very creative! Loved the Transformer helper.

NecromanticChii
01-23-2005, 03:44 PM
The first unknown I think is Kiba from Yu Gi Oh. ^_^

Loki-sama
01-23-2005, 04:23 PM
I was the Unknown with the horns...I never saw any other horns there at the con. Thanks for the compliment, they were made by my friend Ayaka!

Jaquii
01-23-2005, 05:14 PM
The unknowns with the armor are Julia and Barb as Ritz and Mute from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. : )

Ashiri-chan
01-23-2005, 10:20 PM
Cowboy Bebop: Julia, Faye Valentine, Judy (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0115d0040.jpg)
SQUEEE! Ok, I’m a fangirl, what can I say. I was amazed that Judy kept herself all in place. Again, I’m a sucker for groups…and these three gals looked fabulous.

awww...thanks ^^ I was that Judy. It wasn't that bad actually - I had this medical body adhesive (used to keep stockings up and things like that). It worked very well and came off with just water.

It was a fun costume. I'm glad you liked it. The other two girls are my lovely friends Troppy and Anya.

Rameana
01-24-2005, 01:33 AM
awww...thanks ^^ I was that Judy. It wasn't that bad actually - I had this medical body adhesive (used to keep stockings up and things like that). It worked very well and came off with just water.

It was a fun costume. I'm glad you liked it. The other two girls are my lovely friends Troppy and Anya.

Hey do any of u have any pics of this?

Loki-sama
01-24-2005, 02:37 AM
OH! If I had known you were the Robin at the con! I enjoyed talking to you after the Masq. and I remembered how we specifically talked about how people didn't come up to me because they thought I was so serious!

See, you talked to me for like...5 minutes (O.o) and you already know that I'm a complete loser.

Anyway, let's talk somemore! Your Robin costume was awesome!

marsie
01-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Jeanne and Sinbad! They were awesome. I don't see many KKJ cosplayers. Sorry if I drooled all over you two!

Mini FFX-2 group- OMG they were so cute and they were awesome mini cosplayers. LOVED THEM

Galaxy Angels: You were awesome

Live action SM Generals: ;_; Please say you are bringing this to Otakon. I am making a live action Mars. I soo would love to see you all there

KnuxieChan
01-24-2005, 02:37 PM
I know the girl Gaara. She's my friend, Melanie. ^__^ I shall tell her you love her outfit. (Whenever I see her again.)

Melchior
01-24-2005, 03:55 PM
I know the girl Gaara. She's my friend, Melanie. ^__^ I shall tell her you love her outfit. (Whenever I see her again.)

It'd just inflate her ego :thumbsup:

But yea, she did a great job for the first costume she's ever done.

Notable costumes:
(I would have bugged all of you guys for pictures but alas, my camera was dead and I didn't bring it to the con. Next year though!)

Barb's FFTA costumes - Great craftsmanship as usual!
Ashiri-chan's Selphi - You really did look like Selphie, and The nunchucks were very well made. Did you make them yourself? Also, you get props for putting up with that one guy in the elevator who said "My wife used to wear dresses like that for me a long time ago." without whacking him :thumbsup:
Rikku's Sesshoumaru & Samurai Rikku - Gotta love that sintra - the armor on both costumes looked great!. Also, it was fun meeting you for the first time in the hallway and then being unable to move for 45 minutes as we kept getting pictures of both of us as Sesshou.
Yugi and Kaiba (TakagaNaoSama & her sister) - You guys are getting really good at sewing. I need to practice more and catch up!
Reki of Haibane Renmei - You really did look like Reki, and you get SERIOUS bonus points for having her lighter too. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you more!
Tio (Grandia II) - I saw you on either Friday or Saturday morning near the Artist's alley. Thank you for doing a costume I have never seen before from a game that's rarely cosplayed!
The Galaxy Angel Group - Dejiko & crew did a great job! Once again, I almost never seen GA cosplay!
Koneko's Inuyasha - I really like your wig and ears - mine seems to be a bit too much like a helmet :thumbsup: but you really pull the character of f well (looks at that ramen picture in your gallery)
Both Dizzies - You guys both were able to pull off a difficult costume tastefully and well crafted. Keep up the good work!
The only KOS-MOS there - I'm pretty sure you were in Artist's Alley alot. As I told you @ the con, you get first prize for defying gravity on that costume. I hope you managed to get out of it alright!

I'm sure there's seriously tons more I am forgetting, but there were a ton of great costumes this year!

Traeonna
01-24-2005, 07:36 PM
OH! If I had known you were the Robin at the con! I enjoyed talking to you after the Masq. and I remembered how we specifically talked about how people didn't come up to me because they thought I was so serious! See, you talked to me for like...5 minutes (O.o) and you already know that I'm a complete loser. Anyway, let's talk somemore! Your Robin costume was awesome!

Hey, it was fun helping you get those flip-flops on without taking off toe claws! I totally enjoyed talking with you...hey, strange people tend to gravitate towards each other...so if you think you're weird...then I guess the same goes for me. Oh, and I'm glad you liked my Robin. She's still under construction, but I hope to make a full finished debut at Otakon.

Traeonna
01-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Gaara was her first costume? Geez, I'm impressed. I've seen veterans try that gourd and mess it up royaly. Well Kudos for Girl Gaara (aka Melanie).

Traeonna
01-24-2005, 07:43 PM
The unknowns with the armor are Julia and Barb as Ritz and Mute from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. : )

These Unknown? (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0115g0022.jpg)

Traeonna
01-24-2005, 07:54 PM
I was the Unknown with the horns...I never saw any other horns there at the con. Thanks for the compliment, they were made by my friend Ayaka!

Oh, yeah, I forgot to ask so I can update my UNKNOWNs...were you Tetsu from Petshop of Horrors? I've never seen, but someone mentioned it to me...

Jaquii
01-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Yup, those unknown! I'm the one in the middle looking rather dazed. ^o^

Traeonna
01-24-2005, 11:27 PM
Yup, those unknown! I'm the one in the middle looking rather dazed. ^o^

Ok, from left to right can you tell me the character names so I get them all in the correct order? I'd :heart: you so much for it!

Miyabi-
01-25-2005, 12:18 AM
Melchoir,
Yeah, we were pretty excited about being able to get the entire group of Galaxy Angels together. (I was the Forte) I'd only ever seen one other person do it and it was a girl who did another Forte and she did an *awesome* job. I still need to add some details to my coat....*sigh*

And thank you for the nice compliment about Inu! I made my ears sewn to flip clips so they nestle right in the wig and so I didn't have to mess with the headband thing. I can make you a pair if you like! ^_^

icedragon622
01-25-2005, 01:55 PM
The two guys that did the cosplay were really cool. they had the best of the gravitation cosplay because the boys were really acting like
Shuichi Shindou and Eiri Yuki. It was really cool they were really hot and funny.

LittleAki
01-25-2005, 02:10 PM
Reki of Haibane Renmei - You really did look like Reki, and you get SERIOUS bonus points for having her lighter too. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you more!

<--me ^_^
Thanks you very much ^_^ The lighter was one of my favorite parts, lol.
There's always next year too ^_^

Traeonna
01-25-2005, 02:50 PM
The two guys that did the cosplay were really cool. they had the best of the gravitation cosplay because the boys were really acting like Shuichi Shindou and Eiri Yuki. It was really cool they were really hot and funny.

Are you talking about these boys (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=259993) (here with Tohma)? Why couldn't there be and uber cute boy *sparkly*sparkly* (AKA Ryuichi)?! Not saying I didn't totatally love the cutie that I found as Ryuichi (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=257456) (here with K).

Jaquii
01-25-2005, 05:37 PM
This should help ^o^

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=256624

KnuxieChan
01-25-2005, 06:07 PM
The Yuki's name is Jason, I dunno the Shuichi. They claim they're not gay, and just act like that for attention. Hummm.. >_>

Silver_Maiden
01-25-2005, 07:02 PM
The Yuki's name is Jason, I dunno the Shuichi. They claim they're not gay, and just act like that for attention. Hummm.. >_>

Really? That's not what I was told-- o___o;

kaohotplate
01-25-2005, 10:40 PM
I really enjoyed:
malice mizer group
kana <333
all of the dir en grey people looked so great
frontiers Yura-sama
Tron Bonne <333
the two Aya's (rememberance and RH)
some of the lolitas...i don't know who was who so i can't specify XD but i saw some good ones
the samara/sadako cosplayer
blade
ah there were too many more to name XD

~JeSsIcA~

Melchior
01-25-2005, 11:09 PM
I forgot one.

Ichigo and Ichigo
This joke is only funny if you know both characters, but there was a guy and girl going around as Ichigo (Tokyo Mew Mew) and Ichigo (Bleach). I found it hillarious and clever. :D

R1KKu
01-26-2005, 12:37 AM
Heh, I forgot one too... yours, Melchior... Because your Sesshy rocked! It looks more comfortable than mine, and your armor looks pretty good, despite the materials used for it. And, *shudders* although Im not a big fan of Naruto cosplays (too many I tell ya) I did like your Jiraiya, mega props on that headband, cuz it was awesome! Foam and bondo all the way!

Menchi
01-26-2005, 03:32 AM
i really don't remember many of the costumes, so i have a hard time saying i liked one or another...maybe i am jus forgetful?

holy_garber
01-26-2005, 11:24 AM
i <3 the tetris blocks

icedragon622
01-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Are you talking about these boys (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=259993) (here with Tohma)? Why couldn't there be and uber cute boy *sparkly*sparkly* (AKA Ryuichi)?! Not saying I didn't totatally love the cutie that I found as Ryuichi (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=257456) (here with K).

The more cool and awesome cosplay will make more people cosplay and act just like their person. I think that the two boys could kiss was really cool. just the boys form gravitation. And yes i am the are very hot guy and sexxy

KnuxieChan
01-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Really? That's not what I was told-- o___o;
That's what the Yuki (Jason) told me o.o;

Ashiri-chan
01-27-2005, 12:24 AM
Ashiri-chan's Selphi - You really did look like Selphie, and The nunchucks were very well made. Did you make them yourself? Also, you get props for putting up with that one guy in the elevator who said "My wife used to wear dresses like that for me a long time ago." without whacking him :thumbsup:

hehe thanks ^^ I've been told theres some resemblence, even thought I don't really see it ^^;;

My nunchaku were itching to beat someone, but I held back ^_~

Hey do any of u have any pics of this?

Pics are in my gallery ^^

icedragon622
01-27-2005, 07:25 AM
Did any one see the Male sesshomaru. He had really cool armor and the he was A BOUT 6''FT tall. so did one get any really good pics of him.

Kagekaze
01-27-2005, 09:32 AM
I was really happy to see "Katamari Domacy" (spelling?) represented!!!

I also was very happy to see Kyo from Dir en Grey represented so awesomely by the girl who wore his black suit with the rows of white buttons running down the sleeves! You were the very best Kyo I've ever seen!

I also was impressed by the younger kids who were dressed up as FF characters! Their costumes were so detailed and so adorable! ^0^

Starlit Rose
01-27-2005, 06:13 PM
I also was very happy to see Kyo from Dir en Grey represented so awesomely by the girl who wore his black suit with the rows of white buttons running down the sleeves! You were the very best Kyo I've ever seen!

Uwaaa thank yoooouuuu~~! That means so much to mee. ;-; *cling*

Anne Packrat
01-28-2005, 01:59 AM
To quote what I wrote in another forum:

I like people that distinguish their costumes with in character props. For example:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=259638

I've seen many Fruits Basket Tohrus but this is the first time I've seen anyone make the picture of Tohru's mom. It's a great idea and really made an impression on me. It shows a lot of thought on this cosplayer's part.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=259688

Notice the gloves on Ayato (the guy on the left). Ayato gets these gloves midway through the series. If I did Ayato I wouldn't have thought to include them with the costume. I'm pleased as pika that this guy did so.

So Tohru, Ayato, hats off you. You guys kick butt, and have joined my personal list of great cosplayers.

Kagekaze
01-28-2005, 10:33 AM
Kuroi Yokan, that was you?! O_O

Yay, I'm so glad you read this then! I was too shy to say anything, but you were great! I loved the costume, but I also liked the fact that you didn't try to make Kyo seem like an evil undead animal. (Lots of people who cosplay as Kyo only throw on a black suit, sprinkle themselves in fake blood, and then growl and jump at people!) No, seriously, I've had a Kyo growl at me in California.

Your costume was so detailed. I love that. (And your wig wasn't falling off your head. Or, pardon me, was that your real hair gelled up?) Which ever, it looked totally cool!

KnuxieChan
01-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Did any one see the Male sesshomaru. He had really cool armor and the he was A BOUT 6''FT tall. so did one get any really good pics of him.
That was probably our part-time hanyou, Melchior. ^^

icedragon622
01-28-2005, 05:06 PM
can some one can tall me who is Melchior did they come as sesshomaru

R1KKu
01-28-2005, 05:41 PM
can some one can tall me who is Melchior did they come as sesshomaru

Yes he did, and he posts on these forums as Melchior, although I dont think he posts alot.

icedragon622
01-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Yes he did, and he posts on these forums as Melchior, although I dont think he posts alot.

thanks for talling me my friends are very wierd. I will pass the info. on thanks a gain. :chatah:

icedragon622
01-28-2005, 11:53 PM
It'd just inflate her ego :thumbsup:

But yea, she did a great job for the first costume she's ever done.

Notable costumes:
(I would have bugged all of you guys for pictures but alas, my camera was dead and I didn't bring it to the con. Next year though!)

Barb's FFTA costumes - Great craftsmanship as usual!
Rikku's Sesshoumaru & Samurai Rikku - Gotta love that sintra - the armor on both costumes looked great!. Also, it was fun meeting you for the first time in the hallway and then being unable to move for 45 minutes as we kept getting pictures of both of us as Sesshou.
Yugi and Kaiba (TakagaNaoSama & her sister) - You guys are getting really good at sewing. I need to practice more and catch up!
Tio (Grandia II) - I saw you on either Friday or Saturday morning near the Artist's alley. Thank you for doing a costume I have never seen before from a game that's rarely cosplayed!
The Galaxy Angel Group - Dejiko & crew did a great job! Once again, I almost never seen GA cosplay!
Koneko's Inuyasha - I really like your wig and ears - mine seems to be a bit too much like a helmet :thumbsup: but you really pull the character of f well (looks at that ramen picture in your gallery)
Both Dizzies - You guys both were able to pull off a difficult costume tastefully and well crafted. Keep up the good work!
The only KOS-MOS there - I'm pretty sure you were in Artist's Alley alot. As I told you @ the con, you get first prize for defying gravity on that costume. I hope you managed to get out of it alright!

I'm sure there's seriously tons more I am forgetting, but there were a ton of great costumes this year!

you should writeme on the forums so i would know if you are the person that my friends were play games with. They really think that you are a good person. so please write me one so i know that it is the Riku were playing with kagome and kikyo.

Melchior
01-29-2005, 01:13 AM
you should writeme on the forums so i would know if you are the person that my friends were play games with. They really think that you are a good person. so please write me one so i know that it is the Riku were playing with kagome and kikyo.

Playing which kinds of games? I wasn't in either gameroom all weekend. I'm not quite 6' tall either - only 5'8" ^^;

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of a different sesshou - I was the one with the abnormally large fluffy.

icedragon622
02-02-2005, 07:18 AM
Playing which kinds of games? I wasn't in either gameroom all weekend. I'm not quite 6' tall either - only 5'8" ^^;

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of a different sesshou - I was the one with the abnormally large fluffy.

sorry for talking to you if it took time you need.

Iris13
02-04-2005, 07:56 PM
I loved alot of the costumes ^_^

The Clover people from the Masquarade - ...WHen I first saw your costumes, I was like 'Woah...that looks REALLY familiar.....hmmm...' *pause* 'OMFGBBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLOVER!!!!!!!! I LUFF YOUR COSTUMES!!!!!!!!!!! THEY SHOULD WIN!' *die* ^_____^
Bunta Kun! - Giant Hamsters! With BOWS! And CUTENESS! *hug*
Teh Sessy with the REALLY Fluffy thing - I loved your fluffy thing! Thanks for explaining that it wasn't REALLY his tail, just a fluffy thing (I always knew it ^_~)
The girl with the orange skin and cat outfit - No idea who this was, btu it was awesome
Paine whose cross broke - Best Paine of all! AND SHINY! ^_^
Ed with totally awesome mech arm - That was teh r0x0rs! O.O
Roy Mustang who hung out with the girl wit hthe parasol - ...that was good!

kyoki666
02-09-2005, 01:51 PM
:waaaah: sorry to get you yelld at for trying to help me find the guy i like
so ppl stop yelling at him

Lara
02-09-2005, 02:42 PM

*tears* I was having a craptacular day today until I started forum-surfing and saw this. Thank you so much! You really made my day. :heart: I was quite nervous about that costume so I'm glad it came out looking somewhat decent. I adore AllStarAlice's wings. She makes such a beautiful Dizzy.

Solid_psyco
02-14-2005, 03:11 PM
Ok, here were my favourites...yes, there are quite a few, but how could I ever just pick one?!

Naruto: Naruto, Narutard (the product of failed Cosplayer No Jutsu), Jiraiya (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0115k0041.jpg)
For one, this skit made me almost pee myself…too damned funny. Jiraiya ( http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=259766)’s wig was fantabulous…I’ve seen so many do it wrong…and finally, it was done right…and he made it!!! Guys who can craft ROCK! Narutard just cracked me up beyond all belief and has provided me with giggles until the next con. Naruto’s wig was also excellently styled as most don’t quite get the spikiness. Also, Narutard as Orochimaru was too damn scary for words…best one I have seen yet.

Rose of Versailles: Bernard, Marie Antoinette, Oscar Francois de Jarjeyes ( http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=259766)
The craftsmanship of these costumes were excellent and Lady Oscar, you were just too damned hot for your own good!

Hellsing: Seras Victoria (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0114f0028.jpg)
Ok, so I'm a Hellsing slut...I have a thing for girls with big guns, but she was one of the best Seras I've seen...and comes with all the accessories...my kind of gal!

Naruto: Haku (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=257173)
One of the best Haku I have seen. I’m so digging the needles (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=257175).

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Live Action: Zoisite, Nephrite, Jadeite ( http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=259581 [/URL)
Ok, I’m not a big Sailor Moon fan and I didn’t even know that had a live action, but I found out quickly when I found these three and later was impressed when looking at reference material how close their costumes were.

Naruto: Gaara (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=260506)
Girl Gaara rocked…her gourd was amazingly constructed.

Trigun: Wolfwood, Vash (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=256320)
I loved the girliefied Wolfwood and Vash. A friend had mentioned several times how she wanted to do them girl style.

Yu Gi Oh: Kiba (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0114b0022.jpg)
I apologize to this person because I am not familiar with the character (hey, I never said I knew everything), but the construction of this coat was amazing.
EDIT: Thanks NecromanticChii for telling me where this was from. Yeah, I obviously do NOT watch Yu Gi Oh.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Mute, Queen Remedy, Ritz (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0115g0022.jpg)
Another one I’m not familiar with, but your damned armour impressed me. I’m used to metal, PVC, and acrylic, but paper mache? Never even thought of making armour out of that…the painting job was fantabulous.
EDIT: Thanks Jaquii! Yeah, not a FF person either...so I claim ignorance!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Edward Elric (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0114c0035.jpg)
This gal was one of the better Edwards I saw. Her wig was definitely the best.

Read Or Die: The Paper (Yomiko Readman) (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0114d0084.jpg)
I was just so happy to see The Paper there and I loved the money sword!

"Loki-sama" (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=259808)
This girl’s horns were amazingly crafted. I’ve seen a lot of horns and these had great detail.
[I]EDIT: Loki-sama...there you are!

UNKNOWN (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0114c0096.jpg)
Ok, again, I apologize. I know it's a J-pop thing most likely, which I am completely unfamiliar, but I love people who do things in groups and the costumes were well constructed. Plus, I'm just a dork when it comes to big girlie dresses...

UNKNOWN (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0115b0087.jpg)
More apologies...with all the J-pop people, video gamers, and gothic-lolita girls running around...it's hard to tell anymore who is from what...but I really loved this uber girlie dress with black waist cincher and parasol. I'd like to take her to a Sunday picnic!

Kunai in Head (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0115f0141.jpg)
Ok, this just made me giggle…I love when people are creative!

Inuyasha: Rin (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0115f0160.jpg)
SQUEEEEE! This Rin was too darned cute…every time I heard her talk, I giggled because she was just so cute!!!

Final Fantasy X-2: Shuyin, Lenne, Rikku, Yuna (http://www.fansview.com/2005/ohayocon/0114d0039.jpg)
Ok, I'm not really familiar with all these video game things, but my friend cosplayed Paine, so I have a small clue. Kids who cosplay are just cute no matter what...it wasn't necessarily quality of costume that made me go SQUEE, but just that they were a group of kids all decked out...

Transformers (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=259487)
Maybe not the most durable or well crafted, but damn, anyone who can actually transform has got to get some credit…very creative! Loved the Transformer helper.

I am the Haku in the Pics! I was so happy someone actually replied about my outfit! Thank you so much you made me so HAPPY :razz: The costume took a month or two to find the right materials and everything, I even dyed my hair dark for the con! I'll be going to Acen with this outfit again and I'll also be Cagalli from Gundam Seed! Hope I'll see you their!
Later

NecromanticChii
02-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Kyoki666 what were your favorite cosplays that you had seen?

SeekingElegance
04-11-2006, 09:32 PM
XD Wow, I didn't know this thread still existed! Um...well... To bring it into 2k5...

I really liked:
The Best in Show Naruto and Jiraiya
Zoroko's Strelitzia costume
Knuxie-chan's Tron and Laharl costumes
Hemuloki-sama's Tetsu
Cardcaptor Will
The One Piece group with the Usopp and Nico Robin
The car Transformer on wheels
The Psycho Le Cemu white mascot thingie
That FFTactics group
The Rose of Versailles group
The-Real-Link's awesome Link =D
Dark Mousy from D.N.Angel
The Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
The Cowboy Bebop trio (Faye, Julia and Judy)
The girl with the shuriken through her head XD
The amazingly accurate Rinoa and Selphie (with the Strange Vision nunchaku)

Yay! I know it's been over a year but I never went onto the cosplay.com forums much. I was the Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. ^^ I'm so happy someone thought I was cool!

Uchiha Sakura
05-04-2006, 05:31 PM
my favorite costumes that i say would would have to be:

Cloud (Adventchildren)
Temari (Naruto)
LuLu (Final Fantasy X)
Yuna (FF X-2)

There are alot more that i liked i just can't think of them right now. Half of them i didn't know. Sorry these are from Ohayocon 06.