PDA

View Full Version : Sailor-Moon??

Spooky Brew
01-14-2003, 01:19 AM
I've been thinking really hard about doing a Sailor-Moon costume, since it was technically my first anime!! The problem is I really don't look like any of the scouts..? I was thinking about Helios, since I haven't seen many people do him...? What do you think? Should I do him or do see me as someone else?
*Check Gallery to see what I look like!*

Help is always appreciated!!!!!

Mink
01-14-2003, 01:29 AM
I think you look like sailor mars personally....but you can also try the guy from the sailor moon SS movie....I forget his name but his costume rocked!

Nadeshiko
01-14-2003, 01:33 AM
I love making cosplay suggestions! ^^

I've only seen one Helios in my entire life. This was at AX back in 2001. If you feel up to it, go for it.

Hm...I can see you as Sailor Jupiter, or Rubbeus. Come to think of it, I haven't seen anyone do any of the four Black Moon sisters, either.

I believe Peruru is his name from the SS movie, I think. It's been a while...

Spooky Brew
01-14-2003, 01:36 AM
I've seen a little Peruru!! I don't think I can do that though....

Alaria
01-14-2003, 01:52 AM
I think Rubeus would be great for u ^^ If u don't want to crossplay, then I'd say catsy or the 2nd oldest (with the yello?)

Spooky Brew
01-14-2003, 01:54 AM
Catsy is the purple...I forgot what the girl's name is in the yellow....
Rubeus, huh...? Maybe...

Aya Mikage
01-14-2003, 07:53 AM
^^ lets see, you can try Rubeus, but if you want to be a girl, mars.^^ hmm, what other ones would you be able to pull off with no problem (other than wigs) maybe jedite? hmmm... profeser tomoe, hmmmm.....neherenia is always a good one.^^ gotta love that dress

i did helios:D

http://www.itsumademo.net/_Misc/helios1.jpg

http://www.itsumademo.net/_Misc/111.jpg

Spooky Brew
01-14-2003, 02:12 PM
Changed your name did ya? Very cool Helios costume, Sailor-moon!! Oh, Aya...:D

Maybe Helios....I seriously don't know..!

Luna
01-14-2003, 02:13 PM
Hmmmm, you can try to make one of the Starlights costumes. Their stage ones are good. I am not sure how tall you are, but you can probably make great Seiya or Taiki, since your hair doesn't need much styling for it, just attach a ponytail! :-) Good luck in anything you try to make! :-)

Spooky Brew
01-14-2003, 10:50 PM
I feel so damn picky!!! But, no way I could do a starlight, just because I'm not very comfortable with my body! I could do the legs thing with the Sailor scouts....but really nothing less if that makes sense!

Mizuho
01-14-2003, 11:24 PM
The Starlights have their stage costumes-- you know, those suits that they wear when they perform!

Seiya wears red, Taiki wears yellow, and Yaten wears sky blue. ^^

I used to love the Sailor Starlights when I was younger. I used to be such an addicted Moonie. I swear, Seiya and Mamoru took up most of my dreams. :rofl:

Aya Mikage
01-15-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Mizuho
I swear, Seiya and Mamoru took up most of my dreams. :rofl:

lol, my saiya and mamo still do^^ :thumbsup:

Himemiya
01-15-2003, 12:06 PM
Why don't you pick a favorite senshi, grab a wig, and do a school uniform, or a neo-princess dress? ^_^

Spooky Brew
01-15-2003, 02:12 PM
Hmmm...this makes wish I can sew really well....
I'll start looking around for some idea when I get money and head down to Goodwill and stuff!!
School uniform would be darling...^^

I've got like 30 different costumes to make, and you know you're hooked on Cosplay is when you make a list, things you've done, what you're working on, you want to do, and the maybe's...I have so many that I want to do!! I really got to learn how to sew!!

Mandy Mitchell
01-18-2003, 02:43 AM
Sailor Moon cosplay is very popular. It doesn't matter whether you look like the character or not just as long as you get to cosplay your favorite character. My friend told me that I didn't look anything like Seiya Kou, but I still cosplayed Seiya's red concert suit anyways because I loved the Three Lights.
And as for wanting to do many costumes at once, it's the same with me. There are so many costumes that I want to do such as Sailor Mars. I've been pushing Mars off for a couple of years now. But the way how I do it is to focus on a few costumes at a time (mabye even just one). It'll be easier to concentrate on them and less stressful for you when it comes to finding the right fabrics and materials.

Nine
01-18-2003, 03:00 AM
I personally believe that you'd make a good Sailor Uranus! :D But, If you're going for a costume that isn't done much, you should definately go for Helios :)

ling_xiaoyu2002
01-20-2003, 12:00 AM
Ahhh...if I had to say which senshi you looked like I'd say Uranus.
But you could do a costume of anybody's....my I am going to do a eternal mercury and saturn when I get the chance....*looks in wallet* yep....low on funds...*weeps* ahh..well....

Spooky Brew
01-20-2003, 01:40 AM
I thought this thread died! Cool, ressurction!! I'd like to do Uranus...but then of course, I'd end up on one of those 'worst cosplay of the week' pages! I seriously suck!! But, I'm gonna try my hand at Helios! Thanks for suggestions everyone!!

TsukiGuujin
01-20-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Spooky Brew
I've been thinking really hard about doing a Sailor-Moon costume, since it was technically my first anime!! The problem is I really don't look like any of the scouts..? I was thinking about Helios, since I haven't seen many people do him...? What do you think? Should I do him or do see me as someone else?
*Check Gallery to see what I look like!*

Help is always appreciated!!!!!

You know, my cosplay group, Yume no Densetsu (http://www.angelfire.com/empire/yumenodensetsu) is planning SuperS villians and Helios (which I'm doing) for Anime Iowa 2003. It really is a shame that not too many people cosplay Helios. He's an amazing character.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Aya Mikage
01-20-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by TsukiGuujin
It really is a shame that not too many people cosplay Helios. He's an amazing character.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

:D and its a super comfy costume too!!!!! ::puts on her helios gettup:: oooh^^ hehe lol^o^ neh, spooky, give helios a try, ill help ya^_~.

Spooky Brew
01-20-2003, 06:34 PM
Aya's such a good friend! *huggles*
To bad that's going to be all over with when she tries to kidnap me at AX04!! :D :D :p

Aya Mikage
01-20-2003, 09:35 PM
nyahahhahaaaaaaa ::: plotes:::evil::kidnap::: plan::::devil:

Kellie
01-24-2003, 07:13 AM
Speaking of sailor moon cosplay, I was pondering making an eternal sailor jupiter cosplay for Otakon 2003. @_@ Now, the big question...is the skirt black and silver or black and white? I have like...no good pictures to work with.

sailor-moon
01-24-2003, 10:24 AM
the skirt is green and a lighter green under it^^ here is a jupiter i did in 2 hrs, the color is good, just not the quality^.^; (i did it in 2 hrs!!give me a break!) :thumbsup:

http://www.itsumademo.net/_Misc/1mejup.jpg

Mink
01-24-2003, 02:37 PM
Geeze two hours?! *give mad props to the moonie*

Sigh....someday I will do Sailor Mercury....alas it was Sailor Moon that got me into anime, I feel like I should pay homage.....plus wearing that outfit would be SO much fun.....*thinks she might get to do it at AniMagic.....if shes lucky!*

sailor-moon
01-24-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Mink
Geeze two hours?! *give mad props to the moonie*

Sigh....someday I will do Sailor Mercury....alas it was Sailor Moon that got me into anime, I feel like I should pay homage.....plus wearing that outfit would be SO much fun.....*thinks she might get to do it at AniMagic.....if shes lucky!*
^.^; i did all 4 inners, 2 hrs each :D hehe

yea, SM got me into anime, and thats why i guess i choose to always cosplay as her

Spooky Brew
01-26-2003, 02:44 PM
SM got me into anime as well! I finally need to do a good SM costume, and Helios isn't cosplayed as often! So, I hope I do a good job! Hopefully, I'll get him done for Comic-Con this year! *I'm trying to go as all white-haired characters*

Kellie
02-04-2003, 11:31 PM
^^ Ya know...I just noticed I put Sailor jupiter when I meant Pluto. I'm a dolt. ^^; I was probably at work when I posted it. Yeeah..sneaky kellie..*shifty eyes*

schalke
02-05-2003, 05:24 AM
i've seen your gallery....ummmm.... you know what i think Helios and Uranus suits you... that two looks great on you coz u are short haired....

goodluck on you costume!!!! :bouncer:

nyamiko_chan
02-05-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Mizuho

I used to love the Sailor Starlights when I was younger. I used to be such an addicted Moonie. I swear, Seiya and Mamoru took up most of my dreams. :rofl:

Don't feel so addicted Mizuho..lol..i'm steal bishie glomping Mamoru!! ^.~!! ah..and Helios....the english voice...gotta love it *sigh* now i'd have to glomp a good cosplay one of him!

Tamoko
02-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Mars or Jupiee.. maybe seiya.. But do who you like the most. :) you look like Seiya thou'.. ^_^

Spooky Brew
02-09-2003, 05:29 PM
I'm gonna try a Sailor Moon/Usagi just bevause I envy Sailor-Moon and I'm a freaking klutz!!
I would do Seiya, the only problem is I haven't seen Sailor-stars yet, and I think that would be kinda dumb (for me at least) to cosplay someone I hardly know anything about! So, I'm gonna try to get Usagi's school uniform done and then Helios!
Thanks for all the suggestion guys!!
You really helped me out!

Xx Lulu xX
02-09-2003, 07:37 PM
Ahaha...I still remember how Sailor Moon Got me Into Anime.....it was early in the morning, channel 11, the episode "No thanks Nurse Venus" ahah...i remember thinking, what the..?? So later that day when i got home from school, i looked it up online, and i was BLOWN away....ahah i practically memorized everything about the series in like a week~! Anywho, I complained and complained to EVERYONE that i knew, and got them into Anime too.....I was so happy when they released S and SuperS finally.....now all i have to do is wait for stars (never gunna happen >.<) So hopefully at a con this year, i can find a set, or somethign.......but for my cosplay, i'm doing my Favorite senshi, Sailor Neptune, i'm into her cuz we're both mellow...and i want a fuku already XD

Tamoko
02-09-2003, 09:39 PM
I have stars.. im just missing.. like 10 middle ep. o.o;; i have an extra set... if anyone wants them. and i can copy some too! ( http://www.geocities.com/kiyko3/Subbed )