PDA

View Full Version : Prop Policy?

Faint
05-17-2005, 03:59 AM
Sorry if this has been posted before, this is my second post here :hafha:

Does anyone know the policy for lets say, fake guns. im intimidated even to go to the security booth to have them check it out.

I'm confident i can pull off the costume without it, but im afraid of check minus :heart:

ArimaSoichiro
05-18-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm sure I said this before, replying to the same topic: "I think I can help a little with that problem. You can say the regular rules like no 'real' firearms and 'sharpened' objects. I'm thinking you can have metal items just make sure they're blunted. I carried around a giant wooden Fuuma Shriuken about the size of half my body, but no security seemed to mind, after all it was blunted, no sharp edges. Don't throw your props or you can say good bye to your admission to Comic-con. But I hope no one is that stupid to do so. And if your item is too sharp to yours or any administrators tastes just 'peace-bond' it according to the things I've heard."

Just think about Anime Expo's rules and that's pretty much the same as Comic-con. And about the fear of getting you gun peacebonded, they're really not all that bad, may be a bit suspicious of you, but they're alright. If desperate, call for me and I'll go with you ^^ I don't mind asking the people. But really, the only thing that scared me about carrying the Fumma Shriuken was when I was walking to the Con. A REAL police officer stopped me and said it with so much authority, that Itachi would cower. But she was so nice to me saying, "You should smile more, it makes you look cute." That really made me day. So don't worry so much. As long as your props are 'people-safe' its okay.

Faint
05-18-2005, 08:11 PM
after checking out some of the photos from the older comicons im slightly more confidant. :heart: thanks for your encouragement hehe