PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 1 or 2 more....

Mistress_Aine
05-22-2005, 12:58 AM
Note: This Room is Full!!!

Those who are staying in this room will receive a P.M. in the next two weeks with final prices and all additional information.

This room has:
Mistress_Aine
Tess
ACXchan
Jonny Starwind
Hikaruchan
Lycoris
Spooky Electric

I am sorry for those who were waiting to get into this room. If there is a cancellation, I will P.M. you and let you know. Thank you very much. Happy Otakon everyone!

Tess
05-22-2005, 11:18 PM
I am the Tess that Aine-chan spoke of. ^__^ We're very friendly, respectful cosplayers, and would love a few more roommates. Just introducing myself.

@-->--- Tess

JonnyStarwind
05-27-2005, 06:28 PM
I'm willing to dish out the cash .

Tess
05-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Yaaay, it's Inu-chan! *glomp*

@-->--- Tess

Mistress_Aine
05-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Well if she is okay with it, then I am. :) Awesome. How long are you staying? :)

JonnyStarwind
05-31-2005, 02:24 PM
Yaaay, it's Inu-chan! *glomp*

@-->--- Tess

I appreciate the glomp, Tess. *waits for Tess to turn her back on him* SUPER-GLOMP!

Well if she is okay with it, then I am. Awesome. How long are you staying?

Well, if all goes well with my bosses, the entire weekend.
I should have 4 costumes by then.
Inuyasha, Robin from Teen Titans, Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon, and my custom FMA char.
It will be most shibby-delic. :bigtu:

Ayvina
06-06-2005, 01:12 PM
*hums* I'm just one of the others that's rooming with Aine and Tess ^^; *waves*

Was curious to see who might join us ^^

Tess
06-06-2005, 03:45 PM
I should have 4 costumes by then.
Inuyasha, Robin from Teen Titans, Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon, and my custom FMA char.
Ooh, what day are you going to wear your Inu-Yasha? Aine and I are doing IY cosplay [Kagura and Kikyou, respectively] on Saturday. We could walk around as a group, if you'd want to. Whee.

It's good to hear from you, Ayvina! ^__^ Yup, it looks like we have one new roommate, at least... We met JonnyStarwind at the DC Cherry Blossom Festival gathering. He's a fun guy. ^__^ Are you still going to be staffing at Otakon?

@-->--- Tess

Ayvina
06-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Still planning to, which means if I work enough hours, we all save a little bit of money each day. ^^

And JonnyStarwind seems fun ^^ I think we are going to have a great group of roomies ^^ I can't wait Otakon ^^ I just hope I get all my new ideas for costumes done in time. I think I am going crazy. I'm attempting to cosplay Freya from Chobits and Nuriko from Fushigi Yuugi, and then I am trying to pick a character from Inuyasha to cosplay. But I just don't know who ^^;; I want to find a character that isn't seen that often, but that wears clothes *chuckles* Cause I noticed Yura isn't cosplayed a whole lot, but her lack of cloth coverage causes me to shy away from her ^^;;

Whee for rambling ^^

Ayvina
06-06-2005, 10:04 PM
Ooo ^^ *picked her character to cosplay from Inuyasha* I am going as Tsubaki *grins*

Tess
06-06-2005, 11:58 PM
Oh, awesome! ^___^ That's too cool... We must take pictures together, as we'd be cosplaying three of the ebil female characters from Inu-Yasha! Kikyou, Kagura, and Tsubaki, whee. Maybe we can get a shot of us ganging up on JonnyStarwind's IY, LOL.

And I posted this in the Otakon Pre-Reg thread, but not sure if you'll see it there... I'm cosplaying as Momiji from Furuba for pre-reg, and I'd love it if you brought your Tohru along. We could stand in line together and be a mini Furuba group, LOL. ^__^ Anyway, yus. Thought I would try to persuade you.

And I hadn't realized that you might get a discount for working at Otakon, so that's terrific to hear. Cheaper is better. ^__^ Still willing to accept one more roommate, if anyone comes along that's interested. Six is a pretty good number. Any more and I'd be afraid that props would get smashed. >__<;

I will have to direct ACXchan [our other roomie] to this thread, since it's turned into the official roommate bonding thread, hahahah.

@-->--- Tess

Memoru
06-07-2005, 01:51 AM
Oo, Oo, may i um...be a roomie too!! :x This is my second time at otakon~!! And i'm also trying to make new friends. ^^ So may i, please? I'm well behaved and i don't take up too much space and i'm quiet! ^^ I would really appreciate it as my 'friends' pretty much ditched me at the last min. ^^;;

Oh i am bringing a costume if i finish it in time. >_< gomen! And I am a girl. :x

oops, i forgot to say, you can IM me at my MSN or AIM screenname if you can't reach me. i'm always on them. :D

Tess
06-07-2005, 04:03 AM
Hi Memoru. ^__^ Aine-chan [the other person in charge of our room] is on vacation at the moment, so I'll have to wait until she gets back. We'll talk about it then. I think we were hoping for a more active cosplay.com member, but we'll chat about it.

How long would you be staying? We're staying Thursday afternoon through Monday morning, so the length of your stay would determine how much you'd have to pay. Oh, and who might you cosplay as? Just curious. ^__^

@-->--- Tess

Hikaruchan
06-07-2005, 06:44 AM
I am looking for space, too. At first I didn't think I could make it to Otakon - but now with me quitting my job don't have huge hassle of trying to get all sorts of time off (next year I prob won't be able to go much of anywhere with new job). I would be bringing InuPapa, Naraku, maybe Izayoi if finished, and some 12 Kingdoms stuff.

Ayvina
06-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Tess: Hehe I might bring Tohru, I am sure it would be loads of fun ^^ Ooo and I could ask my friend to make a Momiji bunny plushie along with the Tsubaki Snake she's helping me with ^^And definately will have to take pictures when we are all in our IY costumes ^^ Ooo the evilness we shall be ^^

Memoru and HikaruChan: Hi there, you two ^^ Hope we get a chance to talk ^^ *hums* And Hikaru, I totally must get a picture of you as Naraku. Which Naraku are you cosplaying? *thinks there is 3 or 4 ways to go with Naraku* hehe ^^;;

Hikaruchan
06-07-2005, 09:57 AM
And Hikaru, I totally must get a picture of you as Naraku. Which Naraku are you cosplaying? *thinks there is 3 or 4 ways to go with Naraku* hehe ^^;;

Most likely I will be wearing Naraku like in http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=343058 as I get too hot when wearing it all like at http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=245995 (that was in December and I got hot, plus the pelt is kinda tacky & ghetto)

JonnyStarwind
06-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Ooh, what day are you going to wear your Inu-Yasha? Aine and I are doing IY cosplay [Kagura and Kikyou, respectively] on Saturday. We could walk around as a group, if you'd want to. Whee.

It's good to hear from you, Ayvina! ^__^ Yup, it looks like we have one new roommate, at least... We met JonnyStarwind at the DC Cherry Blossom Festival gathering. He's a fun guy. ^__^ Are you still going to be staffing at Otakon?

@-->--- Tess

Sure, Saturday sounds like a cool day. Just let me find out when the Inuyasha group is meeting.

Memoru
06-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Hi Memoru. ^__^ Aine-chan [the other person in charge of our room] is on vacation at the moment, so I'll have to wait until she gets back. We'll talk about it then. I think we were hoping for a more active cosplay.com member, but we'll chat about it.

How long would you be staying? We're staying Thursday afternoon through Monday morning, so the length of your stay would determine how much you'd have to pay. Oh, and who might you cosplay as? Just curious. ^__^

@-->--- Tess

^^ I've been on Cosplay.com for about 2 years now and have some pics up here by the Eurobeat King, but i've never been a forum person. Never had anything to talk about. :x And i made a new name only because i forgot my old alias. xD And this is my alias as of a year or so. I came to the forums the other day so i could see if any of the friends i know are coming, but i haven't seen anything by them yet. T_T And my other friends have bailed out on Otakon, leaving me with no place to stay. xD ^^;; I'll be happy to hear from you on whatever answer you give me. ^^ Thanks! <3

Anyhow, i could be there by Thursday afternoon/evening, but i would leave by Sunday afternoon/evening. I would be cosplaying as Souffle from Star Ocean 3 and i'm thinking about doing Flonne from Disgaea. ^^

Ayvina
06-07-2005, 11:19 PM
^^ I've been on Cosplay.com for about 2 years now and have some pics up here by the Eurobeat King, but i've never been a forum person. Never had anything to talk about. :x And i made a new name only because i forgot my old alias. xD And this is my alias as of a year or so. I came to the forums the other day so i could see if any of the friends i know are coming, but i haven't seen anything by them yet. T_T And my other friends have bailed out on Otakon, leaving me with no place to stay. xD ^^;; I'll be happy to hear from you on whatever answer you give me. ^^ Thanks! <3

Anyhow, i could be there by Thursday afternoon/evening, but i would leave by Sunday afternoon/evening. I would be cosplaying as Souffle from Star Ocean 3 and i'm thinking about doing Flonne from Disgaea. ^^

Yay ^^ Flonne ^^ *dances happily* You'd be staying about the same time as me. I just may end up there a little earlier because I have Volunteer Orientation. ^^ But you sound like a fun person ^^

Memoru
06-08-2005, 01:27 AM
:D Thanks! ^^ tee-hee!

Tess
06-08-2005, 01:44 AM
Hi Hikaruchan. ^__^ Like I told Memoru, I'll have to wait until Aine comes back from vacation so we can discuss things. I wish hotel rooms were bigger, as I'd love to give you both a place to stay. *sigh* But seven people sounds like a bit much for a little Holiday Inn hotel room. >__<; Especially with all of the props and costumes we'll be housing. [Between the five of us already rooming, we have at least... *thinks* ...25 costumes.] Hah, all of our baggage will take up more room than we will. ^^;

I guess that I should warn you that you'll most likely have to sleep on the floor... Aine and I are taking one of the beds, and I feel it only proper to give the other to Ayvina and ACXchan, since they've been confirmed for our room for months now. So yus, fair warning, LOL. ^___^

Oh, and big question -- Is ANYONE [other than Aine and I] interested in staying Sunday night? Because, to be honest, we'd be more likely to give you a room if you were. *laughs* So far it's only the two of us, and we'd both really like to avoid paying so much. ^^;

@-->--- Tess

Hikaruchan
06-08-2005, 05:13 AM
If I find a place to stay, I was planning on coming in Thursday and leaving Monday morning. Floor is okay with me, done it before.

Ayvina
06-08-2005, 11:21 AM
*thinks* Just to warn you, I may stay till Monday, just because if I left sunday night, all the buses back home would not be running and so I'd end up sitting there for hours on end ^^;;

So if you want, you can just tell me the price for that, and I'll just pay that much, no matter what I actually decide on. Oh and just so you know, if I work enough hours, I save 40 dollars each night on the hotel room. So if Aine wants to keep that in mind, cause I more than likely will work that many hours ^^

Tess
06-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Oh, awesome. ^__^ Yeah, we were hoping others would be interested in staying Sunday night, too. It's a lower rate -- $159/night, I do believe -- but still, splitting that between just the two of us would have been a headache. ^^; That said, if we do have four of us staying Sunday night, prices for the weekend would be approximately...

$110 for 3 nights.
$150 for 4 nights.

Again, those prices aren't totally set in stone, as I'm not sure if Becca gave me prices that include the inevitable extra service fees and whatnot. This is based around a 6-person room for the three nights, and then just the 4 of us for four nights.

Have tried calling Aine-chan, but her cell's service must not extend to SC... or something. She'll be excited that we've finally gotten replies to this topic, LOL.

@-->--- Tess

Ayvina
06-09-2005, 09:21 PM
*chuckles* I am glad people have been interested in joining all of us. We are going to be having some crazy fun when we all finally get together. ^^

Oh, and question, You and Aine are coming in Thursday, right? And leaving Monday?

Tess
06-10-2005, 01:52 AM
*nids* I'm not sure when we'll get there on Thursday, but hopefully by noon. I'd love to have a little bit of time to kill, so everyone can [hopefully, LOL] meet up and we can all find our room. I think pre-reg started around 4PM or 5PM last year, but that could be a tad off the mark. It was late afternoon, at any rate. And God, it was hot. >__<; I've been trying to convince myself to do Momiji's summer uniform, but I much, much prefer the winter uniform design. Decisions, decisions. If we all get in line early enough, we might get a spot under the BBC's front entryway, which is relatively cool.

Hah, I'm getting ahead of myself. Just too excited for Otakon. It's SO the highlight of my entire year. ^__^ And I can already tell that we'll be a crazy bunch, hahah.

@-->--- Tess

JonnyStarwind
06-10-2005, 02:01 AM
I just can't wait to go.
Richard Cox, voice of Inuyasha, and Vic Mignogna, voice of Ed Elric, are gonna be there!!
YEAH!!!
Do the happy dance
:jjacks: :dance: :jjacks: :dance: :bigtu: :jjacks: :dance: :jjacks: :dance:

Memoru
06-10-2005, 04:33 PM
i've decided that i'm not going to otakon. PSP won out. xD so i guess that means thay Hikaru-chan can get the room! :D no decision neccessary. ^^ Have fun minna!!

Ayvina
06-10-2005, 07:23 PM
I am sorry to say I must cancel on the room. I have come up to some hard times (Family death and family debt) so I no longer have the money to go to Otakon at all. I guess I will try next year. Take care all! Sorry again. I was really looking forward to meet you all and cosplay Tohru with Tess ;.;

Bye bye for now ;.;

Tess
06-11-2005, 12:07 AM
Um, WTF? x_x;

@-->--- Tess

Ayvina
06-11-2005, 12:34 AM
Mew ;.; My grandfather died...and kinda left his debts to the whole family. So now we all have to chip in to cover it. So all my money for the next 2 months goes to that. I am very sorry...I REALLY wanted to go...but there is nothing I can do. I can only make so much working at Target...

I wish I could go room with you, but without money to get me from Denver to Baltimore...there really isn't a way. =/

Gomen *bows*

Mistress_Aine
06-12-2005, 11:24 PM
Sorry that your grandfather died. Hope that works out.

Tess was incorrect . We do not have the lower rate and the prices that were in my first post are correct.

3 Nights: $126
4 Nights: $180

Right we have confirmed:
Myself
Tess
ACXchan
Johnny Starwind

Hikaruchan we would love to have you. Just pm me with any questions you have. We would love to have other people stay with us til monday. ANyone need anything let me know. :)

Tess
06-13-2005, 12:49 AM
Aine, I was updating the prices to reflect the change in our roommate situation. I know we don't have the lower rate.

@-->--- Tess

Mistress_Aine
06-13-2005, 10:37 AM
I see. Well they were an estimate with five people. If things change so will the prices. :)

Mistress_Aine
06-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Just a note we are still looking to add people to our room we are going to take as many as we can get.. So if anyone is interested please p.m. me.

Right now we have:
Myself
Tess
ACXchan
Johnny Starwind
Hikaruchan

We would like a few more people. Thank you. :)

mohee311
06-21-2005, 07:57 PM
OMG please!! I would be so happy if I could room with you all!! I am a girl but Im bring along my boyfriend for this con...its his first!! ^_^ His realy nice and not a womenizer in any way..Im a bit of a crazy fan^_^ in a good way and we are going as miroku and sango!! would you gals be interested in us! Im sure wed have a blast!!^_^

Mistress_Aine
06-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Well, hello mohee311. I will run it by Tess and then let you know. :) We are doing costumes from Inuyasha as well. :)

JonnyStarwind
06-30-2005, 12:23 PM
Gotham, who I went to AMA05 with, is pondering the idea.

Mistress_Aine
06-30-2005, 11:58 PM
We'll have to see cause right now we have 6 and a posible 7th. But we will see what happens. :)

Tess
07-01-2005, 04:26 PM
I think we should leave it as it... Definitely 6 people, with the possibility of a 7th roommate [SpookyElectric is still not sure if he can come]. Beyond that, I honestly don't know if we'll be able to fit everyone and their props/costumes into the room. ^^; I know Aine-chan and I have quite a few large props we'll be bringing, and I have a pair of wings that will be HIGHLY smushable. We can be sleeping 5 to a bed for all I care, but I will flip out if any costume pieces get battered. So, in the end, I believe it would be best to go with our 6-7 people. In which case, we have everyone we need. ^____^

@-->--- Tess

JonnyStarwind
07-02-2005, 09:37 AM
I just got a PM from Gotham.
She asked if there still some space, could she join in?

Mistress_Aine
07-02-2005, 04:23 PM
We still havent heard from the seventh person yet, but we will keep you informed.

Mistress_Aine
07-06-2005, 11:16 PM
I am sorry but we don't have any more room. The seventh person did get back to me. If there are any changes we will let you know but as of right now its full. I will send a pm out with all the information needed in a couple weeks. Can't wait to see everyone. :)

Tess
07-07-2005, 02:31 AM
XD YAY WE'RE FULL!

@-->--- Tess

JonnyStarwind
07-08-2005, 05:20 PM
So who are all of the roommates?

Mistress_Aine
07-08-2005, 05:37 PM
This room has:
Mistress_Aine
Tess