PDA

View Full Version : Beatix

marsie
01-15-2003, 10:17 AM
I absolutly love Beatix from FFIX. Can anyone give me an idea on what materials they used? If they used a pattern?

I am going out to get stuff today for my Yuna costume. I'd like to get some stuff for Beatix as well.

Celine
01-15-2003, 02:47 PM
Which part of the costume do you need help with? The bodice/jacket? The guantlets? The eyepatch? ^^

marsie
01-15-2003, 04:45 PM
Well the bodice and jacket mostly. I have a pretty good idea on how I am going to do the gauntlets and the eyepatch.

Basically any help that you can give is great!

arisuchan
01-15-2003, 05:29 PM
depending on how you're going to do the rose symbol on the back of the jacket will really effect it. If you're planning to paint it, be careful that you get a fabric that is paint friendly.

twentystitches
01-15-2003, 07:05 PM
Yay! Another Beatrix cosplayer!

I'm currently making her costume, a bit of a struggle because I'm not that good at sewing but...for her jacket I'm using..

McCall's 2156

But I have to alter it alot around the top so it looks right. ^^;; It give you the basic shape.

I'm making her gauntlets out of cloth and some old gloves, using my own makeshift pattern. Just basically cutting out the general shapes and tinkering with them till they look right.

For the Rose I found a rose stencil online that closely matched the one of her back. I'm using that as a pattern and I'm gonna stick sew that on as some red cloth.

^^;; Haha..I'm not much of a help. Sorry.

marsie
01-20-2003, 07:23 PM
actually you were a lot of help. I know that I have seen a lot of duter patterns and that is what I was planning on using as a pattern, then altering it to fit.

Do you know where you found that Rose Pattern?
I was planning on using something similar.

Believe me any help is great help!

kelldar
01-21-2003, 06:58 AM
When I did Beatrix, I got the pic of her back from the FF9 artbook, blew it up really really big in photoshop, printed it, then transferred that to the back of the jacket. Once I had that on there I just painted in the lines.
That was the only part of my costume I like ^^;

marsie
01-21-2003, 08:53 PM
Did you use a pattern? I really like the back of your jacket, it looks really good.

Not many really good pictures that shows her from all angles.

Any suggestions on where to find a good one?

twentystitches
01-22-2003, 03:40 PM
Oh well I'm glad to help. I got the rose stencil thing off of google. Just did a search on "Rose stencils" and picked out the image I liked best.

X.x;; Finding pictures has been very challenging. I've only seen about six or seven good ones, and all the others have been the same as the first few I saw.