PDA

View Full Version : Yay! I finished my wig! (come take a look-see!)

Oshidori
01-15-2003, 07:32 PM
Excuse my blatant call for attention :p, but I always get hyper when one of my experiments actually turns out awright! I'm working on Herb from the Ranma manga, and if you've seen a pic of him, his hair is crazy cool, and i had to figure out how to do that. After doing a bit of research, I found a place here in NYC that sold dye for synthetic fibres, and it worked on the wig! I also bought some extra hair and dyed it to match and attached it to the wig for the bangs and stuff. It came out really well! I took pics of the entire process, so once my costume is done (or my fiancee finally uploads the pics) I'll set up a tutorial on how to dye a wig with synthetic hair. Well, here's the results (crappy webcam pics, sorry!), tell me what you think!

PS. is this the right forum for this? I'm still a little unsure on whats exactly a suitable topic is for where, if it isn't sorry! I won't do it again :devil:

http://images.cosplay.com/data/500/848Picture_003.jpg

Don't mind the half-doneness, i still have to pailette/dragon scale a lot of the 'armor'

http://images.cosplay.com/data/500/848Herb-Full-Color2.jpg

Herb's pic in case you don't know who the heck he is ^_^

MargauxZ
01-16-2003, 07:17 AM
*Big smile*

KnuxieChan
01-18-2003, 01:27 PM
That's pretty good! *thumbs up*^^

Vinya
01-18-2003, 02:22 PM
Woow! Great! Go you! Synthetic fibres? Isn't that difficult?

videogirlc
01-18-2003, 04:46 PM
Looks great looking foward to seeing the finished costume.

Tenshi
01-18-2003, 07:52 PM
Good job! I'm looking forward to reading your tutorial ^_^.

Oshidori
01-19-2003, 11:55 PM
oh! I hadn't realized that more people replied! Thanks for the compliments guys! And actually, dyeing synthetics isn't as hard as you'd think. My tutorial is up already in the General Costume Help section, under 'How To Dye Synthetic Wigs, Faux Fur, etc' I tried to make it as thorough as possible. Check it out! :)

Ranma Saotome
02-01-2003, 02:41 AM
*thumbs up*

You are gonna so rock as Herb! You better enter in the Masquerade as a walk on! :D