PDA

View Full Version : super-hero cosplay

Pages : [1] 2

miko-sama
01-15-2003, 08:03 PM
hey, i hate to sound stupid but are there any people who cospaly as super heros ? I want to start but i want to know if anyone else here does?

Nietsche
01-15-2003, 08:08 PM
superheroes as in Marvel and DC?

hmm..there was an X-men goup at katsu once...
and then I remember hearingof a Batman Beyond cosplay group...

Personally I want to make a Young Justice group some time...just need some other likeminded individuals...(I want to masquerade as Impulse)

kelldar
01-15-2003, 08:47 PM
I went as Shadowcat from X-Men/Excalibur to Dragoncon last year. I'd like to do another X-Men costume but I can't decide what... and it's been a longtime since I've read the comics, so I guess it's silly for me to do another ><;

jade_dragon
01-15-2003, 09:19 PM
im going with a group as the xmen to 2003 comic con and am planning on making my own canadian version of supergirl so yah i cosplay superheros

Hikaruchan
01-15-2003, 09:31 PM
Ice of the Justice League, Shrinking Violet of Legion of Super-Heroes and Raven of the Titans are all on my to-do list. Grandis that posts here has done Starfire of the Titans among others.

soshi
01-15-2003, 09:58 PM
I plan to do Rogue's green and yellow body suit with Cyke's jacket.. sometime. x_X;

A J
01-15-2003, 10:11 PM
I did a Batman Beyond cosplay... bad guy tho... does that count as super hero? :)

Definitely have an x-men costume planned for comic con... maybe psylocke....

*Shiva*
01-15-2003, 10:18 PM
I've never done it, but I've always thought the Legion of Super Heroes was very cool. Lots of different costumes too. Lighting Lad was a big favorite of mine. :love:

peaseblossom
01-15-2003, 11:28 PM
I am going to DragonCon03 as Jenny Sparks from the Authority. ^_^ ZAP!

miko-sama
01-16-2003, 12:24 AM
i'm planning on a nightwing costume. Titans kick ass

i really want to make a green lantern( kyle kantern) costume. also a superman(i dont care what anyone says he STILL kicks ass), bat man , scarlett-spider and spider-man(black costume).

BlueLady
01-16-2003, 12:26 AM
I'm going as arwyn from sojourn to comic con...not quite a super hero but close..
I was catwoman a number of years ago

miko-sama
01-16-2003, 12:27 AM
i'D LOVE TO DO A YOUNG JUSTICE TEAM TOO. robin kicks ass.

Spooky Brew
01-16-2003, 12:28 AM
I was a Catwomam too! She was fav. growing up!! I don't know...not for right now, but if I think of one, it's going on my to do list!!

miko-sama
01-16-2003, 12:58 AM
catwoman kicks ass.
well anything to do with bat man kicks ass

Dark Vision
01-16-2003, 01:33 AM
Does a power ranger count?
Otherwise I've done a super man once in my life.

arisuchan
01-16-2003, 09:47 AM
I've always wanted to make a Rahne Sinclair aka Wolfsbane from the New Mutants costume (I say this like anyone will know who she is *^^*) She was always my favorite Marvel character and my first online namesake. Besides she scottish, it doesn't get better than that!

Nietsche
01-16-2003, 10:22 AM
Sure I know, Arisu!
It's kinda hard to remember every mutant that has appeared in Marvel comics but Wolfbane has a distinctness to her that makes her memorable!

arisuchan
01-16-2003, 03:43 PM
that makes me so happy that someone actually knows who Rahne is!! Marvel has hardly given her the attention she deserves!

kelldar
01-16-2003, 03:45 PM
First comic I ever read was a New Mutants focused on her :D That's where it all started for me oO;

arisuchan
01-16-2003, 06:05 PM
New Mutants was my first Marvel comic that I fell in love with. I just loved all of the characters. I was such a marvel addict before I knew about anime. I've given up on it since they stopped Excaliber, that was the last title of theirs I read religiously.

kelldar
01-16-2003, 07:36 PM
same here ! I went from comics to anime. I stopped buying them after Onslaught, but I still read them occasionally at my cousins' house.
Anyway; that would be so freaking cool if you did Wolfsbane. I hope you do one day! :D

miko-sama
01-16-2003, 11:14 PM
wolfsbane is awesome , when they moved her to excalaber it sortta went downhill, but hell at least she has her own heroclix

jade_dragon
01-17-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by A J

Definitely have an x-men costume planned for comic con... maybe psylocke....

hey we need a psylocke for our xmen group her and jubile are the only ones missing you can meet up with us for pics if you want :D

makio
01-18-2003, 01:05 AM
I know it's too soon to ask a group theme for Megacon, but maybe for San Diego Comic Con, it'd be cool to gather up with everyone and possibly go in somekind of superhero costume theme. Maybe Marvel's GenerationX, DC's Justice League or even possibly Gen13?

A J
01-18-2003, 01:10 AM
Hey jade_dragon,

That would be perfect! I'm thinking of doing Psylocke Crimson Tide version, not the traditional one. =)

kelldar
01-18-2003, 08:11 AM
If I were going to comic con, I'd totally make one of the original GenX uniforms.
Ah, we should get some kind of x-based group together for anybody going to dragoncon!

Basic Beecicchi
01-18-2003, 11:37 AM
Now here's something that might throw you off balance......

Are ya gals gonna take on the old comic book-style spandex versions, or the "let's change our suits so we don't look so gay anymore" movie versions?

* = Proposed outlook for choosing jumpsuits over spandex based on Hollywood's perceptions.......you can blame the rest of the media for accepting them.

Believe, you gals just sparked me to do a ton of spandex-clad versions of X-Men. Even Havok. :D

jade_dragon
01-18-2003, 01:03 PM
most of my xmen group is doing mix and match of diffrent xmen styles like the cover of xmen dimension video game were trying to get as far away from yellow spandex as possible lol .some of us are doing the movie with the extreme mix ,some of us are doing the causal uniform look etc etc

Cyclops-taken
Jean Grey/Phoenix -taken
Storm -taken
Mystique -taken
Beast -taken
Wolverine -taken
Magneto-taken i think
Polaris -taken
Dark Phoenix-taken (i think
Rogue -ME ^_^
Gambit -taken
Nightcrawler - taken

were disscusing the xmen group over at http://www.raiderquest.com/phpBB2/index.php if anyone wishes to join that would be great the more the merrier

Nietsche
01-18-2003, 01:22 PM
hmm...could do with seeing Pyro..or the Blob...or Juggernaut...or maybe even Sunfire or Silver Samurai...eheheh....
Hey..now how about Spiral for a challenging cosplay?

A J
01-18-2003, 01:50 PM
You know, I have actually thought about doing Spiral! I was wondering if I could raid some dept store and steal some extra arms from their mannqeuins! LOL.

Can you imagine what transporting her costume would be like... suitcase full of arms and katanas.... uh yeah Mr. Security Officer, it's ok really...

ROFL. :)

Nietsche
01-18-2003, 03:00 PM
Oooh..yeah AJ you should do Spiral! haha...stopped at security for possessing arms....

NeshaChan
01-18-2003, 04:27 PM
I dressed up as She-Ra when I was a kid...does that count? :)

makio
01-18-2003, 10:43 PM
Actually...Dragoncon would be a bit easier on me to attend since it's closer; so Kell - if you want to do a GenX theme, I'm game! It'd be my first time attending that convention, though I've been to Atlanta before.

kelldar
01-18-2003, 11:31 PM
Cool!! :D I know my friends'll be up for it, too. This'll be fun!

makio
01-19-2003, 04:05 PM
I'd have to probably shave my head for it, but I could go as Everett/Synch and I know I could easily convince a friend to go as Jono/Chamber. Now if we could snag a Monet, Paige, or Jubilee...
:D

kelldar
01-21-2003, 04:32 PM
I can be Paige, she was one of my favs ^^

Hikaruchan
01-21-2003, 05:35 PM
I like Jubilee, but don't think I could pull her off.

makio
01-21-2003, 08:45 PM
Bah, go for it. :)

Besides, I'm having enough of a time as is finding a pattern/buying a red bodysuit... Any suggestions? LoL... They aren't selling the DareDevil costume on ebay yet!

Radical Urd
01-22-2003, 05:47 PM
WAHHHHH YOUNG JUSTICE!!!!!!!!! I'm doing The Kid!!!! HES SO COOL!!!!! Plus Catwoman was my idol as a kid so i'm going to make one of her outfits.

LLC
01-27-2003, 09:46 PM
Yes, I am part of Lady Dragon's X-men group (working on it).

Projects completed from comic book characters includes
Aphrodite IX, Jade (the vapire-sorceress) and working on a LAdy Death battle outfit.

I helped a friend to complete the basic Purgatori look, working on the Egytian look, a Mystique comic book look (though we might attempt the movie look also), Chastity (the Rocked look).

makio
01-28-2003, 04:55 AM
Wow. Either Mystique would look cool though. Not sure if I've seen a fan make a costume of her before. Good luck on it! :)

And still no luck on the red bodysuit here...! LoL!

katchoo
01-28-2003, 11:23 AM
I'm going to do Harley Quinn for Comic con!! I can't wait to cosplay her, because I can be as bouncy as I want!!! And you have to love the way the suit hugs those curves...which I have. hehe

I'll be looking for my Mr. J.....

Nietsche
01-28-2003, 11:31 AM
So anyone actually want to do a Young Justice group?
I am not recruiting just yet since I dunno if i can attend any Comic conventions....and running around as Impulse seems like a good laugh!

KaosEfx
02-24-2003, 12:58 PM
I'm thinking about going to the Durham con (I can't remember the name) as Gambit. Everyone's favorite ragin cajun!

-Jei-

I'll need help with it though.

tamahomegurl
02-25-2003, 05:03 AM
hey kaosefx.....*heart swoons* i love gambit!! ^__^ he's one kick ass cajun if you ask me, darlin!!! *winks*

hey jade_dragon:::

i was planning on maybe cosplaying as lady deathstrike from x-2... i'm thinking about doing that for comic con in cali this year...and i'll dress my younger sis up as jubilation lee....*giggles* hahaha!! she would sure make one hell of a jubilee!! if we can go, we would love to join up in your group!!!! ^___^ if you allow it, that is!!!! ^__^

Hikaruchan
02-25-2003, 08:37 AM
My sister is a Gambit and Rogue fan, so I am sure she would love to see a Gambit at Animazement

KuroBara
02-25-2003, 08:44 AM
I'm over on the East Coast, but I'm planning a Psylocke costume for next year, and my boyfriend will most likely be Gambit.

jade_dragon
02-25-2003, 11:48 AM
the xmen group is back together smaller but back together. email me at toon2tomb@hotmail.com if you wanna join for comic con 2003 ,we will have a blast, hope to hear from you

so far we have for 2003 comic con
rogue
jean grey
cyclops
wolverine done in the movie ,xtreme ultimite comic style

Sarcasm-hime
02-26-2003, 02:33 PM
EEE, somebody awhile back mentioned Authority cosplay! I love the Authority...although I don't think I'd want to cover myself in silver paint.

For SDCC'04 I'm planning on making a Scarlet Witch costume and dressing the hubby up as Nightcrawler (my number 1 favourite comic guy...I guess I just find blue sexy). ^_^

daria_jack
03-21-2003, 04:22 PM
I do Poison Ivy from Batman right now. she's not exactly a super hero but she's in a super hero book/movie

peaseblossom
03-22-2003, 03:59 PM
Sarcasm Hime- Yosh! The Authority Rocks! I dunno if I'd cover myself in silver paint either. I'm glad I am doing Jenny instead of The Doctor! I just have to wear a Union Jack shirt and act surley for Jenny! ^__~

waynekaa
03-23-2003, 11:14 PM
Kee kee. Batman Beyond will come back if Hikkles ever finishes Dee Dee.

aimee
03-24-2003, 10:13 AM
I really love Rogue, I'd like to do her costume someday

yayahan
03-24-2003, 11:23 AM
Aimee, why don't you do a duo with Mitch then? He could pull of Wolverine just fabulously ^_^

A J
03-24-2003, 11:29 AM
Wayne, you need to let me know when you're pulling out the Batman Beyond cosplay again.

:: LOVES it when people recognize Ten :: ^^

-AJ

yayahan
03-24-2003, 11:47 AM
Dude you guys, I wanna join! Batman Beyond RAWKS!

A J
03-24-2003, 12:10 PM
Oooh, come join us Yaya!!! Who would you be?

Anyone who does Batman Beyond going to Comic-con? I might have a Jack too to go along with my Ten. ^^ And maybe I can convince my brother he looks good in white spandex so he can be Ace...

Not likely, but I can try. LOL. :)

-AJ

waynekaa
03-24-2003, 12:17 PM
I think Yaya should be Inque. That's what we last discussed when she was Batman Beyond gushy. :D Which would mean I'd actually have to wear Batman, but Hikkles wants Terry McGinnis to go with her Dee Dee, since Dee Dee attacks him in that nightclub.
I don't think I can make it to ComicCon this year, sadly tho.

yayahan
03-24-2003, 12:34 PM
I would love to do Inque for sure! Let's talk about it further over AIM... *smitten grin*

waynekaa
03-24-2003, 01:04 PM
MMMMM
*looks forward to that*
BTW, Yaya could make a really cute Ruby Moon *looking at her Bubblegum Angel outfit*

Hee hee, AJ is still 2 cards short even with an Ace of a Royal Flush

A J
03-24-2003, 01:07 PM
Yaya would make an awesome Inque!

I'm working on it Wayne! :) Batman Beyond fans are kinda hard to find I've noticed...

yayahan
03-24-2003, 01:29 PM
Thank you, AJ! I would really love the chance to cosplay with you one day *_*

Adella
03-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Kell cosplayed as She-Ra.. I wanted to also. Mebbe I could cosplay as Glimmer or Queen Angela or someone from that series ~_^

kelldar
03-24-2003, 03:26 PM
Queen Angelina would rock *_* I kinda thought of doing Flutterina but thought it might be confused with Heavy Metal Papillion ^^;

aimee> you would make an awesome rogue!

KittenTheChibi
03-24-2003, 03:52 PM
I always thought it would be cool to do Freezia from the cartoon Shera.....

Ok she's a villiness but hey they are cool too right?

yayahan
03-24-2003, 04:04 PM
Yay for old school heros!

Ginny
03-24-2003, 05:50 PM
Woah woah whoah. Who mentioned Batman Beyond and DIDN'T inform me? *kicks everyone's butt*

Me and a CERTAIN SOMEONE WHO LIVES IN THIS HOUSE was supposed to be DeeDee with me, but never finished her costume. ;____;

waynekaa
03-24-2003, 09:10 PM
G-chan wants to make a DeeDee?
I didn't know G-chan likes the Batman Beyond? HAWT.

Nietsche
03-24-2003, 09:48 PM
People not liking Batman Beyond?
You must have asked the wrong people! I'm all for the series....just don't know who I'd want to cosplay from it though!

A J
03-24-2003, 09:58 PM
Actually it's more like people dunno what it is. ^^

G-Chan likes Batman Beyond too! Yay! We should definitely plan a group for some con... :)

yayahan
03-25-2003, 08:50 AM
OMG G-chan, you'd be so kickass as Dee Dee! I entirely second AJ.. ^_^

Ginny
03-25-2003, 12:44 PM
I already have the wig, hat, shorts, top, and boots. I just need her belt, and it would be done. I even have the make-up laying around. I was supposed to be DeeDee with Cristi, but she never got it finished and just forgot about it. ;___;

I'd also love to cosplay Ten/Melissa sometime too. ^_^ Up with Ten! Down with Dana!

waynekaa
03-25-2003, 01:35 PM
Then you should ~remind~ Cristi!
Alot.
Awwww, I think Dana's kyu.

Ginny
03-25-2003, 02:22 PM
I wanna rip Dana's head off and feed it to Ace. ^__~

soshi
03-25-2003, 05:10 PM
*jumps in the thread far too late*

yes, Mel/Ten is waaaaaaaay better than Dana. ^___^

I love Batman Beyond. *_*; I once had an aspiration to cosplay Mel's civilian clothes, but other plans took over. someday, somday.

daria_jack
04-02-2003, 12:10 PM
Im doing Poison Ivy from Batman & Robin right now (the movie character)
Well not really a superhero, but in a superhero movie/cartoon

KittenTheChibi
04-03-2003, 10:37 AM
I love Cat woman just something cool about her... though I like the old school Batman stuff.

Mia-P
04-29-2003, 12:21 AM
I want to cosplay Rouge! She rules! ^0^

Mandy Mitchell
04-30-2003, 01:47 AM
There are lots of superhero cosplays at San Diego Comic Con. In fact, Comic Con has been around for a lot longer than anime conventions.

LLC
04-30-2003, 10:43 AM
Not sure if this counts as superhero but certainly is Comic Book. My friend Kelly as the Magdalena. Took me near forever to get the gold onto the belts (the entire costume is made out of leather).

http://www.adventurersplace.com/Conventions/2003WC/KellyMagdelana.jpg

nekomi
05-04-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Aeris
Kell cosplayed as She-Ra.. I wanted to also. Mebbe I could cosplay as Glimmer or Queen Angela or someone from that series ~_^
I think you'd make an awesome Glimmer Aeris. :) I loved She-Ra when I was little. I even wrote fanfics about She-Ra *lol*, even though I didn't know the term was "fan fiction" back then. I might do a She-Ra cosplay in the future. I've also wanted to cosplay Jem, Rainbow Brite, and other 80's cartoon characters. I'd also like to cosplay Rogue, but only if I have a Gambit with me ;).

jade_dragon
05-04-2003, 12:33 PM
im going to cosplay rogue of the xmen for comic con and maybe next year freefall of gen 13 and my own canadian version of super girl lol ^ ^ ,id love to do poison ivy someday

kelldar
05-04-2003, 12:47 PM
after seeing X2 getting all geeky over x-men again (I had to come home at 2 AM and dig out a bunch of comics) I wanna do an movie style uniform XD

jade_dragon
05-04-2003, 12:49 PM
you go girl *snap snap*

CattieBrie
05-05-2003, 07:22 AM
My friends and I dressed up and went to see X-2 this weekend.

Daala
05-05-2003, 11:48 AM
http://www.muc.muohio.edu/~natedogg/main.htm

jade_dragon
05-05-2003, 01:26 PM
reminds me i did see acute guy at the theater i went to who was a la wolverine i was so pissed beause i was going to go as rogue but thought i would be alone and all i thought through out the movie (well the begining and end) was what if >_<

forget about nike
super hero cosplay
just do it XD

you can meet cute guys that way lol

makio
05-06-2003, 01:41 AM
...is anyone planning on doing this for DragonCon?

Mandy Mitchell
05-06-2003, 03:32 AM
I sooo want to cosplay Jubilee but I doubt I could make it to Comic Con this year. I hope the X-MEN group will still continue the year after.

Nevernaut
06-02-2003, 01:28 PM
I'm working on a comics version of Wolverine for Dragon*Con (I figure there'll be enough movie versions). I'm still a few sit-ups away from walking around shirtless (though jacketed), but I'm getting there.

And I thought making claws was going to be the hard part....

Friends of mine have made plans to dress up as Emma Frost, Jean Grey and Xorn, and a good freind has said she'll fight me in the costume contest if I make her a Deathstrike suit form the movie.

JacksUsername
06-03-2003, 01:45 AM
I've went as Wolverine in his casual wear to Anime Boston (its in my gallery) and I'm hoping to do a few more, I'd really like to do a Gambit.

I'm not too sure if I'll get around to making any for conventions any time soon, but I'm probably going to dress up as a couple and take some photos just for fun. :)

HealerKou
07-20-2003, 10:37 AM
Oops, I <3 super heroes. Wish I'd seen this thread sooner!

I've always wanted to cosplay as Catwoman, the purple version from when Jim Balent was drawing her. I loved those comics, but now her design sucks >_<; Except for when Jim Lee draws it.

I've also wanted to do Huntress for a while, and make my boyfriend be Nightwing, cuz I <3 him, and they DID IT XD

For DragonCon this year, I plan on being Elektra, either her red costume, or the white one with the opening in the front. I haven't decided yet, but I think the red might look better with my complexion.

I also want to make a Chastity costume someday. Probably very few people have read those comics, but she's a vampire that other vampires can't sense for some reason, and she's so PISSED that she's a vampire, that she hunts and kills them, and is also generally a hired assassin for monsters. What makes it really cool, though, is that she was going to become an actress before she got bitten, so she knows how to do wigs, costumes, makeup, and everything. So since the others can't sense her, she often goes undercover all dressed up, and learns new things about this conspiracy thing that's going on against the head vampire guy. Anyway, she's a hero in my book ^_^v

And, yeah, I was supposed to be one half of DeeDee from Batman Beyond, but then I moved, lost some pieces, got confused, got a job, got busy, and forgot about it ;___; Oops! My bad! But I do have the top, shorts, boots, and wig....somewhere. ^_^;;

JustinCredible
07-22-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by MakioTwist
I know it's too soon to ask a group theme for Megacon, but maybe for San Diego Comic Con, it'd be cool to gather up with everyone and possibly go in somekind of superhero costume theme. Maybe Marvel's GenerationX

VERY VERY COOL! I LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE GEN-X

Originally posted by MakioTwist
Bah, go for it. :)

Besides, I'm having enough of a time as is finding a pattern/buying a red bodysuit... Any suggestions?

Which versions of the costumes are you doing? The original Gen-X Unis? The Adrienne Frost Versions (Gen-X #51 were there first appearence), or the Counter-X Versions?

Remember.. Jubilee NEEDS her yellow coat!

Originally posted by jade_dragon
my own canadian version of super girl lol

Why not do Vindicator (AKA Heather McNeil Hudson) From Canada's own Alpha Flight!

Anyways let me know how the Gen-X stuff goes, I would like to see your costumes!

I, one day would like to crossplay as Jubilee (because I love her sooooo much)... that along with Static (But not the terrible Static Shock Costume... the original).

Kaijugal
07-24-2003, 04:54 PM
I have been, Hawkgirl, golden age Wonder Woman, and a Green Lantern Corps member (ala DC comics.) I was also The Phantasm from the movie Batman : Mask of the Phantasm.

Nietsche
07-24-2003, 07:54 PM
Those are some credentials Kaijugal!!
I'm definitely in awe!

Kaijugal
07-24-2003, 08:17 PM
Hahaha Thanks! Actually I use to have a Heroes & Villians Theme masquerade every year. That's why I have so many costumes. ONe of the best years was when a whole bunch of people came as characters from The Tick!

RedPikachu
07-24-2003, 11:46 PM
I hope that one day, when I don't have a million costumes to make, that I can go to some con as Jubilee in that horrid 80s outfit witht he yellow jacket and crazy hair.

Sarcasm-hime
07-25-2003, 12:05 PM
Arrrr..I want to dress as American Maid. ^_^ I'd need a Die Fledermaus though.

cloudette
07-26-2003, 11:42 PM
I am planing on doing storm from the x-man move. When I bought my Inuyasha wig every one said I looked like storm. So here I am getting dual use of my new white wig. :)

grandis
07-29-2003, 12:29 PM
Lessee...I've been Mystique, the Wasp, Wonder Woman, Rogue, Punk Storm, Cat Woman, Diamond Back, Starfire, Zatanna, Phoenix, Tigra, Dove, Hawk Woman, Death (comics, but not superhero...), Ghost, the Scarlet Witch, the Emerald Enchantress, the Black Widow, Shrinking Violet, and Phantom Girl. I may have missed a couple, but those are the ones I can remember right now.

I had my start doing superheros, back in the days before anime exploded.

I'd love to do a Wonder Woman from the 40s, with the little skirt. :)

Grandis

Peachy Momo
07-29-2003, 05:15 PM
Cat Woman was my fav growing up! When I was younger, I was Cat girl one halloween. lol! ^__^

I would love to cosplay Jean Grey (and her varies outfits-she's my fav X-gal), Jubilee, Storm, Rogue, and Shadow Cat. They are some awesome X-gals! ^__~

I love watching She-Ra growing up. I wanna be a superhero!! :D

I'll be back when I think of some more...lol! =)

papaslides
11-03-2003, 07:00 AM
well i know no-one has probably even seen this thread in like 3-4 months but i'm gonna post anyways. I just made an Evo Nightcrawler costume (wish i could do comic version but putting on the tail minus the yellow belt was just too complicated, besides i LOVE "the fuzzy dude") But i spent a lot of money on it and would love to get some more uses out of it, if there is anybody going to any "dress up" convention where x-men would be appropriate in the Bay Area California let me know. I also have a yahoo group for x-men cosplaying, I don't think i can post the link without causing problems so I'll just say e-mail me if ur interested.

papaslides@sbcglobal.net

gwegz
11-03-2003, 04:20 PM
I did a spiderman symbiote suit... u can see in my list... ^^

KusanIvy
11-03-2003, 05:19 PM
Ja, I vas zhe Incredible Nightcrawler for Halloveen. But now I cannot get rid of zhe German accent.

See?

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=10283&cat=500
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=92650&password=&sort=1&cat=5545&page=1

MPsy
11-11-2003, 03:04 AM
I did black symbiote Spider-Man from the spin-off Spider-Man: Legend of the Spider Clan for Comic-Con. Check out my gallery.

Currently I'm thinking of Gambit or Dr. Strange?

People are telling me to go as Gambit.

KIL78
11-12-2003, 02:10 AM
I would love to do shaft (though he is not really a super hero) and I have the perfect boots to do robin from teen titans.

plus doesn't spidey have his own manga?

papaslides
11-12-2003, 03:06 AM
Teen Titans' Robin boots... wow where'd u find those they must be hecka Cool

Jen-neko
11-12-2003, 10:20 AM
Yay, Teen Titans! I really want to do Starfire (maybe for CONvergence) =^_^=

edit: No, I'm not talking about the old-school comic Starfire (sorry XP her outfit's just too skimpy). I'm talking about the Cartoon Network show Starfire :P Her outfit's cooler, anyway (and her hair, for that matter =xx=).

MPsy
11-14-2003, 03:22 AM
I think it would be fun to cosplay as Beast Boy...or better yet...SLADE!!! Even cosplaying that crazy teacher would be fun.

...DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
I just happened to catch the show when I get home from work...

Plus...now I got an idea to do a Chamber from Gen-X cosplay...grrrrr...so many ideas...

jade_dragon
11-20-2003, 03:03 PM
im planning on doing Elektra for comic con 2004 and i did jean gray and rogue (check my gallery)

gwegz
11-22-2003, 05:23 AM
plus doesn't spidey have his own manga?

Yeah, he had manga version in 70's, the artist was Ikegami, the author of Crying freeman.

jade_dragon
12-05-2003, 06:05 PM
catwoman has been added to my list weeee

waynekaa
12-10-2003, 11:03 AM
Got some pictures back from LosCon 30 (http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=6221&ppuser=418) where I dressed as Aqualad (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=99578&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1) from Teen Titans.

We also had a Raven (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=99071&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1), Starfire (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=98786&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1), Beast Boy (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=99021&password=&sort=1&cat=6221&page=1), and a Mad Mod (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=98787&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1). Our Robin's out in the UK with Alfred. :D

It was really cool cos we got to meet the Teen Titans creator,
Marv Wolfman (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=99019&password=&sort=1&cat=6221&page=1), while we were there.

Quinn
12-10-2003, 01:49 PM
*delurkes*

Hi Hi Im semi new to these forums.Ahhh I love masqaurading
as superheroes.
I been cosplaying for a while now and this summer I made my
1st comic book based costume and I have had this much fun
dressing up in a while.

I made bad bad gril Elektra for last summers Dragon Con
and I think Im planning on making New Teen Titans
Donna Troy/ Wonder Girl 1 for next years.

I also may upgrade to Elektra black ^.~ :jjacks:

Quinn
12-10-2003, 01:51 PM
Got some pictures back from LosCon 30 (http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=6221&ppuser=418) where I dressed as Aqualad (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=99578&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1) from Teen Titans.

We also had a Raven (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=99071&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1), Starfire (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=98786&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1), Beast Boy (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=99021&password=&sort=1&cat=6221&page=1), and a Mad Mod (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=98787&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1). Our Robin's out in the UK with Alfred. :D

It was really cool cos we got to meet the Teen Titans creator,
Marv Wolfman (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=99019&password=&sort=1&cat=6221&page=1), while we were there.

Eiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii your Starfire is so frikken cute ^__^v
Well the whole group is also buts she's so adorable ^.^

waynekaa
12-11-2003, 12:27 AM
Eiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii your Starfire is so frikken cute ^__^v
Well the whole group is also buts she's so adorable ^.^
Yay! Quinn delurked finally
@_@ your cosplay profile back on ACP must be so non updated.
Anyways, I would tend to agree, our Starfire is so KYU!

Quinn
12-11-2003, 04:35 AM
Yay! Quinn delurked finally
@_@ your cosplay profile back on ACP must be so non updated.
Anyways, I would tend to agree, our Starfire is so KYU!

Yes Yes Im a bad kitteh! after Katsucon that will be taken care of
^_^; definitely

Maryssa
12-13-2003, 04:30 PM
dude wayne thats so awesome =O I never heard of that con before o_O I would have loved to go =/

ZiggyB
12-13-2003, 06:17 PM
Sarcasm-hime: Would Batmanuel from the Tick TV show count? :) I was asked to do that costume once as a joke. :P

waynekaa
12-14-2003, 01:58 AM
dude wayne thats so awesome =O I never heard of that con before o_O I would have loved to go =/
@_@
Don't feel bad, I didn't hear about this con until the LosCon thread in the Other cons thing that I just serendipitously read.
It woulda been fun for you !

Maryssa
12-14-2003, 05:37 PM
Are there any other cons like that around here? I really really wanna dress up as starfire too but not at an anime con =p

waynekaa
12-14-2003, 10:44 PM
Are there any other cons like that around here? I really really wanna dress up as starfire too but not at an anime con =p
Only San Diego Comic Con but that won't be for a while.
I think you'd be okay wearing Starfire to AX, I mean there was a Raven at AWA.

MPsy
12-15-2003, 12:38 AM
I been throwing the idea of doing a Beast Boy cosplay perhaps to Comic-Con...

Capt Splat
01-07-2004, 10:43 AM
I would like to do Dr Doom sometime. Will probly be Homer Simpson this Halloween.
Does anyone know about any Comic or Amine cons in Louisville KY?

Hikaruchan
01-07-2004, 11:17 AM
I would like to do Dr Doom sometime. Will probly be Homer Simpson this Halloween.
Does anyone know about any Comic or Amine cons in Louisville KY?

Since I used to live in Louisville can answer this. No anime con in town, closest one to you would be SugoiCon http://www.sugoicon.org in Covington which you just missed (was in November). Next closest would be MTAC http://www.mtac.net/ in Nashville in April (since C-kon moved to South Bend instead of being in Indy)

On other cons, have the following

Conglomeration is in town (their guest of honor is from Louisville, wrote some DragonLance novels - and was one of my professors at U of L)
http://members.iglou.com/shadowr/

and GenCon in Indy (gaming con but there are costumers there)
http://www.gencon.com/indyhome.aspx?file=indy

Kia
01-08-2004, 11:25 AM
One day I would love to cosplay BatGirl (the Yvonne Craig version) from the original live action show to Toronto Trek. She's one of my favourite characters as well as an all time favourite costume of mine. ^_^

Hitori
01-08-2004, 11:53 AM
Yay! I luv superhero cosplai, I haven't done ani yet but I have some in the works. Before I knew about cosplai, I alwais wanted to dress up as some random marvel character just 'cause they're awesome^_^
Everione who has posted their costumes, I'm in awe, so purdi!

Capt Splat
01-08-2004, 05:20 PM
Thank you Hikaruchan. Can you also tell me where might I find people who are into Cosplay in or around Louisville?

Hikaruchan
01-11-2004, 03:42 AM
Thank you Hikaruchan. Can you also tell me where might I find people who are into Cosplay in or around Louisville?

I think some of the members of the anime club that meets at Southwest branch of the library on Dixie Highway are cosplayers from messages I have seen (club is for teens). Know of about 10 cosplayers in Louisville, but most of them aren't in any clubs that I know of.

Can try
http://cosplay.meetup.com/members/263

There also were anime clubs at Male & Eastern high and U of L

And if you are a paid member of cosplaylab.com, can use pinpoint feature to see who is around Louisville

kelldar
01-11-2004, 08:30 AM
Now that my Shadowcat costume is worn out, I'm planning to do Phoenix (comic style) for Comic-Con this year.
Also had a strange dream recently where I decided to go as Chamber (genx). Don't know what that was about, lol.

Hitori
01-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Now that my Shadowcat costume is worn out, I'm planning to do Phoenix (comic style) for Comic-Con this year.
Also had a strange dream recently where I decided to go as Chamber (genx). Don't know what that was about, lol.

That's realli funni, I've been thinking recentli how cool it would be to pull off Chamber. Anione have ani ideas?

Capt Splat
01-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Some thin, black materal for breathing, and leather straps and buckles for effect.
Add the leather jacket and black clothes and you'll look like the GenX Chamber.
As for his abilites.... you got me. Maybe light bulbs or flash light down in the jacket?

makio
01-16-2004, 05:28 AM
As some of you may know, I'm leading a big cosplay gathering for Megacon; entitled "Marvel vs Capcom 2 @ Megacon 2004 (http://makio.homelinux.com:8080/mvc2)"... and the costume I have planned to wear is Iron Man. I'm not having too much trouble with the costume (found the helmet online surprisingly enough!). However I noticed that on his suit (http://makio.homelinux.com:8080/mvc2/images/mvc2art/50/main.jpg) , there's various "lines"(most likely where the suit is snapped together)on his legs and other parts of his armour.

Now to replicate this, I'm actually using a spandex like apparel bought from UnderArmour(Coincidence or Irony? Bad pun, sorry. :thumbsup: )...and I'm not sure whether those lines should be drawn on with fabric pen or sewed on via black string embroidery? Is it possible to sew on spandex-like material without tearing it when worn? Help, help!

ZiggyB
01-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Are you talking about the lines on the armor? Or the lines on the yellow undersuit?

Anyway, generally lines using marker drawn on spandex looks kinda bad IMHO. Because when it stretches it will get lighter and darker in places and will look, drawn on. :) I talked to a Asuka cosplayer at AX who hand sewed black elastic on to her bodysuit. That way when the suit stretched the black lines would stretch and pull with her. Of course that's really time consuming and not fun. :/

Um... you probably don't wanna use embroidery since again, embroidery doesn't stretch as far as I know.

I'd say, if you have some scrap material, try the marker on the fabric and then stretch and pull it to see if the line stays consistant or not. If that doesn't work, maybe using different types of paint? Maybe if you have friends who have an airbrush (haha, I want friends like that) and if that fails try the elastic.

Oh, and to answer your original question, yes you can sew on spandex so that it will stretch and the body suit will stay intact. There's generally two methods. If you want to use a straight stitch, you want to stretch the spandex as you are sewing it. The other way is to use a zig-zag stitch so when the fabric stretches, the stitches don't break.

I've also been told using a serger is great for stretch materals, but I have no experence with that. :(

A J
01-16-2004, 05:46 PM
Everything Ziggy said... =)

And if you really want to go with paint, you can but you're going to need someone else to paint it while you're wearing the suit cause the suit needs to be stretched out already. You need someone who you trust to paint you while you're lying there unable to move until it dries. =) (A blowdryer helps speed up the process of drying.)

makio
01-27-2004, 06:20 AM
Thanks again for the advice! I'm set to put that suggestion to use in the next week or so when I get the materials in the(snail)mail. Actually... I think I'm going to post progress pictures so that I can get some constructive critique from the message board 'audience'. :d

Jen-neko
02-03-2004, 10:12 AM
Wee, I'm back again :P I posted a couple pages back...and haven't since then 'cause of..stuff =9_9=

Well, I decided I'm doing Starfire for CONvergence =^^= I'm also thinking about doing Wonder Woman (from Justice League on CN) :D I love Justice League =^__^= I watch it every night....I even went out and bought a Wonder Woman figure from the local toy store :P It's was one of only two, and they only had one Hawkgirl (how I wish I coulda bought her, too...oh well, that's what I need a job for..).

What would a good material be for WW's costume? I could make it out of vinyl, but would that be necessary/accurate? :eeek:

waynekaa
02-03-2004, 10:27 AM
What would a good material be for WW's costume? I could make it out of vinyl, but would that be necessary/accurate? :eeek:

Actually my friend wanted to use vinyl but couldn't find any for Halloween, so she used spandex. I think it came out nicely
Wonder Woman Pictures (http://www.acparadise.com/display.php?a=245&c=2809)
She does plan to re-do it in vinyl though. I think vinyl would be just fine.

Jen-neko
02-03-2004, 11:33 AM
*looks at pics* It did come out nicely :3

I think I'll try to find the vinyl, and if I can't, then spandex it is =^^=

Anastacie
02-03-2004, 04:50 PM
I've done Batgirl (Barbra Gordon old school) and Elektra (the red body suited comic book version). I actually read comics fairly often... I used to hang out with a group that did all kinds of super heros in Tampa. It's pretty rewarding, because people aren't like "so who are you supposed to be?"

Kia
02-03-2004, 05:09 PM
I've done Batgirl (Barbra Gordon old school) and Elektra (the red body suited comic book version). I actually read comics fairly often... I used to hang out with a group that did all kinds of super heros in Tampa. It's pretty rewarding, because people aren't like "so who are you supposed to be?"
Do you mean the old school one from the live action tv show? If so I adore that costume!! I've wanted to make it for so long!
You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of your costume, would you?

Anastacie
02-04-2004, 08:09 PM
There's a pic of my batgirl in my profile. I don't have all my other photos with me, cause my old computer is in Florida. But I even dyed my hair red (I have blonde hair) so it could go out the back. Sigh, I love to wear that. Let me know what you think.

There's an awful lot of cosplayers in Canada :) I never realized.

Scruffy Rebel
02-04-2004, 10:05 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang, I coulda sworn no one liked doing comic cosplays....they are so hard to find. Why are you people never where I am?! I cosplay as Batgirl, it was my major debut costume into, well, costuming. Part of a group actually, called Gotham Public Works : http://gothampublicworks.com

We've got the most kick ass Harley ever. period...I so kid you not and I have to find someone to think otherwise.

Anyhoo, I really love the Batgirl/Oracle/Barbara Gordon character. Can't wait till I get a better version of the costume done. I'd really like to maybe to a Cassy Batgirl III costume, I'd want to get a lot slimmer though for that. Besides that I've also been tempted to try Jean-Grey. Argh, there's just too many costume that I want to do!

~Oracle

makio
02-05-2004, 12:14 AM
Oracle--- AWESOME website! I referred it to a friend of mine who's big into DC costuming. :) I've got a Two-Face costume myself that was meant for Megacon Saturday's DC villains group, but I think it fell through... If there's any other comic conventions locally, I'll probably bring it there or wear it to the clubs for Halloween.

RoboGundam6
02-05-2004, 11:08 AM
I'm thinking of doing a cosplay on Raven from Teen Titans, cuz I'm like her ^^! I might do Rouge form X-Men, with the short hairand more "modern" look.

As for the "new" Batgirl, I like her I read her comics which also includes Oracle. I resently went to the Big Apple Comic Con and got a whole bunch O' comics and met a bunch O' drawers/ writer/ and inkers. Its great really, REALLY great ^^!

I actually gone to your site b4 Oracle, its very cool, we need more "Super-hero" cosplay ^^!

Cherry
02-05-2004, 04:27 PM
EW? SUPER HERO COSPLAY? WHAT? LIKE THAT STUPID X-MEN CRAP!? EW WHO WOULD DO THAT?

(Please see avatar for sarcasm reference.)

ACXchan
02-24-2004, 11:23 PM
I was searching for pictures of Authority (Stormwatch comic) costumers and to my surprise this thread popped up as a result! I don't know why I never looked in it before, my fault for coming in late. I've been wanting to do Apollo's white suit with a white leather Midnighter (special scene!) but I'd be the scrawniest Apollo ever ^ ^; So I've been thinking about Shen for Comic Con! Her wings will take the most time and work if I do them x__x

Sarcasm-hime
02-25-2004, 02:46 PM
Hee! I love the Authority too. I'd do Angie if I felt like being covered head to toe in silver *lol* Don't think I could pull off Jenny or Shen.

I have the wig for my Scarlet Witch costume...hopefully will have the time to make it over the summer. Probably won't be able to make it to SDCC this year tho due to lack of money. Bleh.

Haruko Tovar
02-25-2004, 05:12 PM
I have to say that all of you are very skilled as cosplayers!! I am a brand new cosplayer at 31. I guess I never grew up, sort of a Peter Pan complex. Love all of the comics and even becoming more enamored of anime thanks to my younger sister. Would love any insight or helpful e-mails regarding making my own masks (spandex/lycra). I am shooting for the Alex Ross concept art version of Spidey in Black/Red. If all goes well, I will be posting pics of my progress. Once again, you guys rock!!

kelldar
02-25-2004, 05:25 PM
hi Haruko Tovar! nashville, eh? I'm in memphis ^^

I finally committed to doing AoA era Shadowcat for Dragoncon. I've been wanting to do it since I did my first Shadowcat... I can't wait, I've been fooling around making the claws the past couple of days instead of concentrating on costumes that are coming up much sooner... -_-;

ACXchan
02-26-2004, 01:35 AM
Hee! I love the Authority too. I'd do Angie if I felt like being covered head to toe in silver *lol* Don't think I could pull off Jenny or Shen.

Oh ho ho ho ho <3 for The Authority! I think Angie would make an incredible costume, it'd win masquerades if you could get the guns on her arms too but yeah being covered in silver could be a comfort problem. With Warren Ellis' universe(s) it's always possible to do someone's alternate universe version XD Jakita Wagner (Planetary) crossed my mind but I've settled on the decision to do Shen.

Any Marvel cosplayers planning to do 1602 versions?

LLC
02-29-2004, 12:40 AM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang, I coulda sworn no one liked doing comic cosplays....they are so hard to find. Why are you people never where I am?! I cosplay as Batgirl, it was my major debut costume into, well, costuming. Part of a group actually, called Gotham Public Works : http://gothampublicworks.com

We've got the most kick ass Harley ever. period...I so kid you not and I have to find someone to think otherwise.

Anyhoo, I really love the Batgirl/Oracle/Barbara Gordon character. Can't wait till I get a better version of the costume done. I'd really like to maybe to a Cassy Batgirl III costume, I'd want to get a lot slimmer though for that. Besides that I've also been tempted to try Jean-Grey. Argh, there's just too many costume that I want to do!

~Oracle

Let me tell you people that the GPW group is awesome.

Seen you as Batgril, the Joker is wonderful, Harley and the Batman really are nice to see.

I got a friend who wants to do a more or less JLA theme and is doing Green Latern. I have settled on Huntress and am working on that along with the New X-men Emma Frost.

Rel
02-29-2004, 01:28 PM
We're doing a group X-Men thing for Collectormania (Coventry, UK) in October...
We've so far got a Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee, Shadowcat and Phoenix but we're falling a bit short of the mark as far as guys go. All the men I know seem to have a strange aversion to running around in skin tight outfits! (strange people....)

Cherry
03-01-2004, 12:42 AM
o_o where is collectormania? Isn't that in -- Oh wait! You are from Europe! That is awesome!

Rel
03-01-2004, 07:30 PM
lol!!!

I just have to say you are the best Gambit ;) My friends dressing up as him and we aspire to your level of costuming brilliance.

Claire
03-01-2004, 09:58 PM
My "Huzzah, my weightloss plan WORKED!" costume for SDCC is going to be Rogue - but since it wouldn't make sense to make a form-fitting body suit and then lose ten pounds, I'm just putting a bunch of money into a kick-ass big 80s uberwig and wearing jean shorts and a white shirt. Muwaha.

I'm also a heathen new-school fan of X-treme X-men, and hope to do a big shiney winged Shi'ar Lifeguard costume someday.

Rel
03-02-2004, 09:03 AM
My "Huzzah, my weightloss plan WORKED!" costume for SDCC is going to be Rogue - but since it wouldn't make sense to make a form-fitting body suit and then lose ten pounds, I'm just putting a bunch of money into a kick-ass big 80s uberwig and wearing jean shorts and a white shirt. Muwaha.

I'm also a heathen new-school fan of X-treme X-men, and hope to do a big shiney winged Shi'ar Lifeguard costume someday.

The bodysuit is EVIL!!!!! and far more of a costuming headache than it's worth. That's all I'm saying on that matter...

Claire
03-02-2004, 09:37 AM
The bodysuit is EVIL!!!!! and far more of a costuming headache than it's worth. That's all I'm saying on that matter...

Did you ever think of getting a yellow bodysuit and painting it? It just occured to me that painting green on yellow might be easier than yellow on green.

Cherry
03-02-2004, 01:55 PM
lol!!!

I just have to say you are the best Gambit ;) My friends dressing up as him and we aspire to your level of costuming brilliance.

THANK YOU! ^^;; That is sweet, but untrue. I am sure you guys are gonna rox0r de sox0r of the convention. You must take many pictures, and I must seeee them! <3333333.

Cherry
03-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Did you ever think of getting a yellow bodysuit and painting it? It just occured to me that painting green on yellow might be easier than yellow on green.

Good call, Claire. Wouldn't yellow on green make it bleed through and show? Or if it cracked at all, it wouldn't be pretty.

Rel
03-02-2004, 01:59 PM

I am waiting on a green bodysuit and sewing it with yellow. The painting idea doesn't work well, I've done a test piece on the material and yup Cherry your right unless you spend a fortune on fabric paints it does crack and look very ugly.

Rel
03-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Trying to throw together a Psylocke on four days notice....eeeeeeeeeeeppp!!!

Claire
03-02-2004, 02:06 PM
I am waiting on a green bodysuit and sewing it with yellow. The painting idea doesn't work well, I've done a test piece on the material and yup Cherry your right unless you spend a fortune on fabric paints it does crack and look very ugly.

What about floral spray? I don't know how well it works on stretchy material, but it's held very well in some of the stuff I've used it for, with no bleeding. I call it the poor man's airbrushing. *cough*

Rel
03-02-2004, 02:14 PM
What about floral spray? I don't know how well it works on stretchy material, but it's held very well in some of the stuff I've used it for, with no bleeding. I call it the poor man's airbrushing. *cough*

Can't get my hands on any of that round here myself but I'd say go for it! Seems like a really good solution

Cherry
03-02-2004, 09:47 PM
Trying to throw together a Psylocke on four days notice....eeeeeeeeeeeppp!!!

X_X;;; I may be doing Psylocke sometime next year. But four days? You are insane, mam.

Rel
03-03-2004, 05:26 AM
X_X;;; I may be doing Psylocke sometime next year. But four days? You are insane, mam.

Indeed I am :D

Should manage it if the company I've ordered from deliver in time *glares at currently non-delivering company*

Nietsche
03-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Mutants that I am gonna make for cosplay...
Nate Grey and Sunfire...unfortunately I detest Sunfire's first costume...so I'm gonna either go his darker outfit or his elemental extreme....
looking to take this to SD Comicon if I can go.

Rel
03-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Mutants that I am gonna make for cosplay...
Nate Grey and Sunfire...unfortunately I detest Sunfire's first costume...so I'm gonna either go his darker outfit or his elemental extreme....
looking to take this to SD Comicon if I can go.

Nate Grey is definately cool- the *best* AU kidlet of Scott and Jean's!
And yeah Shiro's origanal outfit made him look a bit like the monster out of a bad 50's B-Movie probabaly entitled 'It came from Beneath the Sea!!!' *g*

Nietsche
03-06-2004, 07:39 PM
So what would people suggest for superhero fabric? Satin Lycra or stretchy vinyl?

Jen-neko
03-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Depends on who you're doing, I guess. Like for my Wonder Woman costume, I'll probably try to get vinyl, but for Starfire, I'll probably try spandex/lycra...

Quinn
03-06-2004, 11:53 PM
Depends on who you're doing, I guess. Like for my Wonder Woman costume, I'll probably try to get vinyl, but for Starfire, I'll probably try spandex/lycra...

EXACTLY superhero masqarade is almost same concept like Cosplay.
You want to look as realistic as you can in most cases.
for example Elektra is a ninja assasin,plus in most comics her
outfit is drawn to be free flowing somewhat.So I picked out spandex.

Another example if your a fan of the D.C. comic Birds of Prey, the current incarnation of Black Canary is wearing a vinyl or kevlar looking body suit, as welll as huntress.I would use those kinds of materials.
Black Canary
http://www.the-trades.com/hprice/BirdsOfPrey56.jpg

Huntress
http://www.the-trades.com/hprice/BirdsOfPrey57.jpg

best way to try and judge the material of a costume is how the light element is drawn shining off of it.And also just knowing your character.Think of the situations they are in on a daily basis.What kind of material would you use really if your were this hero ^.^

ACXchan
03-07-2004, 01:24 AM
I'm so psyched that I found a store selling metallic lycra so that I can make Shen's costume ^ ^ I can't wait to go parading around the DC booth XD

Regarding the costumes of characters such as the Bird of Prey girls, new school Batman, and guys like The Midnighter, I think buttery leather suits well however this is extremely expensive so upholstery pleather could also work and at the same time be comfortable and inexpensive @D@

Of course most costumes in comic books somehow just *mold* to the character's body like a second skin whether it be spandex, leather, vinyl, you name it. I think in a sense this works to a cosplayer's advantage because everyone knows it's not always physically possible so people are free to try their own variations of the material used ^ ^

LLC
03-07-2004, 07:46 PM
I am doing the New X-men Emma Frost look (that bit of surrealistic X) with collar and shorts. I went with latex on that one.

RoxieRocket
03-10-2004, 11:16 PM
I want to do Storm sometime... though I am not entirely sure what version. XD I saw her outfit for X2 at the FIDM costume exhibit yesterday and it is really sexy, but I have my doubts about the movie versions of the costumes just because they are SO different. Her oldschool white one is the most recognizable and I love the cape... that skimpy metallic one though? Hell no. ;D

I think it'd be fun to do a semi-original design... something like her movie outfit but in white and silver...

I have never seen anyone do Storm... has anyone else?

(want to do mystique someday too >___>)

Gren
03-10-2004, 11:50 PM
I just recently finished my Storm

http://www.durhamphoto.com/picnic/viewer/image85.htm
http://cosplay.digitalcelsius.com/modules.php?set_albumName=CandyHeartsCosplayPicnic 2&id=IMG_3986&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Looking at pictures also made me realise that I put her vertical belt on the wrong side, mirroring myself to the comic by mistake. You can see another person dressed as Storm in Universal Studio's newest commercial, she's on an ATV behind Capt. America, on the left side. Unlike me, she is actually black. doh! XD

Nietsche
03-11-2004, 05:12 AM
Hell Gren, that's nice! ^_^
And yeah I think everyone's done the mirror thing at least once in their cosplay life..

Cherry
03-11-2004, 12:16 PM
I just recently finished my Storm

http://www.durhamphoto.com/picnic/viewer/image85.htm
http://cosplay.digitalcelsius.com/modules.php?set_albumName=CandyHeartsCosplayPicnic 2&id=IMG_3986&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Looking at pictures also made me realise that I put her vertical belt on the wrong side, mirroring myself to the comic by mistake. You can see another person dressed as Storm in Universal Studio's newest commercial, she's on an ATV behind Capt. America, on the left side. Unlike me, she is actually black. doh! XD

You are beaaaauutttifffuuulll!!!! (Even if you are in fact not black, and quite possibly the furthest thing from it. Then again, I am not male, nor cajun, so it works out. )

Remy gon' hit on you ALL CON, mon ami.

RoxieRocket
03-12-2004, 12:30 AM
You can see another person dressed as Storm in Universal Studio's newest commercial, she's on an ATV behind Capt. America, on the left side. Unlike me, she is actually black. doh! XD

Fantastic XD I loves Storm. Your cape is amazing! I do think if I ever get around to doing my own Storm I will go with a blasphemous hybrid of her original white and X2 movie costumes, cause dammit, I want to wear both AT THE SAME TIME.

And don't eeeeven get me started on that bit, hahaha. I am black and I don't even TRY to find characters that I might resemble (though Lucia from Devil May Cry 2 is tempting only because I look like her, but I'm only going to make one if my friend ever wants to do Dante, 'cause then I can match >_>).

It is never about looking like the character for me, I just covet the clothes. :P

You make a fantastic storm, and I personally think you resemble her way more than Halle Berry did. ;D

courtland
03-15-2004, 02:44 AM
my mom does witchblade cosplay

ACXchan
03-20-2004, 01:21 PM
Gren, I hope you don't take this the wrong way or anything but.... I really love how the material fits to your body XD You look dangerously elegant!

I don't pay attention to ethnicity either. I'm more concerned with stuff like body-shape, for ex. I could never do Sabretooth @D@ Shen is going to be the first asian female character I'm to cosplay, heh.

noriaki_kakyoui
03-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Well, going to continue to work on my Ultimates Iron Man costume. Been sitting in limbo for the past 5 months, and I feel the need to work on it and finish it.

http://www.geocities.com/cgnhgamer/ironman.htm

Noriaki Kakyouin

ChicoChan
03-25-2004, 11:25 AM
I dunno if anyone attended megacon :D but we had an official marvel vs capcom group
http://www.risingsun.net/gallery/megacon2004/marvelvscapcom/index.shtml
You can check it out there ^_^ we had a huuuuuuuuge group and alot of them were marvel superheros ^_~ Our gambit, storm and rouge rawked!

SpikesRose
03-25-2004, 01:10 PM
I'm planning to do a Witchblade cosplay for the next comic con I attend...lots and lots and lots of craft foam and paint @_@...well, not THAT much...in Witchblade form she doesn't wear hardly anything... I'm trying to convince my BF to go as either Ian Nottingham or the Darkness, so we got a little theme goin'...

And my first cosplay ever was Mystique :).

aznaphrodite
03-25-2004, 04:08 PM
chico - What kind of fabric did Rogue and Storm use for their costumes? I'm thinking of doing a Phoenix costume but I'm not sure what type of fabric to use for that spandex look without actually using spandex.

I guess that question goes out to everyone who has made a superhero costume.

RoxieRocket
03-25-2004, 09:11 PM
I'm planning to do a Witchblade cosplay for the next comic con I attend...lots and lots and lots of craft foam and paint @_@...well, not THAT much...in Witchblade form she doesn't wear hardly anything... I'm trying to convince my BF to go as either Ian Nottingham or the Darkness, so we got a little theme goin'...

And my first cosplay ever was Mystique :).

Dude though, that part always annoyed me... Sarah (main char of witchblade) DID wear clothes, it was really on the covers of the comic the artists would draw her mostly nekkid, since sex sells.

I always appreciated how Michael Turner did her... she'd have a shiny black bodysuit on whenever she was in Witchblade "battle mode". I alawys appreciated Michael Turner's artwork for potraying women a little more tastefully in comics :p

And omg, The Darkness would be THE COOLEST THING EVER.

makio
03-26-2004, 03:48 AM
noriaki_kakyoui(n): A JBA fan and an Iron Man costumer! Nice to know there's stateside peeps with similar interests out there! I still have trouble finding JBA fans, let alone anyone who knows what it is! Anyway, best of luck on finishing Ultimate IronMan! It was great reading about the progress of it while I worked on my own WarMachine for the MvC2 event we had at Megacon2004.

Speaking of which, I'd love to make a comic costume for next year's Megacon(or even Dragon*con if I finish in time); though I'm not sure who yet. Ah well. I've got a little over 325 days to think of it, right? XD

noriaki_kakyoui
03-26-2004, 12:30 PM
Oh, Makio... I must have pictures of your WarMachine. I would love to see it.

I'd actually like to do another mech for this halloween, but I'm focusing on the Ironman and the keyblades right now. But the mech was great fun.

Noriaki Kakyouin

Rel
05-15-2004, 09:57 AM
Anyone know where to get Cyclops' visor from??

Nietsche
05-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Wow..all this superhero lurve has made me wanna get Impulse done ...and Nate Grey...and a few other Marvel/DC heroes..

LLC
05-15-2004, 10:21 PM
Well, Emma Frost is a favorite of mine.

I keep telling myslef that I should do Storm one of these days and take advantage of all the SFx gear that I have accumulated for it.

Recently after playing around with magnetic gear Polaris looks fun also.

Cherry
05-16-2004, 12:17 AM
Mm. :X My friend did Emma. I can't post pictures yet, for copyright reasons. But I will!

lehni
05-16-2004, 07:38 AM
Yay Cyclops! Isn't he such a sweetie?! I wanna do animated series Mystique some time (mostly the same as classic comics Mystique, except more flattering lines for a mere mortal), but those full sclera yellow eyes are going to be a bitch! Kerry of maskon.com did it beautifully with a full latex face mask, but sadly I'm not so skilled >_< oh well.

I don't know if you can replace spandex/lycra/stretch fabric with anything, particularly for Phoenix, although there's been one Mystique dress in satin, I think it's nicer to do superheroes in spandex -- they're famous for it, after all!

Rel
05-18-2004, 09:49 AM
Out of curiosity I'm thinking of cosplaying Blink from the AoA storyline in X-Men. Would anyone know who I was going on about or am I going to spend alot of time on a costume only to have no one recognise me? ;)

Hitori
05-18-2004, 10:06 AM
Out of curiosity I'm thinking of cosplaying Blink from the AoA storyline in X-Men. Would anyone know who I was going on about or am I going to spend alot of time on a costume only to have no one recognise me? ;)

Well *I* would know who you were, but for other people, I think it really depends on what con you're at. If it's specifically a comic con, you should be recognized a lot!

Count Nunziata
05-18-2004, 05:40 PM
I got to work on the movie set of Hellboy, so I had been slowly swiping different pieces to Ron Perlman's costume as the production went on. Nothing fits, and it scares my wife and kids.

kelldar
05-18-2004, 05:53 PM
Rel - I would recognize it, too! That's a cool enough costume that I think people would like it whether they recognized it or not.
I'm doing AoA Shadowcat this year, I doubt many people will recognize me, but I'm not going to worry about it... I really want to do it! :B

Karisu-sama
05-18-2004, 08:12 PM
I had been slowly swiping different pieces to Ron Perlman's costume as the production went on. Nothing fits, and it scares my wife and kids.
*chortle* - Credulity alert.

Rel
05-18-2004, 08:52 PM
Rel - I would recognize it, too! That's a cool enough costume that I think people would like it whether they recognized it or not.
I'm doing AoA Shadowcat this year, I doubt many people will recognize me, but I'm not going to worry about it... I really want to do it! :B

I love AoA Shadowcat she's really cool :) MY favourite has to be Nightcrawler in that storyline though...the hair! The tattoo! *dissolves into a gibbering wreck of a fangirl*

The con I'm going to is a little bit of everything but if it had to have a theme it would be Lord of the Rings as most of the people they get are from that movie.

I think I might try it anyway....scare the natives by wandering round purple ;)

lehni
05-19-2004, 04:11 AM
Rel, I love the Rogue costume in your icon! The wig is perfect!

Rel
05-19-2004, 12:37 PM
Thank you lehni! :D

Quick question: What colour is Blinks hair, anyone got any ideas?? Depending on which comic site I'm looking at opnions seem to vary between purple, pink and red!

Hitori
05-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Rel ~ I always figured it to be pink. And I think that looks best with the purple skin anywho.^_^

LLC
05-20-2004, 04:24 PM
Emma Frost

http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v126/Whitequeen/White%20Queen/P5152163.jpg

Rel
05-25-2004, 08:17 AM
LLC- that's a really cool Emma Frost costume!

I am definately doing Blink, her early Exiles look (longish slightly wavier hair as opposed to her uber-long bizarrely colouring changing AoA hair).

zoinomiko
05-26-2004, 10:20 AM
I've been on a bit of a comic kick lately (understatement alert!), so I've got about a billion superhero costumes I want to make. *g* The short list:

Wonder Girl II (Young Justice and Teen Titans versions)
Spoiler
Robin IV (because I am apparently the only one in the world who actually likes Steph)
Anarky (well, HE thinks he's a hero)
Arrowette
Jesse Quick
Liberty Belle
Black Canary II
Zatanna
Black Cat (Ultimate version)

God, I'm such a DC whore. ^^;

Shastar
06-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Just flipping through the thread, and I'm noticing: no love for Independant comics!

Fortunatley, I've done Hellboy, You can check the pics out in my photo's gallery^_^

Oh, and i've been told repeatedly that I'd make a good Green Arrow (which I'm loving the comic at the moment^_^)

Big Danny T

topleka
06-05-2004, 10:58 AM
topleka = huge DC fan (although Marvel is starting to work its way in as well).

Robin would be a cool project, and I really wanna try for Hawkgirl or something, but the wings would be kinda hard, I think.

Scruffy Rebel
06-05-2004, 11:14 PM
I'm working on a Hawkgirl costume now actually. Just going to buy my wings. Found these beautiful ones that are just PERFECT...but they're also like 350 bucks, which is really hefty. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but I can only see me getting to wear the costume once, so that's a lot of money for one time. I'm making my mace, got a red wig since my hair is brown for another more important costume to me. The boots and the helmet/mask or the biggest conundrum right now. The boots I know I can do, but the helmet really has me stuck.

~Oracle

Sarcasm-hime
06-06-2004, 11:34 PM
Re: indie comics...I've wanted to do an Ivitye costume (from Finder, the best comic book you've never read) for awhile but fear that NOBODY would recognize it. -.-;;

Fatwetdog
06-07-2004, 02:25 AM
I've always wanted to do Retro Girl from Powers, and I've been toying with the idea of doing a Hawkgirl costume lately. I'd really like to do Luna Moth, but no one would recognize it. (From Michael Chabon's "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay" and his new graphic novel "The Escapist," which is based on his real novel.)

I was also thinking of Starfire from the Teen Titans cartoon. My boyfriend wanted me to cosplay Terra, but nothing on this green Earth gets me into yellow biker shorts. ^_^

topleka
06-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Cool, Oracle. I'd love to see the finished product. Especially the wings. ^-^

Fatwetdog, if you're up to the challenge, you could do Terra's armor instead. That's a pretty cool outfit. Teen Titans is a lot of fun. I'm tempted to try Blackfire sometime.

Sarcasm-hime
06-07-2004, 11:09 PM
Retro Girl would be really cool! XD I'd love to see a Powers group cosplay.

Jinyo
06-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Oracle,
A hawkgirl helmet sounds pretty tough. She's gone thru a few different designs. Do you want to have feathers on it, like the comic book, or make it look smoother like the cartoon? If you want to make it by sewing, you'll probably need a wire frame. Making a rigid helmet would be more precise, but more work. I'd recommend papier mache if you don't have access to any specialized equipment. It's slow, but it's really inexpensive.

Dementia
06-10-2004, 09:02 PM
One day I would love to cosplay BatGirl (the Yvonne Craig version) from the original live action show to Toronto Trek. She's one of my favourite characters as well as an all time favourite costume of mine. ^_^

Hey I don't come here as often as I should, but I did Yvonne Craig's Batgirl (she can never have too many fans!!) for Dragoncon last year and plan to do it again this year. If you want some tips or whatnot, or to see photos or.. well you know... drop me an e-mail at dementia (a) virtualdementia.com

SAME BAT TIME, SAME BAT CHANNEL!!!!

*grins*

sarabug
06-11-2004, 06:04 PM
i'm working on my dark phoenix costume at the moment, and of course i do dawn every year at Dragoncon, i've also got a poison ivy costume in the works, as well as julie from the maxx, eve and gunwitch from the nocturnals, and ghost from the darkhorse comic. i love comic books! and the variety of great costumes just waiting to be made!!!

nekhochan
06-26-2004, 12:10 AM
I am currently finishing up Zatanna from Everyday Magic. You can see it 75% done in my gallery. I just need a top hat, boots and the wig. All I'm really waiting on is the money to purchase those things. I have them scoped out on ebay already.

SephirothXer0
06-26-2004, 06:43 PM
I'm going to do a comic version of Batman this year for halloween, not the movie version (no resources for sculpting rubber ~_~) The only problem I see so far is the mask, I have no idea how to make it. I want to put lenses and all into it lol. Also, the batarang and a few other little gadgets to go into the belt. Hopefully I'll get it all done in time to terrorize the neighborhood pranksters by halloween >:D

Rel
06-27-2004, 07:31 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on how to make Nightcrawlers feet?

Haruko Tovar
06-29-2004, 01:22 AM
I did a project for a special fx make-up class where I did a version of the split fingers. The same principle may work with some obvious modifications. I may try to dig up some pics. Basically I started with a pair of latex gloves, tissue paper, liquid latex, a cheap paint brush, and talc. Doing one hand at a time, I put tissue paper in the crease between my index and middle finger (as well as the ring and pinky finger), coated this with latex and continued building up until I reached the desired shape and texture. Next, i put a small amount of latex in a dixie cup and added a very small amount of latex paint until I reached my desired color. Upon completion and drying, I applied a very small amount of talc to reduce tackiness. As long as you put talc inside the glove and take them off carefully, they last a decent amount of time. The feet should be able to be done using a pair of athletic socks . You may want to put a plastic bag (from the fruit and veggie aisle) over your foot first to avoid the headache from the seepage. A lot of time but produces a nice effect. Good luck, I am looking forward to working on my first true hero cosplay and hope to attend my first con next summer.

ACXchan
07-12-2004, 07:04 PM
I don't know how many Wildstorm fans we have here but I finally finished my Shen costume. I want to add more feathers to the wings, but I don't want them to be too big or I won't be able to squeeze my way through Comic Con @__@

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=165663

Jinyo
07-13-2004, 03:03 PM

Depends on how accurate you want them. You could sew an pair of oversized, two-finger gloves, then fill them out by stuffing them a little bit. I helped a friend do the same sort of thing for a pair of quick&dirty Yoda hands, it's pretty easy.

Jinyo
07-13-2004, 03:05 PM
I finally finished my Shen costume. I want to add more feathers to the wings, but I don't want them to be too big or I won't be able to squeeze my way through Comic Con @__@

Sweet!
Did you make the wings, or are you modding store-bought wings?

ACXchan
07-14-2004, 01:02 AM
I got the wings custom made but after trying them on and taking pictures they seem flatter on photos than they do irl so I'm thinking of adding some long pheasant feathers myself to make them look fuller ^ ^ I just hope I can sit in panels and not take up three chairs LOL.

And Sarcasm-hime, thanks for the comment on the Shen costume >.<! I think you have the skills and talent to pull off Angie *hint hint* XD

nekhochan
07-15-2004, 11:02 PM
Hey all, I just finished Zatanna. Sadly, it doesn't look like I'll be able to afford the boots before Wizard World, but lets hope for the best! If I can't, I'm doing heels instead.

:heart:

Sarcasm-hime
07-16-2004, 01:38 AM
I got the wings custom made but after trying them on and taking pictures they seem flatter on photos than they do irl so I'm thinking of adding some long pheasant feathers myself to make them look fuller ^ ^ I just hope I can sit in panels and not take up three chairs LOL.

And Sarcasm-hime, thanks for the comment on the Shen costume >.<! I think you have the skills and talent to pull off Angie *hint hint* XD

LOL! Well even if I didn't already have 5 million costumes on my to-do list.....I'm not sure I want to be covered head to toe in silver. XD But it's tempting. hehe

ayn*chan
07-16-2004, 03:55 AM

My friend that did Nightcrawler made them out of latex. Not sure on the details, but they look REALLY kickass. He even made little toe nails for them. I believe he made the hands the same way.

I've done Dark Phoenix, I plan on making Rachel Summer's variation of Dark Phoenix (the more recent version, the one WITHOUT that horrible looking mullet) and Batgirl.

grandis
07-19-2004, 11:21 AM
I'm going to plan for a Golden Age Wonder Woman for around Halloween time. I wanted to do something super hero and retro, beginning my prep for SDCC next year. :)

Grandis

ACXchan
07-22-2004, 02:46 AM
LOL! Well even if I didn't already have 5 million costumes on my to-do list.....I'm not sure I want to be covered head to toe in silver. XD But it's tempting. hehe

Awww... oh well I tried XD

sarabug
08-17-2004, 09:01 AM
i just finished my dark phoenix costume for dragoncon 2004!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/sarabug/darkphoenixcostumepage.jpg

Jinyo
08-17-2004, 01:01 PM
i just finished my dark phoenix costume for dragoncon 2004!

That looks great! Just add the evil, dark, eye makeup and you're ready to eat a sun!
Questions:
Will you be wearing colored contacts?
What did you make the sash clasp out of?
How did you do the boots? Are they like stockings, or did you cover a pair of shoes...

You look terrific!
I fear you already.

sarabug
08-17-2004, 01:23 PM
Questions:
Will you be wearing colored contacts?
What did you make the sash clasp out of?
How did you do the boots? Are they like stockings, or did you cover a pair of shoes...

*i'm not going to bother with the contacts, it'll be fine without them i think...plus they're expensive, and this has cost enough already!
*the clasp i hand sawed from a piece of brass, i filed it down with metal file the sanded it relentlessly till it was nice and shiny! then i just epoxied a pinback onto the back of it. it's my favorite part because i made it like a real piece of jewelry and will probably wear it as such often!
*for the boots, i just made the footies as part of the legs, and i have a pair of clear heels i'll be wearing over them....should be a neat effect...especially in photographs from a slight distance! hehehe

i'm glad you like it, thanks!

Sarcasm-hime
09-15-2004, 10:49 PM
Anybody out there doing or planning Legion of Superheroes (or just Legion now) costumes? I'm planning a Shikari costume at some point (used her as an excuse to buy pretty fabric...now I gotta get around to making her).

Jinyo
09-16-2004, 01:22 PM
for the boots, i just made the footies as part of the legs, and i have a pair of clear heels i'll be wearing over them....should be a neat effect...especially in photographs from a slight distance!

I saw pics of your Dark Phoenix at DCon (I think). It looked really good! and the boots worked well with the clear shoes, at least in the pix I saw.

william22378
09-16-2004, 05:19 PM
I'm going to plan for a Golden Age Wonder Woman for around Halloween time. I wanted to do something super hero and retro, beginning my prep for SDCC next year. :)

Grandis

how about Electra Woman & Dyna girl

they are form an old T.V. Show

Hikaruchan
09-17-2004, 08:18 PM
Anybody out there doing or planning Legion of Superheroes (or just Legion now) costumes? I'm planning a Shikari costume at some point (used her as an excuse to buy pretty fabric...now I gotta get around to making her).

I've had Shrinking Violet on my list for a couple of years. I really want to get at least one superhero costume done for next DragonCon.

Rel
10-04-2004, 06:48 PM
We did an X-Men cosplay group for Collectormania over the weekend. I was Storm and we had a Professor X (someone you don't see cosplayed very often!), a Nightcrawler and a Phoenix. (picture is attached)

I have to say the best thing about superhero cosplay is the reaction of any children you meet, generally it's reallt cute!

lehni
10-04-2004, 10:28 PM
We did an X-Men cosplay group for Collectormania over the weekend. I was Storm and we had a Professor X (someone you don't see cosplayed very often!), a Nightcrawler and a Phoenix. (picture is attached)

OMG OMG how much do I want to hug Charles??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the costume, it's so hard to make white spandex look good! I'm still in the process of making a mystique costume but I really need the wig... o_o

Rel
10-07-2004, 05:34 PM
OMG OMG how much do I want to hug Charles??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the costume, it's so hard to make white spandex look good! I'm still in the process of making a mystique costume but I really need the wig... o_o

Lol!

Yes...I have people on stand-by to hit me across the head next time I mention the words 'costume' and 'white spandex' in the same setence.

Oooh Mystiques definately a cool one...I managed to pick up a wig for her really, really cheaply after Halloween exactly the right orangey-red colour. So good luck on your wig quest hopefully you have similar luck!

mysticalchali
10-07-2004, 08:41 PM
Does Kim Possible count? She's kind of a super hero, in the sense that she fight's bad guys and saves the world....XD

ACXchan
10-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Dude the Professor X rocks XD That's a sweet group (even though I must admit I hate Phoenix as a character @D@) but double points for Xavier.

With Comic Con over I have another year to work on new costumes, been thinking between The Doctor (The Authority), Gambit (no people don't hate him right X3?), or a character from one of Brom's paintings. I still want to do a 1602 group ^ ^;

Rel
10-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Dude the Professor X rocks XD That's a sweet group (even though I must admit I hate Phoenix as a character @D@) but double points for Xavier.

With Comic Con over I have another year to work on new costumes, been thinking between The Doctor (The Authority), Gambit (no people don't hate him right X3?), or a character from one of Brom's paintings. I still want to do a 1602 group ^ ^;

I'd love to see a Gambit! He rocks immensely....our Nightcrawler from that group can usually be found cosplaying him but decided to do someone different for this group.

Hehehe...Xavier did rock immensely imho (I loved the eyebrows! Thought they were a great touch ;) ) and I'm with you in that Phoenix is definately not one of my favourite characters but my mate didn't want to wear a wig and has amazing long red hair which kinda limited her choice of characters.

1602 was also very cool! It'd be interesting to see a group from that

Hitori
10-17-2004, 11:55 PM
I'm dying to do a 1602 group. Tell mi when and where!

ACXchan
10-18-2004, 12:42 AM
Rel, was your group's Nightcrawler an X-Men Evo Gambit at Comic Con?

Hitori, I'd like to do a 1602 group for Comic Con 2005 in San Diego ^ ^ I've been thinking about doing Matthew or Pietro, the former because the blind bard bit just killed me and the latter because god he's a page, that's sexy XD Right now it sounds like only you and me are interested LOL, and maybe Rel X3

Rel
10-18-2004, 02:42 AM
Rel, was your group's Nightcrawler an X-Men Evo Gambit at Comic Con?

Hitori, I'd like to do a 1602 group for Comic Con 2005 in San Diego ^ ^ I've been thinking about doing Matthew or Pietro, the former because the blind bard bit just killed me and the latter because god he's a page, that's sexy XD Right now it sounds like only you and me are interested LOL, and maybe Rel X3

Nope that wasn't our Nightcrawler (who is under the firm belief Evo is the devil!)

Ooooh 1602 group ey? I will actually be attending Comiccon next year....oh don't tempt me ;)

ACXchan
10-18-2004, 03:03 AM
LOL they certainly turned X-Men Evo Gambit into the devil. I wasn't really happy with the way the series portrayed him but the Evo Gambit cosplayer did a nice job with her costume ^ ^

Where 1602 is concerned, the more the merrier! I don't think 1602 costumes can be all that recognizable unless there's a group of them, or you know... it's Doom X3

Hitori
10-18-2004, 03:03 PM

You're so on. I really want to do Pietro, but I can be... persuaded to be someone else. We should chat via IM or something, I believe you live in my area.

ACXchan
10-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Hitori, you can be Pietro if you want to do a 1602 group, my hope was just to have him in the group. Judging from your Nataku costumes I think you'd make a great Pietro XD I might do Archangel in his tan knickers if we end up having a 1602 X-Men group X3 I live in Los Angeles by the way, IM me at ACXchan anytime!

lehni
10-19-2004, 08:08 PM
I'm so jealous, I live all the way in Australia :( I want to do a 1602 Wanda at some point though. I'd love to see the group if you manage to pull it off! 1602!Pietro is sooo beautiful; OMG.

ACXchan
10-19-2004, 08:15 PM
Lehni you should do Wanda anyway, I'd love to see it. I totally agree with you 1602 Pietro is gorgeous X3 So was Archangel, I think I'll be doing him instead just for the pretty boy factor.

6suzieq9
10-19-2004, 09:24 PM
I could so be wonder woman! LOL
probably not... hehe

Hitori
10-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Oh yes Lehni, you should do Wanda regardless! And, show us of course.