PDA

View Full Version : phantasy star online

Ellie Vyle
01-16-2003, 01:05 AM
i'm looking for ideas on what to use for the glowing clear weapons that phantasy star online characters use. seran wrap is bad.....(guh can't make it stay put) anyway, is there any plastic or anything out there that i just don't know of? i'm running out of ideas....help!

Sciguy
01-16-2003, 06:31 PM
use one of the new lightsabers, I believe that they appear translucent and the blue ones look just like Brands. For non-saber weapons, I've no idea, sorry!

Nietsche
01-16-2003, 06:42 PM
you can get clear plastic folders of verious colours which are of flexible nature that can be cut with scissors...if you were planning on making small bladed weapons like the axe or daggers.
For the huge swords (not the sabres) I was thinking of nabbing some long clear plastic packaging that they sell curtain rails in and colouring that...I was hoping to get some thin fluorescent light tubes to go inside to make a neat glow effect but we shall see how feasable it is...maybe that HottWires(tm) stuff would work..hmm..

Resuka
01-17-2003, 05:20 PM
I'm using EL (electroluminescent) film cut into the shape I need, which is then sandwiched between two pieces of plexiglass for the Elysion and a Shot-type weapon.

Take a look at the 'Phantasy Star???' thread for more info on what other people are using in their PSO costumes ^_^

makio
01-18-2003, 01:59 AM
I'm pretty sure I could find all the 'neon' looking sheets or spraypaint at a hardware store, but if it's going to glow like some raver's glo'rope, then I'll probably snag something from a joke gift shop like Spencer's. Mad props (pun intended) to anyone who gets their prop weapons to pulsate varied light spectrum like Flowen's Sword!