PDA

View Full Version : (Second Annual) Centre Island Cosplay Picnic!

Elemental
06-01-2005, 12:13 AM
PHOTOS!

From Nancyboynoire: 25 photos
http://www.livejournal.com/users/nancyboynoire/78689.html#cutid1

From Stray_Wind: 105 photos
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rebecky@rogers.com/album?.dir=/1f63
Please credit/link to her site if you use her photos http://cosplay.out-break.net

From Thrikreen: 66 photos
http://www.animecafe.net/gallery/index.php?action=view&album=2&gallery=22

From Elemental: 184 photos
http://pics.livejournal.com/writerz_bloc/gallery/000071c0
Please credit "Elemental" if you use these photos.

Lone Wanderer: 51 pics
http://photobucket.com/albums/y170/LoneFuzzy/

Novaraven1: 30 pics
http://photobucket.com/albums/b51/novaraven2/cosplay%20gallery1/
Password: Raven

*MORE TO COME!!!*

Hey folks! Anime North is over and done with, so now it's time to plan for the event I'm looking forward to - the Centre Island Picnic! Want to see what the first one looked like? Check out the photos! (http://www.lelola.net/misc/cosplaypicnic/2004/index.shtml)

For those of you who remember last year, it will be remarkably similar save for one major change. We will NOT be running around the island as we did. Rather, we'll park on that wonderful large grassy knoll we attacked that's across from Centreville. From there, people can socialize, run off to the nearby gardens and fountains for photos, and snag a few Centreville rides. People who are late can find us easily, and there's less worry about travel for those who can't wear appropriate footwear.

Now, for the basic information! (Yay, cut and paste from last year!)
my text is pasted on yay1

The Second Annual Centre Island Cosplay Picnic!

When: JULY 2ND!
RAINDATE:July 30th

Where:
Centre Island and Wardís Island (theyíre connected). This includes the gardens, beaches, and Centreville. We can walk through Centreville without buying a pass, for those worried about money. ^^ And there is a petting zoo, filled with cute animals! And DUCKS!.

We are meeting at the docks, BEFORE you buy a ticket and enter to get on the ferry. We are meeting in front of the building that says "Ferry Docks". That's at the Toronto Ferry Docks at Bay Street and Queens Quay. Before the docks there are a few grassy knolls and trees, as well as a ticket booth that's normally not in use. Cosplayers are bright and colorful. If you're on time, it'll be hard to miss us.

Cost:
Ferry Cost is $3.50 for Students under 19 with a student card- and 6.00 for Adults. Children are $2.50. That includes the ride there and back.

Additional Stuff:

Cosplay is NOT a requirement! Everyone is welcome!

Extras:
There are snack bars throughout the island, fast food places within Centreville, and other areas in which you can spend money. HOWEVER- you can bring your own food and drinks, and not expect to pay anything other than the ferry fee.

Centreville passes are:

Individual ride pass:
Over 4' tall: $23.00
Children 4' and under: $16.50
Though you donít have to buy a pass to explore Centreville itself.
The Ferry will run from 8:00 am to 11:45 pm Thursday. The Picnic is expected to run from 11 am to 6:30 - 7 pm. Centreville closes at 5 pm.

Food:
Although this is being labelled as a picnic, itís not a potluck. Bringing enough food for even 15 to 20 people can be a hassle, and tastes can be an issue as well. We're looking at 50+ attendees, easily. Not to mention the fact no one wants to lug their food all the way to and around the island, and then lug their empty containers around with them for the rest of the day. Bring food and drinks for yourself. ^^

HOWEVER:

Blankets, beach balls, and random, shareable foodstuffs are always welcome. If thereís something you make that you want to share with the rest of us- by ALL means, do so! Just be aware that bringing food is not a requirement. And if you have something you think will add to the fun- bring it!

Safety:
Bring SUNSCREEN. No one likes being burnt, and you will. Try not to wear a costume thatís incredibly delicate, or has too many layers. Especially if itís all synthetic fibers. Itís easy to overheat. As well, being on an island means a COOL breeze and a significant drop in temperature at night. If youíre planning a bikini costume - bring a jacket.
If youíve lived under a rock all your life, do NOT plan on swimming. Specifically in Lake Ontario. Unless you LIKE being neon green.

And additionally: if you plan to go on the swans in Centreville, bring a towel. :thumbsup:

Photos:
This is a very loose photoshoot- there will be people there with cameras to take photos, many of whom are semi-professional (or at least darned good) So all you have to do is ASK. However, the emphasis of this is to cosplay and have fun, so there won't be any more specific "Ok, now YOUR turn" phototaking. Therefore, it's not necessary to have your photo taken (save for the giant group shots of doom) and if you want some nice shots of you outdoors and without brutal yellow indoor lighting, just ask the people with the cameras!

Directions:
The Toronto Ferry Docks is located at the foot of Bay Street and Queens Quay, just West of the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel.

Directions by TTC
From Union Station take the 509 Harbourfront or the 510 Spadina streetcar south to the Bay and Queen's Quay Stop.

Alternately, take the Bay Bus #6 southbound from the corner of Front and Bay to the Bay and Queen's Quay stop.

Really Alternately, exit Union onto Bay Street and walk South to Queens Quay. (it's a short walk, about 10-15 minutes)

The entrance to the ferry docks is on the south side of the street, just east of the Westin Harbour Castle hotel. Thereís a large, glowing, blinking sign that will advertise the island. Itís hard to miss.

I donít drive, so these directions I can do little with (theyíre from the website).

I honestly suggest taking the TTC. Itís easier, and considering how difficult parking downtown is, never mind how expensive, it really is the better route.

Walk / Drive
Main entrance at foot of Bay St on Queens Quay. Enter through park and enter via walkway between Harbour Castle Westin Hotel and Harbour Castle condominiums. Parking is available 1 block north at Lakeshore and Bay, 1 block west on Queens Quay between Bay and York Sts, 1 block east opposite Toronto Star building adjacent to Captain Johns restaurant.

Maps and More info:
Ferry Service
http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/parks/island/ferry.htm
Island Information
http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/parks/island/index.htm
The Islandís Gardens:
http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/parks/phogal/garden_photo.htm

Other Points:
There will NOT be any BBQ or Fire at this picnic, for 2 reasons. Firstly, costumes and wigs do not do well next to open fire sources, and open flames around a group of hyper teens is normally a bad plan to start with.
Secondly, it requires a $53 dollar permit.

Edit/snip

A date has been chosen!

[B]PLAN TO ATTEND? GOOD!

RSVP!

Send an e-mail, telling me that you, and how many of your friends are coming, so I have a general idea of how large this is going to be. Last year I was expecting about 35 people and ended up with almost 70. I wouldn't be surprised with 100 this year, and I need to notify the island and possibly look into a permit if we do breach those numbers.

EMAIL ME. DO NOT PM OR COMMENT HERE (well commenting here is ok, but for all that is holy e-mail me too!) at

[B]tcpicnic@gmail.com

If you have parental units who are unsure (As I dealt with last year) feel free to have them contact me. ^^ Iím good at soothing fears and being responsible.

If you're interested in being a photographer, please mention it in your RSVP.

Please, for the love of god, RSVP! Hope to hear from you soon. ^^ :bigtu:

....now, let the planning begin!

Mekou
06-01-2005, 12:56 AM
Unforunately myself and Ochika will probably not be in Ontario until after July 10th. <_< But we planned to wait until after canada day anyway. ^^ So maybe we would be able to stay for one more day...

Skulduggery
06-01-2005, 02:21 AM
At the moment, I'm good with either dates~ Yay for no longer working on Saturdays! ^________^

Ochika
06-01-2005, 05:25 PM
me and mekou will be busy scaring people in montreal in our costumes ;~; so after the 10th would be great for us >_>

hikarilight
06-01-2005, 05:57 PM
Oohh~ sounds interesting ^^ Since I missed the first one, I'm definitely coming to this one~

The dates should pretty good to me, not a problem ^^

Seed-chan
06-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Generally any date on the weekend is good for me. I'm so in =D

Sending an email now...? XD

Kaijugal
06-01-2005, 06:12 PM
I'd like to come again, but there is a very good chance that Myself, Ikegami and Sarcasm-Hime will be in Chicago for G-Fest the weekend of July 8-10th. :(

It would be a shame if we had to miss it. I vote for the second annual old people's merry-go-round photo shoot and bumper car deathmatch ! XD

P.S. Don't sink the swanboats! :)

Error
06-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Weeeeell! I was there last year, so I'd love to be there again this year. I'm only not available in mid-July (13th-19th to be specific) so if the date does end up being early July, I will definitely be able to make it, and hopefully the people I came with last year will also come.

And maybe I'll actually cosplay this year.

Tell me there's gonna be Red Rover again. :D

Chibik3r0
06-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Personally, neither the 2nd (town festival) nor the 9th (moving) are good for me. But if I am able to go, I likely won't wear a costume seeing as my costumes are all hot/layers so don't consider my post too much of a concern ^_^

kels
06-01-2005, 08:00 PM
if i can make it ill come too!!! *clings on to hikarilight..*
im so going to get lost.. -____________-

lainey
06-01-2005, 08:14 PM
i wouldn't be able to make the second...gone camping! but mm..isn't it bad to plan it on a long weekend? lots of family events and stuff u know ^_^

hikarilight
06-01-2005, 09:07 PM
if i can make it ill come too!!! *clings on to hikarilight..*
im so going to get lost.. -____________-

Don't worry *pats* I might get a little lost but better than nothing ne ^^;;

Elemental
06-01-2005, 09:20 PM
It will be hard to get lost, as we'll be at the centreville as a large group- and all the signage on the island can point you where to go.

And we all meet up to take the ferry across together anyway, so as long as you're not late, we'll be fine. :D

kels
06-02-2005, 07:12 AM
i meant getting lost on the way there.. LOL.. TT_TT oh well~
nantoku naru sa~~

hikarilight
06-02-2005, 05:25 PM
i meant getting lost on the way there.. LOL.. TT_TT oh well~
nantoku naru sa~~

Don't worry, we won't get lost ^^

Sarcasm-hime
06-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Dammit, I need a costume I can run around in. :P All mine are too fancy or too hot, or both. Or they're wayyy too skimpy. *lol*

Edgar Strife
06-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Sounds like fun and it'll be my first time comming to this cosplay picnic. The 2 or 9 of July is ok with me. I'll send my RSVP once I get a chance.

Elemental
06-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Sarcasm: Now you have an excuse for a *new* costume!
*ducks thrown sewing machine*

Kels: if you can get to Union Station, you can get to the island. It's really very easy. ^^

Edgar: Great! I'll see you there!

Mekou
06-02-2005, 08:49 PM
So....is is still going to be on the 2nd/9th? Quite a few people have said they'd prefer other dates....>_>

YukiPhnx
06-02-2005, 08:52 PM
those dates are fine with me. any day on a weekend is good, actually.

Elemental
06-02-2005, 09:02 PM
As things stand- the 2nd has been confirmed. Most of the people on my end (not on Cosplay.com) have said the 9th is out, the 16th is Toronto Trek. The Cosplay BBQ is looking to be moving to August, so we have that weekend as a possible raindate.

Apologies to those who won't be able to attend, but as these things go, there's always someone who can't attend for their schedule.
So;

THE DATE HAS BEEN SET FOR JULY 2ND.

The Raindate will be set when the Cosplay BBQ is decided.

See you there! Don't forget to RSVP!

kels
06-03-2005, 05:16 PM
thats actually really good for me.. puhahaha!
cept for i think me and ochika and blah people are going to
be somewhat drained from the day before~~ wee~

hikarilight
06-03-2005, 05:33 PM
That sounds great~ <3 <3

Archy Jupiter
06-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Awesome! I'll see if I can come. :D

- Archy

Ayumi Nemoto
06-08-2005, 01:29 PM
I can't wait to see everyone again and meet new people ^^ I'm so going to get lost (both intentionally and unintentionally) XD Approx what time does this event usually end? *doesn't want to be stranded in DownTown* >.<

Lyulf
06-08-2005, 03:13 PM
^_^ I'm hoping I can make it, I am working on persuading my other half, she doesn't cosplay :( but she lets me :D

kels
06-08-2005, 03:47 PM
I can't wait to see everyone again and meet new people ^^ I'm so going to get lost (both intentionally and unintentionally) XD Approx what time does this event usually end? *doesn't want to be stranded in DownTown* >.<

its ok.. well get lost.. together! maha.. hahha.. @_@..

btw.. ayumi has made eyes become.. seme.. LOL~~~~

Elemental
06-08-2005, 05:46 PM
We start at 11 and meet at the docks, we finish... aroundish 5. People start leaving in small groups. There's a chance there will be fireworks (I'm still checking on that) Which means I'm going to try to stay late with some friends to view them. But don't worry, there's no set 'end' so feel free to leave whenever and with whomever. :D

Seed-chan
06-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Oooooh... fireworks *_________*

Out of curiosity, how many people have RSVPed?

Elemental
06-08-2005, 06:34 PM
*ahem*

NOT ENOUGH!

I'm serious folks, please RSVP. If you haven't recieved a reply from me, then you RSVP isn't in my mailbox. :P I really need a solid idea of the numbers, so if you're coming, take three seconds and e-mail me with "I'm coming!"

I have a working list of approx 10 people. I KNOW more than that are coming. XD

RSVP!

(And for those who asked me last year, again, it means to send an e-mail to TCpicnic@gmail.com and let me know you're attending this event. Also, my name is Amanda. Not Pan, Miss Pan-Chan or LELOLA, nor Archy (Don't ask). )

...though I'll still answer to anything but 'mother'

Squall1882
06-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Can't 100% confirm I'll be there... but since I live walking distance to the Ferry Docks now, it's a good possibility!! I'll have to see what that weekend brings...

TheWestWind
06-09-2005, 10:36 PM
I'll be there! Not 100% on how to get through public transport, but I'll be there!

Elemental
06-09-2005, 10:44 PM
*pokes WW*
Where are you coming from? I can give you explicit directions if I know.

(Is anyone else worried about TTC directions?)

Kia
06-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Boo ... I want to come, but I don't think I can take any more saturday's off work. :(
I'll get back to you a.s.a.p. if it looks like things might change. ^_^

Songstress_Yuna
06-12-2005, 03:04 AM
Im going for sure ^^ Prolly bringing 2-3 ppl with me. Wee!!! Fun. I wish, I knew the raindate to book offa work though. =(

Kawaii Akina
06-12-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm hopefully could make this one. I've first gotta see what I'm doing on the 2nd and if I'm not then I'll send you an RSVP ^^ Though I don't think I'll be in costume though ^^;;

TheWestWind
06-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Elemental - I'm coming from Richmond Hill. The only thing I know how to do with public transport is to get from my house to downtown, lol... Which is pretty close to where I needa get - do I just take the subway down? Is one of the stops really close to Centre Island? I might just need walking directions...

Seed-chan
06-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Elemental - I'm coming from Richmond Hill. The only thing I know how to do with public transport is to get from my house to downtown, lol... Which is pretty close to where I needa get - do I just take the subway down? Is one of the stops really close to Centre Island? I might just need walking directions...
I'll meet up with you at Finch ^^

This goes out to everyone: A bunch of us are gonna meet up at Finch Station at 10 (in front of Timmy's!) , so if anyone along the Yonge Line subway route wants to come with, they can let me know, and we can pick you up at one of the stations.

Kawaii Akina
06-12-2005, 04:37 PM
WestWind your going? I'm still trying to get my mom to let me go ^^;;

Edgar Strife
06-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Just wondering, who will be cosplaying as who at the picnic? I'm going as Suberu Sumeragi either from Tokyo Babylon or from X/1999 movie.

Straywind
06-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Just wondering, who will be cosplaying as who at the picnic? I'm going as Suberu Sumeragi either from Tokyo Babylon or from X/1999 movie.

This is an awesome opportunity to take nice photos of our costumes in a scenic setting under natural lighting. I'm going to wear my Nana (+Anima) costume which I've only worn once before (on Saturday of MTAC). I really need to get some nice photos of that costume. (^^) I'm going to die from the heat of being in a black dress, but to be part of a +Anima Cosplay group, it's worth it. (^_^)

hikarilight
06-12-2005, 06:38 PM

The costumes I have, I don't want to wear to this, so I'm going to make a new one. I was going to make Yuuri with his purple cape from Kyou Kara Maou but considering of the heat that's happening recently, I don't think it's a good idea, plus money is an issue, even though I'm making everything out of broadcloth, for my NAF and CNA costumes. If that doesn't work (I still want to wear Yuuri), I started making Ritsuka from Loveless, a scene in the manga with him in summer clothes. I thought that would be more sensible and cost less since I have the fabric I need except the shorts, ears and tail that I'll be making. That and the visor needs to be bought since I have a beige one and the one I want is white to match the shirt.

Decisions, decisions... if that doesn't work, I can take the same outfit for Ritsuka and put Ryoma in it... *sighs*

TheWestWind
06-12-2005, 10:50 PM
heh... Uchiha Sasuke will probably be my summer costume for a few reasons...
1. It's the coolest costume I'll have considering it's summer
2. I cut my hair for it and now my hair won't fit many of my costumes

So Sasuke it is for Centre Island!

Jo_Canadian
06-13-2005, 12:43 AM
im prolly gonna cosplay terry bogart from KOF...easie to make and wont be all that warm....its sleveless

Kawaii Akina
06-13-2005, 05:12 PM
If I go which I probably know by this week or weekend, I will go as my Naruto costume since that's my first costume and will be done for it ^^

Nancyboynoire
06-13-2005, 06:38 PM
BUwah. Been waiting for this announcement. ^-^

July 2nd eh? I'll be there. I booked it off work ( so you better not change the raindate on me. Bring an umbrella folks. *waggles fist* )

I think... I'm going as Link in his Lobster shirt ! the sandy beaches, the boat it's all so appropriate! *laughs*

YukiPhnx
06-13-2005, 10:37 PM
yay! i rsvp-ed! i think about 2 or 3 more of my friends will be coming along too..........

lainey
06-14-2005, 10:52 AM
since i'm no longer going camping...i might just be slotting myself in ^_^

kels
06-14-2005, 07:29 PM
westwind: steph~~~ go down to finch and meet up with the other steph with kelly!!
hikari: lols.. i was considering going as ritsuka too~ LOL

*has no idea what to wear*

if not.. i guess ill just make stellars civillian outfit, minus the wig~?
*needs to find one..~*

its ok.. i still have 2 weeks.. i can figure something out~~

Elemental
06-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Update

The raindate has been set as the 30th of July, as long as there's nothing I'm not aware of already happening that weekend.

We are meeting at the docks, BEFORE you buy a ticket and enter to get on the ferry, at 11am. We are meeting in front of the building that says "Ferry Docks". That's at the Toronto Ferry Docks at Bay Street and Queens Quay. Before the docks there are a few grassy knolls and trees, as well as a ticket booth that's normally not in use. Cosplayers are bright and colorful. If you're on time, it'll be hard to miss us.

For instructions for what we'll do at the picnic, how to meet us, and anything else, check out the first post or our website (of which I love Pan for) which is here: TCPicnic Website (http://www.lelola.net/misc/cosplaypicnic/2005/index.shtml)

hikarilight
06-14-2005, 08:09 PM
westwind: steph~~~ go down to finch and meet up with the other steph with kelly!!
hikari: lols.. i was considering going as ritsuka too~ LOL

*has no idea what to wear*

if not.. i guess ill just make stellars civillian outfit, minus the wig~?
*needs to find one..~*

its ok.. i still have 2 weeks.. i can figure something out~~

I'm meeting with you guys too, though that's a given already ^^;;

That's just ironic o_0;; I really want to do Yuuri, so that's my first choice, then it's Ritsuka XD Maybe I can ring you in as someone from KKM *puppy dog eyes* I want a Wolfram :3 But since you lack wig, you can be Gwendal XD

I want to make Shin's civillian outfit, the one when he's 12, not the ugly one we see now ==;; (I feel like making it for this now.. ==;; )

HidoshiNobunaga
06-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Just a quick question... What /time/ will we be gathering, if any?

Songstress_Yuna
06-15-2005, 05:10 AM
Aye..You guys picked the worst raindate for me...I wont be able to go if it's set to July 30th >_> Im really hopin it doesn't rain..

Oh & I'll be wearing a new orignal EGL ^^;;

kels
06-15-2005, 05:28 AM
I'm meeting with you guys too, though that's a given already ^^;;

That's just ironic o_0;; I really want to do Yuuri, so that's my first choice, then it's Ritsuka XD Maybe I can ring you in as someone from KKM *puppy dog eyes* I want a Wolfram :3 But since you lack wig, you can be Gwendal XD

I want to make Shin's civillian outfit, the one when he's 12, not the ugly one we see now ==;; (I feel like making it for this now.. ==;; )

lols~~
you can be my shinn again~ muha..~~
btw.. the 30th is really far away.. but i dont seem to be having any problems with the rain date..
lets just hope that it doesnt rain on the 2nd~

Elemental
06-15-2005, 09:04 AM
We're meeting up at 11AM at the Centre Island docks.

The 30th IS far. That's because the 9th was no good a raindate for half my friends (And I'm allowed to be biased since I'm running it), the 16th is Toronto Trek, and the 23 is NAF. I didn't want to run against any of those events.

*knocks on wood* But I don't want rain in any case.

Chosuke
06-15-2005, 03:00 PM
I think I'll be wearing raito..

hikarilight
06-15-2005, 04:54 PM
lols~~
you can be my shinn again~ muha..~~

Maybe I shall be... It would probably be more comfy than black plus I love the hat, which is one of the reasons why I want to make it <3

I'm obsessed with Destiny right now.. and yes, I still like Shinn even more now after that episode with Stellar <3

Seed-chan
06-15-2005, 08:41 PM
I'll be going as Natsumi from Getbackers... but I might have a "special" second costume (that I can put over it)... if I can finish that second costume >____0.

Second costume=surprise!!!

kels
06-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Maybe I shall be... It would probably be more comfy than black plus I love the hat, which is one of the reasons why I want to make it <3

I'm obsessed with Destiny right now.. and yes, I still like Shinn even more now after that episode with Stellar <3

lols~ weirdo ^_^*~.. i see youre into THAT kind of stuff.. haha

anyway.. so i guess im going as stellar~ then well have another mini gseedd group! >>ayumi: commander lacus

.. just reminded myself.. i had a dream.. *vaguely remembers it..*.. but lacus was.. not. .human? it was like.. l.a.c.u.s... lols.. aHH ok im crazy.. *the effect before the two exams i will be writing in oh.. lets say about 3 hours? LOL..

anyway.. just wondering.. did you guys want us to bring anything in particular? *other than of course, camera, water..*

hikarilight
06-16-2005, 05:06 PM
lols~ weirdo ^_^*~.. i see youre into THAT kind of stuff.. haha

anyway.. so i guess im going as stellar~ then well have another mini gseedd group! >>ayumi: commander lacus

.. just reminded myself.. i had a dream.. *vaguely remembers it..*.. but lacus was.. not. .human? it was like.. l.a.c.u.s... lols.. aHH ok im crazy.. *the effect before the two exams i will be writing in oh.. lets say about 3 hours? LOL..

Into what stuff... T_________T

Wai~ Mini Destiny group *thumbs up* I guess my costume is finally set and it gives me something to do inbetween my exams so that I won't get bored XD

What kind of dream is that... ==;;

kels
06-18-2005, 12:31 AM
Into what stuff... T_________T

Wai~ Mini Destiny group *thumbs up* I guess my costume is finally set and it gives me something to do inbetween my exams so that I won't get bored XD

What kind of dream is that... ==;;

lols.. nothing~ =X.. muha~~

but yes.. you shouldnt be making costumes inbetween exams.. tsk tsk..
even tho i do it myself.. T_T..

just wondering.. but what exactly are we going to do there?
its been.. a long time since ive gone to centre island and i have no idea what there is to do~

hikarilight
06-18-2005, 12:52 AM
lols.. nothing~ =X.. muha~~

but yes.. you shouldnt be making costumes inbetween exams.. tsk tsk..
even tho i do it myself.. T_T..

its been.. a long time since ive gone to centre island and i have no idea what there is to do~

It's not like I'm going to study from the moment I wake up to when I sleep... that's definitely too much. Yes, don't be a hypocrite XD And I was thinking on starting Kira since I have a shitload of red fabric from a year ago o_0;;

Probably just randomly hanging around, phototaking and if you want rides?

kels
06-18-2005, 07:17 PM
nyaaa.. kira~~~~ lols.. i should be studying too.. oh wells.. omg.. schools almost over.. so excited<< off topic~~

i saw we bring food~.. lol!

Elemental
06-18-2005, 07:36 PM

We go to picnic and photoshoot, so the standard photo-taking, socializing and eating occour. There's Centreville with some rides, and other things like bike rentals as well.

kels
06-19-2005, 08:13 AM
We go to picnic and photoshoot, so the standard photo-taking, socializing and eating occour. There's Centreville with some rides, and other things like bike rentals as well.

LOL.. bike rentals.. for some reason i cant pictureeveryone biking/cosplaying ^_^;;

Squall1882
06-19-2005, 09:03 AM
Ahahahahahah.. a cosplay rental pattle boat conga line!!

Jo_Canadian
06-19-2005, 02:12 PM
*pictures squall and himself standing on the rental boats swinging oars at each other with the cheap star trek dual music playing over a loud speaker*......and one giant step on mankind

Jo_Canadian
06-20-2005, 11:45 PM
umm i need to know something...amanda you spoke of fireworks...will there be any?

Squall1882
06-21-2005, 01:26 AM
LOL.. bike rentals.. for some reason i cant pictureeveryone biking/cosplaying ^_^;;

Ahahahah.. wouldn't it be funny if a lot of people dressed up like characters from Mario Cart and had a photoshoot while on the bumper cars (closest thing they have to go-carts there).. ahahhahaha.. I just had a mental image and thought I'd share!!

Don't they rent the four person bikes there too??

Hmmm.. fireworks... interesting....

Edgar Strife
06-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Ahahahah.. wouldn't it be funny if a lot of people dressed up like characters from Mario Cart and had a photoshoot while on the bumper cars (closest thing they have to go-carts there).. ahahhahaha.. I just had a mental image and thought I'd share!!

Don't they rent the four person bikes there too??

Hmmm.. fireworks... interesting....

From what I remember, they do have bike rental for 1,2,3 or 4 ppl on one bike and they even have those car bikes [Its a four seater car but you peddle it like a bike to move it.] Quick question, does anyone have alleriges toward cookies? Reason I'm asking is because I'm going to try to bring chocolate chip cookies from work and I wanted to see if its ok with everyone for the picnic. [Better be safe then sorry] That's all I wanted to know and I hope to see everyone there.

kuko-chan
06-21-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm thinking of going, but I want to convince some friends as well before I give a confirmation. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Nancyboynoire
06-22-2005, 12:53 AM
Ah if your making cookies make sure they're 100% nut free. lol

I'm just allergic to peanuts ( and even then, it's not lethal just annoying. ) but I'm sure there will be someone there with some kind of nut allergy, the last thing we need is three people dropping to the floor because they glomped a cosplayer who had traces of nuts on his face and fingers (hey it happened at Anime North2003. lol )

I think I may bring some jumbo freezes like I did last year hot weather, potentially hot costumes... XD

Edgar Strife
06-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Ah if your making cookies make sure they're 100% nut free. lol

I'm just allergic to peanuts ( and even then, it's not lethal just annoying. ) but I'm sure there will be someone there with some kind of nut allergy, the last thing we need is three people dropping to the floor because they glomped a cosplayer who had traces of nuts on his face and fingers (hey it happened at Anime North2003. lol ) XD

Thanks for letting me know Nancyboynoire and I'll make sure they are 100% nut free.

majekili
06-22-2005, 11:48 AM
YAAAAAAAY! WOOOO! PICNIC! DUCKS! FUN! I'm doing to be going, probably. I'll bring some pretzels or something :)

novaraven1
06-22-2005, 02:48 PM
YAAAAAAAY! WOOOO! PICNIC! DUCKS! FUN! I'm doing to be going, probably. I'll bring some pretzels or something :)

I'm definitely coming now, don't know if I'll have a costume for lack of funds, but I'll be there with my camera! What time are people showing up? I don't know if I'll be able to find this grassy knoll very well if things are all random.

Elemental
06-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Oh for... Let's try this again since people are still asking the same questions:

Update

The raindate has been set as the 30th of July.

We are meeting at the docks, BEFORE you buy a ticket and enter to get on the ferry, at 11am. We are meeting in front of the building that says "Ferry Docks". That's at the Toronto Ferry Docks at Bay Street and Queens Quay. Before the docks there are a few grassy knolls and trees, as well as a ticket booth that's normally not in use. Cosplayers are bright and colorful. If you're on time, it'll be hard to miss us.

For instructions for what we'll do at the picnic, how to meet us, and anything else, check out the first post (http://forums.cosplay.com/showpost.php?p=1065705&postcount=1) or our website (of which I love Pan for) which is here: TCPicnic Website (http://www.lelola.net/misc/cosplaypicnic/2005/index.shtml)

Ochika
06-23-2005, 07:34 PM
ok well i cant get the day off cause like 4 people already booked off the weekend, but i talked to my boos today and if its not too busy i ca leave at like 1 ish, which means i could get to center island around 2-3 >_>;;

kels
06-24-2005, 09:45 AM
ok well i cant get the day off cause like 4 people already booked off the weekend, but i talked to my boos today and if its not too busy i ca leave at like 1 ish, which means i could get to center island around 2-3 >_>;;

you better come anyway~

Kia
06-24-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm scheduled to work from 11am-3pm next saturday, so it looks like I won't be able to make it ... :waaaah:
Sorry! But hopefully I'll see people at the other picnic this summer. ^_^
Have fun everyone!

Ochika
06-24-2005, 10:40 PM
WOO ^_^ i looked at my shedule for next week and guess what... I HAVE SAT OFF ^_^ my boss said i wouldnt be able to...BUT HA!! so ya im gona be cosplay sanzo with Scoti's Homura and MAYBEamy's Shien ^_^ I NEED A LACKY!!

Mekou
06-24-2005, 10:52 PM
I'm not sure what I'll wear, but most likely something new, really cheap & easy and obscure. XD

But that's just my plan right now.

Jo_Canadian
06-25-2005, 12:12 AM
oki-chan, i was wondering if you would let me borrow your ino wig. i need a long blonde wig...and your the only one i know with one

lainey
06-25-2005, 11:58 AM
weeee...i think i'll be going ^_^ ^_^

neekabe
06-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Finished (and started...) my dress today! Yay for getting the hard things done ahead of time, for once :rolleyes:

How many of you are going to be changing at the picnic? (is there a place to change around there?) I'm probably gonna be coming in on VIA train so I'm not quite sure about wearing my costume to travel :p

Elemental
06-25-2005, 11:59 PM
There are places to change at the island, and befre you get on the Ferry. If you arrive with enough time, bug me and I'll let you into where I work to change. :D

Squall1882
06-26-2005, 12:40 AM
KK Amanda I'm RSVPing ahahahahahaha....

Kawaii Akina
06-26-2005, 12:45 AM
Yup. I just RSVP right now ^^ Hope that's okay enough of what I wrote in the pm ^^;;

Elemental
06-26-2005, 01:11 AM
PLEASE RSVP to the E-mail address, because I need to have them all together in ONE place, and this allows me to mass message evryone who HAS RSVPd directly before the picnic about any changes that have been made and a detailed list of instructions. its also good for letting people that the picnic is cancelled due to rain, as occoured last year.

It ONLY takes a second. Please, toss an e-mail saying you (And BLANK number of friends) are coming to

tcpicnic@gmail.com

Thanks.

lainey
06-26-2005, 09:57 AM
Just out of curiousity! Can you give a notice of how many people have RSVP'd?

Kawaii Akina
06-26-2005, 10:45 AM
Okay, I RSVP through the email. Sorry about the pm ^^;;

neekabe
06-26-2005, 12:13 PM
There are places to change at the island, and befre you get on the Ferry. If you arrive with enough time, bug me and I'll let you into where I work to change. :D

Thanks ^_^

Right now it looks like I'll either be there at 8:30 or 11:10...
*pokes via* Come on, where's a nice 10 something train or something =P

Elemental
06-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Approximate total of RSVP's (Approx since I have many messages of "Hey< i'm coming with 3-5 friends!) And erring on the LOWER side of estimation, we have 50 RSVPs.

Going by last year, we'll likely have 100 people show up.

YukiPhnx
06-26-2005, 08:20 PM
wow so many ppls! i can't wait!

TheWestWind
06-26-2005, 09:55 PM
A bunch of us are meeting inside Finch Station to take the subway there! So far we have Seed-chan, Hikarilight, Katsuyuki_Shiro, Kels, Kawaii_Akina, and me!

If anyone else wants to come, we're meeting inside in the middle where the ticket booths are at 10:00 am!

Heh.. This week I'll try to be there, lol!

Archy Jupiter
06-26-2005, 11:20 PM
Okay, I've finally confirmed that I am indeed coming to this most hip and modern picnic! Woohoo! I don't know what I'm cosplaying as, but either way, I'm sure this'll be a fun trip! :D

RSVPing... NOW~! *poof* ;)

- Archy

LoneWanderer
06-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Due to shear laziness (from working on CN's cosplay) I've decided to keep simple and do Mido Ban from Getbackers hmm I think my friend is doing Ginji Amano and maybe even Ryudo Hishiki (undead super gangster dude that just won't go down?)

so ya....... I know I am coming for sure almost but Not tooooo sure about the other two...

LoneWanderer
06-27-2005, 12:28 AM
OMG BTW umm for those that know me does anyone know how I can get my hair up

or actually can anyone tell me the STRONGEST gel/spray/wax/WHATEVER that can get my hair up like Ban's?

thx^^

Elemental
06-27-2005, 12:33 AM
got2b glued Water Resistant Spiking Glue.
IS godly.

You can get it at Shopper's, or a salon, though Salon's are pricier. ^^ Expect to pay a bit, its more expensive than other brands, but its WELL worth it, and a little goes a long way.

LoneWanderer
06-27-2005, 12:55 AM
hmm hey did you see me at the naruto photoshoot if you did you would know the length of my hair you sure it will work?

(if you forgot here is my current hair length basically covers face http://www.lelola.net/misc/photoshoots/naruto2005/photos/naruto72.jpg)

Alexia Ishtar
06-27-2005, 11:40 AM
:waaaah: Why must it be in July? I really want to go *stupid Summer School*

kels
06-27-2005, 12:59 PM
.. but its on a saturday.. oh wells.. kels = wearing her incomplete civillian stellar right now.. and my mom is saying how im insane and how she wont let me wear it to this gathering.. although i probably will and *of course* it will be completed~.. but GAHH.. 50 people.. is alot.. o_o..

Squall1882
06-27-2005, 08:17 PM
got2b glued Water Resistant Spiking Glue.
IS godly.

You can get it at Shopper's, or a salon, though Salon's are pricier. ^^ Expect to pay a bit, its more expensive than other brands, but its WELL worth it, and a little goes a long way.

Get it from Walmart... it's only $4.96.... it's $6.99 or $7.99 at other places... aha I love the stuff use it every day, that and flexible hairspray... weee soo many chemicals!!

I'm rushing to make a Ragnarok Online Sniper costume... wish me luck!! two nights left to work on it before I go away for Canada day!! ahahahahah.. going crazy

YukiPhnx
06-27-2005, 10:28 PM
hooray! archy-kun's coming! this picnic is going to be so fun ^_^

ne ne lonewanderer-kun, did you kno Seed-chan is cosplaying Natsumi too?

TheWestWind
06-27-2005, 10:35 PM
Are there gonna be any Naruto cosplayers? As much as I sometimes like being the only one, sometimes it's fun to have other characters, lol!

And is anyone taking the subway from Finch? I know I said this before, but we're meeting at 10:00am in the middle of the station where you pay for the subway and all.

Straywind
06-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Are there gonna be any Naruto cosplayers? As much as I sometimes like being the only one, sometimes it's fun to have other characters, lol!

Considering how many Naruto Cosplayers attend every con and the sheer number of people coming to this event, I highly doubt you'll be the only Naruto Cosplayers in attendance. lol I wouldn't worry about it. (^_^)

Kawaii Akina
06-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Don't worry TheWestWind .. I'll be going as Naruto hehe ^^;; I so can't wait till Saturday though now

YukiPhnx
06-28-2005, 12:00 AM
Considering how many Naruto Cosplayers attend every con and the sheer number of people coming to this event, I highly doubt you'll be the only Naruto Cosplayers in attendance. lol I wouldn't worry about it. (^_^)

haha, well said kagome-chan

Kaido Kaoru
06-28-2005, 12:59 AM
hmm hey did you see me at the naruto photoshoot if you did you would know the length of my hair you sure it will work?

(if you forgot here is my current hair length basically covers face http://www.lelola.net/misc/photoshoots/naruto2005/photos/naruto72.jpg)

Ello it is I Choji....er I mean Krisitn...

I WILL be attending the picnic centre island thing...

I'm meeting up with TheWestWind and Naruto (forgot your screen name) early JUST to do their hair.....

It is my passion....now got2b Glued hurts when your putting it on dry hair...it says to do it while its damp but for the BEST results do it on dry hair....

So if you like Chris you can come along with Sasuke and Naruto and I'll do your hair for you too....if you want! That is....I'll get it to stay probably...

I'll have time to spare since I'm going as Kaido theres NO prep work!!! YAY!!!

ALSO to Sasuke and Naruto what time did you guys wanna meet up at and where...email me since my comp is shatty....WestWind you KNOW this by now.....and it actually allows me to my email...but it breaks down after a while if I go on forums....strange lil' bugger!!! >.<

I hope to see everyone!!!

And BTW....I finally got to see that True Naruto thing...
GAI-SENSI!!!! LEEEEE!!!! hahahahaha.....
I can see your weenie!!! T.T I was dying of laffter!

~*~Cho-....er....Kristin~*~

Jo_Canadian
06-28-2005, 04:07 AM
costume change...im not gonna say what its gonna be but just be known that im gonna be dark and brooding....be warned im there to scare...BWHAHAHAHAHA *slinks off into the shadows*

lainey
06-28-2005, 09:45 AM
i deeply apologize but I can no longer make it...my grandfather passed away just yesterday and his funeral service will be friday and saturday

Elemental
06-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Oh Lainey, I'm really sorry to hear that! We're all goinng to miss you. I hope you're doing ok. *hugs mightily*

Alexia Ishtar
06-28-2005, 10:04 PM
.. but its on a saturday.. oh wells.. kels = wearing her incomplete civillian stellar right now.. and my mom is saying how im insane and how she wont let me wear it to this gathering.. although i probably will and *of course* it will be completed~.. but GAHH.. 50 people.. is alot.. o_o..

Ya, I take an English monday-friday, and then on most Saturdays I have physics x.x

LoneWanderer
06-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaido Kaoru

It is my passion....now got2b Glued hurts when your putting it on dry hair...it says to do it while its damp but for the BEST results do it on dry hair....

So if you like Chris you can come along with Sasuke and Naruto and I'll do your hair for you too....if you want! That is....I'll get it to stay probably...

Ya I would like that very much since I don't do hair too well but umm
where and when again?

Jo_Canadian
06-29-2005, 04:48 AM
lainly im deeply sorry to hear that...my condolences. umm i also have a bit of news myself. my mother has requested lunch with me that morning but i am still coming i just wont be coming on the fairy with you guys....im gonna need someones phone number and where exactly the docks are. many thanks guys

Jo_Canadian
06-29-2005, 05:43 AM
um i was wondering something. my little bro has been begging me to take him to a con for the last little while. i was wondering if you guys would mind at all if he came along with me. im gonna dress him up as konahamaru from naruto if he comes. just wondering if anyone minds if he comes

Straywind
06-29-2005, 08:42 AM
um i was wondering something. my little bro has been begging me to take him to a con for the last little while. i was wondering if you guys would mind at all if he came along with me. im gonna dress him up as konahamaru from naruto if he comes. just wondering if anyone minds if he comes

I don't see how that would be a problem (as long as he doesn't mind spending several hours with a lot of interesting people). (^^) I should start bringing my little brother to some of these events. He really lacks confidence and Cosplay has done wonders to dispel my shyness. I think I really just want an excuse to dress him up. XD

YukiPhnx
06-29-2005, 06:46 PM
i deeply apologize but I can no longer make it...my grandfather passed away just yesterday and his funeral service will be friday and saturday

aww, lainey u'll be missed. my condolences go out to u and your family........

Katsuyuki_Shiro
06-29-2005, 07:13 PM
I'm coming.. ~_~... I'll TRY to get my Athrun (GSD) costume done by then.. (Although I would like to debut it at NAF.. >_>..)... If I don't I'll just wear my Tachibana Asuka (sCRYed) Lost Grounds costume.. ~_~... Fear the Eternity Eight [of Styrofoam]! XD

Kaido Kaoru
06-30-2005, 03:20 AM

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW KONAHAMARU!!!!!
*will TRY not to take a MILLION pics* THATS SO CUTE! I've NEVER seen anyone cosplay as him...thats why I wanted to see that person dress up as him...too bad....No I wish I had a younger brother....I'd make him cosplay alll the time!!!
Drag him to all my cosplay events...except cons....^_^;;;; but yes....lets hope he doesn't get frightened by all the cameras that will be pointed in his face!!!

And also to the girl who's family member pasted....you have my apologies...Hope you feel better....

~*~choji~*~

Mekou
06-30-2005, 04:59 AM
>> THATS SO CUTE! I've NEVER seen anyone cosplay as him...

Minion-chan is still my fav Kohohamaru EVAR! ^.^

*cough* (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=285561) >.>

YukiPhnx
06-30-2005, 07:00 PM
Oh no! -__- My parents suddenly planned a shopping trip across the border......we come back on the 2nd....which means there's a big chance I'm going to miss the picnic! >___< I'll try my best to come, but for now, I'm not coming........

jiyoon
07-01-2005, 08:05 PM
um...um... I haven't posted in here... but... I am coming tomorrow ^^

I'm going as Dai Kyou (Da Qiao) from Shin Sangoku Musou 4 (Dynasty Warriors 5)...

I hope to see everyone there ^^

EDIT: Oh! Um... I will go to Finch station too at 10 am ^^

novaraven1
07-01-2005, 11:21 PM
my train does not get to union station untill 11. and then i have to get into costume. it might take me a few hours to find you guys. ^^

Kawaii Akina
07-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Woot! Finally its tomorrow and right now I'm starting to pack even though it's 11:25pm ^^;; I'll be Naruto since it will be my only costume that I made this year ^^;; Can't wait to see everyone and I will be at the finch station at 10:00am too ^^

Squall1882
07-01-2005, 11:28 PM
my train does not get to union station untill 11. and then i have to get into costume. it might take me a few hours to find you guys. ^^

Centre island isn't that big.. and if the main spot is in front of Centreville there are signs pointing the way as soon as you get off the Ferry...

Sigh.. Only finished 66% of my RO Sniper costume for tommorrow... gonna try to finish it tonight... cross your fingers for me.. it's already 11:30pm (O_O)!

Archy Jupiter
07-02-2005, 04:12 AM
DYNAMIC ENTRY! Wahaaa!

The day of the picnic is just around the corner! It is very close to the time that I will grace you all with my revolutionary presence! Ah, the exuberance of youth! I see the springtime in all your spirits! Union Station will be where the journey begins, as several of us will head to the Docks from there! So, if you wish to make a "modern" reaction to this, the invitation is all yours!

:bigtu:

- Archy

P.S. - Heck, even "I" don't understand what I wrote up there. XD

Jo_Canadian
07-02-2005, 08:25 AM
im at union station right nw.....where the bloody helll is everyone....i know its only 8 30 but still some of us had a hell of a distance to travel.

Kaido Kaoru
07-02-2005, 08:35 AM
Well...I'm leaving now as well!!!

I made shiriken's for sasuke and naruto..and i gotta carry them but I'm cosplaying as kaido!!!!!

hence.....KAIDO THE NINJA!!!!!

See everyone at finch!!!!

for those ppl that I'm doing their hair for...REMEMBER PICTURES!!!
FRONT
BACK
AND SIDE VIEWS!!!!

love you all see you soon!

~*~kaido~*~

Squall1882
07-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Well it's already 12 and I'm still not done my costume... ahahahha.. so frustrated... if I'm not done by 1 then I probably won't come... sorry guys :( I planned on having all last night to work on it, but then my family event went later then expected.

... still not done... guess I have to pass until next time... sigh.. but tonight at least I'll have a costume for the next function...

Elemental
07-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Thanks to everyone who showed up for the picnic~ It was quite the success, and we certainly scared the normals. :D I'm horribly burnt, which is sad when you realize I keept reminding people to use sunscreen.

My photos will hopefully be up this evening. I can't wait to see all of yours!

Next year will be even bigger!

Straywind
07-02-2005, 10:22 PM
It was nice seeing all of the wonderful Cosplayers. All the Alcoholics Anonymous people were amusing. 3/4 of the people who actually came up to ask me and the other Cosplayers around me what the heck we were doing were from that group of people. I posed for tons of pictures taken by strangers. It was worse than that time I wore Kagome to the CNE. XD

Elemental - Thank you so much for organizing this event! It was tons of fun and I loved getting nice photos of my Nana costume. Your costume (along with Pan's, Bonnie's and the Howl's Moving Castle Cosplayers) was one of favourite ones from the event. The +Anima love was amazing and you made such a beautiful and regal Mareen. <3

Oh and you're not alone in the burning. I think I burnt my face. My nose is sort of red and kind of hurts. I'll look so wonderful at my job interview on Monday. XD

Anyhow, thanks to everyone for coming out! We successfully took over the island, had fun and scared the normals. Oh and I'll have my photos up by tomorrow at the latest. (^_^)

LoneWanderer
07-03-2005, 12:40 AM
OMG MY HAIR LOL SPIKE WEEE

Also

most memorable phase

"Yes yes princess Yes yes"

today's version "yes yes"

MUAHHAHAHAHAHAH (insider's joke)

anyhow today was a blast^^

Kawaii Akina
07-03-2005, 01:04 AM
OMG MY HAIR LOL SPIKE WEEE

Also

most memorable phase

"Yes yes princess Yes yes"

today's version "yes yes"

MUAHHAHAHAHAHAH (insider's joke)

anyhow today was a blast^^

haha .. that was hilliarious on the way back XD i just got home and now it's like 1:04am ^^;; just wanted to check if anyone posted up pictures for the people who got home early ^^

TheWestWind
07-03-2005, 01:18 AM
Don't ask me how the 'princess' thing happened 'cause even though it was directed at me, I was clueless... a bit... Ask someone who was able to watch it all and think clearly, lol! And yeah, I'm pretty sure you can expect a movie soon! Once I figure out what song to use.... And soon being the next 1-3 days... I guess... I make the movies faster than I can develop film(*still hasn't developed her Naruto Photoshoot pics*)!

Archy Jupiter
07-03-2005, 02:23 AM
I did it, Gai-sensei! I DID IT! WOOHOO! WAHAA!

*jumps around*

Oh, Gai-sensei, you should have seen me today! It was such a wonderful day at Centre Island! There were so many wonderful people, and that beautious Elemental did such a hip job organizing everything! Like you would say, it was truly revolutionary! Although Sakura wasn't there with us, I got the chance to face off against Sasuke, Naruto, AND a mysterious sword woman. In fact, I even got to fight on a children's slide!

It definitely was a day worth remembering, even though I ran 100 laps around the island! Gai-sensei! GAI-SENSEI! GAI-SENSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Rock "Archy" Lee

ThriKreen
07-03-2005, 03:26 AM
http://www.animecafe.net/gallery/index.php?action=view&album=2&gallery=22

Wheee

Edgar Strife
07-03-2005, 12:29 PM
What a wonderful day it was. My first time comming to the cosplay picnic was really fun even though ppl mistaken me for Zorrow [my Tokyo Babylon, the black tophat with the red fabric around it] or Jesus [Subaru X/1999 white outfit]and it was cool to see so many cosplayer there. Congratulation Elemental for organizing the event and I can't wait till next year. Anyway how was it for everyone ells?

jiyoon
07-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Yay! Yay! So much fun yesterday! ^^

I was kind of... lazing around... ._.; But.. I had fun! Lovely costumes everyone ^^.

My fans are officially dead. I have to repaint and remake parts of it again - 0-;

Oh well... Pics will be up soon.

LoneWanderer
07-03-2005, 04:36 PM
lol next time we meet that Yesyes dude we really should photo/flim him for the music video lol

anyhow due to my STUPID CURSED battery and murphy's law my batteries ran out before I could take too many pics and thus I only have a few :(

but ya it was a blast

and again Sorry to all those who were impaled by my hair^^

Straywind
07-03-2005, 05:41 PM
My photos are up (and on my Rogers Yahoo account this time so you can now download full sized copies of images):

As usual, if anyone wants to use any of the pictures, please link back to my main site:

http://cosplay.out-break.net

TheWestWind
07-03-2005, 05:59 PM
My photos are up (and on my Rogers Yahoo account this time so you can now download full sized copies of images):

As usual, if anyone wants to use any of the pictures, please link back to my main site:

http://cosplay.out-break.net

Lol, I think you took one of the 10 pictures of me that weren't yaoi-ish, lol! Yay! Now I have something to show my mom! But great pics overall! I didn't really get the chance to see the people you took the pics of, so I got to see them now, lol!

Amy the Yu
07-03-2005, 06:02 PM
It was great even though we (me, Mekou, Ochika and Scoti) were dementedly late...mostly cause I decided I didn't want to wake up when we decided we'd wake up. It was really nice seeing everyone (in costume) since there are so few cosplayers in Philly. >_<

My first time crossplaying, and it was a character that no one except the serious Saiyuki tards would recognise. XD

Computer doing funny scrolling all over the place thing, so trying to type a reply hurts my head, and Scoti is my smexy master baby. XD

...the end

lainey
07-03-2005, 07:28 PM
i hope you guys had fun ^_^

maybe post a thread containing of the links so it's not so difficult to find the galleries.
I hope to attend next year!

Elemental
07-03-2005, 07:32 PM
I'll modify the first post to include all the photo links, so its eaier to find the galleries without needing a seprate thread. *is currently correcting/uploading her own 200+ photos*

Lady_Sodina
07-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Twas QUITE a lot of fun, thank you Elemental for organizing it! Unfortunately, due to my brother stealing the camera, I couldn't take pictures, though I found the costumes amazing *^^*

ThriKreen
07-03-2005, 11:57 PM
It was great even though we (me, Mekou, Ochika and Scoti) were dementedly late...

That was me in the "got wang?" shirt that directed you to where the others were. I was going to the restaurant for food and meet up with Tartrazine and it happened that the ferry docked just as I was walking by.

Squall1882
07-04-2005, 12:08 AM
:( sigh... I was so depressed today when I saw the pics. I planned on having my costume done by Sat. morning... but then my parents un-expectedly wanted to go watch fireworks... and I was out all day until super late.

Boo... sometimes procrastination just doesn't pay off... yesturday I was so upset and frustrated that it couldn't be finished that I just said screw it, I'm not going... aha.. I should have just come as a photographer.. but that idea didn't enter into my head until today...

OMG looking at the pics there were some amazing costumes!! Elemental I like the detailing on your arm and chest piece... how did you do that?? What is the costume from?? So good! Didn't really see too many others that I know (I mean I don't know your screen names) so I can't comment... but I'll keep lookin as more are posted!!

Glad to see you guys had fun and that the weather co-operated!!

hikarilight
07-04-2005, 12:30 AM
I enjoyed my time at the picnic~ <3 <3 Sitting around and socializing (sort of) was a great thing to do and start of the summer~ Thanks Elemental for organizing the shoot and thanks for the weather for being good *thumbs up*

Elemental
07-04-2005, 12:58 AM
My photos are up, all 184 of them. :D

http://pics.livejournal.com/writerz_bloc/gallery/000071c0

If you want to use any of my photos for your galleries, feel free (you don't even have to ask) All I request is that you credit me (Elemental) for the photo.

Now to set the first post up as a photo list as well. Keep 'em coming guys!

Boo... sometimes procrastination just doesn't pay off... yesturday I was so upset and frustrated that it couldn't be finished that I just said screw it, I'm not going... aha.. I should have just come as a photographer.. but that idea didn't enter into my head until today...

OMG looking at the pics there were some amazing costumes!! Elemental I like the detailing on your arm and chest piece... how did you do that?? What is the costume from?? So good! Didn't really see too many others that I know (I mean I don't know your screen names) so I can't comment... but I'll keep lookin as more are posted!!

^_^ I wished you had have come, even in no costume or in an old one. the point is to socialize and have fun- its too bad your costume plans didn't work out, but next time come join us anyway!

My jewlery/armor pieces are made from Wonderflex and covered in gesso to smooth them out, and then I used fabric paint to draw the raised design. ^_^ Then I painted it all gold, and antiqued it to give the design more depth. The costume is Mareen from an obscure manga called +Anima. a ref pic is here: http://photobucket.com/albums/v521/Elemental2/Mareen/?action=view&current=blue9.jpg
As you can see, I took some liberties with the costume. :D More fun that way.

Nancyboynoire
07-04-2005, 11:43 AM
those are my modest photos. lol n_n; there's only 25 or so.pictures! (http://www.livejournal.com/users/nancyboynoire/78689.html#cutid1)

novaraven1
07-04-2005, 03:14 PM
my small number of pics are here

http://photobucket.com/albums/b51/novaraven2/cosplay%20gallery1/

the password is raven

And dam my camera and it's stupid low batteries!!! :P
But I did get a few of my costume to throw up in my cosplay.com gallery. Man the light settings on saturday were high!

Elemental
07-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Great shots! (And thanks again for lending me Howl's coat. freezing is never fun. :P)

You probably want to set your PB account so that Raven is the 'guest password' otherwise, people can change the setings, and upload and delete your images. You can set it up in your "account options" page.

jiyoon
07-04-2005, 04:01 PM
everyone's pics are so nice...

thanks to amanda for setting this up. I don't know you personally but still... thanks ^^ It was a lot of fun.

LoneWanderer
07-04-2005, 06:10 PM
mine are up at last lol
http://photobucket.com/albums/y170/LoneFuzzy/

(westwind/sasuke-hime uploaded for me so ya the pics of BAN/me isn't mine but taken from other people just a disclamier IT AIN"T MINE lol anyhow my battery ran out before I could take too many so ya there is only a few there^^)

shiro_hikaru
07-04-2005, 11:07 PM
just so people don't think I'm just a random pervert who planned the whole unravelling of cloth; my character is an actual anime although obscure still an actual anime by Kazusa Takashima. the Anime is called Wild Rock and my character is Yuuen.

If you are not shy about yaoi or boys in nothing but loinclothes I strongly suggest you lok up on that manga!

kuko-chan
07-05-2005, 01:35 AM
Oh, I wish I had gone! It looked like a lot of fun! Next time, Gadget. You guys better hold this again next year!

Was it overly crowded, with it being the Canada's Day Weekend?

Amy the Yu
07-05-2005, 11:06 PM
just so people don't think I'm just a random pervert who planned the whole unravelling of cloth; my character is an actual anime although obscure still an actual anime by Kazusa Takashima. the Anime is called Wild Rock and my character is Yuuen.

If you are not shy about yaoi or boys in nothing but loinclothes I strongly suggest you lok up on that manga!
*poke* Pst...it's manga, not anime. <_< >_>

shiro_hikaru
07-06-2005, 12:34 AM
*poke* Pst...it's manga, not anime. <_< >_>

stands corrected

TheWestWind
07-11-2005, 06:48 PM
OK, ok... After such a LONG time, I have finished the vid!!!!
I don't think it's better than my last one though.... *cries*, lol!
Well anyway, here it is:

http://s15.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1Y814QNE7EE8V02YUP1MPUY7GZ

Sorry if you're not in many of the pics, everyone was everywhere, and it was kinda hard for us to find and take a pic of you, lol! But I tried to get as many people as possible in the pics! And I put the yaoi scenes because I thought that the song I chose would be too short for all the pics, but it ended up being too long so I had little choice, lol, so you can laugh at them now, yay! lolz!

Kawaii Akina
07-11-2005, 07:44 PM
lol the was awesome! it was really good steph that's for sure ... ah .. and i'm in the 39 seconds of yaoi (me naruto) lol XD

shiro_hikaru
07-11-2005, 07:46 PM
that was awesome Steffa! Good music selection!

NEXT TIME MORE YAOI!!!!!!! *nudges KawaiiAkina towards Steffa* muahahahahahahaha

shiro_hikaru
07-11-2005, 07:47 PM
now to watch it again!

....Steffa what program did you use to do this?

Kawaii Akina
07-11-2005, 08:06 PM
lol .. i think that was enough yaoi for me lol XD

shiro_hikaru
07-11-2005, 08:32 PM
lol .. i think that was enough yaoi for me lol XD
*pouts*

TheWestWind
07-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Again, I used Windows Movie Maker, lol.... Yeah I need to get a better editor, lolz...

shiro_hikaru
07-11-2005, 10:02 PM
Again, I used Windows Movie Maker, lol.... Yeah I need to get a better editor, lolz...

ADOBE PREMIERE!!!!!!

Sorry, I used teach it to younger students at my school as a Student-teacher
GO Green Screen Technology.

Did you guys all go home on the subway together, me and Nina-san were playing IN the Groove and when we turned around you guys were all gone. I was sad.

TheWestWind
07-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Oh really??? I thought you had left already... Sorry, I didn't know!! Yeah, we all took the subway and on the way there we met a scary dude, that was the basis for a few of the vids and pics added.

Archy Jupiter
07-11-2005, 11:59 PM
O M G! That was so hip of you, WestWind! Your video was "modern" and displays youth at its most exuberant springtime! You truly have revolutionary vision!

:bigtu:

- Archy

shiro_hikaru
07-12-2005, 09:19 AM
I just realized while looking through the pics.
My head is poking out in one of the Tree pics Of Kawaii Naruto and Steffa.
It looks funny.

LoneWanderer
07-12-2005, 03:51 PM
... Wow....

39sec of yaoi....

whoa......

anyhow great video lol^^

Uzumaki83
07-12-2005, 09:25 PM
WOW Very well done! I liked your choice of music again & perfect sound effects hahahaha! Hopefully your brother didnt bother you this time! LOL I'm right at the closing sequence; not to mention im after the yaoi scenes :drink:

We should make morevids like those ^_^