PDA

View Full Version : Couples Cosplay

Duo0017
06-02-2005, 02:05 AM
A friend of mine is going to AWA with me this year and she wanted to cosplay with me. We were talking about who we might be and she brought up the idea of couples cosplay. I don't know if she had just made that up at that moment, or if this was an actual thing to do, but she came up of the idea of me dressing up as an anime guy and she dressing up as his girlfriend/close friend/ect.

My question is: Who are some good couples that we could cosplay? Inuyasha is out of the question XD and it has to be somewhat easy to sew and whatnot.

EDIT: Now that I think of... this should be in the Other Costumes section, shouldn't it?

Michi
06-02-2005, 02:13 AM
There have been lots of threads on couple ideas. Just do a search for "couple" or "couples", perhaps.

DeathOfSoul
06-02-2005, 02:36 AM
There's a couple I know...:

-Dita and Zima (from Chobits)
-Hideki and Chii (from Chobits)
-Kenshin and Tomo (from Samurai X)
-Mr. Shido and Riho (from Nightwalker)
-Tohma and Mika (from Gravitation)
-(if you don't mind doing two guys): Shuichi and Yuki (from Gravitation)

There's a lot more I know... but I need to get to bed *yawns* ttyl

Guardian_Lulu
06-02-2005, 10:44 AM
oki here are some ideas that hopefully will help
-ayaka usami and hiroshi nakano (gravitation)
-shuichi and yuki (gravitation)
-fayt and sophia (star ocean: till the end of time) this ones harder but i think you can still do it ^-^'
-mirage and cliff (star ocean: till the end of time)

ill post later with more i just cant think of anything right now

sakurazuka84
06-03-2005, 05:01 AM
Couples... hmmm... here we go.
Usagi and Mamaru (sailor moon), Kenshin and Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin), Kenshin and Tomoe (Samurai X), Myer and Charolette (Vampire Hunter D), Tohru and Yuki (Fruits Basket), Tohru and Kyo (Fruits basket), Miaka and Tamahome (Fushigi Yugi), Yui and Suboshi (Fushigi Yugi), Yui and Nakago (Fushigi Yugi), Soi and Nakago (Fushigi Yugi), Aoshi and Ms.Misao (Rurouni Kenshin), Ms. Megumi and Sanosuke (Rurouni Kenshin), Van and Hitomi (Escaflowne), Allen and Melerna (Escaflowne Movie), Aya and Toya (Ceres), Aya and Yuhi (Ceres), Aya and Aki (Twins, Ceres), Yohji and Asuka (Weiss Kreuz), Tanpopo and Koji (Imadoki), Alice and Kyo (Alice 19th) InuYasha and Kagome (InuYasha), Sango and Miroku (InuYasha), Girl Ranma and Boy Ranma (Ranma 1/2), Rinoa and Squall (FF8), Selphie and Irvine (FF8), Yuna and Tidus (FFX), Lenne and ShuYen (FFX-2), Tifa and Cloud (FF7), Aeris and Cloud (FF7), Julia and Spike (Cowboy Bebop), Faye and Spike (Cowboy Bebop), Arashi and Sorata (X), Zagato and Esmerald (Magic Knight Rayearth), Iris and Chaos (ragnarok), Sue and Kazuhiko (Clover), San and Ashitaka (Princess Mononoke)... whoo, if I think of more I'll get back to ya. :japan : Hope this helps with ideas.

Celebrimbor
06-03-2005, 09:05 AM
Captain Tylor and Empress Azalyn from Irresponsible Captain Tylor. People never cosplay that show; it's a little disappointing really.

http://www.northarc.com/images/tyler/Tyler_Card_01.jpg
http://www.perryandtsua.com/Tylor/Azalyn.jpg

GiaKohana
06-03-2005, 07:36 PM
My brother and I just did K and Judy [Gravitation], Judy's costume was pretty easy sewing, and K was also not hard to put together.

Quarla
06-06-2005, 07:39 AM
My boyfriend and I are doing Kaitou Jeanne and Kaitou Sinbad from Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. :D There are couples in nearly every anime. Easy to make couples are the hard part. *sagenod* Good luck with your quest!*

DeathOfSoul
06-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Oh yeah! One of the most romantic couples of all time!:

Aya and Tooya from Ayashi no Ceres (Ceres, Celestial Legend) :heart:

youjik33
06-07-2005, 10:40 AM
My friend and I are going to Otakon as Clive and Weda from Hale Nochi Guu. I feel mildly weird about my female friend going as my love interest, haha. (I'm trying to talk her boyfriend into being Robert or Asio but he's resistant.)

Dewprincess
06-07-2005, 11:54 PM
My then-boyfriend (now fiance!!) and I did Chrono and Marle from "Chrono Trigger" last year....

Duo0017
06-09-2005, 11:12 PM
According to my friend, she's dressing up in a kimono now and I'm supposed to wear traditional Samurai outfits. ^_^;;

Didn't want to make a new topic so: Are there any sites where I can find Samurai outfits? When I mean outfits, I mean what Tom Cruise wore in the village, not the armor.

Ginnychan
06-11-2005, 09:53 PM
I've couple cosplayed with my boyfriend...we have a habit of doing odd, non-canon couples (or couples that are more friendship than romance...unless we want them to be XD) Vicious and Faye from Cowboy Bebop, Vash and Wolfwood from Trigun, Zoro and Nami from One Piece, and Sanji and Nami from One Piece. We're also going to be doing Roy and Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist and a very bizarre "cross over" pairing with Greed from FMA, and a certain version of Nami from OP (makes no sense, it's just because we have some great pose ideas!) If I were you, I would pick characters who you both really like, and who you think might make for interesting interactions/photos!

But that's just me! Best of luck to you and your friend. Kimono and Samurai outfit, huh? Sounds like a Kenshin and Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) possibility..As for where to find it, if you're looking for hakama (the "samurai pants") some martial arts/kendo equipment stores have them.

livvylove
06-13-2005, 12:56 PM
My boyfriend and I are going to AWA as Ranma(boy-girl) and are even doing a group, We still don't have a Shampoo and Mousse. http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=55463

If you just want those plain outfits look up Kendo gear.

livvylove
06-13-2005, 01:00 PM
Captain Tylor and Empress Azalyn from Irresponsible Captain Tylor. People never cosplay that show; it's a little disappointing really.

http://www.northarc.com/images/tyler/Tyler_Card_01.jpg
http://www.perryandtsua.com/Tylor/Azalyn.jpg
Actually when my sewing skills or cash flow increases My boyfriend and I where planning on doing that cosplay since he looks just like captain Tylor.