PDA

View Full Version : Animagic OOPSes!

Adella
05-13-2002, 07:01 AM
1st Oops:

2 AM I send Dawn and Justin out to the van to retrieve something.. I'm not sure what it was they wanted to get.. I think Justin wanted to work on sewing stuff so he asked for the keys. It takes about 10 minutes so in my robe I walk over to the window to see what was going on.. Justin waves up at me "we locked the keys in the car" So first of all I was irritated and walked outside to see what had happened. Sure enough the keys WERE in the car. sitting on the seat where Dawn had made sure she wouldn't forget them. with ruffled feathers I went to asked the night watchman for a broom fro mthe broom closet. (a technique handed down from sister to sister in how to break into mother's van when doors were locked) I etched the window open, ripped the window screen down slightly off the van (poor van it died a few months ago) Then gracefully weaseled the broom through one side across the backseat of the van and unable to see anything, just began tapping randomly at the wall on the opposite side of the van and about 30 seconds into the tapping "CLICK!" I hit the spot, which was an automatic unlock button, and unlocked the van. I won't ever forget that. ROFL.

Second oops. I almost lost my cell phone. I had to return to our trashed hotel room and search for the poor lonely phone before leaving the con. God Animagic was fun.. I'll NEVER forget that swingset I had way too much fun swinging on.

Anyone else with Animagic blooper stories or just stories from last year?

peacecraft
05-14-2002, 01:27 PM
Nah. Last years Ani-Magic was my favorite con. Didn't really have any bloopers. The closest thing to a blooper turned out to be a good thing. The hotel didn't have our room ready, so they upgraded us for free.

Mei Lan Chang
05-16-2002, 04:57 PM
HA! Aeris, you are a key goddess! Funny little story. An oopsy for me? Well...I got mobbed by a pack of Klingons. ( I really have no idea how to spell that, but it's those ugly guys from Star Trek)
I was just minding my own business last year at Comic-Con San Diego when a group of Klingons with really well made costumes strolled by. I asked if I could take their picture, and after a few grunts and looks between them they agreed. Had my friend take the picture while I stood next to them when AHHHHH!! Next thing I new they had lifted me in the air and made really loud Klingon war cries (which sounds like disgruntled Xena war cries, I might add) SO this was their idea of a picture. Well ok, I can deal with that. But then just as the picture was about to be taken they thought it would be hilarious to run outside the building and down the street. Cars screeched to a stop just to watch me and my captors running down the street dressed up as Trekkies. I must have been three shades of purple! Eventually they let me go and insisted that I actually have my picture taken. And that's the Mei Lan in distress story! ^_^

Kuja
05-20-2002, 05:24 PM
Other then my brother breaking his staff for Zidane that I spent a week working on. Nothing else much happend.

Adella
05-20-2002, 09:47 PM
ROFLMAO!!! Evil klingons!!!! I got abducted by The Krillin DBZ voice actor. lol!!!

did he fix his staff Kuja?

Kuja
05-20-2002, 09:54 PM
Actually remember our skit in the masscarade. We tried fixing it but it just kept breaking. So we made so in the masscarade it would break.

Michi
05-21-2002, 10:28 PM
Hm... I missed half of the masquerade 'cause I was trying to change into my Nikki costume. My friend Rose was helping me, but it kept coming apart. X_x I eventually went "AAAAH" and ripped it all off and put on Kuja. ^_^;; But then it was really cold. :sulk:

Kuja
05-21-2002, 11:25 PM
LOL I remember Rose telling me about that.

Adella
05-22-2002, 04:17 PM
Lol Sam. That must have sucked. What pieces kept falling off? :(

Michi
05-23-2002, 01:29 AM
All the straps and buckles on the chest were being... pissy. :P

I'm fixing it up to wear it at Anime Expo. ^_^;;

Heh, yeah. She was trying to help me get it on, but I just got fed up and seriously ripped everything off. ^^; (not like I was stripping, I wear a bodysuit beneath it XPPP)