PDA

View Full Version : Dear Friends : Final Fantasy Concert 7/14/05

Eurobeat King
06-06-2005, 10:45 PM
Hey everyone,

I found out today that there's going to be another "Dear Friends : Music from Final Fantasy" concert, and it's going to take place DURING SDCC 2005!! You can check out the details and order tickets at:

www.sandiegosymphony.com or call 619-235-0804

Thursday, July14th, 2005 8:15pm
Embarcadero Marina Park South
(On the bay, behind the Convention Center)

Premium $85
Section 1 $50
Section 2 (including Grandstand) $40
Lawn $25

The Premium tickets include a post-concert reception to meet the principal players and conductor of the concert, although I think the Premium tickets have already been sold-out.. :lost:

I bought my ticket for Section 1, even though I know I'm already going to be tiiiiired as heck from 1. the long drive to get to SDCC that morning, 2. walking around all-day, and 3. taking pictures all over the place.. :thumbsup: But, I look forward to hearing the music from Final Fantasy games.. cos I guess I love it that much! ;)

Sooo, anyone else planning to attend? I'm sacrificing posting the day's pictures (just for a few hours) and sleeeep just to attend this special event. :skidude2:

Kokuu
06-06-2005, 11:19 PM
Yep, I'm probably gonna fork over the $50 bucks to see it again (I saw it up in LA- best concert of my entire life). Just gotta convince my best friend to do the same (otherwise she's gonna have to find random stuff to do at my house while I'm there). XD

Eurobeat King
06-07-2005, 12:16 AM
Kokuu: That'd be great to see you there if you can make it! I wonder if it'll be exactly like the SAME concert that we've each attended, and if so perhaps I'll bring my program-guide with me from last time ;) But even if it isn't, I'll still enjoy hearing those musical pieces again from the FF games. :) I just wonder how it'll look this time, considering how the ad states it'll have a "futuristic, COMICON" look.. :alien:

Rogue Marvel
06-07-2005, 01:14 AM
I'm going with a friend who has an extra ticket (yay!)

I will be in section 1

Kokuu
06-07-2005, 01:27 AM
Kokuu: That'd be great to see you there if you can make it! I wonder if it'll be exactly like the SAME concert that we've each attended, and if so perhaps I'll bring my program-guide with me from last time ;) But even if it isn't, I'll still enjoy hearing those musical pieces again from the FF games. :) I just wonder how it'll look this time, considering how the ad states it'll have a "futuristic, COMICON" look.. :alien:

It'll probably be more along the lines of the San Francisco concert, since the LA concert was unique in that it premered some songs, and the concert featured The Black Mages, Rikki, and Emiko Shiratoki. But I'm down for any Final Fantasy music I can get.

Do you know if the premium section gets to meet Nobou Uematsu at the post reception? There's nothing more in the world I want then to shake his hand and tell him thank you.

I wonder what choir is going to be singing. If it's SDSU, I'm going to kick myself for not doing choir this last year. (I opted not to this year).

Eurobeat King
06-07-2005, 02:36 AM
RogueMarvel: What seat did you get? I'm in Section 1, Row 19.. (won't reveal seat just yet.. hehe) That's another familiar face I'll see at the concert.

Kokuu: Really? Sounds like your LA-concert had more guests there.. But regardless if it's the same-show like in SF, I want to hear the FFIV Love Theme, Terra's theme, and Zanarkand theme again.. I wonder if THIS time if they play a sample from Advent Children, that they'll show video-clips to it since it IS coming out soon afterwards on DVD, ya?? So we'll see..

Rogue Marvel
06-07-2005, 11:30 AM
you know I'm not sure wear I am siting yet. My friend just asked me if I wanted to go with him about a month ago because he knew I really really wanted to go and he had an extra ticket (he also went to the LA show the rat bastured) He didn't tell me were we would be seated and I really didn't bother to ask...next time I get the chance I'll ask him.

Aprently two members of my pirate group (the good captain and the dread pirate) are also going but I don't know where they will be either.

Keiichi-san
06-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Sweeeeet!

I'm definately not going to miss this.

-K1

Chibi Plush Toy
06-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Ooh psssh when I saw this I told GBT and since this is right before her bday and we're going to ComicCon anyway, we figured we might as well go, given parent's permission.

Wolfgirl
06-12-2005, 01:50 AM
Hey everyone,

I found out today that there's going to be another "Dear Friends : Music from Final Fantasy" concert, and it's going to take place DURING SDCC 2005!! You can check out the details and order tickets at:

www.sandiegosymphony.com or call 619-235-0804

Thursday, July14th, 2005 8:15pm
Embarcadero Marina Park South
(On the bay, behind the Convention Center)

Premium $85
Section 1 $50
Section 2 (including Grandstand) $40
Lawn $25

The Premium tickets include a post-concert reception to meet the principal players and conductor of the concert, although I think the Premium tickets have already been sold-out.. :lost:

I bought my ticket for Section 1, even though I know I'm already going to be tiiiiired as heck from 1. the long drive to get to SDCC that morning, 2. walking around all-day, and 3. taking pictures all over the place.. :thumbsup: But, I look forward to hearing the music from Final Fantasy games.. cos I guess I love it that much! ;)

Sooo, anyone else planning to attend? I'm sacrificing posting the day's pictures (just for a few hours) and sleeeep just to attend this special event. :skidude2:

THANKS eurobeat king, :love:
I would have never known about this. I love the final fantasy music. I own all the CD's. I'll be there.

Eurobeat King
06-12-2005, 03:34 AM
THANKS eurobeat king, :love:
I would have never known about this. I love the final fantasy music. I own all the CD's. I'll be there.

wolfgirl: You're welcome! Glad to help spread the word. It's just good timing that the concert is happening during the same weekend AND it's soooo close by. :) Those reasons make it worth not getting sleep (or posting pics right away) after a loooong 1st day of SDCC.. ;)

Wolfgirl
06-12-2005, 12:48 PM
wolfgirl: You're welcome! Glad to help spread the word. It's just good timing that the concert is happening during the same weekend AND it's soooo close by. :) Those reasons make it worth not getting sleep (or posting pics right away) after a loooong 1st day of SDCC.. ;)

Hehe I agree. The concert looks like a bunch of fun. I am Dragging BLuelady along with me. I'm surprised there are still tickets.

:razz:

Keiichi-san
06-15-2005, 01:36 AM
woot! :cool:

Section B
Row 7
Seat 22

-K1

Reno_kun
06-15-2005, 02:06 AM
i'm going to it with the love of my life Starlet flower, aka Sharon n.n

BlueLady
06-17-2005, 09:36 PM
haha time to raid the closet. Knowing my luck I will run late and be one of those horribly tacky people who show up sweaty in costume XD

thanks for posting this for us Al! Hopefully I will see you there..its been like a year!

Eurobeat King
06-18-2005, 12:29 AM
haha time to raid the closet. Knowing my luck I will run late and be one of those horribly tacky people who show up sweaty in costume XD

thanks for posting this for us Al! Hopefully I will see you there..its been like a year!

You're welcome, Tab! :) Yeah, it's been about a year since I saw you last.. SDCC2004! I'll do my best to find you that weekend.. we have 4 whole days!

NOTE: I'm not sure if they'll allow people to dress-up in costume when attending this concert, since technically this isn't a cosplay event, so I don't know if say, Kokuu walks up to the entrance in her Gunner-Yuna costume, and if they'll let her enter or not wearing her costume. :thumbsup: So we'll see.. I want to say let's have a mini-Final Fantasy cosplay gathering outside the auditorium, but unsure what time everyone will be there by. I know once the SDconvention center closes at 7:00pm, I'll start to walk over to the concert area around 7:15pm (have to say bye to friends and look for last-minute cosplayers) and once I get there I'll look for my seat.

If anyone would like to meet up before the concert starts, by no-later-than 7:45pm, we could do that. Anyone up for the idea if you plan to wear a Final Fantasy (only FF!) costume for the concert? :D

Kokuu
06-18-2005, 12:36 AM
Oh boy, that would be interesting. I donít think I'd ever be let inside wearing my Gunner Yuna costume.

I donít think itís a good idea to cosplay for an event like this, since itís not appropriate. There was only one person I saw who cosplayed at the LA event. It might be different for San Diego since Comic Con is in town. *shrugs* If it looks like cosplay is acceptable, maybe I'll whip up a ball gown Rinoa. That'd be concert appropriate.

BlueLady
06-18-2005, 09:23 AM
oh haha I was joking about my chronic "running lateness" since Im supposed to do a group pix 2 hours before the concert. Ide never actually go in costume. ( and if I did show up as joked it would be in sophitia..classy hahaha )

Eurobeat King
06-18-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm not sure how long the walk is from the Convention Center to the concert-site, since I usually just stay in the SDConventionCenter all day until it closes (give or take several trips back-n-forth to the hotel to change camera batteries) :thumbsup: But I should be there around 7:50pm if not sooner.

Yeah, the idea for a cosplay gathering was just a thought, but I don't want to get anyone in trouble by having the gathering before the concert, and then we try to go in and they don't let those in costume inside.. :untrust: So rather than inconvenience anyone, it's best to go to the concert in regular clothes. :)

Simmaria
06-21-2005, 09:47 PM
im in section 1 row 2. im the dread pirate and speaking on behalf of the captain jack.

Yuna Summoner
06-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Well I really want to go, and I'm not sure if I'd have time to run to the hotel room and change anyway...but if it would be tacky to wear Yuna's summoner dress, then I won't.

Anyway, thanks Al for posting this! I really want to go and I had NO IDEA it was going to be there! Yay!

Eurobeat King
06-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Well I really want to go, and I'm not sure if I'd have time to run to the hotel room and change anyway...but if it would be tacky to wear Yuna's summoner dress, then I won't.

Anyway, thanks Al for posting this! I really want to go and I had NO IDEA it was going to be there! Yay!

S. I don't think it would be tacky to wear Yuna to the concert, it's just a matter if they would let you in while wearing it. Since I don't know what their policy is, it's best not to wear a costume during the concert if possible. But it's your choice. Glad you're going to the concert (and SDCC again) S.! :) *hug*

My ticket came in the mail! Now I just have to remember to bring it with me when the time for SDCC comes... :thumbsup:

Yuna Summoner
06-22-2005, 10:41 AM
You have a point there, chum. I'll wear something non-cosplay.

I'm so excited! *hugs hugs*

Dude, wait till you see my Samurai yuna costume....

Chibi Plush Toy
06-23-2005, 11:23 PM
What do people wear to a symphony anyway? Yes I'm still considering attending...in hopes they haven't sold out yet.

Eurobeat King
06-24-2005, 12:17 AM
Yuna Summoner: Can't wait to see your Samurai Yuna! I hope I find you during the convention, or PM me so we can discuss meeting up for a photoshoot. :)

CPT: There are still tickets available according to the website, even the $50 Section 1, so get those if you want to get a good seat, or else buy the lawn seats and get there earrrly to get as close as you can on that lawn..

The website now has the program line-up for the concert, and here it is:

PROGRAM

Liberi Fatali
San Diego Master Chorale
To Zanarkand`
Terra's Theme
Theme of Love
Dear Friends
Vamo' alla Flamenco
Love Grows

(INTERMISSION)

Aeris' Theme
You're Not Alone
Ronfaure
Final Fantasy I-III Medley
Cloud Smiles (I think this theme is from FFVII: Advent Children)
Final Fantasy

(encore.. hehe I think I know what is is.. :D )

As expected, the theme selection is the SAME as it was when I saw it here in San Francisco back in March. So now I can bring my program-guide I bought back in March and use that to find out what's coming up next. hehe As a joke, I might show off the page where I had Amano-san autograph at Anizona, and if anyone asks I'll say "Yeah, I got his autograph outside 5 mins. ago.." heehee :devil:

See you all at the con and then at the concert!!

Chibi Plush Toy
06-24-2005, 12:43 AM
How long is the allotted concert time?

Eurobeat King
06-24-2005, 12:52 AM
CPT: It's about 2 hours, including a 20-25 minute intermission, so hopefully it should be over by 10:30pm. Afterwards, I need to walk back to my hotel and start u/l the day's pictures.. if I don't pass out before then.. :thumbsup:

Kokuu
06-24-2005, 12:24 PM
Sadly, I'm not going to be able to go to Dear Friends, or to Comic Con anymore. :( I just got a new job working for Fujitsu, and I won't be able to get the time off to go. Have fun there everyone!

Eurobeat King
06-24-2005, 12:37 PM
Sadly, I'm not going to be able to go to Dear Friends, or to Comic Con anymore. :( I just got a new job working for Fujitsu, and I won't be able to get the time off to go. Have fun there everyone!

Awww.. sorry to hear you won't be able to make it to SDCC or the FF concert, L. :lost: But good luck on your new job, and good luck finishing up your costumes for AX next weekend (which you ARE going to, ya?) We have to do onemore gunner-yuna photoshoot.. ;)

Kokuu
06-24-2005, 01:04 PM
Awww.. sorry to hear you won't be able to make it to SDCC or the FF concert, L. :lost: But good luck on your new job, and good luck finishing up your costumes for AX next weekend (which you ARE going to, ya?) We have to do onemore gunner-yuna photoshoot.. ;)

Oh, I'm definetly going to AX. Wouldn't miss it for the world! I made sure I start AFTER AX :thumbsup: You'll get to see Gunner Yuna version 3.2 or something like that XD.

Wolfgirl
06-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Hehe it would be kind of kewl to cosplay. Though I would need to buy a ticket for my silent mobius grospoliner sword.

hmm I guess one of these days I will make a final fantasy costume. I am not sure which character to do yet. I like the sorceress from the one that had squall and rinona in it. I might cosplay her one year. and payne from x2. Otherwise I'm not a big final fantasy cosplay fan. I love the games and music.

See everyone at the concert.

Eurobeat King
07-18-2005, 03:55 AM
What did everyone think of the concert?? :) I personally enjoyed the one in SF back in March, since the sound was better for being indoors (as opposed to an outdoor concert) and the SDCC was reallly cramped.. Plus the overhead noise from helicopters & planes was a nuisance, and also the 2 video-screens going out everysooften was pretty bad, especially for those seated on the left-hand side of the stage.. :thumbsup:

But overall I enjoyed the concert again for the 2nd time, and the fireworks at the end of the 1st act during the FFVIII piece "Love Grows" added a nice touch... until at the end it lagged especially with the piece trying to come to a nice, quiet end.. :thumbsup:

Yay for 2 encores of the Sepiroth song at the end!! :cool:

Rogue Marvel
07-18-2005, 10:34 AM
sound is almost always an issue you out door concerts and my friend who I was with was suprised the screens even lasted as long as they did in the humititiy.

I enjoyed it very much...event met the producer the day after and told him I want more lol.

it was worth it...just wish it was longer

Kitsune-sama
07-18-2005, 08:44 PM
^_____________^ Oh the concert was a BLAST!!!

I loved the part when the helicopter flew over and screwed up the begining of the melody!!

And of the two encores...The second was WAY better!!! :bigtu:

Keiichi-san
07-18-2005, 08:51 PM
I loved the first act. The screens going out were kind of a sour note, but I was sitting in the 7th row from the stage and had a great view anyway, so it wasn't really that much of a nuisance for me.

Unfortunately, I hadn't brought a jacket with me and and I was so cold that I was forced to leave during intermission so I never got to see/hear the rest of it. :(

-K1

Kitsune-sama
07-18-2005, 08:57 PM
U_U I also was jacket-less...AND IN A FREAKIN' THIN STRAPPED DRESS!!

Keh, it was worth it ^_^ *wants to see it again*

It was kinda a bummer that Nobou wasn't there....

Wolfgirl
07-19-2005, 07:14 PM
What did everyone think of the concert?? :) I personally enjoyed the one in SF back in March, since the sound was better for being indoors (as opposed to an outdoor concert) and the SDCC was reallly cramped.. Plus the overhead noise from helicopters & planes was a nuisance, and also the 2 video-screens going out everysooften was pretty bad, especially for those seated on the left-hand side of the stage.. :thumbsup:

But overall I enjoyed the concert again for the 2nd time, and the fireworks at the end of the 1st act during the FFVIII piece "Love Grows" added a nice touch... until at the end it lagged especially with the piece trying to come to a nice, quiet end.. :thumbsup:

Yay for 2 encores of the Sepiroth song at the end!! :cool:

I thought the concert was really great. It was worth the 50 bucks. They played all my fav music. The fireworks where the best with the cue they had.

Exept for tabs and I being extremely cold the concert was great. Next time I need to wear an electric heated Bra or something :P

BlueLady
07-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Im SOOO glad I made us grab those jackets last moment O.o

I had a blast~ we had great seats so the screen problems didnt bother us, my only bitch was the helicopter ( but what can you expect with coast guard and various military bases around ) Maybe next time they will have this sort of thing indoors

TerraRising
12-09-2005, 10:25 PM
I made it there, as well. (I know this is late, but I'm new here! I should be forgiven for zombifying the thread!)

Anyways, I only paid $25, which should have been even less! The website said there would be a discount for ANYONE with a CCI Badge, but they changed that at the box office. I found a soft patch of grass next to a tree and sat down by the ocean. I love San Diego Harbor at night.

While waiting for the concert to begin, I met a couple of dudes who were first timers to San Diego AND Comic-Con! In fact, they were only at Comic-con to kill time before the concert!

When the concert started, there were a group of kids behind me chatting away, with one guy in the tree singing along to the FF8 music. When Intermission happened, I gave up my "choice" seat behind the camera tower and moved to a bench in the "privileged" section, only to lose it to the security crew!

I left during the middle of the last song, got my uber-expensive disposable cameras from security and left. On my way out, I met a bunch of conventioneers who simply stood outside the gates and heard the concert for FREE! I mean, I'm glad I got the shirt, but I was there for the music and should have been on the outside looking in!

I then had to find a way out of the back of the convention center, since Elite wasn't letting anyone THROUGH the complex (there's a set of stairs that would have made life MUCH easier for me)! After searching my way through the Mariott parking lot, I made my trolley and bus and went home!

All in all, a good time. I'm at least glad I heard my favorite FF song played by a professional orchestra ("Chocobos!")