PDA

View Full Version : Baron Vladimir Harkonnen (DUNE)(HELLSING)

daguru
06-07-2005, 02:31 AM
I figured this would fit in here better. For another hellsing costume, I wanted to make the "spirit of the harkonnen" guy who's in every episode after the credits. I later realized that this character is Kohta Hirano's homage to DUNE. I was like, "HEY! That's the Baron!"

To the point, I'm looking for some good pictures of his trenchoat. Of course I'm referring to the 1984 movie version of DUNE, not the 2000 mini-series. I tried google, but it only turned up some crappy headshots.

raevyn
06-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Oh! I wish I could help you :3 I love Dune with a passion, so I'm excited for you XD Why don't you just rent the movie? I know my local Blockbuster has a copy (I watched it a while ago)

daguru
06-09-2005, 12:18 AM
yep! that's what I did just a few hours ago. ^_^

This'll be my first fat-suit costume. Luckily I know someone experienced in making them. I wish I couls, somehow, levitate for pictures.

Celebrimbor
06-09-2005, 12:58 AM
Cosplaying the baron...

1. Go to KFC.
2. Buy the bucket.
3. Consume.
4. Repeat as needed.

I'd recommend that, if possible, you find someone else to do either Victoria Celes or Paul (stillsuit would be hard to do, but those jihad inspired green and red Atreides uniforms* are pretty stylin'). It might help to prevent the inevitable "So, who are you?" Though Gaius Helen Mohiam might also be cool to see, though a bit strange** to be seen with the Baron.

'New' Dune History:
* In the new K.J. Anderson Dune books, it was established that during the Butlerian Jihad, Landstrade Jihadi forces wore uniforms of green with red piping symbolizing the life they preserve and the blood they've spilled. Ginaz forces, on the other hand, wore uniforms of red and gold, symbolizing the blood they spill, and the gold they get paid for it.

** It was also established that the Baron raped Mohiam (though she was there to bed him anyway...) and as retribution she infected him with a wasting disease that caused his weight gain.

NeoSpike
06-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Haha. Lol "BRING IN THE FLYING FAT MAN!" Then when Paul's little sis kills him...SHE POPS HIM! THATS PRETTY FUCING FUNNY! :cool: Wesker Syle