PDA

View Full Version : Need to get to NAF from T.O? Take the bus with us!

Seed-chan
06-07-2005, 04:37 PM
[EDIT: Well now, I suddenly got a ride to NAF. BUt there are still people meeting up at the same place and time, so I suppose this is still on~ You guys can meet up with Kia on the first car of the train, she can lead the way? ^^; (Sorry Kia~)]

Heeeyy NAF and potential NAF goers!

So I keep seeing people saying that they want to go to NAF, but either dunno how to get there or don't have a ride. Well, here's a suggestion, come take the GO train with us!

Several of us will be taking the go train to NAF, and if you like, you can meet up with us.

Transportation information available in this post (http://forums.cosplay.com/showpost.php?p=1108930&postcount=4).

Cost: From Union Station to Pickering, the two-way go fare is $14.70 , while the one way fare is $7.35. Also, you will need about $2 for the bus from Pickering to Oshawa.
Meet up time: 9:30 AM in front of Cinnabon, but they'll only wait abut 10 minutes, and they're gonna catch the train that leaves at 10:13.
Meet up place: Cinnabon in Union Go Station. You can't miss it, just follow your nose~

(All those with ? Question marks beside their names, please confirm)
Currently:
- Edgar_Strife
- Kia (Meet up with you on train)
- Squall1882? (Or are you meeting up with Kia? Or... I'm just confusing myself @_@)
- shiro_hikaru

Anyone else?

kels
06-08-2005, 02:37 PM
puhahaha.. *grabs katsuyuki and is read to go*

Edgar Strife
06-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Sounds like fun, but I can't say yet if I'll join. Once I find out how things turn out, I'll post my decision and hopefully I can join you guys.

Seed-chan
06-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Well, crap, I just learned today that there aren't any buses at Finch going to Oshawa on Saturday >____<;;;

BUUUUUUT, that doesn't mean I'm not going anymore. Just a slight change of plans! Instead of meeting at Finch, we'll meet up at Union Station, and take the GO train instead! We'll still get to Oshawa GO station, and then we'll take whatever method to get to Durham college (NAF people, I heard there was going to be a shuttle or something?). It's a bit more expensive than the bus, but not by much. Only $7.35 one way, and $14.70 two ways.

Tsukasa_1
06-09-2005, 06:50 PM
We are trying to make arrangements to have a shuttle service from Pickering go station to Durham College (as that is the end of the line on saturday for the go train), I cant make any offical anoucements as of yet- as we keep calling the place that was to have setup for us and they keep telling us to call back later...

Anyways other Station ideas are, Yorkdale -> Oshawa (via Bus) the same bus goes to yorkmills, Scarbro (Bad spelling day x.x;) town center, then travels down highway two from port union all the way to oshawa.

Katsuyuki_Shiro
06-11-2005, 09:55 AM
If we get lost once we get to Oshawa we'll do the next best things: Wander around.. or ask for directions.. ^^;;

Seed-chan
06-11-2005, 11:45 AM
Dude, wandering around = BAD IDEA. I'll just call up Mekou or something ^^;

TheWestWind
06-22-2005, 08:21 AM
I think I can meet up with you guys... I have no CLUE how to get to the NAF, lol! It's the day before my B-Day, yay! But (almost)more importantly, it's Sasuke's B-day on the 23! So that for sure means Sasuke cosplay, lol!

Anyways, meet up at Union, go on bus for a while, go to con, go on bus for a while again, go back to Union, go on Subway, go home... That's July 23 for me I guess, lol! Hopefully I won't get home at like 1am, I'll probably have something happening the next day, though I dunno what I'll do for my B-Day... Sweet 16, y'know?

NamaeX
07-01-2005, 02:42 AM
According to some people I know, you can't take the GO Train to Oshawa on Saturdays. You'd have to either catch a ride by car, drive yourself, or take the train the night before and stay overnight.

Kia
07-01-2005, 04:21 AM
On Saturdays the GO train only goes as far as Pickering, but there are bus connections to all the other destinations further East (live Ajax and Oshawa).

If you guys are meeting at Union, that would be perfect for me (I'm coming in from Mississauga, so I'd already be on the train, if I knew which time you were planing to catch it from Union). We should exchange cell #'s so we can try and meet up. ^_^

Squall1882
07-01-2005, 08:24 AM
Kia if I am going from Toronto to the Con I"ll definately meet you at Union!! Not sure if I can go yet.. so I'll post a confirmation later... gotta see how the work schedule is at that time...

Kia
07-01-2005, 03:49 PM
Kia if I am going from Toronto to the Con I"ll definately meet you at Union!! Not sure if I can go yet.. so I'll post a confirmation later... gotta see how the work schedule is at that time...
Because of where I get on at Clarkson Go Station, I usually ride on the first car of the train. If we don't end up exchanging #'s, that'll be the first place to look for me. ^_^

Squall1882
07-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Because of where I get on at Clarkson Go Station, I usually ride on the first car of the train. If we don't end up exchanging #'s, that'll be the first place to look for me. ^_^

I still have your cell # from the picnic at highpark in my phone (from last year) ahahahahah...

Tsukasa_1
07-02-2005, 12:23 PM
According to some people I know, you can't take the GO Train to Oshawa on Saturdays. You'd have to either catch a ride by car, drive yourself, or take the train the night before and stay overnight.

Go Transit runs shuttle bus service from the pickering go station TO the oshawa go station, from there you would transfer to another go bus to get to downtown oshawa.

Squall1882
07-03-2005, 12:19 AM
If you don't wanna bother with Taking the Go Train from Union.. then transferring to the shuttle to take you to Oshawa... you can always take the Go bus from Yorkdale, York Mills, or Scarborough town that will go there too...

Kia
07-04-2005, 04:14 AM
Go Transit runs shuttle bus service from the pickering go station TO the oshawa go station, from there you would transfer to another go bus to get to downtown oshawa.
Any idea which bus? I have the horrible tendency to get lost on public transportation, especially if I don't know where I'm going ...

Tsukasa_1
07-04-2005, 12:08 PM
From pickering go station their will be a shuttle bus labled "Oshawa" that you can get on (if all else fails ask the driver to verify were he is going)- from the oshawa go station you can transfer onto a bus titled "Yorkdale", and you will be getting off that bus at the Oshawa Bus Terminal- from there you will be walking west on bond street until you reach simcoe and you will walk a a min or so north on simcoe till you reach a bus stop- and you will get on the "1 Simcoe" bus.

Squall1882
07-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Lol.. if you can get to either Yorkdale, York Mills, or Scarborough Town... that is the go bus that is suggested to get on after the train and the shuttle bus... since the subway is more familiar to some downtown it is much easier to go from Union to York Mills and Take the Oshawa go bus which will let you off right near the simcoe bus bus stop...

Edgar Strife
07-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Hum.........from the ways thngs are going, I'll be able to come to NAF and I like to join the group meeting that's up at the station. This will be my first time to NAF & boarding on a Go Train [I have never been on one]

Seed-chan
07-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Ah~ Sorry I've sorta disappeared for a while ><; S'been a busy summer so far...

Anyways, I think the meetup at Union will be fine, and it'd be great having more people! The one thing I request is that if you guys are gonna meet up with us, PLEASE CONFIRM. We won't wait for late stragglers, and I personally don't want a HUGE unexpected crowd to suddenly show up in Union (*cough*compared to last time in Finch for the Island Picnic >_>;; ).

Kia - It'd be great if we could meet up with you~ What time do you plan to start heading to Oshawa? Since there's no meetup time set yet, and you're coming from Mississauga, I'm thinking you should choose a time for when you leave, and then we'll set up a time for meeting up at union station that will be before your train comes in.

And... I just lost my train of thought. Crap. More later ><;

Kia
07-14-2005, 08:31 PM
The train from Union pulls out of the station 13 minutes after ever hour (if I remember correctly). Anyone know what time the convention begins, since I have no idea how long it will take us to get there.

Tsukasa_1
07-14-2005, 09:05 PM
From pickering go station their will be a shuttle bus labled "Oshawa" that you can get on (if all else fails ask the driver to verify were he is going)- from the oshawa go station you can transfer onto a bus titled "Yorkdale", and you will be getting off that bus at the Oshawa Bus Terminal- from there you will be walking west on bond street until you reach simcoe and you will walk a a min or so north on simcoe till you reach a bus stop- and you will get on the "1 Simcoe" bus.

When you get your tickets make sure you ask for a ticket to oshawa- thus it will cover all the in between GO BUSES, but once you transfer onto the 1 Simcoe North bus you will have to pay an additional $2.00 (or $1.75 for students?), but you will not have to pay for any of the go buses if you ticket is for oshawa.

shiro_hikaru
07-15-2005, 01:59 AM
York Mills is closer for me, would it be okay if I just met you guys at the bus platform?

Ryukka
07-15-2005, 04:51 AM
Considering its 10 minutes away from my house... I'll be driving if I go haha! I'm so broke right now but I didn't get to go last year which made me sad because it's my community's con. Hopefully this year...

Seed-chan
07-17-2005, 04:32 PM
The train from Union pulls out of the station 13 minutes after ever hour (if I remember correctly). Anyone know what time the convention begins, since I have no idea how long it will take us to get there.
From the Northern Anime Festival reg page (http://northernanime.ca/?mod=rinf): General Hours (Panel/Video/Events): 9:00am to 12:00am (Sunday)
The Anime Market Place: 9:00am to 9:00pm
Registration Desk: 9:00am to 5:30pm

fox.boy suggested that those meeting up at Union should meet up at 9:30 in front of Cinnabon (that's inside the Union GO station.... follow your nose~ XD) and then catch the 10:30 train, though I dunno if that may be a bit late. (Anyone? Kia? WestWind? Anyone have any suggestions as to what time?)

I can also meet up with people at Finch station if they fear they'll get lost at Union.

I'll update the first post.

shiro_hikaru
07-17-2005, 05:20 PM
what's with the Sunday schedule I thought the festival was the Saturday...

Tsukasa_1
07-17-2005, 06:04 PM
what's with the Sunday schedule I thought the festival was the Saturday...

Ahh ok, just looked it over- because that some of the events go past 12:00am or up to 12:00am, sunday was put into brackets to prevent confusion (although it created it instead)- anyways there is no events scheduled during the "DAY" of sunday- just in the very early hours for those who want to finsh up watching videos and such :)

Edgar Strife
07-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Seed-Chan, I send in my PM.

Kia
07-17-2005, 08:55 PM
From the Northern Anime Festival reg page (http://northernanime.ca/?mod=rinf):

fox.boy suggested that those meeting up at Union should meet up at 9:30 in front of Cinnabon (that's inside the Union GO station.... follow your nose~ XD) and then catch the 10:30 train, though I dunno if that may be a bit late. (Anyone? Kia? WestWind? Anyone have any suggestions as to what time?)

The train should be arriving at Union at 10:08 and shoujld pull out of the station at 10:13am. Catching that train is no problem for me, but I don't know if you guys want to meet up any earlier than that. ^_^

Edgar Strife
07-17-2005, 09:58 PM
The 9:30 meeting spot at Union Station is alright with me.

Kia
07-18-2005, 12:59 PM
Just a thought ... are people planing on taking off early after the masq or something? Because if any of us wait until the festivities are over, the GO service would have ended by then.

Seed-chan
07-18-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm probably leaving right after the masq, parentals are on the fritz on my end right now about me going home late every single weekend >_o

shiro_hikaru
07-19-2005, 04:14 AM
Just a thought ... are people planing on taking off early after the masq or something? Because if any of us wait until the festivities are over, the GO service would have ended by then.
Am I missing something...

I mean if we take the Oshawa go (since it runs from 6am-12am) from Scarborough Town then take the 1 Simcoe (which runs pretty much the same time as the Oshawa Go)...

then how would the bus stop running when the festival ends ...doesn't the festival only go til about 9pm?

Kia
07-19-2005, 07:19 AM
The website doesn't seen to have enough information to tell me exactly *what* is going on until midnight, but it does say:
General Hours (Panel/Video/Events): 9:00am to 12:00am (Sunday)
The Anime Market Place: 9:00am to 9:00pm
Registration Desk: 9:00am to 5:30pm

So maybe there isn't enough stuf to keep me occupied until midnight, but there might ... and if so, I'm not sure about transportation back anymore ...

shiro_hikaru
07-19-2005, 08:15 AM
*noob language* what is the whole sunday saturday deal? I thought the festival was one day?

Mekou
07-19-2005, 12:17 PM
>> *noob language* what is the whole sunday saturday deal? I thought the festival was one day?

Because a day ends at 11:59pm. Anything after that is the next day. XP

The website doesn't seen to have enough information to tell me exactly *what* is going on until midnight, but it does say.

Kia, don't follow our website, it's horribly under-info-ed. -____-; That just goes to show you how BADLY understaffed we are, we don't have the time/enery/info to update our own website... (/I/ wanted to do it, since I love websites and it's about the only thing I'm competent with. But noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. >=/)

There will be plenty for you to do for most of the day, even if it's just being silly with me and Lindsay. ^______^

Ochika
07-19-2005, 02:34 PM
it goes late cause theres a dance aswell >_>

Seed-chan
07-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Since no one said anythign against it, 9:30 is the official meet up time then. Updated the first post. Most likely, we won't wait longer than 10-15 minutes for anyone who's confirmed... and very few people have confirmed. =p

If anyone wants my phone number, I'll be posting it on Thursday. (And then taking it off on Sunday =p)

Kia
07-20-2005, 04:51 PM
:: nod :: By 10am, if you're not there, then it'll probably be too late.

And just as a reminder, I'll be on the first car. ^_^

Edgar Strife
07-20-2005, 05:43 PM
Quick question, lets say we arrive early, should we go ahead and buy our train ticket or are we all going to buy them as a group? [When everyone is there]

Seed-chan
07-20-2005, 05:52 PM
You might as well go ahead and buy it. The lines might be shorter or something x_x; Remember to ask for "Oshawa" though ^^;

Kia
07-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Best to buy your ticket on your own and wait for the group. Make sure you ask for ONE FROM UNION TO OSHAWA. If you're only going one way, then don't get a return ticket, only get that if you're planing on coming back to Union the same way you got to Oshawa. ^_^

Edgar Strife
07-20-2005, 06:02 PM
I see, so that's how it works I was wondering since I never been a Go Train brfore. Thank you both for replying to my question.

Kia
07-20-2005, 06:17 PM
Not a problem. Go Transit charges for the distance you are travelling, not one flat fare, like if you were taking the TTC or Mississauga Transit. So, if oyu don't have the correct ticket, and a conductor comes by asking to check your ticket, and your curent location and the information on your ticket don't match up, then you're in trouble. And if you're taking GO Tranisit back the exact same way you came, then it only makes sense to save yourself the time and effort and just get a return ticket.

I've been travelling by Go Transit consistently for the past 5 years, so I know the system well. ^_^

shiro_hikaru
07-20-2005, 07:09 PM
okay so it's 9:30am Saturday at Union? Any specific place, Union is a bit big especially when you only have one cosplayer still waiting for eveyone else...

Seed-chan
07-20-2005, 07:17 PM
okay so it's 9:30am Saturday at Union? Any specific place, Union is a bit big especially when you only have one cosplayer still waiting for eveyone else...
In front of Cinnabon.

I'll try to get there early. (Usually I arrive at places either on time or 15 minutes late =_=; )

shiro_hikaru
07-20-2005, 07:55 PM
does anyone know how much it is...

Seed-chan
07-20-2005, 08:01 PM
does anyone know how much it is... Actually, just check out the first post ^^;

When I checked when I was writing the first post, it was $7.35 from Toronto to Oshawa + $2 for the bus from Pickering to Oshawa, or $14.70 for the round trip including from Oshawa back to Toronto.

kels
07-21-2005, 09:21 PM
this is seed-chan: i am in the wrong account~
i suddenly have a ride TO naf.. im really sorry for bailing on you guys the day before naf.. sorryyyy

shiro_hikaru
07-21-2005, 09:48 PM
...so is someone else taking charge?

Kia
07-21-2005, 10:06 PM
What's to take charge of? I'll be on the train coming from Clarkson (a few stations before Union). If anyone interested follows the same directions listed in this thread, gets on the 10:13 (which is the time it pulls OUT of the station, so be there EARLY) and gets on the farthest EAST car, a.k.a. the first car behind the engine, I'll be there. We'll figure out the rest of the trip together. ^_^

EDIT: If people are really worried about not being able to find me, PM me and I'll give you my cell #.

Seed-chan
07-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Sorry guys ^^; I didn't know I got a ride until like... an hour ago. (From kels~ which is why she posted for me while I had my hands tied up doing something else. Wow... she fails at trying to talk like me =P) I feel so bad now ><;

But yeah, you guys can still meet up, and go find Kia and keep her company! XD

Edgar Strife
07-22-2005, 05:24 PM
Quick question
how many ppl are going to meet at the station [ in front of cinnabon] ? From what I can tell after reading the first post, it seems shiro_hikaru & I [Edgar] will be the only one meeting so far, is that right? Just wanted to make sure that way we don't leave anyone behind and we'll meet kai on board the train correct? I'll be cosplaying Subaru Sumeragi [for those who went to the cosplay picnic, I'll be wearing the outfit with the top hat then i'll change into the white hakama]

Edtel
07-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Does the train from Union Station to Pickering go through the Danforth station? I'll be closer to there and might try to catch that one. It's faster for me than going all the way downtown and then back east. But knowing me, I might want to sleep in later than that. I'll see if I run into people going or not. I hope in a way that I do, since I'm not entirely sure exactly how to get there.

Kia
07-22-2005, 09:21 PM
Does the train from Union Station to Pickering go through the Danforth station? I'll be closer to there and might try to catch that one. It's faster for me than going all the way downtown and then back east. But knowing me, I might want to sleep in later than that. I'll see if I run into people going or not. I hope in a way that I do, since I'm not entirely sure exactly how to get there.
You're in luck! The Danforth GO Station is on the Lakeshore line. I've checked the schedule, and if you want to travel with us, you'll need to catch the 10:23 train going East. You can find us once you're on the train. ^_^

Edtel
07-22-2005, 10:36 PM
Front car, was it? I'll do my best to be on time.

shiro_hikaru
07-23-2005, 07:44 AM
okay off I go, if anyone wants to join me I'll be going on the Union platform at around ten-ish, I'm cosplaying Omi *Weiss Kreuz* so yeah sorry that I can't stand out more. Look for goggles!

See you guys there. if not it'll just be me, Edgar (Jesus), Kia, and Edtel.