PDA

View Full Version : Jacon2003

XLainoftheWired
01-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Anyone going to JACON? If so, who are you cosplaying if you are. This way maybe I could recognize some of you. I'm gunna be Jiima!

Sami
01-17-2003, 12:32 PM
There is a very very slim chance that I might be going.. ^___^; If I went, I'd probably cosplay Kidd because I hear it's warm down there, and the less heavy clothing the better!

XLainoftheWired
01-17-2003, 12:33 PM
Very warm, especially May31-June2, man am I in trouble though. I am cosplaying in a black vinyl trench... ouch.

yuffieleonheart
01-17-2003, 03:59 PM
me^^ i am gonna be the new yuna and yuffie from kingdom hearts^^

PretearWink
01-17-2003, 06:32 PM
I'll be there! Probably as Dita if I can get his outfit done in time^^; But for absolutely sure in my kick-bootie Mylene Jenius costume!

XLainoftheWired
01-18-2003, 02:13 AM
You must do Dita! If I am cosplaying Jiima at JACON someone needs to be Dita with me :(. "Fight!"

XLainoftheWired
01-19-2003, 03:52 AM
No ther JACON2003ers here on cosplay.com?

ScaterZ
01-19-2003, 10:37 PM
Hey Dennis, my sister is pretty pissed off that you haven't called her about your car when you told her last week that you would. She's towing your car somewhere and you'll have to pay for it.

Arisa
01-19-2003, 11:00 PM
oO There's already a thread for Jacon....

childdoll
01-20-2003, 10:42 AM
I'm hopefully going as Iris Chateaubriand from Sakura Taisen.

psythe
01-20-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Sami
There is a very very slim chance that I might be going.. ^___^; If I went, I'd probably cosplay Kidd because I hear it's warm down there, and the less heavy clothing the better!

Teh Sami at Jacon!! XD!!!!

I will be more than likely doing Reno and dependent on time frame, Kahr Ramsus. I may bring out Chloe, not sure. The cloak in that weather...oi.

Arisa
01-20-2003, 08:16 PM
**is going to Jacon with her boyfriend** ^.^

makio
01-21-2003, 12:56 AM
Definitely going to JACON'03, probably with a decent sized group. I've only got my 'Grave' costume planned, possibly my PSO FoMar costume if it's done in time. I'm amazed how big JACON gets with every year though... didn't think that many people knew about it.

Kimiko
01-26-2003, 10:22 PM
I should be there Fri & Sunday... Pretty much, Orange.... A lot. ^.^

makio
01-30-2003, 01:25 AM
-blinks-
Very "orange"!!

Any particular costume in mind? I'd like to actually get a cosplay skit going this year at JACON, since it's the only anime convention I've regularly attended that I haven't actively participated in (other than costume contest display). If anyone's got ideas, I welcome them. :)

Kimiko
02-03-2003, 01:32 PM
Yes, Very Orange ::giggles:: sorry, orange is kinda a thing with me..... uhmm... any groups I know of? Actually... no.... This'll be my first year going to Jacon, i'm being "dragged" by a few friends cause I'll be in FL. ^.^

Kimiko

yuffieleonheart
02-03-2003, 01:53 PM
update on my costume i am gonna be yuffie kh, yuna ffx-2 and a br student

makio
02-04-2003, 04:35 AM
I didn't mean any offense by the 'orange' comment, in fact - it's pretty cool! Nice website too. :D It's my second favorite colour actually. All flattery aside, I'm sure you'll enjoy JACON. It's one of the few cons I can honestly say gets better with every year, well organized for the most part since it's in the immense university student union.

I finally got a 'tenative' cosplay schedule together too:
Friday - Vivi/Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
Saturday - Grave (Gungrave)
Sunday - Soma Cruz (Castlevania)

I'd gladly change around the appearance days of the costumes if anyone still wants to get a theme going.

psythe
02-04-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by MakioTwist
I'd gladly change around the appearance days of the costumes if anyone still wants to get a theme going.

I'm still all for getting a full Turks//FF7 group going Makio, know anyone that would wanna get in on that? I'll be bringing Reno for sure.

makio
02-04-2003, 08:26 PM
Oh? That's cool then... I wouldn't have a problem bringing a suit for the Rude costume, just let me know which day to bring it. :) I could probably get my friend Michael to go as Professor Hojo if needed.

Kimiko
02-05-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by MakioTwist
I didn't mean any offense by the 'orange' comment, in fact - it's pretty cool! Nice website too. :D It's my second favorite colour actually. All flattery aside, I'm sure you'll enjoy JACON. It's one of the few cons I can honestly say gets better with every year, well organized for the most part since it's in the immense university student union.

No offense taken, I assure you. ^.^ Thanks for the compliments on my site as well..... Jacon's a nice con I've heard, so I'm looking forward to it!

Kimi

Arisa
02-12-2003, 11:53 PM
My plans for cosplaying at Jacon.... not sure of what days I'll wear them, but Selphie, Aerith (likely KH aerith... I dunno how to make the bangles or the jacket for FFVII Aerith >< I suck), and Fuu. Of course, Jacon's about three months off, so I'll likely change my mind (aka, only go in one costume or something... I'm such a slacker o_-)

makio
02-13-2003, 06:57 AM
It's a full couple of months ahead... Megacon(Orlando), Anime Express(Daytona), and then JACON!

Luckily, that Rude of the Turks(FF7) costume is easy enough to complete for that Friday. I probably won't even finish up the Grave costume until next month since I'm bogged down with Ky Kiske for Megacon... and DJ Professor K' for the JSRF group at Anime Express.

yuffieleonheart
02-13-2003, 03:49 PM
i think i will stick with the same costumes so far for anime express, (maybe i'll finish kasumi from doa) and for jacon we are having a battle royale group so i'll have that one done for then

Lucifer
02-17-2003, 11:58 AM
I'm of course going to Jacon, since my roommates literally are fighting over where I get to volunteer (I live with the guy who runs the con).

So far, only thing is definite is Wiseman. I NEED Black Moon people, I don't care who anyone! Black Ladys, Saffirus, Demandos, anyone.

I dun want to be a lonely little Wiseman. ;.;

Kellie
02-17-2003, 12:14 PM
I'm pondering JACON greatly. I'll need to do some pre-re-arranging of costumes and fight to have off friday and so forth and get off early on thursday so I can perhaps fly down that evening and than come home sunday afternoon/evening sometime.

Costume wise? I have no idea as of right now. I'm still planning and changing and so forth.

Arisa
02-19-2003, 09:33 PM
I think, by Jacon, I'll have all the stuff I need for a FFVII Aerith costume, so mebbe I could join your battle roayle group, Yuffie!

yuffieleonheart
02-20-2003, 03:44 PM
that would be awesome arisa ^^ so far i am gonna do noriko, my friend is chigusa. my other friend will be the announcer girl and wink is in the group too^.^

VPMiyu
03-01-2003, 09:49 PM
I will be at JaCon. I will be either the girl who looks absolutely clueless or the girl buying up all the stuff at the vendors display. Oh, and I am dragging my Mom along to...

makio
03-03-2003, 12:01 AM
Depending on Jason-Duo, I'll probably appear that Saturday as Anji Mito(Guilty Gear XX) or Soma Cruz (Castlevania:Aria of Sorrow). Progress pictures coming soon...!

yuffieleonheart
03-03-2003, 04:09 PM
omg vpmiyu your going !! yays^-^

Lynch
03-04-2003, 01:04 AM
Yeah, I'll be at Jacon... I'm at most the Florida cons anyway.

Friday- Sexy no Jutsu Naruto from Naruto
Saturday- Nausicaa from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Sunday- Unknown from KHFM

I think they're in that order. I dunno, we'll see when the time comes

makio
03-04-2003, 10:02 AM
..okay, another update to that last post.

Jason-Duo tells me the JACON staff has planned some kind of 'gaming party night' that Friday, so I'll most likely be dressed as Anji Mito then. However, I'll bring my FF7 Rude suit for photos.

scandia
03-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Welcome to the board Lynch! Glad to see another friend here.

I cannot wait till JACON. Here is my costume line-up:

Friday- Ruri from Nadesico
Saturday- Eternal Emeraude from MKR
Sunday- not sure yet if I'll go, or if to go in anime costume or simply as a flamenco dancer.

Anyone know yet about the panels? Will there be QuickDraw?

makio
03-05-2003, 09:18 PM
Quickdraw... I should've entered that last year. I'll ask about it though.

makio
04-01-2003, 05:43 PM
[b]EDIT:[b]
Friday is indeed going to be a gaming night hosted by JasonDuo and other JACON staffers. There's apparently a GuiltyGearXX gathering along with other fighting games.

Saturday, I'm still trying to get people to join in the Castlevania group. According to CosplayLab.com; there's a couple people going in CV costume, which would make a really good photosession and possibly cosplay skit. IM/email/PM for details.

Elmikey
04-01-2003, 07:14 PM
I should be kickin it Saturday as Kite from .hack .

yuffieleonheart
04-01-2003, 07:37 PM
update on my costume ^^

battle royale
yuffie
x-2 yuna
possible kasumi

XLainoftheWired
04-02-2003, 09:40 AM
me... Shuji... thats the only one i got so far... and I still dont have a Chise to partner with me.

Gaming Night sounds cool though, I cant wait to have my mad skillz at Guilty Gear XX torn apart by someone I've never met! w00t!

makio
04-02-2003, 10:44 PM
LoL, I'm not so worried about the GGXX tourney compared to those people playing DDR! I really hope the room is well ventilated! I was nearly overwhelmed by their fanboy funk while playing Capcom vs SNK2 last year. :drunk:

Ihrie
04-03-2003, 01:02 PM
My planned costumes are......

Friday - Zidane from "Final Fantasy IX"
Saturday - Shuichi from "Gravitation"
Sunday - Hale from "Jungle Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu"

I still.....have no way to get there....but that shouldn't be TOO hard, I mean, I only live two hours away......>_>

EKYO
04-05-2003, 12:46 AM
Hopefully, I'll be going. I was there last year, and I hope to go again. ^^; It might be kind of difficult, seeing as I live about eight hours away... @_o;;;

Here's what my costume line up will be (or this is something kind of like it)

Friday - Cage Kyo of Dir en Grey
Saturday - Cage PV (labcoat) Kyo of Dir en Grey
Sunday - Either Kasumi Kyo or [KR] Cube PV Kyo...

Ihrie
04-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Ack!!! My costumes changed....as they tend to do....I'm pushing Hale back, and I'm doing Carrot again for a Sorcerer Hunters group, and, I'm doing Tseng for a FF7 group.

makio
04-06-2003, 05:11 PM
EDIT:
BerserkerLuffy and a couple others were talking this past weekend about various costumes to wear for JACON (some of them even were inspired to take up new ones)...and so the actual ones I'll wear have changed. I didn't get that 'grand' of a response on Castlevania cosplay (not that I blame them, I'm almost assured it'll be a scorcher of a summer ahead), so even I had to do a 'roster shake up' of sorts. :thumbsup:

Friday: Rude(FF7), Anji Mito(GGXX)
Saturday: -himitsu!-
Sunday: Wakka (KH)...?

LainaBug
04-08-2003, 03:15 PM
I'll deffinately be there...I'm everywhere LOL

not sure what costumes yet though, well I kinda do but I cant disclose that quite yet hehee ^^;;

PretearWink
04-08-2003, 03:41 PM
We're gonna need to remake those armguards of yours Ihrie XD For Jacon I'm doing Gambler Rikku (almost done!) and that's all since I'm swamped for my reg Rikku and Koda Kumi costumes for the FFBall;.; Until I get those done, I promised I wouldn't start on my next ones^_^

Arisa
04-09-2003, 09:50 PM
Current plans (most likely will change):

Selphie
Fuu
Short-haired cowgirl Ayumi from "Appears"

makio
04-09-2003, 10:34 PM
Carrot would be a great costume to see, especially with Brett Weaver being at JACON. I'll have to snag a picture of you two. :)

Lucifer
04-14-2003, 11:50 AM
Hey, I keep hearing about a Turk group at jacon, friday or at that gaming party thing.

Anyone need Elena? I'm systemetically trying to cosplay every Turk member (one a year) and have a wig for her already.

PM me if ya want.

makio
04-14-2003, 07:48 PM
Sure. :) Thus far, it's Psythe as Reno, myself as Rude... though as aformentioned; I'll only be in costume as Rude for about a half-hour or so, then I'm changing into my Anji Mito costume for the gaming event at 8pm.

*Jibrielle*
04-14-2003, 09:18 PM
I'm going to Jacon too!

Friday-----> I dunno yet
Saturday---------> Rosiel from Angel Santuary
Sunday------------> Maybe: Another Rosiel

Anyone want to do a Angel Sanctuary group???
It's my first year cosplaying! YAY!!!! :D

*Jibrielle*
04-14-2003, 09:47 PM
...any have any ideas ?????

Lucifer
04-14-2003, 10:06 PM
Sweet. My bf has a black suit (or is it navy blue?) I can use. If its navy blue I'll find it. I only curse myself for never keeping my old Turk suit from last year.

I'm in, you got yourself an Elena.

makio
04-14-2003, 11:25 PM
Shibby. :) I'm not sure what colour it is either, since I've seen both navy blue and black suits... Mine'll be black though.

Anyway, all we need now is Tseng... and possibly Rufus ShinRa!

Lucifer
04-14-2003, 11:29 PM
Well, I can talk to G. David about pulling his Rufus out for a bit (he was our Rufus back at Megacon 2002). Not sure if he'd be willing, but can't hurt to ask.

I'll go with a black suit, since you'll have black and it means I don't have to buy one lol.

makio
04-15-2003, 10:27 AM
I know I PM'ed Lucifer about it, but I'm changing character from Rude to Tseng since I really am opposed to shaving my head, let alone wearing those plastic baldcaps... most of which not even matching my skintone, LoL.

Lucifer
04-15-2003, 01:15 PM
You do realise this means I get to hang on you because from what most sites say Elena has a thing for Tseng hahahah.

^_^

XLainoftheWired
04-16-2003, 09:46 PM
I still dont have anyone to go with me as Chise :(. I'm going to be Shuji, so I need a Chise. It's not right :(. Oh well... I guess I'll live. By the way I made an AMV to submit in the contest. Its my first contest and second AMV. It's so cool. I did Onegai Teacher with the Ataris song "IOU One Galaxy". Its cool. Does anyone know why they extended the pre-reg deadline? Just wondering.

makio
04-16-2003, 10:04 PM
Not sure, but I do like the Ataris. :)

XLainoftheWired
04-16-2003, 10:08 PM
everyone love happy lovey emo-core! Except those that dont... I guess...

Arisa
04-17-2003, 07:30 PM
I have so many costumes... @_@ I'm doing Yuna, plus I have a few original costumes designed (Fuu and Aerith!) that I intend on cosplaying... @_@ I'll just hafta bring 'em all with me, I guess.

scandia
04-17-2003, 09:20 PM
I finally decided what to wear on Sunday. I will go as Wind Pretear again. Hopefully my feet won't ache too much from the two previous days. I will start fixing my Pretear costume tomorrow. Pretty eclectic mix: Ruri (Friday), Eternal Emeraude (Saturday), Pretear (Sunday).

Lucifer
04-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Finally got my selection down for jacon, all feet friendly for the most part.

Friday - Elena (Final Fantasy VII)
Saturday - Aya (Weiss Kreuz OVA)
Sunday - Akito (Fruits Basket)

Depending on if I can pick up a friend, I'll go to the video game, thing...in a Alucard from CSotN (pretty much coatless, with poofy shirt and vest). If not I'd wear that to Cyberia, or something. Dunno.

makio
04-18-2003, 05:55 AM
All the Castlevania cosplayers are coming out of the woodwork! :crylaugh: Where were they when I asked two months ago?! LOL! Anyway, thanks to one other fan of Castlevania in particular, I'm adding Alucard to my line up:

Friday - Tseng(FFVII), Anji Mito(GGXX)
Saturday - Alucard(C:SotN)
Sunday - Sieg Wahrheit(CL)

It's amazing the kind of looks you get from people for buying 7 belts and no pants. -mock cough- Damn bishonen and their belt fetishes!

XLainoftheWired
04-18-2003, 10:44 AM
It's amazing the kind of looks you get from people for buying 7 belts and no pants.lol

yuffieleonheart
04-18-2003, 12:14 PM
i have 4 costumes for jacon ^^ so i will be doing these but i don't know in what order

noriko *BR*
yuna *X-2*
kasumi *DOA*
yuffie *KH*

BayushiKachiko
04-18-2003, 05:55 PM
Hrm...Belts. Yeah, guess I'll need a couple for my Richter costume, LoL.

Friday-- Kachiko (LoFR)...maybe
Saturday--Richter (C:SoTN)
Not sure if I'll be attending all three days, but come hell or high water I'll be there Saturday!

Oh yeah! And since I'm a shameless promoter of a friend of mine, I know someone in the Orlando area that makes custom leather stuff (collars, wrist cuffs, bracers) for REALLY reasonable prices. If any one should happen to be looking for anything like that, let me know and I can give you his info, or something. ^_^

PretearWink
04-18-2003, 06:37 PM
Ok, I think I have my costumes in final order...if I can get them all done in time ^_^;;;

Friday: Rikku from FFX
Saturday: Dark Magician Girl
Sunday: Gambler Rikku

That's probably how it's gonna go^_^

yuffieleonheart
04-18-2003, 08:03 PM
*_* wink i'll wear X-2 yuna on sunday then ^.^ hmm are u still doing br???

makio
04-18-2003, 08:29 PM
BayushiKachiko - I might need that friend's help later on with my Jubei Yagyu(Onimusha2)costume, and possibly Alucard's belt. If s/he has a website or some kind of priceguide, let me know! :crylaugh:

PretearWink
04-18-2003, 08:35 PM
Ooooh, costum leather stuff @.@ I definitely would love to get some info on that^_^

Yuffie: Doing DMG at the last second has cut off my spending money by like... a million percent ;.; I'd love to do BR, but I'd need to comission one of those blinking collars and stuff, and I just won't have the time now, sorry. ;.; But I still need pics of everyone else in their BR costumes! You guys will be so cool! ^_^

yuffieleonheart
04-18-2003, 08:42 PM
aw it's ok wink ^.^ !! yeah i'm ordering my collar today from elfy ^^. ooo i would love some info BayushiKachiko cuz i might need if for my arcia outfit and my oyu one

BayushiKachiko
04-19-2003, 08:33 AM
Everything he makes is usually done custom, so I'm not certain how 'set' his price guide is. I do know that he chargers roughly his material cost (places such as Hot Topic charge 3-4x material cost) I'm not sure exactly what he makes, but all of his work is good quality, better than Hot Topic by far. If you need something made, could you pass me some links of the pieces? I'll gladly pass those on to him, since I'm not sure how happy he'd be with me posting his web addie and name all over the net without asking, aheh. ^_^;

And what sort of belt are you seeking, Makio? The place I used to work at sold all kinds a' belts. Maybe they would have something?

makio
04-19-2003, 02:33 PM
BayushiKachiko - I just needed that brown belt Alucard wears over his black vest. :crylaugh: I'm going to spend my days off working on Alucard and finishing Sieg... so I'll try to post some progress pictures when I get a moment. Feel free to IM me (SN: makiotwist) instead of PMing. It's a lot easier and faster to respond to. :)

BayushiKachiko
04-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Heheh, 'kay ^_^

Oh yeah, and I made a typo on my last entry. My friend charges double his material cost, but that's still way better than anything else.

And MakioTwist--I'll call my store and see what they have. What size do you need?

makio
04-21-2003, 08:49 AM
Bayushi - I found the belt this past weekend at my parents' house of all places, though I'll probably still need to buy one from your friend a month or two from now for my Vivi (Final Fantasy IX) costume.

Lucifer, Bayushi, childdoll- Check your PMs. :)

Lucifer
04-26-2003, 10:06 PM
So...Jacon is little over a month away. Anyone else (besides me) getting a bit, con-psyched for it?

yuffieleonheart
04-26-2003, 10:40 PM
me!! ^_^ actually i am making the cherry blossom applique for my kasumi costume as we speak ^_^

*Jibrielle*
04-26-2003, 10:46 PM
well I am con-psyched but I am also con-stressed...it's my first time at a con and my first time cosplaying....:( :D

XLainoftheWired
04-27-2003, 12:25 PM
I am con-psyched out of my mind. This is my first cosplay, and my first AMV contest. Look for me "Holy Crap Productions". Nothing I did is TOO impressive but I'm proud of it all regardless. My Shuji costume is almost done... and hey, if I work fast enough, I may have my Haibane costume, or at least the wings, done for it too. I cant wait to see you all there.

Ihrie
04-27-2003, 06:31 PM
I'd be extremely excited for the con....but.....pre-con stress is rearing its ugly head.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!

*hopes for the best* It always works out for the best, right? RIGHT!?!?!

makio
04-27-2003, 10:24 PM
I'm running in circles, literally, to find parts and supplies to finish up Alucard in time. :( I really hope I can get it done because I've never participated in a Castlevania group before... so I'd want the experience to go well so there'll be another!

Luckily, Sieg nears completion with the stenciling of the insignia on the back of the white apparel (a long vest... the name escapes me at the moment). Anji's shawl is on finishing touches too, though I'm still looking for those large fans around town.

...and of course, my Turk costume has been ready since announcing it. ;)

Lucifer
04-27-2003, 11:38 PM
I know there is a store in Altamonte Mall that sells big big fans. THough finding two that match might be harder, I'd try there. Also try the asian area near FOT, maybe one of the stores there will have big fans.

As for me, my Cloud is coming along quite spiffy. I have the shirt, pants, belt is almost done, and of course the buster sword. Due to the fact I don't have bleached hair, I'm going for a more "evil" looking cloud, but its still cloud none the less.

I idly still look for a suit in my size, but have not found one yet. I bet after the con I will -_-

Raine
04-28-2003, 01:03 AM
Just felt like posting.. the only costumes that have a snowball's chance in hell of getting done my Jacon are Rinoa, Rinoa's ballroom dress, and Raine... Raine will be the easiest..

XLainoftheWired
04-28-2003, 03:51 PM
I just spent $7 on more fabric markers to finish drwing the lines on Shuji's shirt... stupid fabric markers... Otherwise I need to dye my hair ::looks at Ultress Ultimate Hair Colour box:: ehhh... and then I should be ready for Maboroshi's photoshoot, then jacon... I am starting to gather resources for my Haibane wings now... I dont think they will be done for JACON though.

yuffieleonheart
04-28-2003, 04:02 PM
*_* i need to get my freaking dagger for kasumi done and my ninja star for yuffie *as well as yuffie's shoes * and my br costume done ^^;;;

XLainoftheWired
04-28-2003, 07:43 PM
DONT FORGET THE PEACEBONDS GIRLIE!!!!!!!! on that... dagger...

ScaterZ
04-30-2003, 01:28 AM
I noticed that everyone is wearing a different costume on every day. Is there an importance to each one of the days (for example, are you wearing your best one for friday, and so forth). Also, it's my first time cosplaying and I was wondering if it would be lame if I wore the same thing on each day.

PretearWink
04-30-2003, 06:28 AM
Most people wear their costumes based on the events of the day^_^ Like if the costume contest is Sunday, then they wear the costume they're going to enter that day^_^ Personally, I'll usually try to wear my best Saturday since, to me, that seems like the 'busiest' con day. But there are always exceptions, like if the skit contest is on Saturday and the costume I'm wearing for that is a lot more simplistic than my more elaborate piece, I'll wear the simpler one^_^ Some people change costumes whenever they feel like it, especially if they're lucky enough to be staying in the con hotel^_^ As for if it's lame wearing the same thing the entire con, nah, it doesn't matter if you wear 5 different costumes or just one^_^ 3 costumes just kinda seems to be what happens to us cosplay masochists^_^

yuffieleonheart
04-30-2003, 06:05 PM
what wink said ^_^

Ang
04-30-2003, 06:44 PM
*peeks in* Meep.

IF I can make it...
I only have one costume planned, and one costume that I'm bringing. I intend on relaxing and selling art for the most part. (I'm getting a lot of pieces done for the show and artist's alley and such.)

scandia
04-30-2003, 07:17 PM
Welcome to Cosplay.com Ang!!!!!

"crosses fingers to hope to see you at JACON"

*Jibrielle*
04-30-2003, 08:02 PM
I hope to see you all at Jacon!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_____^

yuffieleonheart
04-30-2003, 08:55 PM
welcome ang ^_^ i hope to see everybody too ^_^

Ang
04-30-2003, 09:55 PM
Yeah I thought I would finally give in and check this place out...One cannot live on Cosplay Lab and Risingsun.net alone anymore it seems.

makio
04-30-2003, 10:46 PM
I thought the costume contest was Saturday and the cosplay/skit day was Sunday?

XLainoftheWired
04-30-2003, 10:49 PM
Well I am Shuji for both the actual competition AND cosplay, so if I gotta be cheesey and wear the same thing twice I guess ima have to

Ang
04-30-2003, 11:09 PM
It says on the site that they will have the cosplay following the costume on Saturday night...Then again, they probably just reused the site from last year.

ScaterZ
05-01-2003, 12:31 AM
To anyone that's been to the previous conventions: what kind of stuff do they sell at the vending stands? I'm kinda strapped for cash and I'd like to know how little I will eat from now until the convention. If it's the same domestic dvds that sell here, it's no biggie. If it's cool imported posters, import cds, manga, and ufo dolls then I might have sell my second kidney.

XLainoftheWired
05-01-2003, 12:39 AM
Most OSTs go for $10 a pop uhhh wall scrolls run $8-15. You can get HK DVDs there... US DVDs, some Region 2 DVDs... Lamis at like $1 in some stands... UFO dolls run $5-20. Losts of FF merchandice, more than I have seen anywhere. But I like buying OSTs at the cons cause you get Ebay prices without the ebay. You can get playing cards, trading cards, trading card games that arent here... pins keychains...

It's like a really big Florida Oriental Imports store with like 15% off a lot of stuff, and then some... kind of an anime fleamarket. Last year a woman was selling Kimonos and bonzai trees. I think there was a weapons booth too. Import Mangas there, used US mangas at discount... new ones... just everything, we can talk about it later some time.

Lucifer
05-01-2003, 08:01 AM
Ok I checked the website. Here is what I found.

Costume contest - Saturday night
Cosplay contest - Sunday night

Hope that clears everything up there.

psythe
05-01-2003, 08:24 AM
/me kicks con schedule >=(

I'm gonna miss JACON this year due to plans for AKON already being made awhile ago. They are on the same weekend. Gah. Guess I'll have to wait and cosplay with you all at AFO. ^__^

!@#$%^

XLainoftheWired
05-01-2003, 11:10 AM
I guess I am Shuji two days in a row.

yuffieleonheart
05-01-2003, 03:46 PM
;-; *clings to psythe*... LOL XD well we'll see ya at afo lol are u going to metrocon?

psythe
05-01-2003, 04:18 PM
When/Where is Metrocon? and I think you are gonna be at Otakon, neh?

yuffieleonheart
05-01-2003, 05:54 PM
metrocon is in july, in tampa *were the ffball is * hai i'm going to otakon so i will see u there too ^_^

Ang
05-01-2003, 06:24 PM
I'm actually thinking of attending Metrocon instead of Jacon now...My money is running low. ;_; I had some unexpected expenses unfortunately, so I have to see if my BF can cover me for cash. I feel so bad about that because he spoils me to death as it is...
Thank god I'm marrying him.

scandia
05-01-2003, 08:23 PM
Ang's engaged?

Ang
05-01-2003, 08:32 PM
Shh...Not officially.

makio
05-02-2003, 11:56 AM
As much as I like JACON, I think there'll be a lot more to do at Metrocon given the locale and events scheduled...

yuffieleonheart
05-02-2003, 03:36 PM
like the ff ball ^0^

Ang
05-02-2003, 04:22 PM
Tampa is just a better city than Orlando anyway...It's not made of plastic and dead mice.

Oh wait did I say that outloud?

Sorry, I'm a bit biased to my hometown. ^_~ (Actually St. Pete is my hometown but ya know...)

XLainoftheWired
05-02-2003, 06:58 PM
St. Pete = my home town too. Tampa is not bad, downtown, but the housing districts scare me. I came to Orlando to get away from crazy family anyhow. But yeah I liked St. Pete. I miss it. :(

Ang
05-02-2003, 10:41 PM
Yeah, Tampa has a lot of ghetto projects. Hehe, every city has it's parts. Like the southside of St. Pete...The neighborhood your mom always told you to lock the doors in.

I was born in New York, and moved there when I was five. I'm a graduate of Northeast High School! YEAH! Where girls have babies and throw them away in the garbage! Er...

Ok back to Jacon.

Just kidding about the me not going thing...Boyfriend gave me money today. Going to the bank tomorrow...Tickets will be booked Monday!

XLainoftheWired
05-02-2003, 10:44 PM
ME TOO NEHI!!!! HOLY CRAP, I REMEMBER THAT BABY THING BACK WHEN I WAS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL!!! I'm c/o 2002 :) Hi! And yeah south side is crazy. I had a science teacher in 8th grade who got mugged there. BUT YEAH, IM NOT SCHOOL SPIRITED BUT, HOLY CRAP, Y'KNOW?!?! Anyway... hi.

Ang
05-02-2003, 10:48 PM
Riviera Middle?! This would be too weird... c/o 2000 here. I can probably find you in my yearbook!

XLainoftheWired
05-02-2003, 10:53 PM
No Bay Point Middle, in tha South Side, I was in the CAST magnet there, and I was in CAT for 2 years so I dont know if youd find me in your yearbook. I started at NEHI as a junior. So like... no I dont think you would... too bad though, we almost had a TOTALLY AWESOME thing happen. One of those rare meet someone online who knew you or something things. Chances are I knew someone who knew you, but I cant say youll find me in there, especially cause I ditched out on the junior picture day. I was changing schools and felt like I didnt belone so I stayed out of the year book at all costs, so I would only be in the 2002 yearbook. Anyway its still cool.

Hmmmm... teachers...
I had Hemsley, Lomano, Babcock, crazy hippie pottery teacher... crazy hippis art teacher who loved soccer... (cant remember names)... Mrs. johnson and Coach Johnson... Creative writing teacher, blad with pony tail... eto... why cant i remember anymore of them !?!?!?! ::sob:: hopefully you got some from there... Give me some of yours i may know, memorable ones of course... of since this is the JACON thread should we take this somewhere else?

Ang
05-02-2003, 11:26 PM
Yeah why don't you go ahead and either email me at muchitsujo@cox.net, or AIM me at Fricken Cookies.

makio
05-06-2003, 02:23 AM
Does anyone know when the 'big photoshoot' on Saturday will be?

For those who don't know about the 'big photoshoot', in the past - JACON costumed attendees usually gather in the center of the Student Union for a huge photograph (http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_1443588//Yahoo!+Photo+Album/flcosplay_superbig.jpg?gruaKu.Ah5y.9Hct). I think it was a little before midday last year, but I'm not sure if that's going to change this year with some of the events going on...

Eva 01
05-06-2003, 08:53 PM
Hey Im goin' and two of my friends, Im gonna be Zell, and my friends are gonna be Cid, and the other cant decide.....he cant find anything to be, He is 5'4 stocky spanish, any ideas?

Ang
05-06-2003, 09:23 PM
He could be Zack maybe...Or how about Kiro?

*Jibrielle*
05-06-2003, 09:51 PM
Hello I need help :D Well it's kinda stupid but...oh well

I'm doing the art book version of Rosiel from angel sanctuary [you know the white dress one :P] and umm can anyone give me an idea of what shoes i should wear? Thanks ^__^!

Lucifer
05-06-2003, 10:23 PM
Um, well I've seen many cosplay White Rosiel. I have the manga, and honestly all he's wearing is a big white sheet.

A good idea would be to make a long flowing white skirt (that looks like a sheet wrapped around your waist) and then a white tube top. Also have flowing white material hanging off you.

Ang
05-06-2003, 10:55 PM
I've also seen it done kinda badly too...;_;

Lucifer
05-07-2003, 09:05 AM
Hai hai. That is true.

*Jibrielle*
05-07-2003, 04:00 PM
Thatís a good idea. Here is what I have in mind Iím going to make like a dress and Iím going to make a thing [sorry I donít know how to call it] that makes it look like a
sheet. What do you think?

:D

Ang
05-07-2003, 04:31 PM
A toga? TOGA PARTY!!!!

*Jibrielle*
05-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Lol...umm not really a toga... hmmm maybe i should do a sketch...
[thinks] should i read the boring book for school or should i do the sketch...ok I'll do the sketch (Y) :P

XLainoftheWired
05-07-2003, 07:10 PM
I heard Toga party, are we having a Toga party at JACON? I'm in.

*Jibrielle*
05-07-2003, 09:03 PM
OK! Let's have a TOGA PARTY!!!! :s @_@

Ang
05-07-2003, 09:59 PM
I'll happily be there with my camera...I can't just have a toga party anymore. Being in the SCA gives me this, "That garb is not period" attitude toward things, so I couldn't actually wear a white toga unless it was over a stola and I was a Roman Senator. *shifts eyes and sweatdrops*

YEAH! TOGA PARTY!!

*Jibrielle*
05-07-2003, 10:18 PM
woo hoo (Y)!!!!!!!

*Jibrielle*
05-08-2003, 12:51 PM
TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^________^

makio
05-08-2003, 01:11 PM
Happy birthday, young'in. :devil:

Ihrie
05-08-2003, 02:09 PM
Toga Party at Jacon.....naw, I think we should do....

MIDNIGHT MARGARITA'S!!!!!

You put the lime in the coconut...

*Jibrielle*
05-08-2003, 04:53 PM
Thanks Makio:D!!!!!

Hey here is an idea: WE CAN HAVE A TOGA PARTY AND A MIDNIGHT MARGARITA'S!!!!!!!!!!

yuffieleonheart
05-08-2003, 08:08 PM
XD happy bday ! ^_^

*Jibrielle*
05-08-2003, 08:13 PM
:hugs: Thanks yuffieleonheart! :D

makio
05-08-2003, 11:55 PM
I'm still debating whether I want to go out to eat at a local restaurant or attend an afterparty...

Ang
05-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Well there's always Cyberia *laughs*. If not, I can probably see myself and a large group of my friends going down to Steak n Shake...Then back up to the room to develop the next day's hangover.

makio
05-09-2003, 10:52 AM
I wouldn't mind Shake 'n Steak myself, but the one closest to UCF isn't one of the better ones I'm told. The next closest one would be on SR436/Aloma, but that's at least 15mins away. Denny's is open at that hour, along with a couple other restaurants...

It's a bit odd, but for once, I'm looking forward to JACON Friday instead of Saturday; just because of all the videogame fighting cosplay characters that'll be there. :) And after reading the site again a bit closer, I now realize that the skits are limited to 2 minutes instead of 5... eep.

Jess-Jess
05-09-2003, 12:37 PM
Hey!

I'll be there the whole weekend. I've never went to a jacon before, I hopw it's pretty cool. I'll probably show up in my school girl Piyoko outfit (you'll see it, hopefully :) and then later wear my FFX Yuna summoner costume. Well, hope to see you all there!

Jessie >^..^<

Ang
05-09-2003, 12:47 PM
Trust me....do you really want to watch about 50 5 minute skits?! Personally, I wish they would do away with skits completely. It's about the costumes, not the cosplayers bad acting abilities.

XLainoftheWired
05-09-2003, 03:10 PM
Makio, when it comes to local restaurant, you could alway hit the Friendly'r across the street. I personally think they are dam good myself.

And when it comes to skits, I kinda wanna reinact a scene from Saikano with my partner, but I understand what you mean Ang. Most of the time, without mics they are so hard to hear anyway. And a lot of the time the skits are so silly, they make no sense, but I think people got a right to try thier best.

Lucifer
05-09-2003, 06:14 PM
I dunno. I kinda like skits, if done well.

yuffieleonheart
05-09-2003, 08:39 PM
hehe i never do skits it would be nice to do so but i am at lost for ideas =/ if anybody needs someone lol just ask ^_^

Ang
05-10-2003, 11:03 AM
Yeah but Lucifer....You know what I'm talking about over all. o.O

Lucifer
05-10-2003, 11:59 PM
Yeah, that is true.

makio
05-11-2003, 12:24 AM
Ah well, I'll make due with what we've got. :\

katrinastrife
05-11-2003, 02:33 PM
Hmm... Skits are all right, as long as the people have an idea that makes sense, if not, can at least be HEARD so that everyone knows what's going on...

~_~;;

*thinks back to giant skit from Megacon from Shaman King that made NO SENSE because I couldn't hear anything...*

Cactuarsama
05-12-2003, 10:37 PM
I call all the Cloud and Sephiroth plushies!!!! MINE! ::claims plushies::

makio
05-13-2003, 02:22 AM
er, okay. :crylaugh:

Anyway, quick update for any Castlevania cosplayers... Saturday, I do plan to get some kind of 'photosession' in. We'll most likely meet near the center of the Student Union, facing the information desk (trust me, next to finding myself - it's very easy to spot). And for anyone still interested in the Sunday Castlevania skit, please contact me (PM, IM, email, etc.) before Friday; because after that point I'm going to finalize the 2min long skit script and send out copies to those participating.

Ang
05-13-2003, 09:23 PM
I've actually been advised not to do my "skit"... That only makes me want to do it more of course.

PretearWink
05-14-2003, 06:31 AM
*desperately trying to finish KH Aerith in time* @.@

Is anyone going as Leon or Cloud? Watch out for glomping if you are! XD

yuffieleonheart
05-14-2003, 03:33 PM
*clings to wink* chuu! i will help u find some leon/cloud cosplayers ^0^ wee we can be the stalking yuffie and aerith ^.^

Ihrie
05-14-2003, 08:06 PM
Ohhh....I'm desperately trying to finish my KH Tidus outfit. I have about half of the shirt done....^_^;;

*work work work*

yuffieleonheart
05-14-2003, 08:24 PM
*_* you're doing tidus kh *.* i never knew!!!! i wanna were yuna when u do that!! XD and yuffie too.. chuuu so many costumes

PretearWink
05-14-2003, 09:06 PM
Ack! You're doing KH Yuffie for Jacon?? Maybe we should see if we can get a group together or something XD Also....we need ta talk about a skit with our X-2 costumes soon ^_~

Arisa
05-14-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by katrinastrife
Hmm... Skits are all right, as long as the people have an idea that makes sense, if not, can at least be HEARD so that everyone knows what's going on...

~_~;;

*thinks back to giant skit from Megacon from Shaman King that made NO SENSE because I couldn't hear anything...*

o_O Was that the one with the cucumber?

yuffieleonheart
05-14-2003, 09:40 PM
LOL arisa i am not sure.. yes wink!! we should definitly talk about that XD ^_^

Ihrie
05-14-2003, 09:56 PM
Yeah Yuffie.....you never knew because I just decided to do it last night ^_^

I'm wearing it all three days....so you'll be able to take pictures with both costumes ^_^

yuffieleonheart
05-14-2003, 10:02 PM
yays!! *dances* ^_^

Raine
05-14-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Eva 01
Hey Im goin' and two of my friends, Im gonna be Zell, and my friends are gonna be Cid, and the other cant decide.....he cant find anything to be, He is 5'4 stocky spanish, any ideas?

Zell? I have to get pictures with you! Wee! *Rinoa* :thumbsup:

I may have Raine done by then.. haha, buy a yellow sweater, yellow headband, throw on a pair of jeans and boots and I'm set! ^^ *loves the easyness of that*

Mappy
05-15-2003, 09:07 PM
any One Piece cosplayers going to be at this con?

I should have Zoro completed by then.,,., with all THREE swords!

*Jibrielle*
05-15-2003, 09:24 PM
One piece? as in a dress or something like that?

yuffieleonheart
05-15-2003, 09:33 PM
one piece is an anime series ~.^

*Jibrielle*
05-15-2003, 09:38 PM
(feels stupid) :dance: ...(laughs) ok! lol :crylaugh:

:angel:

XLainoftheWired
05-16-2003, 01:01 AM
Mappy, i have a friend who is dressing as Lufi/Rufi, from One Piece. His handle on these forums is "Scaterz" PM him and ask if you can meet up. I think it would be cool.

makio
05-17-2003, 04:35 AM
I hope I have enough 'blood' left for JACON... I've been poking myself with the sewing needle by accident so many times trying to sew up Alucard's frock coat that I could've filled at least two pints. LoL... I'm exaggerating, but it seriously is making me light headed and numb.

...Not much time left!

Lucifer
05-17-2003, 10:00 AM
Two weeks and counting.

*Jibrielle*
05-17-2003, 10:01 AM
yay!!!!!!!!! ^_____^ :dance:

Ang
05-17-2003, 01:07 PM
You gotta condition those fingers there, Makio. ^_~ Not that I'm one to talk...I just tore up my hands so bad pinning the other day, everyone at work asked me if I had bloodtests from the doctor on 3 out of five fingers.

Raine
05-17-2003, 09:49 PM
I'm so happy.. my ballroom Rinoa was started today and should be done by Jacon! I owe Nikki's mom so much *.* I owe her my soul

Ang
05-17-2003, 09:57 PM
Looks like I will be working the Gaming Costume Social...^_~ Mwhahahaha! Power to me.

PretearWink
05-17-2003, 10:19 PM
Hey, a friend of mine is putting on a Yu Gi Oh group at like the last minute O.O

So far we have a Yugi, a Tea, a Mai, and a possible Bakura and possible Pegasus^_^ *with my last minute Aerith in the works, making Mai at the eleventh hour is beginning to stress me out a bit O.O*

Anyone else wanna die of pre-con stress like me and be a part of the group? We wanna see if we can find a Joey, Kaiba, and a Tristan^_^

yuffieleonheart
05-17-2003, 10:36 PM
LOL wink i have to many costumes as it is *o* i was thinking.. wearing yuffie kh for friday then i have to find a place to change into my kasumi costume for the gaming social.. i'm sure there is a bathroom or somthing ^_^... everybody seems to want me to enter my summoner costume for the costume show.. so i might ^^;; wink they emailed me back about going as a duet for the costume contest and they said no ;.;

makio
05-18-2003, 12:46 AM
What day on the Yu-Gi-Oh group...?

Ihrie
05-18-2003, 12:47 AM
I've been suckered into doing your Bakura, Bop. Worship me. I don't look good in jeans...;_;

Raine
05-18-2003, 10:05 AM
Only 12 more days! Mua ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Ang
05-18-2003, 11:41 AM
Less than that for me, since I have to fly.

PretearWink
05-18-2003, 08:08 PM
*kicks costume contest people* We should get to do a duet ;.; Oh well.... ;.;

I believe we're shooting for Friday or Sunday, but I'd have to ask about which day^_^

yuffieleonheart
05-18-2003, 08:25 PM
;.;.. anyways ^_^ what day should we do kh cosplay *_*?? any idea?

PretearWink
05-18-2003, 08:54 PM
Hmmmm, how about Friday?^_^ I really want to wear my Aerith costume then because I don't want my flowers to die before I can sell them XD

yuffieleonheart
05-18-2003, 09:04 PM
ok so how about we do kh friday ^_^. then we can do yuna and rikku on one of the other days ^_^

PretearWink
05-18-2003, 10:51 PM
I know I gotta do Rikku on Saturday for the costume contest^_^ As for Sunday...hmmm...I guess it depends on whether we do that skit or not and if we do, I can change into something else afterwards^_^

Ang
05-18-2003, 10:52 PM
That's the only thing that bugs me about the costume and cosplay contests being on different days...Inconvenience of costumes. ><

LainaBug
05-18-2003, 11:10 PM
Hey Ang...I still owe you a soda lol XD

hmm hmm hmm I'm wearing BB Hood, and Hand Maid May (I fixed it after the photoshoot so its not Hand Maid Gay anymore yay!) and possibly this one chick from the Uzumaki movie...dang I dont remember her name, whatever hahaa

BB Hood is for friday I guess. Carrying and Uzi in a hand basket is going to be fun!! I dont want to wear Hand Maid May all day on saturday O_O so I might wear BB Hood again in the morning or something...I dunno lol guess I dont really have a solid costume plan or anything yet

Ang
05-18-2003, 11:29 PM
You owe me a soda? o.O Why do I not remember this...Oh well, free soda! Can't complain!

LainaBug
05-19-2003, 12:20 AM
Hahahaa im a freak, I cant believe I remembered that at all. We got a jynx in a chat a long long time ago.

DUDE I should wear Jaken at Jacon........................for old times sake...or something..........or not...

Juliechan27
05-19-2003, 12:36 AM
i hope you guys have fun. i heard that belldandy's english VA was going to be there? i wanted to meet her. *snaps* Is anyone planning on doing a skit?

PretearWink
05-19-2003, 06:44 AM
Keeichi's VA is going to be there too^_^

I now know Keeichi is actually really hot o.o

I'm pretty sure me, Nikki, Matty, and Aaron are doing a skit. ^_^ I hope we can get it all together....

Nikki, Aaron is going to remix the music all lovingly and professionally for us^_^ Hopefully, one of us can burn it onto CD. My cd burner has being a jerk for the last week -.-

Oh, and the Yu Gi Oh group is gonna be after the costume contest on Saturday I've found out for anyone interested^_^ I'm weirdly excited about it, since I've barely ever watched Yu Gi Oh, probably since I found the PERFECT purple Mai jacket with the high collar and random weirdo buckles on it XD I was thinking I'd have to ghetto it and go without the jacket since I simply didn't have time to make one o.o

yuffieleonheart
05-19-2003, 01:25 PM
^0^ if you can send me the song through aim then i can burn it ^_^. yes well i think i am doing my costumes like this....
friday~ yuffie kh
gamers social~ kasumi
saturday~ yuna FFX
saturday night~?
sunday ~ gunner yuna.

makio
05-19-2003, 02:08 PM
Lucifer - Did you decide on whether you were going to be a FF7 Turk or Cloud on Friday? And if so, what time and suit colour? I've got a black one, though I could snag navy blue if needbe.

PretearWink
05-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Thanks! As soon as he mixes it, I'll send! XD
As for my costumes....

Friday--Aerith from Kingdom hearts
Gamers social-- Aerith from Kingdom Hearts...possibly sans wig XD
Saturday--Gambler Rikku
Saturday afternoon and Cyberia-- Mai Valentine
Sunday--Gambler Rikku

I'll probably wear some regular clothes after the skit contest on Sunday ...3 days in those costumes is enough for me to just grab a sleeping shirt and a pair of Chii ears for the next con XD

Also, Makio, is there going to be an FF7 group thingy or something on Friday? If there is, would you mind if I grabbed some pics with you guys? ^_^

yuffieleonheart
05-19-2003, 04:25 PM
=/ i'm tempted to do yuffie for the gamer social too.. and do kasumi for cyberia. hmm...

Ang
05-19-2003, 04:48 PM
Say hi to Ewan for me in England, Julie! ^_~ I'll be doing a skit...sorta. I think I told you about it. Hehe.

Arisa
05-19-2003, 09:37 PM
11 days! Is YOUR costume ready yet?

Mine isn't. x.x My dad won't take me to get the stuff I need! I'm working on Popstar Yuna. X_X

My boyfriend's gonna be there, so I'm REALLY looking foward to it. *-* I wanna spend time with him!

Raine
05-19-2003, 11:16 PM
I'm going over to Nikki's house this Saturday to get help with my Rinoas again. This time i'll do something besides stand there, eh?

Must get done in time for Jacon!

yuffieleonheart
05-20-2003, 01:26 PM
^0^ i got the freaking yuffie shoes about a week ago.. and i am revamping a few peices before the con

*Jibrielle*
05-20-2003, 01:28 PM
I'm almost done with my rosiel one! *must finish* and i still have to finish my ayame costume. :dance:

Lucifer
05-20-2003, 02:06 PM
-pokes fur- Moron I am since my stuff is pretty much done, I make another costume specially for cybera. Course, realised after the fact it won't be exact (wrong pants, needs more black etc), but oh well, it'll be cute none the less.

Otherwise I'm rather excited. Just glad I have comfy shoes for every day.

Raine
05-20-2003, 09:04 PM
I think my Rinoa skirt should be priority before the dress now.. urgh it's gunna be so freaking short!

Arisa
05-20-2003, 09:06 PM
10 more days!

Raine
05-20-2003, 09:16 PM
I saw a Tidus look-alike on a bike today.. though that has no relevance to this thread whatsoever. Arisa's avatar reminded me.. hehe

PretearWink
05-20-2003, 09:21 PM
Con stress is gonna kill me o.o I've had exams last week and this one, I gotta keep up my grades for all my scholarships, and I got suckered into 2 costumes at the last minute ;.; Somehow...Mai is about 95% done already o.o Aerith is never gonna get done if I don't get to the stupid fabric store soon.... x.x

Ang
05-20-2003, 09:59 PM
Stress is not the word...

BTW, I'm giving out some candy at my art table. Any requests?

yuffieleonheart
05-20-2003, 10:04 PM
oo candy *grabs* =D ^_^.. lol me and wink are going to be selling flowers and materia on friday when we are dressed as yuffie and aerith ^_^. yuffie is almost done *.* i had to revamp some things ^^''

LainaBug
05-21-2003, 12:10 AM
It's so annoying that the cosplay contest is on Sunday o.O I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna be in the costume contest...I think anyway...hahaa

heh I have alot to do on BB Hood still ^^;;; but at least thats a rather simple costume

yuffieleonheart
05-21-2003, 01:03 PM
XD laina i like your avator ^_^. yeah i ussually only do the costume contest but this year i am gonna do a skit ^_^

PretearWink
05-21-2003, 08:33 PM
Hey Nikki, I think we're gonna be able to score a real FFX Tidus costume for the skit! XD

yuffieleonheart
05-21-2003, 08:55 PM
XD the greatness ^_^

Eva 01
05-22-2003, 10:02 PM
hey do u think I could go to the Gaming party if I was just wearing a Moogle hat XD!!!!?????
My FF costume wont be done in time, Im sad!

*Jibrielle*
05-23-2003, 10:53 AM
:bigcry: Noooooooooooooooooo
I'm getting sick!! :bigcry:

makio
05-23-2003, 06:32 PM
Jibrielle - I hope you feel better. I know the weather lately has been a bit horrible, though glancing outside now, it seems to be clearing up.

Eva01 - Just go as Black Mage from FF1! Get a huge blue sheet of fabric, blanket, or robe... black cloth for the mask (with yellow "dots" for eyes, LoL) and the pointy hat. Shouldn't cost more than $25 bucks, if you shop wisely. :crylaugh:

...con-anxiety kicking in. :devil:

Raine
05-23-2003, 07:08 PM
Everyone is allowed to the gaming social - gaming costumed individuals are just admitted first. (Yes, I go to the site A LOT) I've re-read the rules a hundred times x.x

XLainoftheWired
05-23-2003, 07:29 PM
I'm getting sick too. I came down with something yesterday. But I am confident that it will be gone by JACON, if not... everyone have your SARS masks ready.

*Jibrielle*
05-24-2003, 12:13 PM
I just lost my voice today! Woo hoo~! But I'm still going to Jacon! ^____^

Raine
05-24-2003, 02:37 PM
You all pick the worst times to get sick ;-; Stop itttt...Jacon's only in 6 days, don't blow your chance at an awesome con! Get bettterrr or Raine shall stalk you....... mua ha ha...

*bored*

Ang
05-24-2003, 02:53 PM
I was actually thinking of throwing together a DDR costume for the social, even though I'm working it most likely...Just something I can run to the hotel room and change into, and be comfortable for the rest of the night.

*Jibrielle*
05-24-2003, 09:12 PM
YAY! :dance: I'm getting better! :blubber: but i'm still sick! Oh well better be sick now than at Jacon.

My plane leaves at 3:00am today! So I will see you all at Jacon!
loves
Jibrielle!:P

PretearWink
05-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Aerith costume almost done..so close.....x.x

Hey, maybe we can all meet for lunch or something like that one of the days of the con^_^

*Jibrielle*
05-24-2003, 09:54 PM
Lets all go to lunch!

Ang
05-24-2003, 11:16 PM
I'll be in artist's alley most of the day Friday and probably all day Sunday, so feel free to stop by! I'll have candy!!! ^_^

yuffieleonheart
05-24-2003, 11:23 PM
@_@.... i am attempting to make a new yuna shirt *summoner* for the costume contest. i am tired of people making a point of telling me it's wrong *-* so yeah i hope i can get it done lol

Ang
05-24-2003, 11:43 PM
If people can take the time to tell you that it's wrong, then they can take the time to do the costume themselves. That's my theory.
Don't listen to others, sometimes their opinions aren't worth it.

yuffieleonheart
05-24-2003, 11:46 PM
hehe thanks ang ^^

Ang
05-24-2003, 11:53 PM
It's all about the constructive criticism. ^_^

Raine
05-25-2003, 12:04 AM
Besides, there's always the little fact that yours is 100% right, and if THEY took the time to use their eyes to process colors to their brains, they'd figure that out.

makio
05-25-2003, 04:59 AM
Hey, I can see a nice healthy GameBoy Green hue. :(

yuffieleonheart
05-25-2003, 04:04 PM
@_@ i got sick today... i have somewhat of a runny nose and some cold syptoms *-*

Arisa
05-25-2003, 04:41 PM
Five days until Jacon! Is YOUR costume ready yet?

Mine is almost done! ^___^ About 50-60% done!

makio
05-25-2003, 06:55 PM
-cough, sideglance-
Only one of mine is ready/wearable. I'm working on/ putting the finishing touches upon the other two as we speak.

Ang
05-25-2003, 08:56 PM
I'm about 90% done...just some painting, necklace making, and styling left. Thank God all the sewing is done.

Raine
05-25-2003, 11:32 PM
I'm bringing Rinoa over to Nikki's tomorrow, and the next I plan to do is Dark Gunner Yuna, but I gotta go to JoAnns for some shiny purple fabric.. already have the shiny light blue ^^

And of course I'll need to work on Ballroom Rinoa for MetroCon in the event that I'm not casted ^^

Arisa
05-26-2003, 02:48 PM
4 more days! So little time, and yet it's too much time! >_> I wanna see my boyfriend, but my costume's only about 70-80% done...

scandia
05-26-2003, 03:32 PM
My costumes have been ready for a long time. I like to have them finished WAY ahead of time. If anything needs re-stitching or gluing, it would be very minor.

yuffieleonheart
05-26-2003, 05:06 PM
=D i got raine's skirt done ^_^ so yup she's set

Raine
05-26-2003, 06:52 PM
Indeed! Many thanks to Nikki for it.. now to edit my top... which will be an extrmely minor operation. After that, we need to add zippers to my shorts and glue laces onto my boots and Rinoa is complete!