PDA

View Full Version : Ok, here's one for you pros out there....

SuperLuna
01-17-2003, 01:56 PM
Ok, Say hello to a newbie in cosply creations. I'm an shooting for a SSBM Melee Link Costume. I already have an idea on what I want it to be but I would like some input ( And hopefully a pattern ^ ^; ) off of some people. What I have in mind to Create is a follows:

1: Set of white tights
1: Green V neck tunic with red ribbon belt
2: Leather Boots with buckles
2: Leather arm guards with Triforce Emblem
1: green hat
1: leather bag
20: ping-pong balls painted black with "fuses"
1: wooden boomerang
1: Wooden recetation of Link's Sword
1: Recreation of Link's Sheild
2: Small silver loop earings
2: Deep blue contacts
1: Pair of elf ears
1: Sholder length sandy blonde wig

Any input would be appreciated!
:bouncer: ::Bouncy man says - SPAM!::

marsie
01-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Contacts are going to be problem...they are expensive and you MUST go to a eye doctor to purchase a pair. Anywhere else would be shady.

Vinya
01-17-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by SuperLuna
Ok, Say hello to a newbie in cosply creations.

Hello! ^_^

1: Set of white tights
1: Green V neck tunic with red ribbon belt
2: Leather Boots with buckles
1: green hat
1: leather bag
2: Deep blue contacts

Hmm... White tights shouldn't be hard to find in any clothing stores, I think. You should be able to do the tunic using this pattern: http://www.ad500.org.uk/vicus/documents/tunicpattern.htm
(or just typing "tunic pattern" into a search engine). Leather boots, I think you should try scouting through uhm... what's it called... a flea market? (You know, where people put their old stuff for sale), and I think you could buy the green hat and the leather bag too. Second-hand-stuff rulz. ^_^ If you're making your first cosplay costume, I think you should buy as much as you can, or order a commission.

Hope this helped!

Cocoa
01-17-2003, 02:13 PM
A nice easy tunic pattern is McCall's 2796, which you should be able to find at a local fabric store. I've used it at least three times for costumes for myself and others, and will probably use it again soon ^^ Only note, if you're a guy (I'm not good at guessin these things online), you might have to modify it a little, as it's a women's pattern and thus has darts to allow a little extra room in the chest. Tights you can find at just about any large clothing store...WalMart's always a good bet. If you can't find a pair that's thick enough, you could get a pair of white leggings too. And doens't Link have a longsleeved white shirt under the tunic? That's easy to find at clothing stores too. Hope that helps some!

-Cocoa

PS - If you find those boots, tell me. I've always wanted a pair like those.

Cocoa
01-17-2003, 03:43 PM
Ack, forgot about the shield a friend and I made for his Link costume. Basicly, we took a piece of plywood and cut a shield shape out, and sanded the edges and surface so it was smooth. Then we braided together some strips of cloth, and staple-gunned them to the back to make the loops for your arm. He took it home and did some 3D bits in colored Crayola Model Magic - shaped it, let it dry, and glued it on - and painted the rest. Turned out pretty well, actually ^^
-Cocoa