PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Symphonia Martel...

Kirara_Power
06-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Okay, so I chose a really hard costume to do... I can't figure out how to do her jacket thing or the sleeves. Of course, I only have one picture to go by, and it's kinda tricky. So, if anyone has done this costume before or has pictures of Martel other that the one I have, PLEASE POST!!! :bigtu:

Here's the picture that I have...
Martel Pic (http://www.rpg-o-mania.de/gallery/tales_of_symphonia/tos_Martel.jpg)

Kirara_Power
06-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Oh, and a pic of the BACK of her costume would be swell..

Nyoko
06-12-2005, 08:04 PM
pictures: http://mizuho.zapchu.com/end.htm

As far as back pictures go... Im not sure if you can really find them. unless its fan art...you just kinda wing it based of what you know other characters costumes to do compared to what the front does and go from there.

As far as making it, um you really would need to make your own pattern for it, it a bit odd and Im not really sure anything like that comes to mind...

CrimsonNataku
06-13-2005, 01:35 AM
That picture you have there is better than any of the others I've ever seen, so I can't help you much there. But as for the costume, it's a lot like the Rind and Raine I did previously. Basically, I ended up taking a long coat pattern and adapted it (mainly by cutting up the bottom to make them into coat tails). For the small little cape-like thing on top of the coat, I would just come up with your own pattern. That's what I had to do for Raine. You can see how it came out in my photo gallery actually. As for the sleeves, just use a coat pattern that has long sleeves and cut them. When you are cutting out the material for the sleeves, leave some extra material at the ends of the sleeve to get more of a cone shaped look.

I have a friend who's also cosplaying as this character. I too always wanted to cosplay as Martel. If you have any questions or need any more help, feel free to ask.

Yueri
06-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Wow, I wish you so much luck, probably Ill be doing Tabatha soon, if you have any artwork like that you just showed of Tabatha PLEASEEEEEEE contact me in my webpage because Im dying for it T.T And good luck on Martel

Kirara_Power
06-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Yes, I have one of Tabatha... Hang on, I'll send you the link, Yueri...

ZakuKitty
06-25-2005, 04:00 PM
I am cosplaying Kratos and he has unusual sleeves and cape. I made my own pattern by getting the material then using stencil tap to tap out the pattern before I cut it.

Kirara_Power
06-27-2005, 03:49 PM
Hmmm... I try this method!

Matsuki
07-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Oh hey, can you send me the picture of Tabatha too? I'm thinking about cosplaying her too. ^^';;;

As for Martel... I've never done a costume thaaat difficult o_o';;; All I can say is that it'll need lots of bias tape and probably a home made pattern.

Matsuki
07-05-2005, 10:32 PM
picture of martel (http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=88733).. probably not really helpful, but its a pic.

sorry, didnt mean to spam sorta, I accidently clicked reply insted of edit. And I didn't even notice until i made this new post... and I don't know how to delete my own post.

lonlon_malon
07-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Not really a suggestion but...Awesome idea. I loooooove that game. I'd like to see how it turns out.

Kirara_Power
07-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Mmmm... Kay. Y'know what... I think I'm going to have Martel as a costume for A-Kon 18.. Not 17... She may take awhile... So, in the meantime, I'll do Collette. I did a Presea for A-Kon 16, and she was really fun (I don't think I've ever gotten that many hugs in my life!!!) so I'll stick to TOS cosplay. Wait, that was a pointless post, wasn't it?