PDA

View Full Version : July Gathering

KawaiiEdea
06-14-2005, 01:08 AM
Hope everyones still alive after AZ :P I figured there needs to be another gathering so..who would be available next month?

Edited by Link: Gathering setup~
The directions and gathering details are up, go to http://ccr.kukaionline.com/ for the info!

Star_Angel
06-14-2005, 01:33 AM
Hope everyones still alive after AZ :P I figured there needs to be another gathering so..who would be available next month?
I would be just depends on when it is and all! Im gone the first week of July at the beach so couldnt make it then.

Terumi
06-14-2005, 02:47 PM
I would be just depends on when it is and all! Im gone the first week of July at the beach so couldnt make it then.

I will also be gone that week, but any time after that I would be happy to meet up with you all. ^^

(- At AZ I was Piyoko (the girl with short, flipped out blonde hair in Artist alley) I don't think everyone recognized me because I didn't have long blonde hair, and I wasn't in a nun costume! LOL )

Invincible Kaji
06-14-2005, 11:02 PM
Depending entirely on interest, I might be able to hold a party for the CCR at my house. I'm in Durham. So, if that sounds good, lemme know, people! If there's enough interest, I'll start planning.

Finding Beauty
06-15-2005, 12:10 AM
As long as I get plenty of advance notice (instead of like ... a week before) I can probably make it. I just got new tires on my car so I can actually make a roadtrip, yay! :D

I'm sad I didn't make it to the gathering at Animazement. I forgot all about it until the last second.

Lovelyangel_81
06-15-2005, 10:32 AM
I am available next month but the third week (July 14th-17th) I will be out of town. However, any other time I will be available. :)

CreativeGuy
06-15-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm interested, just depends on when and where.

Link Arroway
06-15-2005, 05:40 PM
There's a July gathering planned it seems in SC but I only noticed 3 people interested in the thread >_>?
I'll sticky this as well and we can see what works out XD Summer is too short eh? July is already a half month away! Oh well, as long as it doesn't conflict with Otakon, AMA or other nearby east coast cons and isn't at a mall again, sounds good.

Kaji, if you've got the space and don't mind I bet something like that would work out very well, and I could help you setup for such an event if you want. That would give us a good place to meet up and people wouldn't have to worry about finding the group if they get there late..

RHIshida
06-16-2005, 07:37 AM
I'd definitely love a gathering in July! I've been so bored and blah since summer started. A gathering would rock. :D

Gotham
06-16-2005, 10:31 AM
A July gathering would be fun, as long as it isn't 4th of July week since I imagine most people will be gone.

Kaji, if you need more setup help, i live in Durham too and would be happy to help out! Something with an inside option would be nice in this summer heat.

Invincible Kaji
06-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Inside would be absolutely possible. My basement was made for parties.

Okay, now all we need is a date. In July, I will only be gone the weekend of the 15th thro' the 17th. Anything else is really pretty good.

Lovelyangel_81
06-17-2005, 05:37 PM
I live in Durham also. This would be cool. So are we going to do this on a Saturday? Here's some possible dates: July 9th, 17th, 23th, 30th. The 17th is not good for me because I will be out of town. As I stated before. Any of those dates fine.

edited:

The July 16th is a Saturday. My bad. :)

quadrain61
06-17-2005, 11:11 PM
For my schedule, so far I'm free after July 5th when my dad comes back from his vacation

Link Arroway
06-18-2005, 12:31 AM
the 9th I guess should be avoided since its the week of the 4th and many may be out of town,
and it seems like at least a few people will be out on the 16th (the Sat. is the 16th and not the 17th >_> right?) and if it would be at Kaji's house ovbiously we can't do it when he's not there.

That leaves 23rd and 30th, its only a week difference so should we wait a week to allow more planning or do you guys want to do it on the 23rd? that is if no one else issues with either of those dates.

July is close and it looks like we can get this wrapped up almost now, tell your member-friends to check the forums so they'll know about the gathering and can input on the dates as well :)

Lovelyangel_81
06-18-2005, 10:23 AM
To gave us enough plannnig, I think 23rd would be good.

*~Antagonist~*
06-18-2005, 01:03 PM
I wont be able to the first week of July, the week of evil at coldstone /shudder.

DDR Faery Spice
06-19-2005, 04:01 PM
either the 23rd or the 30th would be good for me. so is it definitely going to be at your house, Kaji? and has anyone thought of a time frame yet? whatever happens, this should be fun. ^_^

Invincible Kaji
06-19-2005, 05:49 PM
The 23rd of July is the best date for having it at my place. Is there any possible way of getting some kind of headcount? I've got a few more details worked out, but I'd just like to see what numbers I'm dealing with.

Hinoto
06-19-2005, 06:49 PM
I a the one organizing the meet in SC ^^ It's on July the 16th and it's for anyone, CCR member or not, but if we do get soem CCR members down here I a sure that we can take a group shot! We'd love for any of you to come. I ight be able to ake it up soetime in July but it will depend on whether or not I can get a ride.

Masahiro018
06-19-2005, 08:30 PM
The 23rd of July is the best date for having it at my place. Is there any possible way of getting some kind of headcount? I've got a few more details worked out, but I'd just like to see what numbers I'm dealing with.

Party at Kaji's? Hell's yeah. How do I get there?

peachrin
06-20-2005, 01:41 PM
oh man, if it's the 23rd i can go! :D yay! i haven't been able to go to the last couple...
i'm getting back from europe the 22nd, though; so if i look sort of tired, that why. x.x

Gotham
06-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Kaji you rock! You are really super for doing this. We'll let you pick the time and all.

So far from what I can gather we have 3 definates (including me). We'll try to keep count on the thread.

PM me if you need me to chip in set up time or money.

quadrain61
06-20-2005, 08:02 PM
Kaji you're the man
23rd sounds good and I'll try to get there since my dad will be back by then.

Terumi
06-20-2005, 10:28 PM
This is great! ^^ ::Dance:: But do we get to cosplay? O-o I mean, I want to! XD Lol But sometimes everyone is less formal. How will it be this time?

Star_Angel
06-20-2005, 10:39 PM
I'll try to make it! i dont think i work that weekend but im not completely sure! and if I can get away from home, ya know that whole three cons in four weeks thing has the people in my house fed up with cosplay at the moment, lol. I'll post a for sure a little closer when i know for sure!

Link Arroway
06-20-2005, 11:23 PM
23rd it is then?
I'd assume cosplay is expected if you want to & if its okay with Kaji?
Should we bring food or offerings?

Oh, I'll definately make it, either weekend. Unless both cars break down.

Tigress
06-21-2005, 01:37 AM
Yay! A gathering I can actually make! 23rd is good for me!

The 30th... not so much. My birthday is on the 27th, followed by my husband's ex-co-worker's wedding that weekend, followed by my first anniversary on the first of August.

Looks up at what she just said.

I thought I promised myself that I'd stop overbooking my weekends.

Lila
06-21-2005, 03:48 AM
The end of July sounds good-I'll go if possible

DDR Faery Spice
06-21-2005, 04:18 AM
23rd sounds best for everyone, I suppose. Anywho. I'm definitely coming. I've missed most of the last CCR gatherings--in fact, my first and only one has been the zoo gathering. And now that I'm no longer attached to Iku, I shall enjoy myself much more. Not to mention missing Kaji. Off tangent, onto topic. What should we bring, time frames are nice, and what sort of stuff will we be doing?

Masahiro018
06-21-2005, 11:41 AM
This is great! ^^ ::Dance:: But do we get to cosplay? O-o I mean, I want to! XD Lol But sometimes everyone is less formal. How will it be this time?

Gah! Which one to bring?

Sephiroth...Red XIII...Gene Starwind...Wolfwood? :( Help!

Invincible Kaji
06-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Okay, lemme answer some of these questions floating around.

Yes! Cosplay! I'll be in my Kaji outfit, so come with bells on! Besides, the look on my brother's face will be priceless should he ever wander into the basement.

I think 7pm would be a good time to get things started, and we can run until 2am or so. I don't want to drive my neighbors too crazy.

I'm going to broach this issue right now, as some of us are of drinking age and most of us aren't; the party will be BYOB. And even for those of us who can drink, I'm not providing anything so as to avoid trouble with the law.

Should anyone need to crash for the night, we have quite a few couches. Also, I would encourage anyone who does not believe he can make it home for whatever reason, to crash.

About food: We have two options. 1. Everyone can bring some food, and I'll do drinks. 2. Everyone can bring five bucks or so and we'll do a mass ordering of pizza. I'll still provide drinks in this case.

Anything else?

Tigress
06-22-2005, 01:08 AM
About food: We have two options. 1. Everyone can bring some food, and I'll do drinks. 2. Everyone can bring five bucks or so and we'll do a mass ordering of pizza. I'll still provide drinks in this case.

Anything else?

Plates? Cups? Plasticware (in the case of potluck)? Napkins?! I'm willing to contribute on that front, seeing as how I don't cook much and my crappy stove can't handle anything heavier than a saucepan or light frying pan.

Is the 23rd a lock for everyone?

Lovelyangel_81
06-22-2005, 11:59 AM
2. Everyone can bring five bucks or so and we'll do a mass ordering of pizza.

That sounds like a good idea. :)

Tohma
06-22-2005, 12:03 PM
Yay for another gathering ^_^ I'll see what I can do about making it. I'm not going to be able to say for sure for a few more weeks, but if it is late at night I may not even have to ask off for work. I could work a morning shift and then head to the gathering afterwards...since it would be an hour closer to Durham if I leave from work anyway ^^ The only issue would be cosplaying...hmm...I could always change at work. It wouldn't be the first time they have seen me in cosplay gear ^_~

So I'm a maybe for now, but leaning more towards the yes side. Let me know if I should bring anything ^^

Gotham
06-22-2005, 05:18 PM
I think Pizza may be the easiest option. I will be more than happy to bring plates and drinks if needed.

peachrin
06-23-2005, 10:12 PM
whaaaa, you're cosplaying kaji? :3 cool! i'll probably be rei again. (i'm too lazy to think of anything new)

i still haven't gotten in touch with kytri on whether or not she's coming, it seems her work is consuming her! >.> link, help me! but uh...if she's not, i'm not entirely sure how i'll get there. maybe i can convince josh or someone. (since he'll be back from europe by then)
also, link *.* let me stay at your house!
eheh...just kidding, of course. although, i would definitely appreciate it considering that my parents know you and would rather me stay with you than someone they don't know. :x pleeeeeease?

DDR Faery Spice
06-24-2005, 01:54 AM
Gah! Which one to bring?

Sephiroth...Red XIII...Gene Starwind...Wolfwood? :( Help!
totally wolfwood. it is t3h seks. not to mention probably the easiest to move around in...>_>

anyway, i haven't worn my asuka dress since az 02, so i might pull that vack out. i dunno if it even fits anymore, and that makes me sad. i have no idea what i'm wearing. but i'll totally bring money for pizza. and cookies or something, as i need an excuse to bake again. any preferences from people on type/flavor of cookies? any allergies i should know about before cooking? yeah.

oh, and kaji, can i go ahead and claim a couch? as i have no idea how i'm getting there and it may be the next day before i can get back?

Masahiro018
06-24-2005, 03:40 PM
totally wolfwood. it is t3h seks.

Do I have to bring the cross too? Cuz...it's big...and heavy.

Star_Angel
06-24-2005, 06:26 PM
Do I have to bring the cross too? Cuz...it's big...and heavy.
Lol would it fit in Kajis basement? lol I would leave it at home, make a mini cross or something to bring, lol

Link Arroway
06-24-2005, 09:15 PM
popcicle stick crafts :P

Star_Angel
06-24-2005, 10:43 PM
popcicle stick crafts :P
YES!!! lol

DDR Faery Spice
06-25-2005, 12:28 AM
totally. popsicle cross would rask.

GreatSG
06-25-2005, 02:31 AM
agh.. double post...

GreatSG
06-25-2005, 02:37 AM
I'll definitely be there, and i'm for the pizza idea, as for a costume I'd waear, hopefully i'll have that armor cosplay I keep putting off done.

Okay, just because i'm sure i'll have to, i'm bringing Mystery Science Theater 3000 and hookup for tv to my laptop for all of us to watch.

Forget that lame DDR, we got Joel/Mike and bots to entertain us! :P

Kytri
06-25-2005, 03:38 AM
I'm not dead!
I'll ask for the weekend of the 23rd off so I can go. Hopefully I'll have Grimrock Asuka done by then, if not i'll wear Neji again probably.

peachrin
06-25-2005, 04:02 AM
I'll definitely be there, and i'm for the pizza idea, as for a costume I'd waear, hopefully i'll have that armor cosplay I keep putting off done.

Okay, just because i'm sure i'll have to, i'm bringing Mystery Science Theater 3000 and hookup for tv to my laptop for all of us to watch.

Forget that lame DDR, we got Joel/Mike and bots to entertain us! :P

yay for MST3K! :3

quadrain61
06-25-2005, 05:19 PM
The pizza idea sounds good. I'll defintely pitch in.

Kaji: Can you post an address?

Invincible Kaji
06-25-2005, 06:58 PM
I would much rather have everyone email me for my address, as I would rather not just post it.

invincible_kaji@yahoo.com

quadrain61
06-25-2005, 08:04 PM
I would much rather have everyone email me for my address, as I would rather not just post it.

invincible_kaji@yahoo.com

Aight I understand, I'll do that now. Thanks!

Link Arroway
06-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Where's that video of Kaji dancing to Yatta! at Tri-noc or whatever?

quadrain61
06-26-2005, 12:19 AM
Where's that video of Kaji dancing to Yatta! at Tri-noc or whatever?

One of my back up CDs...that is if I can find it -_-

Invincible Kaji
06-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Oh man, I remember doing that. The rest of that weekend is pretty much a haze, as I hardly slept.

Link Arroway
06-26-2005, 12:09 PM
If you want I could post your address on the CCR website and require login inorder to view it, and remove it after the gathering.

And.. so has anyone else confirmed they're going yet? I'm sure Kaji would appriaciate it if you let him know. :D I think I said I can, I forget.

Prof Farnsworth
06-26-2005, 12:25 PM
hmm, maybe, maybe not. I'll prob have to work that sunday and possibly that sat. I'll let youse guys know once I know for sure.

Invincible Kaji
06-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Link, I like your idea. I'll shoot that email off to ya in a wee bit. Is there any other information I should include concerning directions and whatnot?

Link Arroway
06-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Link, I like your idea. I'll shoot that email off to ya in a wee bit. Is there any other information I should include concerning directions and whatnot?
Hmmm... I dunno, do you want anyone to bring games or anything like that? Paper plates? Napkins? I've got some left over plates and napkins from the last gathering.

Any parking guidelines we should remind people of such as a picky neighbor that doesnt want a car infront of their house or something.. Of course we shouldn't park on grass, block people in at driveways and stuff. Unless theres a special area, like in my yard one side of the driveway is just dirt for parking on, family has a lot of cars. I guess you could always tell people that when we get there.

Tigress
06-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Hmmm... I dunno, do you want anyone to bring games or anything like that? Paper plates? Napkins? I've got some left over plates and napkins from the last gathering.

I've got all kinds of party games I can bring (mostly GameCube with some DDR), in addition to utensils and maybe some additional junk food. Plus, I've got a bunch of Cheapass games.

Any parking guidelines we should remind people of such as a picky neighbor that doesnt want a car infront of their house or something.

That's a good idea.

Prof Farnsworth
06-26-2005, 08:32 PM
If you want I could post your address on the CCR website and require login inorder to view it, and remove it after the gathering.

hmm, i'm having a bit of trouble remembering my user name :confused:

Link Arroway
06-26-2005, 08:43 PM
You don't seem to have one: memberlist (http://ccr.kukaionline.com/forums/memberlist.php)

who else to pre-reg for the gathering :) 26 days remaining

those of you who haven't visited the new website and signed up yet:
http://ccr.kukaionline.com/ instructions on the front page, gathering info on the right
directions will be posted there soon for members

if you had trouble registering, read the notice on the front page of the site and if you need help PM/IM/EMail me

KuroHana
06-27-2005, 03:48 PM
:x I'm hoping to be able to go..Since the only CCR thing I've been to was the very first one at Duke Gardens. Will probably bust out my Sango cosplay..since Rith would be extremely annoying to wear just for the hell of it.

Link Arroway
06-27-2005, 07:30 PM
The directions and gathering details are up, go to http://ccr.kukaionline.com/ for the info! I'm going to edit the first post in the thread to make it easier as well.

End Lifeking
06-28-2005, 02:41 AM
Hopefully I'll be able to attend, just got to check on my ride and work. Let you know as soon as possible.

DDR Faery Spice
06-28-2005, 02:44 AM
as soon as i find a ride, i'm good. and KuroHana...is that you, Minet-chan?? ^__^ but yes. finding ride. hm. Oi, Kurt, got any room in your car, and or/are willing to pick me up??

KuroHana
06-28-2005, 07:45 AM
Why yes that would be me :P <3

teddybomber005
06-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Sadness!!! I can not come!!! It is my last day of class in Savannh!! I wish I could come!!

Gotham
06-28-2005, 03:26 PM
You have class on a Saturday? Boo to that.

GreatSG
06-28-2005, 03:53 PM
as soon as i find a ride, i'm good. and KuroHana...is that you, Minet-chan?? ^__^ but yes. finding ride. hm. Oi, Kurt, got any room in your car, and or/are willing to pick me up??

I have no idea at the moment, but it's doubtful that I will and Charlotte is rather out of the way for me. Sorry

Agh, why does the CCR website keep crashing on me. ><

DDR Faery Spice
06-28-2005, 08:52 PM
ah. okay, thanks anyway. time to search.

Link Arroway
06-29-2005, 01:29 AM
ah. okay, thanks anyway. time to search.
try amtrak (http://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak/FareFinder?_tripType=OneWay&_origin=Charlotte%2C+NC+%28CLT%29&_depmonthyear=2005-07&_depday=23&_dephourmin=&_destination=Raleigh%2C+NC+%28RGH%29&_retmonthyear=&_retday=&_rethourmin=&_adults=1&_children=0&_infants=0&_searchBy=schedule&x=39&y=20)? you could get there an hour late for $19 and then crash and take a train back, a ride to and from the station might be easier to obtain

Link Arroway
06-29-2005, 01:31 AM
Sadness!!! I can not come!!! It is my last day of class in Savannh!! I wish I could come!!
School? on a saturday? at night? :o

veePLUS
06-29-2005, 02:16 AM
oo i need to check this forum more often. i totally missed all the planning. doesn't matter much though since the date you guys picked works for me. but then again, pretty much ANY day works for me... no school over the summer and no job. being 17 is the seks. :D

DDR Faery Spice
06-29-2005, 04:35 PM
no comment on the awesomeness of being 17, as 18 is much cooler. I may just go with the train thing, Link, thanks. Maybe I'll shoot for an earlier time so I ge tthere on time. There's still the question of getting to Kaji's place from the station though.

Link Arroway
06-29-2005, 07:12 PM
no comment on the awesomeness of being 17, as 18 is much cooler. I may just go with the train thing, Link, thanks. Maybe I'll shoot for an earlier time so I ge tthere on time. There's still the question of getting to Kaji's place from the station though.
sure, & yeah I agree, its pretty much better as long as you like working. and I do!

it doesn't look like I'll have any room to pick people up, but hopefully someone can swing by, I think the only earlier time that day that would be cheap is like around lunchtime, 7 or so hours before the gathering starts. i'm not sure though so keep looking.

teddybomber005
06-29-2005, 11:18 PM
School? on a saturday? at night? :o
It is a summer class!! It the last day!

Link Arroway
06-30-2005, 01:57 AM
confusing, and rough :P

KawaiiEdea
07-01-2005, 12:30 AM
don't think I can come, since it'll be late and I don't know Invincible_Kaji really at all.

DDR Faery Spice
07-01-2005, 01:02 AM
yeah, i'm hoping i'll be able to make it. i've talked to Kaji about getting a ride from the station to his house and back, since it's close to his house, so that's all good. i just need to determine whether or not my schedule will permit me going. sometimes commissions can be as rough as a regular job. >.<

Masahiro018
07-18-2005, 08:35 PM
Masahiro will be unable to attend :(.

Someone quit their job where he works and despite his request to not have to work on the 23rd, he has been made to work anyway. He is sorry and will miss you all...at least until NekoCon...or Animazement...or whenever he sees you next.

Star_Angel
07-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Had a great time at the gathering! It was a interesting one (The Initial D movie and all) Can't wait to see most of you at Otakon!!