PDA

View Full Version : Yami No Matsuei Costumes

Akumaheart
06-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Yaoi Con's my first convention ever ^^;;; and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on making Asato Tsuzuki and Kazutaka Muraki's costumes. Anything is helpful! Thanks ahead of time!

Also, I'll be making Sanosuke from Rurouni Kenshin for a friend who's playing Kenshin himself. Tips on that will also be helpful.

Future costumes will include Genjyo Sanzo, Sha Gojyo, Cho Hakkai, Homura and Dougan from Saiyuki, as well as various Final Fantasy Characters. Tips are also helpful on these.

I'm asking for a lot of help, huh? *beginner*

Ryochan
06-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Can't give you tips on Muraki, but Tsuzuki's is rather easy if you're doing his staple black coat and white shirt option. It's when you start getting into some of the manga alterations that you will have difficulty.

Example: I'm sitting here trying to figure out if I can do one of Hisoka's many outfits from the manga, or maybe find one in the show that's recognizable, other than his main orange outfit, which I've done since Y-Con 1!

Just do your best! Put your heart into it and people will know! :D

ycysusan2001
07-29-2005, 02:26 AM
um.....Muraki..... didnt he just ware all white and a white trench coat?? The only outfit that I can think of for him
for me ^^
I am still trying to figure out how to do Kouchin, one of Tsuzuki's Shikigamis, I am still not sure for doing that thou... it is going to be pretty hard to find a pattern for it. Not only that, there only 4 picture inside the manga of her.

Ryochan
07-29-2005, 04:43 AM
Actually, Muraki isn't ALL white, though he is often mistaken for wearing such. His coat and usually his suits and shoes are white, but he tends to wear between white, pale blue, or gray shirts, and typically a wine-colored tie.

I also believe in the manga he has a few other alterations, but I'm too lazy to flip through my 11 volumes at the moment to check. I'm also not looking heavily at his costume at the moment... My ex forbid me to make one... So I might soon *Cackles*

ycysusan2001
07-29-2005, 10:29 PM
I kind of look over the manga cover...
IN Vol. 8 he actually ware black, but that costume was a bit more complicated. Some metal part was needed...I think
http://www.yuki.ru/images/manga/jpg20F.jpg
but usually was something white....something like this...
http://comic.online.sh.cn/img/2003-11/14/xin_86bc67806c0f419eafef31b934bf80b6.jpg

Ryochan
07-29-2005, 11:01 PM
Sadly, a good portion of where one gets reference for costume can alter if the series has been animated. In the series I believe he does have a pale blue, or a gray, shirt. Anyway, I do know the volume 8 version. I saw one person do it, and... I'm still scared of her... Last time I get bouncy and excited about making my own wig in front of a Muraki...

^_^ I'll eventually maybe write up all the varieties of Muraki and his... whiteness...

ACXchan
07-30-2005, 02:10 AM
If I go to YCon this year (I might actually MISS IT *weep*) I'll be bringing my Suzaku costume.

ycysusan2001
07-31-2005, 01:10 AM
U are not going to Ycon O.O
then I am going to be by myself TT

Ryochan
08-02-2005, 01:27 PM
At least there will be othe YnM cosplayers around at Ycon YC-san... And if you're not doing YnM let me know what costumes you're up to... I may have something laying around so you can at least get some good pictures!

Me, I'm going to have what seems to be two Tsuzuki's with me. And if my one Tsuzuki's bf can get time off, I'll have a Muraki too! He's actually a Muraki, btw, and a Doctor, so I'm a little frightened... I hear I'll probably become a sack of potatoes over his shoulder if he makes it...

Oh and the Tsuzuki's should fear me! I'm the evil Hisoka who runs around immitating Muraki... I'm sure a few remember this...

ACXchan
08-18-2005, 03:22 PM
I can make it to YCon officially! Count me in for Suzaku, she's woman but she's definitely seme X3

Ryochan
08-18-2005, 05:42 PM
AXC - What will be more fun is if my friend Kitty brings her Byakko! We'll have more Shikigami! But I'll be flat on the floor again! Eep!

Hehe so who all is confirmed, and should we maybe set up a day to do a mass photo shoot? :D

ycysusan2001
08-18-2005, 11:10 PM
I still have not make it... but I am pretty sure I can finish Kouchin costume by that time. Just got the fabric two days ago ^^

KurosakiHisoka
08-24-2005, 02:39 PM
My suggestions for Muraki cosplay: USE A WIG! A blond wig with with NO bangs is easiest for styling. ^-^ It takes color very well and can be cut with more ease.

ACXchan
08-25-2005, 01:40 AM
My suggestion for Muraki cosplay: be a lecherous evil X3

Ryochan, glad to hear you might have a Byakko! Our Byakko and Kurikara from AX can't make it to YCon this year T__T But we might have a Souryu and Touda!

kujaeidolon
08-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Souryo, in some fashion, shall be there XD

FiFi
10-23-2005, 01:20 AM
O.o I was thinking about Muraki...><..but I don't have his coat TT-TT
I have like black pant and white shirt =V=...[I lost my tie in Fanime] = =bbb
TT^TT....I want to cosplay him....gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

AmazonPrincess
10-25-2005, 11:28 PM
I might be going as Watari. I'm not entirely sure yet.