PDA

View Full Version : How to make Bridget's Yoyo and giant handcuff from Guilty Gear XX?

BIOJECT
06-15-2005, 04:09 PM
I am cosplaying as Bridget from Guilty Gear XX in two weeks at Anime Expo and I still haven't started the props since I have very little confidence that I would be successful. I want the props to be light but strong and look good. Not to make peeps sad who did something similar but, I have often seen people make swords and stuff out of cardboard and they look horrible. Basically giant boxes painted silver. It doesn't really look all that impressive. Anyway, please feel free to offer you opinion on what materials I should use. I have considered many different materials like foam for the inside and perhaps some sort of harder material for the outside.

karinka Chick
06-15-2005, 04:13 PM
Can you post A pic?

BIOJECT
06-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Can you post A pic?

Oh woops, I am sorry about that. Here you go.

HybridTwist
06-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Well, for the handcuff, I think that you will probably need craft foam. But for the yoyo, you can either look through ebay or any yoyo site and see if you can find what you are looking for. Or you can make the yoyo out of wood if you want. Surprisingly, it's not that hard to make a functional yoyo. A yoyo is made up of three pieces of wood and one 3ft (or however long it is) string.