PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter

Celine
01-18-2003, 12:06 AM
I know there are some other Harry Potter fans out there, so did anyone bother to try any of the games? I avoided the first batch, but I tried out CoS for PS2 and Xbox. Maybe I'm just crazy, but despite the atrociously, hideously, disgustingly long load times, the PS2 game is fantastic. It plays like a very simple and happy version of Zelda, except the focus is on silly sneak puzzles and not combat (though the duels are kinda tricky, at least for me). You basically explore parts of Hogwarts at night (or you can fly across the campus during the day) while avoiding prefects... or just stunning them if they see you. XD I only rented the game, but I'm seriously considering buying it, because it was just *that* much fun. The voice acting is excellent, the music is fitting usually, and the animation is pretty good.

The Xbox version I was very blah about, since it limited how much exploration you could do, and it had much tougher flying-through-rings sequences (aka, Quidditch). It was also at least ten times harder, which was a big turnoff for me since I prefer a fun game.

NeshaChan
01-18-2003, 02:52 AM
MEhh! I tried the game for gameboy advance and it was horrible! Hehe, then again, gameboy is a lot different than PS2. :)

kelldar
01-18-2003, 08:06 AM
I was addicted to CoS for a while too, but then it got so hard... ><; I kept trying but eventually I had to give the game back to the guy I borrowed it from. It's really fun tho!
I would LOVE to see an HP game that's more like a sim or something... where you can create a character, go to Diagon Alley and buy whatever you want with the money you have, get sorted, make friends, go through 7 years at Hogwarts... dude that would be SO fun.

Celine
01-18-2003, 10:59 AM
I feel better, I'm not the only person who thought it was hard! ^^ Almost every day I was working at Gamestop over the holidays, somebody would walk in and ask for a strategy guide for that game. Sometimes I could help them (though I didn't get very far- just to McGonagall's dungeon you had to go through to get the turn rocks into birds or whatever spell), but usually I had to direct them to gamefaqs or something!

A Sims game? I dunno... and imagine how crazy it'd be for the people designing it to appease all the fans! XD It could be cool!

Sami
01-18-2003, 12:07 PM
Haha I've never played any of the Harry Potter games yet, but I did make a Harry Potter Sims house.. ^___^; There was Harry and Draco and Hermione and Ron, and Sirius and Remus and Gilderoy.. aa, them were the days, before my computer flooded. @_@

wally2069
03-02-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm an action/adventure fan myself. I don't really hate or love Harry Potter in any sense of the word.

If it's made well, I would play it.

Now where was that wyvern I was hunting?

Quantum9
03-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Whoa! Uber Thread Necromancy!

wally2069
03-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Stupid smiley post going around necroing everything.

EDIT: Curse me for not noticing it was necroed by a user with only one post.