PDA

View Full Version : Ride/Carpool available Rockford/Indy/Columbus

CapsuleCorp
06-16-2005, 09:21 PM
I've decided to stupidly make Otakon work for me again this year, but in doing so, I'm currently driving alone from Wisconsin to Baltimore. I would like to split the horrendous costs of gas and parking, so I'm willing to pick up a cosplay carpooler along my route. I'm going through Rockford, Bloomington IL, Indianapolis, Columbus, to Maryland, in order to cut costs by not having to pay turnpike fees.

The catch is, I'm not making the journey over two days, I'm trying for one marathon drive, overnight Wednesday into Thursday, intending to arrive in Baltimore Thursday between noon and 3. I'll be leaving as soon as the con is done Sunday and marathon driving my way back to be home by Monday evening. Yes, it's crazy, but it's the only way I can do it. So, if being picked up in Indy at 2 am or something like that isn't an issue, feel free to offer. :)

I'm making the road trip regardless, I just thought if I could help one person out (two MAX...but I have a LOT of cosplay stuff) and cut my expenses in the process, so much the better.

R1KKu
06-22-2005, 09:35 PM
I would love to go, seeing as school canceled my possible plans last year. Dont count me in yet, though. I wanna make sure I can get enough money saved up and I can get those days off from work.

You are one crazy woman for making that trip in one day,lol.

CapsuleCorp
06-23-2005, 10:23 PM
So noted. :) It would be great to have you along.

Yeah, it's been quite a few years since I've done marathon road trips. I used to do it all the time, though, I've done Green Bay to Nashville several times. We'd take significant breaks every couple hours, I just don't plan to get a hotel and break it into two days. That added so much to my expenses last year.